Server Merge - It's happening! [Comment Thread] - Page 4 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Server Merge - It's happening! [Comment Thread]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1528 replies to this topic

#76 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:53 AM

hi guys I suggest we should have Clan War just like battling over planets, which clan going to take over of 4 planets. Once one clan took over let say Junon their guild must shown in Junon's map . Please warpportal team make this happen so people who's active will know what clan is the best

Big NO awaits

#77 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:07 AM

Not everyone plays this game for PVM Bendersmom. Clan wars have been for a lot of players the best experience in rose. A stuffed CF full of drama and wars is for me the thing i look forward to. 

SO actually they serve both sides: more activity for the players who are here for fun regarding to talking with online players and fun for people who seek war and focus on pvp. Only the strongest will survive in CF --> This is how Clan fields is meant to be and which rose missed for so many years. 

Amen. 

#78 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:19 AM

Not everyone plays this game for PVM Bendersmom. Clan wars have been for a lot of players the best experience in rose. A stuffed CF full of drama and wars is for me the thing i look forward to. 

SO actually they serve both sides: more activity for the players who are here for fun regarding to talking with online players and fun for people who seek war and focus on pvp. Only the strongest will survive in CF --> This is how Clan fields is meant to be and which rose missed for so many years. 

And that is exactly my point.  Not all clans want to PVP, get all the war drama, or are big enough to take care of themselves in CF against the warring clans.  And that leads to drama.  There is no drama about a clan 7 clan that was clan 7 being clan 7 again.  That is like saying there is drama about remaining max level.  If a clan is already level 7 in either server, what is the difference to anyone if that clan remains level 7?  There is no, well we are level 7 and your are not.  I don't see the elitist part of that.  It states that we leveled our clan to level 7 and now we are free to help friends level their clans to 7 if they are remaking a clan.  Or it gives those a chance that want to revive a dead clan to revive it and level it and not have a ton more people causing drama in CF.  I am trying to reduce the stress in CF.  Those that want to go in and war over CP can always do that, but what I see more often is a place for idiots to go in and PK those no fighting or lower level characters.  Imagine trying to farm clan points for a lower level group with all the max level in there farming CP or warring for fun or PKing.  If we had more CF then I would be ok with it, but with only 2 and a number of max level char. clans that are geared for and love PVP then those that do not will end up getting frustrated, pissed and have to wait to level up their clans.

I am not trying to argue, just trying to give my (and a number of other people's) opinion about the clans being dropped to no level.  I see the future of a lot of clan wars in TG or maybe another arena type clan war place with this merge.  I don't think the clan wars should be in CF when others that play the game just want to level their clan or work on farming.  And don't think that I am just making this stuff up, I have played long enough to know what will happen in CF as do most of you.  There is already too much PKing and bad manners in both CFs as it is with a lower population and most clans that want to be grade 7 are.  

Again, just my 2 cents,  Not trying to debate the issues, just stating what I think can potentially turn into a real problem and frustration for many players and I do not think it has to happen.  I think the registered clans can be returned to the masters at the level they already are if requested.  If others want their clan names but want to level up the clan, then great.  I think people should be able to choose.  I know I would rather spend the time doing the new dungeon, playing the Game Arena games since more should be going, and helping out new friends and new players.  A lot of us have been looking forward to the server merge and the influx of more players.  Why not have it a fun, good thing without the extra drama?

#79 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:37 AM

I would rather clans remain grade 7

#80 UziDude

UziDude

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Co. USA

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

I for one won't bother, if Gravity cares so little about the complaints of their customers, I don't see any reason to continue supporting them in any way.  If I lose the clan grade, of my only leveled up clan, I won't bother to even try to relevel it.  With the number of active players I have, it would take forever.  And as already stated by bendersmom, the clan fields would be total chaos and nobody in my clan is a PvPer so we'd have to wait until the clan fields died again before we could even try.  I think this will be the final straw with me, like so many other players before me, and I will just retire my clan and all of my chars.  Karl.

#81 samisbackkkkk

samisbackkkkk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:21 AM

And that is exactly my point.  Not all clans want to PVP, get all the war drama, or are big enough to take care of themselves in CF against the warring clans.  And that leads to drama.  There is no drama about a clan 7 clan that was clan 7 being clan 7 again.  That is like saying there is drama about remaining max level.  If a clan is already level 7 in either server, what is the difference to anyone if that clan remains level 7?  There is no, well we are level 7 and your are not.  I don't see the elitist part of that.  It states that we leveled our clan to level 7 and now we are free to help friends level their clans to 7 if they are remaking a clan.  Or it gives those a chance that want to revive a dead clan to revive it and level it and not have a ton more people causing drama in CF.  I am trying to reduce the stress in CF.  Those that want to go in and war over CP can always do that, but what I see more often is a place for idiots to go in and PK those no fighting or lower level characters.  Imagine trying to farm clan points for a lower level group with all the max level in there farming CP or warring for fun or PKing.  If we had more CF then I would be ok with it, but with only 2 and a number of max level char. clans that are geared for and love PVP then those that do not will end up getting frustrated, pissed and have to wait to level up their clans.

