[Classic] Future Uncertain - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 17 votes

[Classic] Future Uncertain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
639 replies to this topic

#26 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

management did some poor choices in the implementations they did, but they did it all based on player feedback.  People are blaming the management instead of looking at themselves.  Its like someone shooting up a school, and blaming the gun dealers for the deaths instead of the shooter.  People want a scapegoat, and blaming the management is the easy way out.  While the management are partly responsible for doing implementations that catered towards short term goals instead of long term goals, its still the ultimately the player's fault for pushing for such things and abusing the hell out of it to the point where they ruined their own server.

idk about you but threads a year back i see people going against horrible ideas that were added to the game like account bound mvp gears funny things only started to get slightly better after player feedback was considered and these things were removed

#27 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:54 PM

Which would kill 99% of the existing playerbase fyi. They won't start again, and it's not even a certainty that new or previous players would join given how Loki Classic's name is dragged through the mud in the wider RO community and their personal experiences here.

Maybe the reason people stopped playing... Is because their character is done already..? Why play if the grind is over? Also with all the drama that has happened on this server. A wipe and a clean slate to re-do the server have a more successful plan for the server. Maybe the players who left because of the drama will come back if they hear the server is clean.

Why were turn ins released so early? The grind is what keeps me playing. Once it was over I got bored of Chat RO in town and eventually stopped logging in.

When Classic first opened a lot of people returned to the game even though they had to restart... Who is to say that players wouldn't come back again?

If a server has a bad reputation and everyone knows it, then perhaps we could take a lesson from WorldCom and change the name.

-Thoughts?

#28 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:07 PM

Actually they chose not to listen to the majority of us (see god items, etc.)

Hi Xellie,

Please be informed that we've got a nice spot for you on Chaos Renewal, and are awaiting your final switch-over.
In our anticipation a spot has been kept warm for you. It consists of a guild invite to Smokies and/or Tanukis (TE guild), accompanied by refillable drinks and appetizers.

For all the banter, PvP & GvG drama, we have designated guild members available under co-ordination by Saagar.
We know eventually you (as everyone else on Classic) will switch over.
So why not do so today? You wouldn't want those appetizers to get cold. We've got mini-pizza and mini-eggrolls...
Contact me on TeamSpeak for final arrangements.

PS: You're all welcome, feel free to apply on our forums at http://smokiesguild.com/.

Best regards,

Daray

Edit: Added PS

Edited by Daray, 02 April 2015 - 09:08 PM.

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:17 PM

Hi Xellie,

Please be informed that we've got a nice spot for you on Chaos Renewal, and are awaiting your final switch-over.
In our anticipation a spot has been kept warm for you. It consists of a guild invite to Smokies and/or Tanukis (TE guild), accompanied by refillable drinks and appetizers.

For all the banter, PvP & GvG drama, we have designated guild members available under co-ordination by Saagar.
We know eventually you (as everyone else on Classic) will switch over.
So why not do so today? You wouldn't want those appetizers to get cold. We've got mini-pizza and mini-eggrolls...
Contact me on TeamSpeak for final arrangements.

PS: You're all welcome, feel free to apply on our forums at http://smokiesguild.com/.

Best regards,

Daray

Edit: Added PS

I love you nerds <3

I'll get to woe sometime I promise

Edited by Xellie, 02 April 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#30 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:18 PM

My account's been deactivated D:

#31 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:18 PM

why would you go from a dead server 2 another dead server tho?

fro or go home

#32 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:38 PM

My account's been deactivated D:

I've created a ticket for this, and forwarded it to the Smokies IT department.
They should be looking into this shortly.

#33 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:12 AM

When I say server reset I do not mean reset back to how classic was when it started. I mean reset and use all the past mistakes as a thing to learn from.

• No rental items that make one class a leveling powerhouse (rental CK in anos was op at the time)
  • Fixed god item system (limited amount or something!!)
  • MVP cards and God items logged and publicly viewable (no need to show owners, just that exist)
  • Better WoE system (thinking the changes to woe that are coming soon)
  • PVP with a way of letting people know that there are people in there without having to go and check

A Lot of things that made people quit have already been fixed (Account bound junk for one).

