[Classic] Future Uncertain - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 17 votes

[Classic] Future Uncertain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
639 replies to this topic

#151 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

umm. you had a LOT more than 5 people when you took the dusk glow castle from us. majority of people we had were in that castle defending. if you really did have "only 5" players when you took our castle, we may as well stop woeing, because aurora had 14 players who have decent skill in WoE and are moderately geared. there is literally no point in logging in if a moderately geared medium size guild of 14 people cannot defend a castle from 5 players...talk about a scary power unbalance! unless you're willing to admit that you're being intellectually dishonest (yet again) and you did have in fact way more than 5 players.

that doesn't even get into the fact that i'm fairly certain you recalled in the dusk glow castle at the end when we tried to take it back.

Well eske'd guardians are stupid.

Tho you are right, I had to recall (to take it from you). For the majority of WoE we defended with 5 people then I sent everyone at the end when aurora tried to take it back.

vf2/vf3 tho, only had ~ 5 people in.

that doesn't even get into the fact that i'm fairly certain you recalled in the dusk glow castle at the end when we tried to take it back.

I didn't, I spent the last few mins of WoE in the hazy castle watching valk try to bait me into recalling.

Edited by Xellie, 06 April 2015 - 05:39 PM.

#152 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

I had a ton of stuff typed up the other day to further that conversation we were having but it appears to have disappeared and I'm far too lazy to retype it or remember what it was even about.

But as for resets, it doesnt actually solve anything. In like two months the exact same problem is going to come up, oh hey i got all this econ without trying very hard better do another reset. Now I'm not saying that resets are dumb and should never happen but if you want to propose a solution to the problem that includes a reset with a focus on stopping the problem long term and includes room for server growth so that if things start to get busy again we're not punished because of changes we forced through as a very small server. This is mostly why we're against resets, we also had our econ at the time which was another reason we were not so interested in having it reset, but obviously that's gone now.

If you can propose an actual solution to the problem rather than just try and keep fixing things with band aids then people would be more interested in hearing you out. Right now most of the problems with the server is the number of players, if we had more guilds you guys would theoretically have someone who could play with you guys on your level, however that's not where things are right now and resetting the econ of forts isnt actually going to solve anything.

Also lol at ACAs, I think we're getting well into the 1500 range and havent seen a single mini card that isnt an Angeling. It's the same thing as when people were angry about guilds having stockpiles of OCAs when the mini cards got inserted. It's really not flooding the server as much as you think, just because you're ballin out of control and are getting all the things it doesnt mean everyone else is.

#153 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:40 PM

I had a ton of stuff typed up the other day to further that conversation we were having but it appears to have disappeared and I'm far too lazy to retype it or remember what it was even about.

But as for resets, it doesnt actually solve anything. In like two months the exact same problem is going to come up, oh hey i got all this econ without trying very hard better do another reset. Now I'm not saying that resets are dumb and should never happen but if you want to propose a solution to the problem that includes a reset with a focus on stopping the problem long term and includes room for server growth so that if things start to get busy again we're not punished because of changes we forced through as a very small server. This is mostly why we're against resets, we also had our econ at the time which was another reason we were not so interested in having it reset, but obviously that's gone now.

If you can propose an actual solution to the problem rather than just try and keep fixing things with band aids then people would be more interested in hearing you out. Right now most of the problems with the server is the number of players, if we had more guilds you guys would theoretically have someone who could play with you guys on your level, however that's not where things are right now and resetting the econ of forts isnt actually going to solve anything.

Also lol at ACAs, I think we're getting well into the 1500 range and havent seen a single mini card that isnt an Angeling. It's the same thing as when people were angry about guilds having stockpiles of OCAs when the mini cards got inserted. It's really not flooding the server as much as you think, just because you're ballin out of control and are getting all the things it doesnt mean everyone else is.

I've gotten countless ARs and that's my first DR in 2 years so I feel you. But the other cards are a thing too. Also Ocas devalued on mvps and castle drops are devalued too.... I'll type more things after this event.

So basically we know the staff can't wipe forts determined on who did or didn't enter, so I think regular wipes with seasoned prizes (say for longest held + keep 100 econ) would motivate some breaking of alt forts. Raising econ lost from 5 to 10 would help a lot too.