I am not trying to argue, just trying to give my (and a number of other people's) opinion about the clans being dropped to no level.  I see the future of a lot of clan wars in TG or maybe another arena type clan war place with this merge.  I don't think the clan wars should be in CF when others that play the game just want to level their clan or work on farming.  And don't think that I am just making this stuff up, I have played long enough to know what will happen in CF as do most of you.  There is already too much PKing and bad manners in both CFs as it is with a lower population and most clans that want to be grade 7 are.  

Again, just my 2 cents,  Not trying to debate the issues, just stating what I think can potentially turn into a real problem and frustration for many players and I do not think it has to happen.  I think the registered clans can be returned to the masters at the level they already are if requested.  If others want their clan names but want to level up the clan, then great.  I think people should be able to choose.  I know I would rather spend the time doing the new dungeon, playing the Game Arena games since more should be going, and helping out new friends and new players.  A lot of us have been looking forward to the server merge and the influx of more players.  Why not have it a fun, good thing without the extra drama?

I totally understand, and neither do i want to start a debate. However, I just wanted to add that in LCF there are 4 rooms, in which 1 room has 4 spots. Additionally, JCF has many spots as well. So i honestly think that there is enough space even for the PVM players/clans. Also.. alliances will be made and it is not true that only pvp clans hate pvm clans <-- Make eals etc etc. 

I think it should be something exciting to do again with your clan. 

And if not the best ; it might get you PVM players a chance to start playing PVP which would never happen the other way. 

Herru peter! Ravotten vrijdag ? xoxo

#82 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

Bendersmom:

Proposal for you, should I come up with some PvM Orientated quests, and have them actually be rewarding enough to do [and fun hopefully], would that solve this major issue for your clan situation. Just a thought, I'd like to hear from you on it. 

#83 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:26 AM

Sam is right!

These wars are going to be epic as -_-!

Herru peter! Ravotten vrijdag ? xoxo

Altijd vriend! xx

Edited by Peteer, 07 April 2015 - 02:34 AM.

#84 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:44 AM

The wars will be epic between war clans.  The other battles will be discouraging and disheartening for those with 3 people in their clan trying to make an effort in leveling it up.  Or those that are only in PVM gear trying to level up.  A lot of people, more than you all know, play the game and never pvp...by choice.  They do not like it and never will.  

And yes Feuer, having clan point quests or additional clan fields would help reduce the drama and crowds.  But those would not reduce the bad feelings so many are expressing about having to level up a clan again.  Some clans did that over years with only a few clannies in the clan.  When my clan first leveled up to grade 7 at least we had a number of people to help do it and we were second to Devils in the contest because we leveled 2 clans at the same time.  That was fun and a great memory.  But I have also helped people level up clans with only 3 people working on it, and that is definitely not a good memory.  Will my clan get to level 7 again, probably.  Will we be able to hold our own in CF, probably.  Do we want to do that all over again....NO.  Will small clans be able to do that without a lot of stress or bad feelings....NO.  Will non PVP clans be able to hold their own in CF while the PVP clans are leveling their clans....not easily.  Would I rather do fun things like play Akram Arena with people actually signed up.  Play Draconis Peaks the way it is supposed to be played.  Get new blood in CD with CDs going all of the time.  Have fun in the new dungeon.  Meet new or returning players from the other server.  Watch TG wars.  Those things I am looking forward to.

#85 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:54 AM

Trust me, I was looking forward to the possibility of keeping my Leonis clan as well, I spent over a year leveling it to 7 by myself [on my scout no less]. It does dishearten me to lose it, but I will manage, if there are routes that can be taken for both sides. 

I'll see about putting together something both fun and interesting centered around PvM for clans and post it to the proposal section when I feel it's well rounded enough. 

Edited by Feuer, 30 March 2015 - 08:55 AM.

#86 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

Is it just me or the option for guild reservation is not visible from the list?

Yes, it is active now, it was a misunderstanding at the time of the announcement and was mistakenly thought to be active, when it was only ready to be activated. You can write in now!

---

Adding this to the Q&A section of the thread

---

Q: If you reserve a clan name, do you need to level up it again or will it keep its level?

A: You will only retain the clan name, as all data is otherwise not being preserved. There will be a new clan system put in its place for everyone to explore.

