Server Merge - It's happening! [Comment Thread] - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Server Merge - It's happening! [Comment Thread]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1528 replies to this topic

#26 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:55 AM

Private servers are not affiliated with Gravity/WarpPortal, nor are they legitimate services.  Leonis and Draconis are the only two servers being merged.

Edited by Leonis, 30 March 2015 - 09:04 AM.

#27 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:00 AM

This is a good news for me. I can finally enjoy rose with a number people from both server

#28 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

if you did reserve your clan do you need to lvl up it again or gets it purple instantly?

You need to level it again. All you are reserving is the clan name.

#29 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

uhm back to topic pls and awnser/reply questions about the merge itself like

You need to level it again. All you are reserving is the clan name.

thats stupid, cuz then clans can lose members since they cant readd all old members after the merge since the clan is way smaller then :p_swt:

Edited by Zurn, 29 March 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#30 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!  :p_idea:

Cant wait!

#31 GreylaVu

GreylaVu

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:03 AM

this is my question if it has been asked and answered i can't find it. ok I am master of 2 lvl 7 clans i worked very hard to make them lvl 7 will their be clan points and mats given to clan masters to return our clans to lvl 7? sorry if this was asked before i don't see it in the post.

#32 MrsSparros

MrsSparros

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:15 AM

Really exciting news :) Very happy to be reading this :)

#33 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

About time for the server merge! :D

But still unless everything gets balanced (talking ofc about cleric class in case you did see it: http://forums.warppo...483-savecleric/) CD/AA/DP will be more likely the same: EMPTY :/ 

#34 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:49 AM

Clan grades are reset to 1.

#35 GreylaVu

GreylaVu

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:13 AM

lol that does not answer a thing.

#36 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:31 AM

all the hard work gone :p_sad: :sob:

#37 elizalyneth

elizalyneth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

where i can find player experience team please help

#38 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:28 PM

where i can find player experience team please help

Here's the link to support  https://support.warp...b5-c5877ce11df0

#39 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

I am not sure I understand why clans have to be reset to 1.  If you are reserving a clan name, the members will not be able to move over with the clan?  I will have to re-find them and add them?  What about those that only get on occasionally or those that are on break?  We have to re-add them all?  And to help the clan level we will not be able to have the whole clan help level the clan.  After some have been in the clan for so long, they will want to help re-level it if we have to.  Or can you temporarily allow the clans to have 50 members or at least 25 so they can level the clan up together?  Then maybe after 2 months drop it back to normal levels.  Then when we have the merge we can not only have our clans but also the members and no one feels left out.  Our clan has members from all over the world and they are not all on at one time to help out, but if they were at least in the clan they could help when they can.   

I understand about the clans that the master is gone, members gone, etc.  But that does not affect the level.  If we reserve an old clan name then you should be able to go in and make that clan the level it was as well.  Isn't there a way to keep the clans intact if the master of the clan reserves the clan name and is checked out as ok?

#40 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

I am not sure I understand why clans have to be reset to 1.  If you are reserving a clan name, the members will not be able to move over with the clan?  I will have to re-find them and add them?  What about those that only get on occasionally or those that are on break?  We have to re-add them all?  And to help the clan level we will not be able to have the whole clan help level the clan.  After some have been in the clan for so long, they will want to help re-level it if we have to.  Or can you temporarily allow the clans to have 50 members or at least 25 so they can level the clan up together?  Then maybe after 2 months drop it back to normal levels.  Then when we have the merge we can not only have our clans but also the members and no one feels left out.  Our clan has members from all over the world and they are not all on at one time to help out, but if they were at least in the clan they could help when they can.   

I understand about the clans that the master is gone, members gone, etc.  But that does not affect the level.  If we reserve an old clan name then you should be able to go in and make that clan the level it was as well.  Isn't there a way to keep the clans intact if the master of the clan reserves the clan name and is checked out as ok?

