Basic WoE Guide to Builds, Roles, and Gameplay [updated: 4/15/15] - Page 2 - Classic Class Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Basic WoE Guide to Builds, Roles, and Gameplay [updated: 4/15/15]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#26 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:06 AM

Thanks a lot for the help :D

Anyway, can you please add some tips to be build recaller

Do you want to know about a recaller class in particular or you'd prefer to have a comparison in gameplay between the different ones?

#27 kurapikan

kurapikan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:14 AM

Do you want to know about a recaller class in particular or you'd prefer to have a comparison in gameplay between the different ones?

Comparison one, why some player prefer thieves while some other prefer champion?

Edited by kurapikan, 09 April 2015 - 08:15 AM.

#28 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:59 PM

Nice guide, but am I the only person that gets str anymore?

Maybe that's why my acid bomb damage is so much better than most peoples.

#29 asdfasdfjkl

asdfasdfjkl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:23 AM

Edited by asdfasdfjkl, 17 April 2015 - 06:44 AM.

#30 kurapikan

kurapikan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:18 AM

Looking forward for updates :D

And can i get some enlightment on the difference between how raydric and noxious work?

#31 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

I'll answer your questions tomorrow, sorry for the late reply.

#32 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow as well to work on some of these questions.

For recallers, it is mostly an issue of recaller utility or simply that players class preference.

Champ- Highly mobile, buffer, can gfist but not really worth dying to reflect

Linker- Most mobile recaller in WoE 1, immune dispel, worthless woe 2

SinX- Removes a breaker spot on roster, can SB but not really worth dying to reflect, cloak

Stalker- Best dual logged recaller, stealth, immune dispel, pretty mobile

Scholar- Removes a DLP spot on roster, most defensive class in game, mobility issues and goes against iro mentality 

For the raydric vs noxious, it is all about how reductions stack and what class you play. Put very simply, if a character stacks % range reduction go with noxious. If a character is a 1 vit character then go with Noxious, since reduction to magic will help and gfist will kill anyways. If high vit go with raydric to help live vs bombs and gfist.

#33 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:01 PM

He already said all there is to know about recallers but I'd like to bring in some details for raydric and noxious. For 1 vit classes I'd still go for raydric personally so you could at least save your sac paly from most fists. But it's just a matter of choices and it's better to adapt to what you're facing.

When you need to decide which damage you want to reduce the most here's what you need to know :

Guillotine Fist: Raydric always wins against Noxious.

Magic: Noxious always wins against Raydric (except for stave crasher lol).

Acid Bomb: the best choice depends on your initial neutral and ranged resistance (without considering the garment card) :

X1DacK5.png

Edited by darkabe, 12 April 2015 - 11:33 PM.

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

I can touch on this a bit more, I've played all these as recall

Champ- Highly mobile, buffer, can gfist but not really worth dying to reflect

- most advantageous in WoE 2, big empty spaces, good for last second recalls in WoE 1. Speed is everything.

- also pnuema user, good for spamming where ME is getting ganned

Linker- Most mobile recaller in WoE 1, immune dispel, worthless woe 2

- also removes a linker spot from roster

- hilariously survivable with kaupe.

SinX- Removes a breaker spot on roster, can SB but not really worth dying to reflect, cloak

- Also good for grimtooth, huge mobility issues tho. Requires too much top end equip to be fully mobile.

Stalker- Best dual logged recaller, stealth, immune dispel, pretty mobile

- flying kick and strip are amazing to have on hand

- best used in busy situations, i.e: that is when you have lots of targets to fly kick between, giving you complete immunity to fiberlock/traps.

Scholar- Removes a DLP spot on roster, most defensive class in game, mobility issues and goes against iro mentality

- amazing survival, less mobility issues than sinx, good for teaching guild to play/move as a group as opposed to them being recalled around. Nice spot to lead from actually.

