+8 Mummy and +8 Requiem Cards? - Page 5 - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

+8 Mummy and +8 Requiem Cards?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
285 replies to this topic

#101 Montecrist0

Montecrist0

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

A. What Rollback? I've just finished making my Warrior ML27 today! Rollback will affect many things, from newbies leveling their new characters, to veterans who have just purchased or traded brand new costume(s). Rollback is server wide, and there will be collateral damage. **AND I DON'T WANT TO GRIND NONSENSICALLY ALL OVER AGAIN JUST TO GET BACK TO ML27 !**

B. Mass ban those with suspicious cards? These bugs have been around for weeks now, and majority of players have those suspicious cards already. Your mass ban will obliterate half or more than half of the current population of this already dying game. More players have already quit due to insane boring grinding and stale game contents. No more KP buyers; there goes your primary source of income, good luck trying to keep this boat afloat.

C. Wipe out suspicious cards? I admire the immeasurable dedication of your support team for investigating logs from trade, vend, and AH. Here is a ton of log data for you to review. Audit them CAREFULLY, 'coz there will surely be enormous tickets flooding after.

To Gravity: This is a game glitch. Your devs overlooked this one. Accept it. I understand that there are strict rules against bug abusers, but nuking the populace will only hurt you more than it will hurt the players. So pick up the pieces and make it up to us by positive reinforcements. Wipe out those suspicious cards if u must, but don't make drastic measures like rollback or mass ban 'coz innocent bystanders will be caught in the crossfire (or friendly fire? lol). Investigate those suspected players/cards "carefully" 'coz definitely some players have purchased them out of sheer temptation (+9 Mummy for 5,000z?) or sheer ignorance.

For those who have innocently traded or purchased them, tough luck, the devs may wipe out those cards. But compensate us by making the RNG of refinements higher, to cover for our loss due to stupidity and ignorance. Why "ignorance"? Because I know of other newbie players who have just started playing, PURCHASED the level jump and class jump scrolls, and made ML1 in literally 10 minutes. Then bought these +9 cards, BECAUSE THEY WERE UNINFORMED BECAUSE WP HAS JUST NOTICED THIS WEEKS OLD PROBLEM JUST RECENTLY AND NEVER BOTHERED ANNOUNCING IN-GAME TO STAY AWAY FROM THESE CARDS.

Don't pin this game glitch to the players, it's not our fault your game is broken.

*Peace*

Bro u got my respect!!

especially ur 2 last sentence. i repeat...

*Don't pin this game glitch to the players, it's not our fault your game is broken.*

Thanks for give me dupe your words.

i lob u

#102 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

Here is my proposal...I know you have played the game in the past, but I suggest that Njor and Maridah play it as it stands now.   Make a ranger and a wizard (the two most broken classes in the game) take those characters from 1 to ML30 the traditional way a new player would.  No using GM powers to get them up to the top level.  Grind until you are blind and want to throw up....PvP against people who have hacked and exploited crap with an unfair advantage.  Come to the realization that your classes are nearly extinct due to being too broken to play.  Try to get a straight answer from the community on what stats and what build to make...you can't because no one really seems to know...did I mention those classes are broken?  Spend mindless hours grinding for the privilege to do impossibly hard dungeons for months on end that have such a low drop rate for your gear you have a better chance of flying to the moon in your shoe than actually getting it...and when you hit that wall of extreme frustration and tolerance and think you can't bear another moment...we as a community will be standing behind you to support you with those words of comfort we all live to hear...."everything is working as intended."  Maybe then...and only then will you get it and get stuff fixed that needs fixing.  Maybe then you will feel a greater need to take care of people who gain things through nefarious means.  Maybe...just maybe if you did this...you would get it.

#103 2637130506141323967

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

I personally think:

- Reduction of these Cards (+5 to +9) on the Lv1 or Lv2.

- Purchase cost should not be reimbursed.

- The Card Providers should be banned in the longer term (minimum 4 months).

- The assets of these Cards Providers should be confiscated.

==> A rollback is thus no necessary.

I think that would be fair (i could live with it). As written, this is only my personal opinion.

#104 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

Bro u got my respect!!

especially ur 2 last sentence. i repeat...

*Don't pin this game glitch to the players, it's not our fault your game is broken.*

Thanks for give me dupe your words.

i lob u

No the game being broken isn't the players fault....the lack of self control and moral fortitude to not exploit a glitch when you find it because the game is broken IS the players fault.

#105 Innocenzio

Innocenzio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

No the game being broken isn't the players fault....the lack of self control and moral fortitude to not exploit a glitch when you find it because the game is broken IS the players fault.

