#rip pRO [iRO Migration] -thoughts and welcomes- - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

#rip pRO [iRO Migration] -thoughts and welcomes-

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
305 replies to this topic

#26 Eeeeeelectric

Eeeeeelectric

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:29 AM

//seeing how spoiled and pay to win pRO is, we will have to educate them into our culture and way of playing. oh, dont forget those bots, dupes and RMT used to live peacefully there.//

It seems that you are generalizing pRO players. We also played the hardcore way. We can adapt to any environment. Even though we are playing really hard, we can't deny the fact that the LU itself made us cash cows lol. Anyways, thank you all.

#27 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:34 AM

From my experience Philipinos tend to be so much nicer than my american acquaintances (and cuter).  I'm looking forward to having them jump on board the iRO train. :p_hi:

#28 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:35 AM

Maligayang pagdating sa iRO, pRO players. :) More population always a good thing.

I wouldn't be worried too much about item transfers, they've never allowed this in the past, correct? So why would that change now? If anything bad happens from this, it will be on management, not players.

Edit: gah, iPhone auto correct problems. :/

Edited by Cinquine, 13 February 2015 - 03:35 AM.

#29 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:37 AM

interesting.  from the post on the pRO website it looks like players will be allowed to transfer over with gears/zeny and such intact.  has that ever happened before in previous mergers?

even if they are moved to a separate server, who's to say that transfers between renewal and the new pRO server won't be allowed down the road?

waiting for official CM response with bated breath.

#30 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:38 AM

It seems that you are generalizing pRO players. We also played the hardcore way. We can adapt to any environment. Even though we are playing really hard, we can't deny the fact that the LU itself made us cash cows lol. Anyways, thank you all.

So let's say pRO merges to iRO Chaos (we don't know yet, the same happened with mRO). Are you okay with just character transfers and no items allowed?

#31 Javaman144

Javaman144

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:39 AM

I'm curios on what's going to happen.

Will it be an entirely different server ?

#32 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:41 AM

It takes a day to make a character anyway, I'd take the influx of people to play with over that anyday.

Items are a big no no, though. But we have no idea what's going to happen, so for now that's just speculation. If anything they will probably get an incentive package.

#33 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:42 AM

the incentive package for the last mass transfer was the implementation of janeway (v1.0; the one that got you to 70/50 pretrans, and later 70/50 trans instantly after you went from 70-99 pretrans on your own).  i'm not sure if they got anything beyond that.

:3

#34 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:48 AM

I feel bad for them. They have stuff they spent money on and now it might be gone. It makes me think if I should keep spending money on this.

#35 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:52 AM

I'm confident that Warpportal will handle this the right way.  

1. Have a separate Kafra shop for the isolated pRO server
  2. No transfers.
  3. Appropriating the cultural differences in playstyle.  Why would players move to a bare-bones server aka downgrading?  

#36 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:54 AM

Maligayang pagdating sa iRO, pRO players. :) More population always a good thing.

Oh BB, now you're speaking my language.

Bring on the Asian women!

#37 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:56 AM

I agree that items should be allowed to be at all! The reason for that is that it may damage more of our economy here further;  and also it will increase the chances of risk of having RMT, duped items or whatever you call the illegal birthing of items in the game. (Someone correct me if I am wrong about that.)

Furthermore, if pRO's player data merges to iRO's, the CMs/GMs should perform not only an item wipe to the transferred  accounts but also zenny wipes as well! That way, RMT'd zenny would not mix in with our zenny here.

In my opinion that might be the best way of having some sort of a defensive barrier. I guess.

#38 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:59 AM

that and the pro server will end up merging into chaos

pro openly allows botting hacks are left unpatched every god item has been duped 300 times corrupt gms have given out stacks of mvp cards and were sold in there kafra shop altered character stats

if this is a thing there should be harsh rules NO god items/mvps transferred and all characters will be recreated to stock stats and reset.

harsh yes, but necessary.

No wonder they had to close lol.

#39 Hopscotches

Hopscotches

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationRainbowfields

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:01 AM

Boss cards, MVP cards, mini boss cards, upgraded cards, consumables (food, scrolls, etc.) among others are excluded in the migration process. The management has yet to post the list of items that will be excluded (if it weren't for the very clear picture of the said list, everything could've been very easy). If it makes things look a little fair for everyone, think of the number of overupgraded items that players have that will lose their power because the cards that used to be there are gone. Now most players are trading off their items they know will be gone. There are alternatives, however. It's kind of sad how majority of our players have been accustomed to boss cards and gods over the years.