I think it has more to do with the clan data rather than the clan activity. There was some glitch where clan names could be made with things like underscore _ and other illegal symbols. That's why they can't save the clan data. What Leo is doing is offering the masters of active clans the opportunity to reserve their clan name once support adds that option (hoping on Monday when they are back in the office?). Clans where the master does not reserve the name by the deadline will then be available after the merge. This will free up the names of clans with masters that have long since quit. I think it's pretty decent that we are being given that opportunity if we want to keep our clan names.

The problem with members is a lot of people will have to change the names of their characters so as a clan master, you won't have any way to know that. The people themselves might not even realize until they log in after the merge and find they are flagged for a name change.It's also going to mess up friend lists because of the same reason.

We all have the same issues with clannies from different countries and time zones but I've got most of mine on Skype or at our clan forum so I can always contact them and they can contact me. Maybe you can get something similar from your clannies during the weeks before the merge so you can contact each other afterwards.

#41 B3nny

B3nny

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

SERVER MERGE HYPE!

#42 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:28 PM

I do believe the clan resetting to grade 1 is a bit of a merge. However, if your clan is active....you should have no problem farming for clan points right back to grade 7 again. It is a good refresher because it will show what clans are around to "sit in junon" and do nothing because they have grade 7 and cool items to show off and it will show the clans that are still actually clans doing things/participating within the game and actively trying to make their clan something again. Just my thoughts.

#43 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:04 AM

well my newbie clan will always still newbie clan >:D (TeamDaiGurren) but even will reserve the clan name because i love the name and the clan *^*, maybe i should save the icon soo i can change easly :3

#44 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:26 AM

Just because clan members "hang around in Junon" that does not indicate that the clans are inactive or are trying to look "cool".  It typically means the clan member is afk or just in game chatting since there is not much else to do.

I understand about inactive clans and wanting to rejuvenate the names or fix the bug of the clan names.  And in the past when someone had to change their name it did not affect the clan.  They just changed their name.  So I do not think that is the reason that clans can't stay at level 7.  And we do have ways to keep in contact with our other clannies.  The problems I have is that A.) We worked our asses off to make 3 clans level 7; B.) clannies will want to help get to level 7 if we have to reset to 1 but we will have to pick and chose who can be in the clan until it is higher level; and C.) Leveling clans is boring as hell and the few places you can farm clan points will be insane with drama and crowded as hell.  There are still a number of active level 7 clans, especially when you combine the 2 servers.  With only Junon clan fields and Luna cave to farm clan points and a number of clans trying to level all at once = mayhem.  

So I still don't understand why, when a clan master registers their clan, and it is found to be a legit clan, can't they get the clan back as level 7.  Then they can add clannies back as they come in game and all is good.  And the clan point farming can be more open for those that are leveling new clans up.  Some are waiting for their clans to be open again as you all said, those clans will be leveling their clans and will be more than enough mayhem in clan fields. 

#45 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:34 AM

So to me it sounds like the game will be quite active again considering you are stating that the fields will be bombarded with people fighting for clan points... to me that sounds like what everyone has been wanting for awhile now(an active game with people warring and playing, not sitting in Junon showing off our Faith items)... so I'm not sure where the complaint is here rather than a bonus.

Also, if you care about your 3 grade 7 clans as much as you speak passionately about... then it should be fun and cool to see who is active and truly shares the same passion about your clans as well and will help you get them back to grade 7 again. Think of it as a step in the past to redo for something new and fun. This is technically going to be a "new server" so with that being said it wouldn't be very "new" if clans just got bumped to grade 7 because of the past servers.

I think of this as a good thing, I have a grade 7 clan that is going to be wiped, and I'm going to have a lot harder time getting it to grade 7 again than you will bendersmom. You have 3 clans full of active people, I'm a one man show with my clan and I'm ok with starting over.

Also, starting with your core group for each clan shouldn't make it that hard, and the more you upgrade the more you can have others join in and help....just like before. I don't see how this is an issue really.... if your members are true loyal members they will be happy with waiting until they can jump in and help more.