I understand the key issue here is population, but this going on when the population is low will hurt the potential ability to bring new people into the woe scene.

However you feel about Valhalla is probably how other dudes starting out feel about valk, or even aurora.

Edited by Xellie, 06 April 2015 - 06:45 PM.

#154 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:42 PM

Well I couldn't solo you because eske'd guardians are stupid.

Tho you are right, I had to recall. For the majority of WoE we defended with 5 people then I sent everyone at the end when aurora tried to take it back.

vf2/vf3 tho, only had ~ 5 people in.

that's not what this is about.

i find it frustrating that you can't be truthful and up front in the beginning and just say that vf2 and vf3 only required 5 people. you brought most of your guild to the dusk glow castle. you said that the rest of the server was zerging you, when in fact almost ALL of aurora was in the dusk glow castle defending...and currently we make up a decent portion of the WoE population?? so not sure who exactly made up the 45 people you're referring to. we went to your econ for a few minutes only after you attacked our castle and left after we realized how pointless it all was.

i think all this boils down to is i feel like you're undermining and downplaying the work that we put forward into that woe and i do not appreciate that. the dusk glow castle was not some empty econ not being defended, an entire guild was there defending and you're making it sound nobody was there and we're expecting econs to be handed to us. that isn't the case.

Edited by Ecclesio, 06 April 2015 - 05:52 PM.

#155 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:45 PM

I do understand, but you need to read back over old threads and you'll see that Valhalla and I saw this coming and put forward suggestions to combat it proactively and got completely stomped on by the rest of the community. 

See the roadmap thread and econ reset suggestions.  Here is an example:

http://forums.warppo...-woe-situation/

Imagine this backward over the lifespan of the server, we all started on even ground. But we can't put forward any suggestions to tackle the situations because we know what is coming and everyone else is desperate to catch up.

This so much. This is my message and always has been.

There is a difference between pointing out the problem, and pointing out the problem and continuing doing the actions that would lead to that problem.

My problem with your guild is that it is pretty hypocritical to point out the problems while being at the point you guys are at right now.  You guys have the players and assets to spam break castles, you did it once back in march so why not keep doing it?  You guys could have done something about excess god items, but failed to do anything about it besides keep talking about it.  From my perspective, it just makes it look like you guys are just all talk while continue to be a part of what is wrong with the server. Any other guild can replace you and they would be met with the exact same hostility from the players that quit.

An econ reset is perfectly within the realms of something a player can do, just break a castle 20 times and the econ is reset.  If management isn't going to do something about the problem and players that are tooting their own horns want something done then they can easily take care of it themselves, but the entire community is choosing to sit back and let things happen. 

It doesn't help that any time anyone brings up suggestions that doesn't revolve around worshiping classic is met with spam and trolls.  No matter what they do to shorten the gap between newbies and oldbies won't matter because the people that left will still see the same players at the top and will still remember why they left.  Along with a few of your 'followers' so adamant about wanting to snuff out the competition as exampled earlier in this thread, it just creates even more animosity between the people that got fed up and quit and the people that stuck around to farm the game.

I'd also like to point out that people asking for a server reset isn't doing so for selfish reasons or the lack of motivation in wanting to play the catch up game.  People are suggesting a server reset because it would be the most fair decision to make for both parties.  Could the idea be more refined and have some sort of hybrid reset and persistent server?  Probably, but a lot of the community don't want to even care about listening to anyone else besides themselves, so a discussion on a better solution will never happen until people on both sides grow up.

#156 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:50 PM

inb4 "HURRDURRR god item saturation isn't a problem, lrn2play and git gud scrub" - generic classic troll #12

And again with this.

Dude, there arn't that many gods on the server, You are again over exaggerating for the purpose of advocating a server wipe. I get it dude, you're pissed there's a bigger guild out there. You're pissed they've got a huge advantage over yourself and your friends, but you need to stop.. "That."

