01/14 Classic Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

01/14 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#51 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

Is there uhh....anything else happening this week? Removing Christmas stuff? Exp event ending?

#52 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

Have the staff looked over the JRO coin system yet Campitor?

#53 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:45 PM

Is there uhh....anything else happening this week? Removing Christmas stuff? Exp event ending?

i heard you guys still have the turpeco...

#54 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:03 PM

Edited the OP to add this week's notes. 

#55 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:15 PM

I don't see anything in the OP about getting rid of Turpeco and the Thanksgiving Quest. If someone is feeding you lines about Vintage Orc Helms being essential pieces of competitive gear for new Monks and Champions that should maintain a steady supply flow, that is actually bull.

A slotted headgear of any kind can be compounded with a Blue Acidus card (currently very easy to acquire due to the Abyss Lake Turn In, hell I've only been down there 3 times and I found 2 of them) for SP+40 and a further SP+80 if refine<4, in addition to SP Regen +5%. The only reason ANYONE wants to keep the VOH quest in is because they're selling them on the market to people that are already filthy rich whom are attempting to refine them in bulk. There is no competitive angle; it's all about the money, as they clear vends quick.

Get rid of the quest.

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

The VOH is too easy to acquire for the level of power it gives.

But it shouldn't be unobtainable. That mistake is made with too many gears.

Think Valk helm levels for what it should be.

Also Almr, don't make me smack you with the calculator. You can't compare Blue acidus headgear to something that gives a similar effect + maestro.

Whilst I hate the hell out of how OP Gfist is on this server, there's an element of fairness that has to be mentioned here.

edit: Hey, how about ethereal orc boots please.

Edited by Xellie, 13 January 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#57 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:46 PM

I don't see anything in the OP about getting rid of Turpeco and the Thanksgiving Quest. If someone is feeding you lines about Vintage Orc Helms being essential pieces of competitive gear for new Monks and Champions that should maintain a steady supply flow, that is actually bull.

A slotted headgear of any kind can be compounded with a Blue Acidus card (currently very easy to acquire due to the Abyss Lake Turn In, hell I've only been down there 3 times and I found 2 of them) for SP+40 and a further SP+80 if refine<4, in addition to SP Regen +5%. The only reason ANYONE wants to keep the VOH quest in is because they're selling them on the market to people that are already filthy rich whom are attempting to refine them in bulk. There is no competitive angle; it's all about the money, as they clear vends quick.

Get rid of the quest.

They probably just forgot about it. It's pretty common.

#58 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

I'd like to think they forgot but I mentioned it 3 times prior to them amending the patch notes and it's still not been acknowledged @_@

The VOH is too easy to acquire for the level of power it gives.

But it shouldn't be unobtainable. That mistake is made with too many gears.

Think Valk helm levels for what it should be.

Also Almr, don't make me smack you with the calculator. You can't compare Blue acidus headgear to something that gives a similar effect + maestro.

Whilst I hate the hell out of how OP Gfist is on this server, there's an element of fairness that has to be mentioned here.

edit: Hey, how about ethereal orc boots please.

Totally agreed, but a +9 VOH with Carat is all but impossible for newbies to acquire anyway. Buying it outright is far far far beyond the vend limit, refining itself gets rather expensive when you don't farm your own Elu or don't use E.Elu plus given the refining rates it'll take several mil in Elu on average to get that coveted +9, and Carat cards are both rare and too expensive for players to purchase in the "newbie" stage of the game, where VOHs are being marketed as a necessity anyway.

Blue Acidus on the other hand only requires the safe limit, is cheap and super easy to farm thanks to the spot and TI. It may not be the super OP headgear people want but it's still relatively powerful in its own right and you can still 1-shot players that don't use GR with it.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 13 January 2015 - 06:34 PM.

#59 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

It's not newbies that are the problem, its months down the line when the supply is dried up and they're expected to fork out billions for a gear that is getting rarer and rarer.

see: EMHs a couple months ago, sunglasses on old premiums.

you know... when they stop being "newbies!"

Edited by Xellie, 13 January 2015 - 06:40 PM.

#60 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

Why is it when a strong headgear is in the Kafra shop you beg to get it cycled through, but when a powerful headgear is obtained in game it needs to be limited?

#61 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

Why is it when a strong headgear is in the Kafra shop you beg to get it cycled through, but when a powerful headgear is obtained in game it needs to be limited?

BiS gear should always be obtainable through gameplay.

#62 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

Still waiting for a cash shop or new quest item that benefits Mastersmiths or Stalkers. Everything always seems to be for Champs ._.

#63 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:49 PM

Stalkers are pretty OP as is, when played properly. No hope for mastersmith though. 