Yes some people would stop playing if a fresh/reset server happend but most of them are probably already looking for a reason to stop. Also the RMTers would also quit I think (like the person that bought ***** 2nd GTB for 2k).

I truly believe more than half of the current players would remain. I also believe that many of the people that quit due to past problems would come back AND it would be more inviting to new players.

Edited by Tribe, 03 April 2015 - 06:12 AM.

#34 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:36 AM

I'd be ok with a reset if I were to be refunded all the money I spent on WPE+KP. All of it.

#35 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

When I say server reset I do not mean reset back to how classic was when it started. I mean reset and use all the past mistakes as a thing to learn from.

• No rental items that make one class a leveling powerhouse (rental CK in anos was op at the time)
  • Fixed god item system (limited amount or something!!)
  • MVP cards and God items logged and publicly viewable (no need to show owners, just that exist)
  • Better WoE system (thinking the changes to woe that are coming soon)
  • PVP with a way of letting people know that there are people in there without having to go and check

A Lot of things that made people quit have already been fixed (Account bound junk for one).

Yes some people would stop playing if a fresh/reset server happend but most of them are probably already looking for a reason to stop. Also the RMTers would also quit I think (like the person that bought ***** 2nd GTB for 2k).

I truly believe more than half of the current players would remain. I also believe that many of the people that quit due to past problems would come back AND it would be more inviting to new players.

I support this post. It is the divine plan for Classic.

#36 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

It's obvious, they're waiting for people to forget all about those posts. Pretty much to the point they will ignore just about anyone that posts in them. 

All in hopes of saving man power and not being on either side of the issue. 

For the people saying a reset will be a good idea. What about all the work they put into making their characters? Collecting cards, perfecting personal builds, making equipment sets, and all the money they poured into the account for vip/kp?  Do you really seriously think people will come back after a reset just to spend more money and hard work to possibly just lose it all again? 

Resets won't fix anything if a majority of the players that spend money on this game go. All I can see happening is people that don't spend any money on kp joining and nearly all that do leaving, resulting in a true failure for "Classic/NotSoClassic" Server.

I.E. /Server Closure &>#[Transition of players to pservers]

Edited by VModSushi, 03 April 2015 - 09:21 AM.

#37 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:49 AM

Incoming long post:

From what I've been reading, a significant player base left because they believe the server was ruined. A server wipe could convince the players to give their dreams of being a dominant player/guild another chance. Or whatever their dreams were... Top Alchemist/Blacksmith/Taekwon/MvPer, etc.

I agree that there should be some sort of compensation for the amount of Kafra Items spent (should a reset happen). GMs could decide how this is fair. Give KP back but cap it depending on how much you spent? Idk. That's not my decision.

The server is dying in terms of community. Does it really matter how many 99s or what items you have if no one is playing anymore? I have an idea. It sounds like an expensive route but perhaps if they decide to do a reset the GM team could keep Classic server. They could use it like Sakray as a test. Turn the server & WoE on only for the weekends or select times so that way you don't lose your chars and items. ... Or God forbid, let us move them to renewal again. 

I get what you're saying. I spent a lot of $ on Kafra Points during my time on this server. I've also spent a lot of time grinding to get my Hwiz to where he is today as well as my other characters like my knight. But if a server has a bad reputation and no one is playing. Then a solid business move is to be proactive instead of reactive. Don't wait for the #'s to die down even more. Try doing something instead of not doing something. (Implementing more quests won't bring back players.) But listening to community posts and understanding why people left, fixing those problems, and then re-opening the server new and improved... It sounds pretty good to me.

These easy leveling quests just make it less important that your character is a high level. It's easily obtained. I'm sure a lot of the community wouldn't mind going back to grinding. As far as I can remember, classic RO was just that. A grind. You grind for WoE, PvP, Items, Lvling, etc. This isn't Staples, there isn't supposed to be an easy button. That's Renewal. Let's start talking about what a fresh server would need (AND WOULDN'T NEED) to be the server people want to grind. (I say grind, because to me it implies over a long period of time. Which is what we want for customers; for them to come back over and over.)

tldr; While it's a pain, having a reset isn't the end of the RO world, new servers bring in new attitudes. I don't see the server improving without a reset unfortunately. So let's put Pront to PvP and get this new start of the server party... well, started.