Q: Will there be any compensation for the work we've put in to our clans already?
Q: Why is my clan being reset to level 1?

A: We understand and sympathize with the loss of work put in to your clans already, but because the clan system is being redesigned, we're letting everyone start from the same point, as well as we wouldn't really be able to translate the changes to how clans are invested in to. Clan levels will not exist in the same way they used to.

The new system's design will not be difficult to quickly get your clan back to its former glory, and then some, depending on what you prioritize as you expand on your clan.
Because we recognized current PvP factor to leveling a clan, we wanted to allow for the non-PvP minded Clans to also be able to progress as well. So as mentioned, you will be able to level your clan through normal game play, as well as the Clan Fields, and we will be "upgrading" the Clan Fields so they are more rewarding because of the risk factor involved.

Q: What about the overflow of people that will be in the Clan Fields, collecting clan points?
A: The Clan Fields are going to be somewhat obsolete, for Clan Point farming, as we intend to put a Clan Point gain on all monsters, similar to experience, but scaled for clan point consumption. So this way, anywhere you level, will be contributing to your clan's points.

We will of course work on ensuring that there are benefits beyond normal game play to going to the Clan Fields.

Q: So explain this new clan system to me?
A: We are preparing a full announcement to the Clan System Feature update, the server merge was more important and time sensitive to meeting our schedule for implementation.

But in short:

• We've decided to remove the aspect of "Clan Levels" to be the deciding factor to its size. Instead, we've chosen to allow Clan Points to be used to progress your clan's abilities, which includes expansion
  • Clan Points will be earned through normal monster hunting, just like experience to your character, it will go to your Clan. Where your Clan Master and upper officers, will be allowed to spend those points on Clan Skills.
  • Clan Skills are being introduced, with a wide range of usefulness for your clan and clan members. You can expand your clan to an additional 100 members, or use it to give your members benefits of strength, leveling or farming abilities.

Again more details will be provided with a later announcement in better detail.

#87 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:46 AM

Yes, it is active now, it was a misunderstanding at the time of the announcement and was mistakenly thought to be active, when it was only ready to be activated. You can write in now!

---

---

Q: If you reserve a clan name, do you need to level up it again or will it keep its level?

A: You will only retain the clan name, as all data is otherwise not being preserved. There will be a new clan system put in its place for everyone to explore.

Q: Will there be any compensation for the work we've put in to our clans already?

A: We understand and sympathize with the loss of work put in to your clans already, but because the clan system is being redesigned, we're letting everyone start from the same point, as well as we wouldn't really be able to translate the changes to how clans are invested in to. Clan levels will not exist in the same way they used to.

The new system's design will not be difficult to quickly get your clan back to its former glory, and then some, depending on what you prioritize as you expand on your clan.
Because we recognized current PvP factor to leveling a clan, we wanted to allow for the non-PvP minded Clans to also be able to progress as well. So as mentioned, you will be able to level your clan through normal game play, as well as the Clan Fields, and we will be "upgrading" the Clan Fields so they are more rewarding because of the risk factor involved.

Q: What about the overflow of people that will be in the Clan Fields, collecting clan points?
A: The Clan Fields are going to be somewhat obsolete, for Clan Point farming, as we intend to put a Clan Point gain on all monsters, similar to experience, but scaled for clan point consumption. So this way, anywhere you level, will be contributing to your clan's points.

We will of course work on ensuring that there are benefits beyond normal game play to going to the Clan Fields.

A: We are preparing a full announcement to the Clan System Feature update, the server merge was more important and time sensitive to meeting our schedule for implementation.

But in short:

• We've decided to remove the aspect of "Clan Levels" to be the deciding factor to its size. Instead, we've chosen to allow Clan Points to be used to progress your clan's abilities, which includes expansion
  • Clan Points will be earned through normal monster hunting, just like experience to your character, it will go to your Clan. Where your Clan Master and upper officers, will be allowed to spend those points on Clan Skills.
  • Clan Skills are being introduced, with a wide range of usefulness for your clan and clan members. You can expand your clan to an additional 100 members, or use it to give your members benefits of strength, leveling or farming abilities.

WITH THIS I ALLOW CLANS BE GRADE 1 :D

u the best leonis <3 (and genesis ;o)

Edited by Filipito98, 30 March 2015 - 09:48 AM.

#88 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

Damn, this is indeed nice, I'm actually looking forward to what it has to offer. 

#89 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:53 AM

---

---

But in short:

omg love this new clan system :p_love: :p_idea:  can't wait!!

#90 xultrax

xultrax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Draconis.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:02 AM

Wohoo i want to see those clan points asap xD!