#64 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

Still waiting for a cash shop or new quest item that benefits Mastersmiths or Stalkers. Everything always seems to be for Champs ._.

Wizards.

#65 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

It's possible to design a piece of gear that buffs HSCR by modifying cart weight for the purpose of that skill. There's also a really nice weapon on pservers specifically for MS' that nerfs the target's vit and makes them stunnable so long as they're not stunproof with % gear.

Gonna have to disagree on Stalkers being OP. DPS too low on DD builds since everyone uses AP, and Strip builds have a cheap, hard counter that makes them worthless.

#66 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

I agree with Mastersmiths needing something to increase damage, but even then they wont be able to 1 shot and no AoE... Champs/LK's will still be superior. Since meta no longer matters I am sure Mastersmiths could be used for something. AAR is a nice support buff tbh.

You can disagree with stalkers, that is fine. My personal experience with helping to build rosters based around Stalkers was very positive. Most guilds do not run with MBK, which is 100% necessary if you have any magic in your guild. That alone cripples guilds DPS output drastically. 

Stalker with JT is 4,896 (avg) per cast on a "normal" demihuman/wind resist character. That is 14,688 DPS vs a single target. 

Stalker with First Wind is 2,760 (avg) per cast on a "normal" demihuman/wind resist character. That is 8,280 DPS vs a single target or up to 331,200 DPS vs a guild of 40. 

Plat shield or Soul linkers being a problem are 100% ruled out. Sounds great on paper as a counter, as my experience with successfully winning because of stalkers... I can conclude through experience that SL and/or Plat shields have no impact in a guild vs guild fight vs stalkers (not precast related at all).

Final note to take away from this... Unless its a gfist or double meg SB.... Not much will die because of any "1" thing. There must be good leading, target calling, and focusing targets down 1 by 1 aka teamwork. a single biochemist bombing a pally with 130 vit  who is receiving SPP 3x per second will never kill it. Same thing goes for a stalker JT'ing a dispelled biochemist. It is just additional and "different" forms of DPS used together to take targets down. Best use of first wind stalker (which is huge), is to help remove all SL katies and kaupes but also cut into the SPP buffer. For example if SPP heals 10k hp per second and first wind deals 9k damage to the entire guild per second... Your basically countering there SPP, which is huge.

Ways to kill besides gfist/meg'd sb is to... A. provide as many different types of elemental damage (bombs nuetral ranged, SG water magic, BB melee fire, ect ect) and B. teamwork and focusing down proper targets in a timely manor.

Summary of post, Stalkers can be OP and every class has a very important role to play :)

#67 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:55 PM

vintage helm is also a good way for new players to make money and considering lots of easy money makers got killed by the staff i think it should stay

#68 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:57 AM

Please don't ever buff god items. I came here to play the official game.

Why would you disagree? The original stats of sleip were much better than they are now. All it practically is now, is a Moonlight Flower card in shiny boots.

#69 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

Classic's Groove Pack

When opened the Groove Pack will always give 1x X3 Battle Manual
When opened the Groove Pack will give one of the following at random:

• Pirate Dagger
  • Pencil in Mouth
  • Musketeer Hat[1]
  • Skull Cap
  • 25xParty Agi Up Scroll
  • 25xParty Assumptio Scroll
  • 25xParty Blessing Scroll
  • 10x Fencer Mercenary Scroll level 10

#70 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

Why would you disagree? The original stats of sleip were much better than they are now. All it practically is now, is a Moonlight Flower card in shiny boots.

Yeah just a Moonlight Flower Card...in a pair of slotted Variant Shoes, with 5 Def and 10 Mdef and 15% SP recovery. Man these Sleipnirs really suck. *facepalm*

While I agree that Sleipnir isn't as strong as a Meg or a Hammer I really don't understand the complains about it. It's still pretty good.

Edit: What does that Musketeer Hat do btw?

Edited by lyndel84, 14 January 2015 - 09:49 AM.

#71 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

2str chance of adrenline rush

#72 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

Fixed

2str chance of adrenline rush swashbuckler syndrome

#73 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

Slep is fine as is, only thing that needs to be changed is the weight of the item. No pair of shoes should weight that much.

#74 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:52 AM

Yeah just a Moonlight Flower Card...in a pair of slotted Variant Shoes, with 5 Def and 10 Mdef and 15% SP recovery. Man these Sleipnirs really suck. *facepalm*

While I agree that Sleipnir isn't as strong as a Meg or a Hammer I really don't understand the complains about it. It's still pretty good.

The fact that most classes can't even consider using it due to weight is probably a big downside. Just equipping the damn thing puts you over weight and negates the sp recovery aspect of it.

Agi up = peco wings

hp = variants

derp

#75 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:05 PM

reduce the cool down of endless tower plz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users