Introducing KVM Armors to the Classic Server - Page 2 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Introducing KVM Armors to the Classic Server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#26 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:18 AM

As long as that's assured I see no problem with the introduction of KVM gears. People seem to dislike the weapons despite the ridiculous effort it takes just to make a KVM weapon notably stronger than a Valorous/Brave weapon but I still don't understand the hate for Glorious Rings especially when they are a decent counter to those Hibram users that seem to be a big deal lately.

If you would like the meta to be purely infinite item champs, infinite item biochems and wizards for hitlock, sure.

I think they should make asprika work vs magic and then have the rings add neutral resist instead of elemental.... But I come from a server that wasn't full of bots, exploited kvm and rmted/duped hibrams.

That would maintain some status quo with other classes

note: asprikas are more prolific here than they should be because welfare economy.

Edited by Xellie, 28 January 2015 - 05:19 AM.

#27 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:33 AM

I think older content should be in then, after that people try to balance stuff. The KVM gears would help people to actually do stuff in the game. And add many possibilies, if they are properly implemented. I think Woe badge should be needed to get KVM gear but it shouldn't only be those badge. All badge should be needed. And you should probably make some use of the real KVM arena at the same time.

Woe Badges

KVMs Badges - Real PVP

Endless tower Badges  (Exchanging Ashes of darkness)

Events Badges

Quests Badges

And some random stuff that can give random badge would be cool also. Every Badge should be tradable just put the event badge rewards only on current spotlight quests turn in, or other Event you might do monthly.

And all KVM stuff should need all type of badge and not only one type. So people will actually play the game to get their gear. So it could get the server a bit more active for a while and thats probably what everyone want. 

new players could just sell those badge to get zeny from quests and turn in which is cool.

On a side people argument that people are going to be too strong and the other side people say its going a tarot card of fate woe. meaning they are going to be too much unkillable people. Thus it doesn't make sense.

And there must be good gears so that people want them or nothing will work there. If you think those are too strong. Then why jro has been so sucessful with them. Gravity content has already been thinked before. The Bug exploit not really.

Plus I dont think people who has already High end gear like ghostring armors are going to use KVM armors, the people who benefit really from most of those stuff are mid geared people and newcomers. As for Weapons only the last real upgrades are a bit powerful and the chance of doing them is almost the same as getting an MVP card. I even believe getting an MVP card might be easier. None the less getting those +9 weapons would bring more possibilities to the game and more fun even if people are complaining a lot about their effects in WOE. And Seriously I want the fun to be in game.

Edited by VModCoffee, 25 March 2015 - 06:51 PM.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:57 AM

If you think those are too strong. Then why jro has been so sucessful with them. Gravity content has already been thinked before. The Bug exploit not really.

iirc hibram is only 20% on jRO ;) Lets follow their example.

KVM sets won't save people from the current OP thing, that is : gfist.

Do the math with the new gear like VOH, you'll see that they will still die to it. KVM armor is a good mid level thing to have in this regard.

Edited by VModCoffee, 25 March 2015 - 06:51 PM.

#29 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:26 AM

Just put them in BG like they are supposed to be.

#30 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:52 AM

Just put them in BG like they are supposed to be.

this + make them rather easy to get gear or just dont put them in at all

#31 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:03 AM

Doing it the proposed way puts the burden of distribution on guild leaders & free market. Which is not fair to the players who help guilds earn them. Guild leaders will distribute to themselves + their core, then probably just start vending tokens. If the Tokens are as common as Chainmails / Mufflers / Shoes I estimate that they would probably retail for 50-200k each (more expensive at first). There is no guarantee that a player participating in WoE will receive KVM prizes at all.

Everything is exploited by hardcores anyways. If you put them in ET + MvPs they will still go into the hands of people who can run the tower many times, even then the previous point still applies, fair distribution. A player should be responsible for their own fate in the game. Especially when it comes to account bound prizes. If you make a KVM set the proposed way, the achievement of your armor rests on the shoulders of others, not yourself. If the gear is account bound, everything should be account bound. Badges that can be traded will only lead to more farming and exploitation.

Things should be better in groups, but possible alone. That should be the rule for any implementation. 

#32 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:29 PM

Add all of the gear.. High + kvm weapons one of the few goals left on classic

#33 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:32 AM

Doing it the proposed way puts the burden of distribution on guild leaders & free market. Which is not fair to the players who help guilds earn them. Guild leaders will distribute to themselves + their core, then probably just start vending tokens.

Then you need a better guildleader

#dkpsystem

(but I'm giving all of my 6month+ members free asprika sets and creations, so maybe I'm the wrong person to comment)

Regardless: That is extra stress guildleaders could do without!