#35 kurapikan

kurapikan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:57 AM

Never had known that theres someone use scholar to recall D:

#36 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:39 AM

Was theory crafted, but it is different then the "norm". I ran it for a bit because we had a ~12 person guild and every spot on the roster was very important. It allows the player to be as active as possible in a "safe" place. If everything goes properly then your dlp, this case also recaller, should be the most protected character. It became a big thing in "other places" afterwards because it freed up a roster spot since you will always have a dlp anyways. Basically scholars became the meta in gvg woes with 24 person guild caps. Major problem is mobility and lack of kill power.

So picking a recaller you need to decide which one would be better for your situation, offers the utility you need, or frees roster spots. All depends on what you value and how much you value it.

Edit: I should also note a couple of things. At this point in the game of Ragnarok Online there will rarely be a recaller who just recalls. What I mean is they are all expected to perform other useful tasks along with recalling as needed. This also creates more things to think about when selecting a recaller. You want to make sure that ever who is playing it is very comfortable with the class. That is important for everything, but recalling is kind of important. Also, some recallers are hard carries so they require more attention. For example, if making epic breaks is your goal and you run a sinX recaller that will directly effect your composition. Not sure if anybody watches LCS but they have team comps there called "protect the carry". It is much the same where there is a very straight forward goal with a single to a couple people who can obtain the goal but require a lot of support from others in order to do so. Another example would be a soul linker recaller. The play style is going to be drastically different because the ability to quickly move through any WoE 1 castle and easily offensively recall is something everybody has to play around. This means the sac pallys will have to be fast moving and preemptive. It also means the rest of the guild has to be ready with minimal time for recalls.

So basically, recallers offer you a specific utility or carry in a way. It is also dependent on your guilds game play. I wouldn't go with a hyper aggressive recaller if the guild doesn't play hyper aggressive. ect ect

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 13 April 2015 - 06:34 AM.

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:02 AM

Mine is actually a sage (leading our nontrans guild), but I've found leading from ME scholar to be extremely comfortable and if my guild didn't need my SinX dps, I would probably play a scholar recall.

What undying says about multitasking your recall is 100% true.

With a champ you can go ahead and kill between recalls, getting back shouldn't be a problem... SinX.... depends on your own guild, gear and competition. If they're fiberlock spammers, forget it, hang back and scout for other recalls and don't do a thing to endanger yourself.

Stalker.... "eh." it can get back but it probably isn't going to die. Linker shouldn't have mobility issues, scholar however, goes down with the guild. 

And a word from a seasoned "ninja" recaller : don't do this too much! Guilds that get lazy and rely on ninja recall and never have to push/move together as a group just do not improve. Sure, getting a lolzy recall off that nobody saw coming is great, but it's not the be all and end all of everything. I notice a huge drop in my guild performance when I go on spats of "ninja recalling", so that's something I felt needed to be mentioned ^^

edit: Also noteworthy: The person playing the recaller doesn't HAVE to be the one leading the guild. It's extremely hard to micromanage a guild and play recall and play your char and call shots and figure out forts and... and.... it's a lot of work.

Edited by Xellie, 13 April 2015 - 07:06 AM.

#38 kurapikan

kurapikan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:45 AM

Seems like scholar recaller do not suits small guild isnt it?

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

It would be really good for a small guild since it solidifies your teamwork and frees up a spot for something that isn't taken up by recall

in my opinion anyway.... I'd do it. That's why I'm leading Sandstorm on a sage :)

#40 kurapikan

kurapikan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:09 AM

We dont have enough resources yet to make our own supplies, so I think thieve class would be the best option?'-'

And we dont have sac pally ans vit scholar yet, intersted in some AL party after woe? :P

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:28 AM

Recall is the least of your worries then! :P

#42 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:32 AM

We dont have enough resources yet to make our own supplies, so I think thieve class would be the best option?'-'

And we dont have sac pally ans vit scholar yet, intersted in some AL party after woe? :P

If your still working on setting up a functional guild, play whatever is the most fun. A lot of this "guide" is just to point in the right direction and a lot of it is my opinions/experience along with other peoples. Nothing is set in stone, its simply just to point people in the right direction. I have always thoroughly enjoyed theorycrafting and designing things for WoE so that is all this is about.

