• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#1 CorporalKippers

CorporalKippers

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:05 AM

Hey there guys! Just wondering, is Requiem worth getting in to? I played it once a long time ago and was just wondering how it is now.

What's the economy like? Is there one? How's the population, is it spread out between both new and vets? Am I too late? Is the end game still fun? Etc.
Cheers.

#2 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:26 AM

i'm amazed at the amount of people asking if they should play this game.. anyway-

1 - Cashed up players/gear dominates the only fun thing - pvp. you either spend money to get decent gear or spend most of your free time farming for resources.

2- Economy is pretty screwy. Its gone all over the place. Mall point sellers (if you find genuine ones) have been seen selling 1 mall point per 100k lant. (1000 mall = 100 000 000 lant) maybe if you're lucky you can find them for a little less. At times this benefited some players when events went awry (basically free millions of lant during 2013 halloween)

3- Population kind of irregular. Trifri is the PK server now and has the most players out of the 2. Recently endgame PvP maps have had at least 20+ players on a regular basis. Nova is non PK but effectively a wasteland with a handful of actual players (that i know of).

As most people will continue to say - RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN FROM HERE,

i will say, enter with caution and dont expect Requiem to be, play or be managed like other MMORPGs. if you can do that, you may have a good time.

#3 INeedANewName

INeedANewName

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:28 AM

is Requiem worth getting in to?

no.

I played it once a long time ago and was just wondering how it is now.

crap.

What's the economy like? Is there one?

ruined.

Am I too late?

yep.

Is the end game still fun?

no.

#4 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:32 AM

this Game can be fun...

until you start interact with other Players at PvP or try raid some End-Game Dungeons / Bosses

than you will realize the requirements are either lose 7 Years of your lifetime grinding or spent Hundreds of Dollars. 

Most here feel like they lost both.

If only THEN the Fun would start...

But no...lack of Content , no profession , housing , whatsoever- systems besides of Cash - Shop System.

Thats the only thing we have in this Game.

Edited by Sandyman, 01 January 2015 - 04:35 AM.

#5 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:10 AM

Sandy, I'm embarrassed to say but its been well over a thousand if not thousands of dollars since I started.  

#6 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

OK so i have been playing this game for 6 years now (stopped for a year) came back about month ago and things r even worst than before, u cant do -_- in pvp literaly u cant do anything vs 30+ players, they kill u with 2-3 hits and youre not able to fight back.

Raids are  useless now cause of heart quest. You wont buy -_- for lants cause everybody has too much cause of xeona cards and tokens, the only way to get 30+ item is to pay with wp another thing is that malls have crazy price and will still go up and up and up. 

I gave this game last chance and they -_- it up

Last thing i want to say that today was last time i ever logged to this game bb and gl :)

#7 Demtd

Demtd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

I find the game to be fun. I do buy malls from time to time but games like this do need revenue. I have tried other games and they don't compare.

Sometimes the staff seem to be less concerned about the game than players which is incredibly frustrating but they have implemented some ideas such as permanent mounts which are about same cost as dna

This game is a business at end of day. I just hope permanent reduction tool and permanent pet become available

Edited by Demtd, 01 January 2015 - 08:07 AM.

#8 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

Sandy, I'm embarrassed to say but its been well over a thousand if not thousands of dollars since I started.  

I have already admitted in earlier posts that my total spending bill in Requiem is somewhere around 18k $, could possibly be 20k. Obviously NOT all for my own characters and their development (in fact, just a fraction), but this doesn't change the fact of how much has been spent.

Of course, no one will ever believe it, but I am very far from being a "rich man", making a living on a modest monthly salary only. But what does it matter... Money spent is just that, money spent.

#9 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

Lol rich GMs xD
I would never put a cent in a bugged game like this..

#10 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

I have already admitted in earlier posts that my total spending bill in Requiem is somewhere around 18k $, could possibly be 20k. Obviously NOT all for my own characters and their development (in fact, just a fraction), but this doesn't change the fact of how much has been spent.

Of course, no one will ever believe it, but I am very far from being a "rich man", making a living on a modest monthly salary only. But what does it matter... Money spent is just that, money spent.

Omg, now I really don't want to look at how much I probably actually spent...But I'd say it was fun while it lasted.  Some people put there money into hobbies, I put it here.  And if I do it and still take care of family

and donate to charities and what not then oh wells.  I've seen people drop much more into video game software and gear.  

On a note to the op I think the game is a good way to pass time an now my wife has gotten into it and we use it to spend some time together if we're bored of watching tv or taking walks blah blah.  If youre looking for some targeted hack and slash with some grinding and not a lot of storyline then you will be pleased.  If you're looking for something non sandboxy try Archage.  It has fulfilled my expectations of a less renouned  f2p game with decent graphics and a low budget.  And is also oddly quite addictive (Notice that the people who've "quit" still come here to comment).

And when you are not happy you can always come to the forums, rant, go back to the game, rinse and repeat.

Happy hunting.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 01 January 2015 - 04:17 PM.

#11 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

There are no plans on reducing the Cash Shop influence / Power from the Blacksmiths  So we will never see a balance for the Battlefield.

They are using the gab the Players experience at the PvP to increase the Cash Flow. 

The Frustrations levels are steady increasing and so are the pressure levels to keep up with the best or at least the mainstream.

Its a Circle that NO ONE can escape since its the foundation of this very Game and homemade.

But i`m done with running in circles. Feel free to feed this Machine and get rewarded but is has nothing to do with skill or using the brain.

