[Classic] Future Uncertain - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 17 votes

[Classic] Future Uncertain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
639 replies to this topic

#126 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:29 AM

Good thing Xellie knows cpr.

#127 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:34 AM

Doesn't really matter if, when you revive them and send them to the hospital, all the staff are just like... oh yeah we'll get to that guy eventually... probably... actually I think it's lunch time!

#128 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:56 AM

Doesn't really matter if, when you revive them and send them to the hospital, all the staff are just like... oh yeah we'll get to that guy eventually... probably... actually I think it's lunch time!

That's a bad hospital. Don't think we've ever given out the "manditory" 15 min breaks and lunch is non existent in our ER.

#129 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:59 AM

That's a bad hospital. Don't think we've ever given out the "manditory" 15 min breaks and lunch is non existent in our ER.

The entire ER staff got mad at me once when i said that today seemed a little slow.  I jinxed my self that morning :(

#130 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:16 PM

About to update this with some info.... gon' be fun

#131 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

Ok, arguing for that econ reset and why it can't just be left to fester.

Everything here was a random take with idk, like ~ 5 people at most, excepting Valfreyja 4 which my 33 man army has been defending against the zergish forces the rest of the server (all 45 of them)

7835.gif Valfreyja 1 Valhalla.gifValhalla 05/apr/2015 12:38:29 1 day  1 76 econ

7836.gif Valfreyja 2 Valhalla.gifValhalla 05/apr/2015 12:40:15 1 day  1 97 econ

7837.gif Valfreyja 3 Valhalla.gifValhalla 05/apr/2015 13:48:47 1 day  3 59 econ

7838.gif Valfreyja 4 Valhalla.gifValhalla 08/mar/2015 12:55:51 28 days 0 100 econ

7837.gif Valfreyja 5 VaIkyrie.gifVaIkyrie 05/apr/2015 13:59:47 1 day  3  something I forget it's high tho

Well thanks for all the OCAs, I got a lot of god parts today too. 5 dawn essences and 2 dusk glows. Hey, Asprikas are cool - everyone on the server should have one. You get a god item and you get a god item and you get a god item EVERYONE GETS A GOD ITEM.

Now let's open my ACAs

Blessing aligned.
Your Speed has increased.
You got Choco Card (1).
You got Zombie Card (1).
You got Chonchon Card (1).
You got Andre Egg Card (1).
You got Hornet Card (1).
You got Megalith Card (1).
You got Steel Chonchon Card (1).
You got Dark Illusion Card (1).
You got Andre Egg Card (1).
You got Chonchon Card (1).
You got Armeyer Dinze Card (1).
You got Willow Card (1).
You got Lunatic Card (1).
You got Spore Card (1).
You got Deviling Card (1).
C:\Gravity\Ragnarok Online\ScreenShot\screenClassic.Loki1422.jpg is Saved.
You got Angeling Card (1).
C:\Gravity\Ragnarok Online\ScreenShot\screenClassic.Loki1423.jpg is Saved.
Synner : awww yeeee
You got Grand Peco Card (1).
You got Eclipse Card (1).
You got Ragged Zombie Card (1).
Synner : ghagaa
You got Roda Frog Card (1).
You got Cecil Damon Card (1).
You got Cecil Damon Card (1).
You got Marc Card (1).

wew, item flooding ftw.

Gonna record everything here so we can see how badly the server gets flooded.

https://docs.google....I144/edit#gid=0

generic comment goes here about how Valhalla loses out for defending most of the time. The other EMPTY castles are more valuable!

Edited by Xellie, 06 April 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#132 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:10 PM

too bad you need GM help to even trade those cards :V

#133 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

only wanderer cards. DRs / GRs are carded for guild use and Angeling isn't acc bound.

I slammed that thing in a +8 nyd mant and it's mine now

Edited by Xellie, 06 April 2015 - 02:13 PM.

#134 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

I think that only applies to the Deviling Card, but I'm guessing the larger point is that she got enough OCAs in a single week to acquire 23 ACAs, which is absurd.

#135 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

I think that only applies to the Deviling Card, but I'm guessing the larger point is that she got enough OCAs in a single week to acquire 23 ACAs, which is absurd.

That was last week bro, I got 31 OCAs today and it's only the start of the week.

point is OCA flooding is dangerous, but at least it's somewhat countered by OCA-> ACA conversion.

Edited by Xellie, 06 April 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#136 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

word? i believe angeling is bound on renewal (along with wanderer ofc, because RO logic laughs at petty server boundaries).

#137 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

word? i believe angeling is bound on renewal (along with wanderer ofc, because RO logic laughs at petty server boundaries).

yup, RO logic.

#138 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

the days when we could snatch the emp in woe

never forget

#139 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:47 PM

brb hocusing guardian stones

#140 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

how long will it be before people start npc'ing cards for the 12z because they'd get more zeny out of it that way i wonder.

inb4 "HURRDURRR god item saturation isn't a problem, lrn2play and git gud scrub" - generic classic troll #12

#141 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

Am I allowed to post about thinking econ creep is bad when I post evidence or is it just me trying to solidify my position again, just how I've said this since the start of the server?

#142 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

Sounds about right.

#143 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

Am pretty sure we have opened over 300 Aca and haven't got a gr/dr out of them rng God loves u nuff said

#144 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:23 PM

you do realize that mass ACAs devalues ALL cards, not just increases the chance of minis, right?

for what it's worth, I'd been trying for 2 years to get a DR, it was the Angelling and 2 cecils that drew my attention to that

#145 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

Am I allowed to post about thinking econ creep is bad when I post evidence or is it just me trying to solidify my position again, just how I've said this since the start of the server?

of course you're allowed to post your analysis as to why stupidly high unchecked econ is bad.  no one is stopping you.  Even I would agree with you on that.