Edit: Bolded some key things that help to being proactive. I also want to state, I'll continue to support the Classic server with or without a wipe.

Edited by KingOfJokerz, 03 April 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#38 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

For the people saying a reset will be a good idea. What about all the work they put into making their characters? Collecting cards, perfecting personal builds, making equipment sets, and all the money they poured into the account for vip/kp?  Do you really seriously think people will come back after a reset just to spend more money and hard work to possibly just lose it all again? 

They have already lost it, the server is a ghost town (and it will get worse with time and when games like Tree, crowfall and ect come out). Yes it sucks to lose the time and money spent on the game, I myself have accounts full of geared 99s and have spent thousands on WPE (not pure cash some is from zeny).

Most of us spent tons of time/money back on the old pre re servers and we still came to classic. 

You are right though posts like this are getting ignored and it only makes the situation worse...

#39 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:58 AM

Who is better to know what to do to bring the community back... Than the community?

"The ear of the leader must ring with the voices of the people."
— Woodrow Wilson

#40 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:11 AM

Welcome to the ones who don't quit when you're merged with Renewal.

#41 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:14 AM

A reset would be classic's best option if they learn from their mistakes and don't repeat them. As for those who talk about how people would not like the money they wasted on the server, I would say that my money and characters are already wasted on the server, considering it is a ghost town. Get rid of the pay-to-win philosophy before any of this whether you choose to reset or not, because that is the single biggest contributor to population loss.

Edited by Hrishi, 03 April 2015 - 09:26 AM.

#42 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:29 AM

I love you nerds <3

I'll get to woe sometime I promise

come back to Renewal Xellie and ill cook you a 6 course meal ^.^ with beverage

#43 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:33 AM

A reset would be classic's best option if they learn from their mistakes and don't repeat them. As for those who talk about how people would not like the money they wasted on the server, I would say that my money and characters are already wasted on the server, considering it is a ghost town. Get rid of the pay-to-win philosophy before any of this whether you choose to reset or not, because that is the single biggest contributor to population loss.

Super devil knows best.

#44 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

revamp the game :)

#45 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

If classic does get merged with renewal at any point in time it would be a waste of the majorities investment into wpe and kp.

Most have done renewal and left for good reason. Not many would go back lol.

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

I'm not asking for changes or this imaginary server wipe which we already know they are incapable of doing because they won't LEARN from the things we've been saying.

I'm asking for some answers and certainty. Right now the only thing keeping people playing is the power of friendship. (which is also why VH won't die/get bored/evaporate like people hope, screw you!)

#47 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:07 AM

They have already lost it, the server is a ghost town (and it will get worse with time and when games like Tree, crowfall and ect come out). Yes it sucks to lose the time and money spent on the game, I myself have accounts full of geared 99s and have spent thousands on WPE (not pure cash some is from zeny).

Most of us spent tons of time/money back on the old pre re servers and we still came to classic. 

You are right though posts like this are getting ignored and it only makes the situation worse...

It's not that people are going to lose their characters and junk if the server were to reset--that -_-'s likely just going to get transferred over to the Renewal server anyways. If Classic is in such dire straights that a reset is the only viable option, then it's more likely that they'll just shut it down entirely. In other words, this is the last chance for Classic RO in any official capacity. Why the hell would they reopen a server that bombed so terribly, lessons learned or not?

This is speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if Oda and Campitor had been given the task to improve Classic's population or it's getting shut down in 2016, perhaps earlier. The Roadmap thread and the numerous threads regarding changes to Classic are to try and get community input in the hopes that they can make the right decisions and fulfill whatever targets have been set by the people in charge before a certain date. kRO is also more than likely aware of the situation, which is making them hesitant to provide support; after all, the server in question could be gone in less than a year, so why spend the resources on support if none of it is likely to bear any fruit?

#48 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:17 AM

The roadmap is lipservice because people were getting angsty imo

#49 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:19 AM

The roadmap is lipservice because people were getting angsty imo

Maybe. I still think they've got some kind of ultimatum happening though.

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

if they're renting rackspace in their datacenter and just shuffle classic alongside renewal, classic probably doesn't make a loss.

The only loss on it would be time invested/manhours I guess. I don't see why they'd shut it down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users