P.S. I suppose pRO is a special case and even if there's this migration offer, not everyone will avail of it.

#40 VModCoffee

VModCoffee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:02 AM

Everyone seems to be behaving thus far, but I'd like to insert a reminder for everyone to please be polite to our potential newcomers until we receive an official response how how it will be handled.

This is a pretty huge announcement and I expect tensions will run high. Relax! Have a coffee! ;)

#41 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:03 AM

I feel bad for them. They have stuff they spent money on and now it might be gone. It makes me think if I should keep spending money on this.

We might end up just like them if you stop spending money on this.

On point, I think this is good news for WarpPortal because their Renewal and Classic population has been steadily declining since the start of the new year. I wonder if this has anything to do with #PlayLessRO #QuitRO new year resolutions. Regardless, everything is up in the air right now. I'm still not sure if this will benefit or hurt renewal players since we still haven't receive the WarpPortal's side of the story yet. We don't know if pRO players can use the VAS transfer service to transfer their character with gods and MVPs over to Chaos Renewal once they merged to this so called "new iRO server".

Edited by ilovemilk, 13 February 2015 - 08:31 AM.

#42 inspectortrix

inspectortrix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:04 AM

im from pRO server and it saddens me seeing this server close,  actually I think its the pRO management's fault for setting it up as pay2win

in my opinion pRO was really broken , MVP and Godly items, pours down over that server aside from having trillion amount of zennies

if I were to choose only characters should be migrated... its a fresh start might be better it merges on chaos server not actually having a different server on its own.

currently max level on pRO is 150/50 only 

Edited by inspectortrix, 13 February 2015 - 04:05 AM.

#43 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:06 AM

Oh BB, now you're speaking my language.

Boyfriend is teaching me. :3

#44 kornP

kornP

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:13 AM

from my experiance IRO is the very good place to play RO because CM and GM keep it with their hardworking, So from now I'll say that I'll Believe that they will do a thing or everything to make the transfer(if it heppen) not to effect a good community here. (In my country it have pay to win RO too(the same operater of pRO) and that very very very very a bad place now may be the worst than pRO)

#45 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:14 AM

would it matter either way o.o

Oops. confused you for someone else.  >.<

Guess my excitement for potential new peeps is clouding my head.

#46 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:19 AM

Well okay, I did spend a considerable amount of real money in pRO anyway, so I do understand how simply wiping all those gears and items would feel like a scam. It's like an investment that has just been dumped.

Like I said, creating a new server may be better because it could be a lucrative source of income (given the current mindset of most pRO players where the cash shop is a necessity). I would suggest that they have their own version of the cash shop that has cheaper prices (similar to how it is in pRO) so that they will continue to purchase items (income in our country is much, much lower so having the usual iRO prices would be shocking).

However, this new server MUST HAVE 0% possibility of being merged into existing iRO servers in the future.

Just to give everyone some context, pRO has Daily Quests that give people ridiculous amounts of EXP. From what I remember, you may be able to reach 150 very quickly. Botting was also ignored by the management so power-botters have tons of maxed level characters that they just sell for real money (yes, it has become a business for some people). As such, merging this server with iRO's existing servers, even with item and zeny wipes, should be a BIG NO-NO.

That's my piece. I'm not being unwelcoming, but rather I'm just concerned about iRO. Besides, I came from pRO; and I'd actually be okay with it if I'm still playing on that server and someone were to say these things to me as well.

I do like the idea though that Warpportal will be taking over pRO now. Even if that server went into ruins, it was my childhood. Hopefully, WP can make efforts to instill some discipline in most of the pRO players. :)

Edited by Exuro, 13 February 2015 - 04:24 AM.

#47 Lyrage

Lyrage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWherever there's less bots.

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

WTF. My guild left pRO because it was -_-ty as -_- and now here they come. :p_swt:

Hope no character transfer happens like what they did w/ mRO.

#48 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:23 AM

Oops. confused you for someone else.  >.<

Guess my excitement for potential new peeps is clouding my head.

Forgiven~

#49 inspectortrix

inspectortrix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:25 AM

actually its the bossnia dungeon that did make level 150/50 in just 4 hours

aside from having lots of bots in the server

#50 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:26 AM

Everyone seems to be behaving thus far, but I'd like to insert a reminder for everyone to please be polite to our potential newcomers until we receive an official response how how it will be handled.

This is a pretty huge announcement and I expect tensions will run high. Relax! Have a coffee! ;)

Coffee is a stimulant tho :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users