Agreed.

ignorantia legis neminem excusat

#106 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:47 PM

Well all the help the players have been giving and the faith that most people have put in them just went downhill.
The facts are hope does not exist here. It was a myth that most of the old players kept them to stay. But as it stands now, they are burying their own grave. Bugs was a major problem here ever since, but we all knew that as there is no game without bugs. Then came the lost of balance between classes which was also there in the beginning but was made worse as time went on. Promises were made, help was given, voices were heard. Did we see anything from all that?
Then exploits became more and more rampant, solutions were clear but was never done for some reason.

#107 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

Don't play the victim if you bought one of these cards, they shouldn't be there in the first place. Hope the staff has the sanity of deleting the cards.

#108 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

Play smarter, never trust deals that seem too good to be true, and of course, ASK OTHERS before doing trades you don't know about.

Fool me one, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. If anyone buys a card as of this date, there is absolutely no excuse for reimbusement...

It is clear enough in game; without visiting the forums, in probably every language, in every channel, to even a new player: that this is a clear exploit.

My experience of this topic has gone viral, no matter where in game I am or who I talk to (except the start map where no one hardly talks to eachother).

Edited by Maxscha, 15 January 2015 - 01:14 PM.

#109 NekoMaiden

NekoMaiden

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:42 PM

to be honest, I bought some of these cards, but I didnt know they was was from hack or something like that.. I mean, i dont play lots and I didnt know the success rate for refine o: Is very low.. almost nothing !!  
I never have refined a card before lol ...
I know that , same as me other players bought them from auction house (heard of some guild mates/random chat that they do it too.. 

but, I'm agree with others players, do a roll back is not the solution because it will affect to the others players who didn't do nothing wrong, its not their responsability deal with hackers problems.
its a problem too for the people who bought cards from the auction, even if we didnt know the origin legit or not from cards; I noticed that something was wrong after I read in trade or check auction house that LOTS of players were selling cards, then I asked to others and they told me... that "hackers" did it xD! 
Its just my opinion about it :-)))

#110 RenatoKolokoy

RenatoKolokoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

Do I need to wear my life jacket now? Lol

#111 Rafnex

Rafnex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:23 AM

today i accidentally discovered how the Refine Bug Works (this should be fixed ASAP... damn....)

btw guys it only works on normal cards.... it wont work on rare+ and epic + (so those +2 and +3 rare+ and epic+ are legit)

Edited by Rafnex, 16 January 2015 - 12:26 AM.

#112 AlphaNumb

AlphaNumb

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:31 AM

Confirmed doer and tester. Prepare to get banned after the support see your activity logs XD

#113 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:49 AM

oh god so this is an occuring bug 

god save freya 

#114 Rafnex

Rafnex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:53 AM

oh god so this is an occuring bug 

god save freya 

yep already saw someone selling +6 mummy card on freya this morning

RO2 soooo broken atm... 

#115 Lyssina

Lyssina

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

yep already saw someone selling +6 mummy card on freya this morning

It was funny, someone said on pubchat that all the card enhanced stones from AH were gone. Someone discovered it. GGGGG

#116 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:57 AM

This is first game breaking bug i had experience with Ro2 

im disappointed on how they handled things 

Such thing should have been dealt with before it became viral 

#117 3402130616012251423

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:06 AM

First game breaking bug ? LoL you must haven't experience every time u log in u are floating in the air; all mobs and bosses in the dungeon are  above ur head;

after korean sever down those korean came to Odin sell pvp gears; honing bug people with 1000k+ hp ............. This game lost most of players because of those bugs. I still remember in 2013 ch1 ch2 was full of people. This is a korean game but the korean sever have already down. What can u expect?  What Gravity can do is just try to fix bugs Korean left.

#118 Cartian

Cartian

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:26 AM

You forgot embus.

#119 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:46 AM

First game breaking bug ? LoL you must haven't experience every time u log in u are floating in the air; all mobs and bosses in the dungeon are  above ur head;

after korean sever down those korean came to Odin sell pvp gears; honing bug people with 1000k+ hp ............. This game lost most of players because of those bugs. I still remember in 2013 ch1 ch2 was full of people. This is a korean game but the korean sever have already down. What can u expect?  What Gravity can do is just try to fix bugs Korean left.

oh i havent been on Ro2  for so long only been playing since aug, this is the only one so far that is game breaking(except for the merge)i know there is a bug here and there almost every patch 

most bugs i have experienced once fixed the game will be fine, cant say the same for this bug

#120 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:58 AM

Who remember pets in colo? Seedrunes working in colo? Mobs in fortress of sandarman giving a lot of ml points? no cap for ml points? Low agi classess missing everything? Ml gears whit crazy defence but really low stats so no one used them? knight ml shield useless and every knight use raid shields? Honing rollback? Poison arrow dot over 10k? All after AoV and most of the fixes break something else no one use raid gears and knight trow away their dot and many others

Edited by Shinyusuke, 16 January 2015 - 08:02 AM.