The most important thing, above everything else.... Do whatever brings you the most fun or enjoyment in this game. It is a wonderful game, please have some fun. You do not need/require any specific builds or compositions or character classes to enjoy the game. That all is secondary (if that even) for a point in time if you run into trouble or hardship and just want to learn more :)

Enjoy the time on RO!

#43 kurapikan

kurapikan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

If your still working on setting up a functional guild, play whatever is the most fun. A lot of this "guide" is just to point in the right direction and a lot of it is my opinions/experience along with other peoples. Nothing is set in stone, its simply just to point people in the right direction. I have always thoroughly enjoyed theorycrafting and designing things for WoE so that is all this is about.

The most important thing, above everything else.... Do whatever brings you the most fun or enjoyment in this game. It is a wonderful game, please have some fun. You do not need/require any specific builds or compositions or character classes to enjoy the game. That all is secondary (if that even) for a point in time if you run into trouble or hardship and just want to learn more :)

Enjoy the time on RO!

Definitely! :D

But well, we need a working system so at least we dont get crushed by a single random wizzie so our new guild mates dont get sad and leaving the game with disappointment

#44 leguho

leguho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

Some builds on this guide can mislead other players of thinking it was the build for WOE, from what i see, its more of a leveling build. Example: paladin, u sugest going vit>dex>agi, would it be better to go vit>int>dex, agi is useless in minimum value. I once saw a devotion paladin that heals more than 7k and its build is pure vit int(with that build, it got high hp&def like LK,high mdef like priest&wiz). High wizard, why would you put agi on wizard?wizard has the simplest build of all class in RO, 99int,99dex the rest is vit(for survivabilty) or luk(for matk). Or you can go 90int,99dex,50vit. The hardest class to build are sinx and LK, its more of personal preference.

Edited by leguho, 01 September 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#45 leguho

leguho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:26 PM

[quote name="Xellie" post="2111817

And a word from a seasoned "ninja" recaller : don't do this too much! Guilds that get lazy and rely on ninja recall and never have to push/move together as a group just do not improve. Sure, getting a lolzy recall off that nobody saw coming is great, but it's not the be all and end all of everything. I notice a huge drop in my guild performance when I go on spats of "ninja recalling", so that's something I felt needed to be mentioned ^^

edit: Also noteworthy: The person playing the recaller doesn't HAVE to be the one leading the guild. It's extremely hard to micromanage a guild and play recall and play your char and call shots and figure out forts and... and.... it's a lot of work.[/quote] i like your style,give ur guild a challenge and they will improve and promotes teamwork. I can still remember my PRO days where 1 castle is guarded by 6guilds during Agit Lords for RWC and we have to crawl our way to the emperium. Of course that wont happen here, there are around 700+ players most are bots and venders unless they close some castles and make it only 4 or 1 castle. And if that happen, you can see guilds merging, precast on the entrance, more fun.

Edited by leguho, 01 September 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#46 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:50 AM

Alex, I'm curious. Why does 149 dex > 150 dex?
Ain't 150 dex gives u instacast and that's like always better than super fast but still have cast?

#47 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

Alex, I'm curious. Why does 149 dex > 150 dex?
Ain't 150 dex gives u instacast and that's like always better than super fast but still have cast?

Having 150 DEX introduces an otherwise non-present, unreducable delay. Acid Bombing in strings with 149 DEX is much faster, as the aforementioned delay is not present- only the ASPD delay.

#48 xnatsumark

xnatsumark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Server:Thor pRO Server

Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

Master Smith or White Smith please....

#49 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

I should have more free time coming up (internship) on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I can repay a visit and do some more. Also trying to get high profile, specific class, players involved to write them for their specialty class. 

I'll do Master Smith next :)

#50 xnatsumark

xnatsumark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Server:Thor pRO Server

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:34 PM

YESSSS PLEASE !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users