#91 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

Awesome! :D

#92 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:07 AM

So question then:

Since it requires premium to get experience points in dungeons [which I think is total garbage to be blunt, I'll explain in the spoiler below], does that also mean you're required to have premium to get clan points in dungeons? Just curious. 

Spoiler

Edited by Feuer, 30 March 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#93 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

Thank you for the explanation.  That makes my posts obsolete but I completely agree with the new system and all.  Which that had been posted a bit before we all got stressed out, but thanks and sounds good!

#94 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:30 AM

LOVE IT OR LOVE IT  :rice:  :p_hi:

WIll this new clan system go live with the set date of the server merging?

#95 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

What drama can ensue here from farming clan points, other than being pk'd? That has always been an issue within farming clan points, and I hate even calling it an issue rather than something that has always been an objective to work within and around clan point farming. You are treating this as if it is something new Bendersmom. When your three clans farmed points before, this was something that could have very well happened before, and probably at one point or another has happened where you were pk'd or fight off pk'ers trying to sabotage you farming, that is quite the point of reason they make it them being warring areas.

The drama of being grade 7 is what is there now, people complaining there is nothing to do. This gives a reason for the game to be alive again, even if you don't like pvp it is an objective to work around with your clan.

All I see here is honestly laziness(don't take that offensively), what is the big deal of farming clan points again, especially coming from someone who has three grade 7 clans which equals A LOT of dedicated clan members helping you out getting them back to grade 7..... I see literally no issues. The only issue I see is the little guy(someone like me) who is a one man clan fighting off entire clan alliances for farming points, and I for one am completely ok with it, because in the end I'm happy there will be an alive very active area for everyone to be farming, and warring, and having some fun again. I think if we have passion enough for the game and for our clans, we should ENJOY farming clan points again... it gives our clans a task to unite and do something important again, more than just TG wars.

See, the problem is what you call "drama" other people call "war". People that "trash talk" are gonna do that regardless in every mode of the game. I don't see this causing drama rather than causing wars and fun within the game. If you don't want to war, then farm elsewhere or wait for times that others aren't farming. That is how this has always  been, if you want your clan to reach grade 7... then you must protect that as you build it, same as before.

Bendersmom, don't take this as arguing at all... as I do respect you and wouldn't want you to think that. Take this as me agreeing to disagree, and only giving my opposing opinion, a healthy debate we can call it lol. ;) Honestly, there is no hostility here and I love your opinion even though I don't agree with it, so I hope we can keep this healthy debate up.

I would say that for PVM players they should implement other ways of clan point farming. I don't necessarily know how, but I also don't think they should have a map that is PVM style for clan point farming, because they gets rid of the reason of having the current style clan point farming they have now which is PK enabled. So yes, I'll agree there should be a route for pvm players, but not at the expense of getting rid of the current system at all.

I see it like this... I imagine the merge happening, and players not only playing the Game Arena, doing dungeons, fighting in TG, and now also fighting once again to become the FIRST grade 7 in this new server... or just fighting for a spot in general for clan point farming. It makes the game active in a lot of places again I feel. 

EDIT: So I just read Leonis's reply, and none the less we both get what we want like I kinda hoped as I stated above ;)

Edited by SirSlayer, 30 March 2015 - 11:28 AM.

#96 UziDude

UziDude

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:37 AM

OK, so I haven't read every single post here, and can't seem to find it in the main post myself.  Can someone please tell me where do I send the request for clan names?  Do we just submit a ticket now?  Is that a new option, or do we use a present option of some sort?  Thank you.

#97 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

OK, so I haven't read every single post here, and can't seem to find it in the main post myself.  Can someone please tell me where do I send the request for clan names?  Do we just submit a ticket now?  Is that a new option, or do we use a present option of some sort?  Thank you.

ticket under department rose online merge!

#98 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:43 AM

Q: How will clans be affected?

A: Clan data is going to be wiped. Nothing is going to be automatically transferred in relationship to clan data.

We have something setup, so that active clan masters can submit their Clan Name for reservation, through the Support System.

Support Website - Should now be available!

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Spoiler

There you go :)

#99 UziDude

UziDude

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

Nevermind, just went and looked at the ticket submission form and found it.  Not 100% sure about the Account ID thing though.  So I gave them the 2 names it might be.  Hope it works.  Isn't there a way we can just submit 1 ticket for all the clan names we master?  I have like 7 or 8.  O.o  I also added a screen shot of that character with the clan roster on his name showing him as current CM, in case that helps any.

#100 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

Support Website - Should now be available!

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Spoiler 

Department Selection

post-48-0-67445000-1427509739.png

Submission Form

post-48-0-13137900-1427509740.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users