#121 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:01 AM

today i accidentally discovered how the Refine Bug Works (this should be fixed ASAP... damn....)

btw guys it only works on normal cards.... it wont work on rare+ and epic + (so those +2 and +3 rare+ and epic+ are legit)

Look at AH and trade chat...  +9 normals are the most common, but people sell +9 rares all day lol.  I'm sure I've seen Osiris cards >+5 in trade chat too.

This bug is not game breaking at all compared to what we've seen in the past haha.  You have noooooooo idea :P

Edited by donchan, 16 January 2015 - 08:02 AM.

#122 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:04 AM

I personally think:

- Reduction of these Cards (+5 to +9) on the Lv1 or Lv2.

- Purchase cost should not be reimbursed.

- The Card Providers should be banned in the longer term (minimum 4 months).

- The assets of these Cards Providers should be confiscated.

==> A rollback is thus no necessary.

I think that would be fair (i could live with it). As written, this is only my personal opinion.

See, this isn't working for several reasons:

Reducing the enhancement bonus of cards wouldn't solve the issue, because players who bought cards despite knowing that they aren't legit would still benefit over the players who withstood the urge. If someone sells illegal items, he might have created a new account and disguised the zenny transfer. So the wrong accounts would be banned and the abusers would have still earned a lot of money. 

I also doubt that WarpPortal is able to trace all the transactions and it would be a really time-consuming task.

A rollback would have been the only adequate response... and it isn't a big deal. In other games, you would load an older savepoint, if your game crashed or the latest save is currupted. Sometimes, players load previous savepoints willingly, especially if the game included a decision making. Sure, a few players might get hurt more than others, but it's still easier to find out these players and compensate them for the loss than to fix the card abusal.

But, the response time was too slow and the bug exists for quite a long time now, so a rollback isn't an option either... and that's the dilemma.

Edited by Greven79, 19 January 2015 - 06:20 AM.

#123 AlphaNumb

AlphaNumb

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:42 AM

A. What Rollback? I've just finished making my Warrior ML27 today! Rollback will affect many things, from newbies leveling their new characters, to veterans who have just purchased or traded brand new costume(s). Rollback is server wide, and there will be collateral damage. **AND I DON'T WANT TO GRIND NONSENSICALLY ALL OVER AGAIN JUST TO GET BACK TO ML27 !**

B. Mass ban those with suspicious cards? These bugs have been around for weeks now, and majority of players have those suspicious cards already. Your mass ban will obliterate half or more than half of the current population of this already dying game. More players have already quit due to insane boring grinding and stale game contents. No more KP buyers; there goes your primary source of income, good luck trying to keep this boat afloat.

C. Wipe out suspicious cards? I admire the immeasurable dedication of your support team for investigating logs from trade, vend, and AH. Here is a ton of log data for you to review. Audit them CAREFULLY, 'coz there will surely be enormous tickets flooding after.

To Gravity: This is a game glitch. Your devs overlooked this one. Accept it. I understand that there are strict rules against bug abusers, but nuking the populace will only hurt you more than it will hurt the players. So pick up the pieces and make it up to us by positive reinforcements. Wipe out those suspicious cards if u must, but don't make drastic measures like rollback or mass ban 'coz innocent bystanders will be caught in the crossfire (or friendly fire? lol). Investigate those suspected players/cards "carefully" 'coz definitely some players have purchased them out of sheer temptation (+9 Mummy for 5,000z?) or sheer ignorance.

For those who have innocently traded or purchased them, tough luck, the devs may wipe out those cards. But compensate us for the developers' oversight and flawed programming by making the RNG of refinements higher, to cover for our loss due to stupidity and ignorance. Why "ignorance"? Because I know of other newbie players who have just started playing, PURCHASED the level jump and class jump scrolls, and made ML1 in literally 10 minutes. Then bought these +9 cards, BECAUSE THEY WERE UNINFORMED BECAUSE WP HAS JUST NOTICED THIS WEEKS OLD PROBLEM JUST RECENTLY AND NEVER BOTHERED ANNOUNCING IN-GAME TO STAY AWAY FROM THESE CARDS.

Don't pin this game glitch to the players, it's not our fault your game is broken.

*Peace*

#124 Matsuyuki

Matsuyuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

PLS LET ME KEEP MY BUGGED CARDS IT'S NOT MY FAULT I COULDN'T HELP BUT BUY THEM! YOU SHOULD HAVE WARNED ME

NO.

#125 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

There is nothing what so ever they can do to make this right at this point.  Honest users got screwed (again) and will continue to.  This incident has really put things into perspective.  Heck they don't even bother to stop this guy from trolling this thread.  *Shakes her head*  I don't even want to bother logging in to the game.  Cheaters always win in this twisted universe that is RO2.  And the worst part is they just flat out don't care.

Edited by Blondheart, 16 January 2015 - 11:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users