If you make a KVM set the proposed way, the achievement of your armor rests on the shoulders of others, not yourself. If the gear is account bound, everything should be account bound. Badges that can be traded will only lead to more farming and exploitation.

+1

Edited by Xellie, 01 February 2015 - 03:43 AM.

#34 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:58 AM

Since the Launch of the Classic Server there has been a call for us to release KVM and its related gear to the classic server.

Unfortunately due to ill-mannered activity witnessed on the renewal servers we have been very hesitant to release these gears via the traditional battlegrounds method.

What happened back then?

Edited by Xplay4eva, 03 February 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:47 PM

As we were told KVM gear would never be available on classic, may I ask what prompted the change of mind?

#36 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

I don't remember that

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:12 AM

They said something like that we would get kvm bgs with tierra/flav rewards

#38 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:31 PM

Bumping this has this been shelved already or is there another proposals to make this work to make ppl play all aspects of the game

#39 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:18 PM

I'm kind of torn here on the "only pvp for pvp gear" and "play the game for end game gear" argument.

The system we're loosely copying is from jRO and Hans posted a link to Doddlers writeup for it, if you havent read it you should! It covers why jRO went that way and the changes they made. The changes were actually pretty significant and the gear itself unupgraded is pretty different from what everyone is used to on iRO. I'm not saying we should copy this 100% but if people are hesitant about adding the gear due to its strength this could be a good compromise. A set of +7 armor and a +7 weapon definitely feel like something that could take a considerable amount of time to obtain, depending on the cost and availability of the tokens. If you look closely at what you need for their system, the armor pieces require 100 ashes of darkness, weapons are 50 and the rings are 800, it would take an entire group of players four months to get enough ashes to buy one ring for a single player for example and that's one of 5 different coin types.

I'd probably prefer to see them require tokens from multiple sources, as long as they were all tradable. Some options could be guild treasure, guild dungeon monster turnins, battlegrounds, ET/ashes, MVP rewards, turnins (like dragons or ice titans) or challenge dungeons. As long as you can trade them all I dont see why it should be a problem, if you dont want to participate in any of these things you can trade/buy things you're missing.

I'm not entirely convinced that you need to go quite to the length that jRO did with the modifying of the items, as I feel KVM is a good goal for players to work towards over a long period of time instead of getting lucky and finding a card or item. Requiring you to upgrade items just adds another luck element to it which could be really awful for people who dont work so fast.

The main thing I think to take away from this is that even though this is an alternate method for acquiring the KVM gear it is definitely not supposed to be faster than original implementation and I'm really interested to see the sorts of timeframes the GMs have in mind for collecting these items.

#40 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:35 AM

KVM gears are too imba for classic. (IMO)

Edited by Kebtung, 16 February 2015 - 02:36 AM.

#41 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:44 AM

Can we get an update on the status of this proposal please?

#42 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:41 AM

We need KVM. Just to make people do stuff in game. 

#43 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

Yeah, anything from GMs? Its passed mid-february!

#44 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

Status update?????

#45 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:11 AM

This might be a decent project to get back into instead of the junk on your main page

15209d1247204376-indian-army-vs-american

Edited by zerowon, 27 June 2015 - 10:12 AM.

#46 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

i dont know how this gear would influence the end game meta. but i would welcome anything that would allow me a "way in" to woe. making something else woe dependent isn't helpful to the hopeful. but having turn in quests at high lvl is a great idea for some "hold me over to end end gear" gears.

#47 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:39 PM

Armours yes weapons no accessories... possibly? I think they'd be more relevant now.

#48 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

The weapons take a long time to make and you have to be lucky. The katar makes sin x who don't own a Sam spec or Thanatos katar + double belts closer to a sin x that owns just one of these katars as the 2nd Sam spec owner on classic I fully support this helps players who aren't blessed by rng jesus a chance to compete vs belted and mvp carded guilds

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:47 AM

The weapons take a long time to make and you have to be lucky. The katar makes sin x who don't own a Sam spec or Thanatos katar + double belts closer to a sin x that owns just one of these katars as the 2nd Sam spec owner on classic I fully support this helps players who aren't blessed by rng jesus a chance to compete vs belted and mvp carded guilds

Would you like my number?

The weapons extend well beyond sinx.... even though you're totally appealing to my weak point, the champ weapon is bad bad bad bad.

I have no objections to the armors

The accessories can diaf tho

Edited by Xellie, 03 July 2015 - 03:48 AM.

#50 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:01 AM

+9 holy avenger on a gd pally. I would enjoy! Some of the weps are crazy though. Others are whatever.

Make sn KVM or BG gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users