Giving your clan back to grade 7 is bringing parts of old server back as this is a new start in some aspects. I'd be happy they aren't just wiping everyone all together ;)

Edited by SirSlayer, 29 March 2015 - 02:37 AM.

#46 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:02 AM

someone said to me, that would be cool if uhm... Clan levels required clans to actually fight  other clans for their level, rather than just farm points from mos. -- I thought was a cool idea. 

#47 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:08 AM

someone said to me, that would be cool if uhm... Clan levels required clans to actually fight  other clans for their level, rather than just farm points from mos. -- I thought was a cool idea. 

no thanks

#48 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:34 AM

For me.

The reset on Clan Grades have both negative and postive things.

Negative:

• All the work everyone done will be gone.
  • Everyone cant join the clan at the start as it use to be.
  • Becuse all clan gets reset. All the clan fields will be overflowing and it can be hard to farm becuse everyone gonna farm at the same time.

Positive:

• The clan will come back together.
  • Work together.
  • Everyone will have something to do and be active. 
  • Its a challange.

Personal I think. All clans have been grade 1. Now some are grade 7. Then its possible to do it agian.  At the same time I understand everyone. To have a 7 grade clan and poof its gone infront of your eyes. All the hard work is gone. But maybe for this uppdate. We maybe need to take this negative part of it. 

With this uppdate it could make Rose Online more active. CDs maybe will start. Maybe even Akaram Arena? Am 150% sure I can deal with this negative part of the merge if am abel to do CD, akram arena with my friends later, instead standing in Junon and doing nothing. 

#49 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:58 AM

It's the constant changing and removal of hard work that has discouraged me to an extreme - I can't understand how people can defend the removal of a persons hard work over and over again.  Eventually the madness has to stop or well, the results can be seen in the metrics, shall we say.

#50 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:15 AM

It's the constant changing and removal of hard work that has discouraged me to an extreme - I can't understand how people can defend the removal of a persons hard work over and over again. Eventually the madness has to stop or well, the results can be seen in the metrics, shall we say.

Take the good with the bad, Personally, I think a refreshment of clans is a good, 'negative' outcome, -

Eventually, something had to happen to give this game some more umf.

Be thankful you get to keep most of your bought/hard earned pixels. ...

Truth is, you don't own your pixels here, WarpPortal does, and when you pay them money, sure; You hope that faithfully, they are going to do their best, to carefully consider as well as implement, what is believed to be best for the game.

Is it hard to get grade7? --- yea, deff. How many countless hours have I farmed in Luna clan fields for points? -- countless hours, clan leaders some times even start paying outsides to join their clan and level it up...

Honestly, aside from the charm update, what other thing have they done to 'ruin all our hard work' ---

Look, I'm not trying to kiss up to WarpPortal - but everyone, ALL THE TIME, EVERYONE is like ; WOW THIS LITTLE ASPECT OF THIS AMAZING THING SUCKS SO BAD I DON'T EVEN WANT TO THANK WARP PORTAL FOR A GOOD JOB.

I wish people had more gratitude, cause I'm sick of everyone crying about how much some little thing sucks.

Given all things consider, what is so freaking bad about having to level your clan again? - The entire server is going to have to do it, how is it' so omg bad?

ugh.

Negative:

Positive:
  • The clan will come back together.
  • Work together.
  • Everyone will have something to do and be active.
  • Some work everyone has done several years ago, will be gone, and people will have something to do again
  • Only people that is seen as the most vital, dedicated, active and important assets to the clan, will able to be welcomed back until the clan reaches max grade level.
  • Becuse all clan gets reset. All the clan fields will be overflowing and it can be hard to farm becuse everyone gonna farm at the same time, clan wars for spots may even ensue, rivalries and drama, and, ACTION, YAY!
  • Its a challange.

^ Tiss all I see. Call me a half full kinda guy, but... I think some peoples here just has their glass filled with piss.

Edited by Zurn, 29 March 2015 - 06:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users