I want to feel a real challenge at the Battlefield or fighting the Boss XYZ

Its not a challenge its only Pay2Win  

We gave this Team another Year

Its sad and a shame but it was in vain.

#12 Mykey

Mykey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationPrypiat
  • Server:Prypiat

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

I put more time than money into the game. That is why just after the second season started I started to focus on the lower level battlegrounds. At this point even those require pay to win.

I am just not willing to pay that much in time or money anymore.

I refuse to be loyal to a company that has broken the faith with me.

My advice to the OP: Go elsewhere as it is not likely that the game has a long enough future to invest in it at this late date.

#13 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

wooooo 5 years and $2 spent! 

now all i do is troll people in pvp and brag about how many kills i get without proper gear or TD buffs >:D

#14 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:46 PM

wooooo 5 years and $2 spent!

now all i do is troll people in pvp and brag about how many kills i get without proper gear or TD buffs >:D

best kser I've ever seen. When you not sleep walking into my trap of stiff lol

#15 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

best kser I've ever seen. When you not sleep walking into my trap of stiff lol

ahahaha. i ks over 3 different people simultaneously - Terms of Service + storm a group, fog someone snagged by a melee, pew pew someone running away.

and yes, i tend to be blind when opposing defilers join after me. rarely have to worry about other defis since alot of them dont even hide.

#16 Creds

Creds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Server:the broken one ...

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

funny much QQ about the Game but you guys Still playing do you get the wrong thing xD ?

#17 Skid

Skid

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Warframe/Smite

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:04 AM

funny much QQ about the Game but you guys Still playing do you get the wrong thing xD ?

Most of us are just forum trolls (former players who quit long time ago) who are bored at work...etc.
Forum > Game:
- more population
- free (for now :D )
- more fun
- no bugs
- no crashes (as in game)
- it's fun to read how these masochists are torturing themselves for years.(this one still baffles me, also makes me giggle and laugh from time to time)

#18 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:21 AM

ahahaha. i ks over 3 different people simultaneously - Terms of Service + storm a group, fog someone snagged by a melee, pew pew someone running away.

and yes, i tend to be blind when opposing defilers join after me. rarely have to worry about other defis since alot of them dont even hide.

even if u catch whole pt in Terms of Service u wont kill -_- unless u have 2k scad

#19 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:27 AM

even if u catch whole pt in Terms of Service u wont kill -_- unless u have 2k scad

hybrid int con works just fine for that

add this in the picture...

Regal_Sigil_of_Xenovia_Sostenuto_sym.png Regal Sigil of Xenovia Sostenuto Compounding
RecipesRegal_Sigil_of_Xenovia_Sostenuto_sym.png1 Regal Sigil of Xenovia Sostenuto

20 HP, 20 MP, 0.6% SCC, 8 SCAD, 0.7% Fire Res

Total
Materials

Slot 1 Xenovian_Insignia_of_Minds_sym.png 1 Xenovian Insignia of Minds -

Slot 2 Covenent_of_Xenovia_sym.png 1 Covenant of Xenovia -

Slot 3 Shard_of_the_Nach_Gate.png 150 Shard of the Nach Gate 910

Slot 4 Rare_xeon.gif 100 Rare Basic Xeon 810 Lant 1,000,000 8,000,000

trick is to compound before u bind!! work hard slaves O.O

Edited by sonemere, 04 January 2015 - 02:34 AM.

#20 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:28 AM

im aware. ever since 1st xmas hearts came out its been pretty hard. 

#21 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:34 AM

im aware. ever since 1st xmas hearts came out its been pretty hard. 

well defi is lucky enough when hes able to Terms of Service 1st without  dying in 2 hits ;p

#22 redranger

redranger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

So as im reading all these comments yall sound a little uninformed. There have been numerous content updates, farming lant is easier then ever before, there are daily quest that start at 70 that give you shards of Nach or something, but each sell to NPC for 10k or, you can craft them into frozen tokens that sell for 100k each...awwwhh poor babies gotta farm a little for it? ya know actually play the game?!  Yeah it is true, and youll hear it over and over again, you can pay to win. But it is possible to not spend a freakin dime and be just as op . All you guys look at is the pay to win aspect when really you dont HAVE too pay gravity -_-.

Requiem is a one of a kind game, and i still have yet to see a game like it. And ofc pvp sucks now.. there isnt a big enough player base. Awh yes one more thing the servers, now THAT i have no explanation for other then, its a free game and an old game as well. I'm not justifying the BS that the GMs have done or will do but, this game could come back if they keep on updating. Im already seeing a jump in players since Rise of the Reaver, if you are an old player like S1 or early S2, youll like the changes.

#23 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

S1 was mooore better than now...and WTF you saying?
This game is 100% p2w and u say me it isn't?
How can u say the game isn't p2w if we have 40% HP increase obtainable only in IM?
I NEVER saw in other games selling stats bonuses in item Mall, that's the apex of p2w system!
GMs are doing a -_- nothing, tell me what we got last years!!! Nothing, only some copy paste ugly and Mall content!

#24 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

it is possible to not spend a freakin dime and be just as op .

haaaaaaaa oh really then why isnt there millions of players? xD we have a server of less than 50 get your facts straight

the only form of advertising is word of mouth, but who would want to recommend a game to their friends that costs $200+ to play pvp 

its one big loop of people leaving game not to mention the bugs..

Edited by explicid17, 04 January 2015 - 03:20 PM.

#25 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

When they ll remove all items from Mall, and put only cosmetic costumes and Premium in item Mall, then you can say it isn t a p2w game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users