#146 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

In all honesty oca shouldn't be a means to fund a guild in any server it's a item that's for member rewards even tho Econ crept the state of the market is supply and demand and the loots from forts are not good at all. why can't any of those drops be replaced. Imo the run should never be the stopping point to getting a god item woe1 or 2 the gathering of items should be. There is no incentive or penalties to participate on a even playing field . On a side note doing s lil history on valk server then seals were reduced to 50 when the server population dropped below 2,000 why not now

#147 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

Alright just checking, because I got a lot of flack for it before. Me being power hungry has been one of the recurring themes in the responses to these posts.

I figure putting some numbers out there would help, so that people realize I'm not tolrin trolling.

Having high econ is kind of pointless when you can get god item drops from a zero won.

Edited by Xellie, 06 April 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#148 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:11 PM

Alright just checking, because I got a lot of flak for it before. Me being power hungry has been one of the recurring themes in the responses to these posts.

I figure putting some numbers out there would help, so that people realize I'm not tolrin trolling.

I think there is some misunderstanding here.  Some players don't like you not because of you as a person, but the position you're currently in.  The problem is one side got so far ahead during the race that it snuffed out the competition and is currently making it pointless for anyone else to really have a meaningful way of competing.  The community that remains ensures that it will stay this way until a 3rd party intervention. 

Econ creeping would not be an issue when there are actually enough of a population out there to occupy all the castles to have like 4 or 5 guilds on equal footing all battling at a stalemate but that is not the case.  Mismanagement and poor design choices at the start ruined a fair start for the players, and the current situation will just continue lengthening the gap between the original players and anyone new that wants to start fresh.  Once people realized that they just see no point in sticking around; therefore, the easier and more fun choice for most players would just be to play on a different server with their friends instead of starting the race so far behind.  Classic was not fair from the start and the handicap for new players will just continue snowballing the longer it remains this way.

Also, the people that follow you all typically tend to be just brick walls that believe everything they say and do is absolutely righteous and infallible.  There is no point in debating with them because, what was that saying that keeps getting tossed around? "don't argue with idiots because they'll beat you with experience" or something like that?  Say something objective and we'll always get the same 4 or 5 classic members jumping down our throats about how they are right and we are wrong.  This of course does not reflect upon you personally, but the position you're currently in.

You could be replaced by anyone else, and people would hate that person just as much.   If another guild was in your position people would be hating on them just the same.  The position you're currently in represents everything that went wrong with classic.

#149 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

I think there is some misunderstanding here.  Some players don't like you not because of you as a person, but the position you're currently in.  The problem is one side got so far ahead during the race that it snuffed out the competition and is currently making it pointless for anyone else to really have a meaningful way of competing.  The community that remains ensures that it will stay this way until a 3rd party intervention. 

Econ creeping would not be an issue when there are actually enough of a population out there to occupy all the castles to have like 4 or 5 guilds on equal footing all battling at a stalemate but that is not the case.  Mismanagement and poor design choices at the start ruined a fair start for the players, and the current situation will just continue lengthening the gap between the original players and anyone new that wants to start fresh.  Once people realized that they just see no point in sticking around; therefore, the easier and more fun choice for most players would just be to play on a different server with their friends instead of starting the race so far behind.  Classic was not fair from the start and the handicap for new players will just continue snowballing the longer it remains this way.

Also, the people that follow you all typically tend to be just brick walls that believe everything they say and do is absolutely righteous and infallible.  There is no point in debating with them because, what was that saying that keeps getting tossed around? "don't argue with idiots because they'll beat you with experience" or something like that?  Say something objective and we'll always get the same 4 or 5 classic members jumping down our throats about how they are right and we are wrong.  This of course does not reflect upon you personally, but the position you're currently in.

You could be replaced by anyone else, and people would hate that person just as much.   If another guild was in your position people would be hating on them just the same.  The position you're currently in represents everything that went wrong with classic.

I do understand, but you need to read back over old threads and you'll see that Valhalla and I saw this coming and put forward suggestions to combat it proactively and got completely stomped on by the rest of the community. 

See the roadmap thread and econ reset suggestions.  Here is an example:

http://forums.warppo...-woe-situation/

Imagine this backward over the lifespan of the server, we all started on even ground. But we can't put forward any suggestions to tackle the situations because we know what is coming and everyone else is desperate to catch up.

the current situation will just continue lengthening the gap between the original players and anyone new that wants to start fresh

This so much. This is my message and always has been.

#150 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

Ok, arguing for that econ reset and why it can't just be left to fester.

Everything here was a random take with idk, like ~ 5 people at most, excepting Valfreyja 4 which my 33 man army has been defending against the zergish forces the rest of the server (all 45 of them)

umm. you had a LOT more than 5 people when you took the dusk glow castle from us. you tried the whole bringing a couple of people, but after several unsuccessful attempts of breaking our precast, you brought at least half of your guild to break our precast. the majority of people we had were in that castle defending. if you really did have "only 5" players when you took our castle, we may as well stop woeing, because aurora had 14 players who have decent skill in WoE and are moderately geared. there is literally no point in logging in if a moderately geared medium size guild of 14 people cannot defend a castle from 5 players...talk about a scary power unbalance! unless you're willing to admit that you're being intellectually dishonest (yet again) and you did have in fact way more than 5 players.

that doesn't even get into the fact that i'm fairly certain you recalled in the dusk glow castle at the end when we tried to take it back.

Edited by Ecclesio, 06 April 2015 - 05:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users