As far as the gap between new and old players? (Multiquoting isn't agreeing with me for some odd reason.) I fully agree. That's just how it goes. Those who are in a position to profit will do so and continue to do so. Many things are not fair, and the gap between new and old will always exist. It's not fair that a select few people playing a select few classes camp mvps and get all the cool stuff, but no one seems to be bitching about that now are they? It's just YOU wanting a server reset so badly because you're pissed off YOU don't have god items.

And let's talk about the balance of RO and how newbies are affected for a second here since you're trying to pull that card. The fact of the matter is that RO has been terribly gear dependent from the start. If you don't have the gear you're not useful, and no one will play with you. That's just the way RO is, hell I've suggested a set of eden like gear for classic for quite a while now, but every time I do I get shot down with "ZOMGZ DEY GET BETTER GERZ THAN I HAVE!! CAN"T SELL SLOTTED MUFFLER NAO!!"

While I fully agree with the fact that others have an advantage over most of the player base, that's just the way ro is, it's been an issue, literally, since the start. The real issue here is the common player, including yourself schia, is a selfish uncaring beast, and there's no way to please anyone. Every effort the GMs make to help the newbies out has been attacked and shot down by the common masses, why? What's their excuse? It breaks down to one of three things, It unbalances the market, it's a huge advantage that they didn't get, or it makes the game too easy. You know what all of these excuses really tell me when I hear them? "I want to be better than everyone else, and I want to be the only one to make a profit." The EXACT same thing I'm hearing from you, and yet you seem to think that you've got some final ro solution that'll just make everything peachy regardless of the fact it'll piss off everyone else and cause them to leave.

Oh, and one more thing. I am not Xellie's "follower" nor am I trying to snuff out the competition. If you had a better idea than server suicide, and had something to say besides "they have -_- I don't" I'd happily listen to you. As is however you're just reiterating the same bull-_- and ignoring the the consequences of what a server reset would do. I've said it repeatedly, everyone would give up and leave with a server reset, and then the server would actually die, instead of just having low numbers.

Edited by ClickClickClick, 06 April 2015 - 06:08 PM.

#157 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:51 PM

i find it frustrating that you can't be truthful and up front in the beginning and just say that vf2 and vf3 only required 5 people. you brought most of your guild to the dusk glow castle. you said that the rest of the server was zerging you, when in fact almost ALL of aurora was in the dusk glow castle defending...and currently we make up a decent portion of the WoE population?? so not sure who exactly made up the 45 people you're referring to. we went to your econ for a few minutes only after you attacked our castle and left after we realized how pointless it all was.

Umm... actually I said we defended it with ~5 people most of WoE, you guys left for Juno and just tried to come back at the end. We didn't even need to TRY to preserve econ; which is what this is about.

Most of WoE that castle was defended by like ... a wizard and didn't have stones.

My problem with your guild is that it is pretty hypocritical to point out the problems while being at the point you guys are at right now.  You guys have the players and assets to spam break castles, you did it once back in march so why not keep doing it?  You guys could have done something about excess god items, but failed to do anything about it besides keep talking about it.  From my perspective, it just makes it look like you guys are just all talk while continue to be a part of what is wrong with the server. Any other guild can replace you and they would be met with the exact same hostility from the players that quit.

We used to recon reset the server a lot in the past. Problem is it's boring, not our job. As players we should be gaining for ourselves, not just trying to save the server economy. (And it has to be done every few weeks)

Likewise we god items... why do you think we only make one at once most of the time and control the seals and prevent double creations when we can? Why do you think I have 10+ asprika sets in storage and don't open okolnir?

WE COULD REK THE SERVER WITH ITEM SPAMMING

But we chose not to.

Edited by Xellie, 06 April 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#158 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

Along with a few of your 'followers' so adamant about wanting to snuff out the competition as exampled earlier in this thread, it just creates even more animosity between the people that got fed up and quit and the people that stuck around to farm the game.

that awkward moment when valhalla members are the ones trying to give new guilds/players legit starting gear to give them something to work with and others guilds think a thara and marc is all you need 2 compete and be good 2 go

#159 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:03 PM

when valhalla are giving away gear in asgard and handing out valk randy drops to newbies for hide n seek

#160 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:07 PM

And let's talk about the balance of RO and how newbies are affected for a second here since you're trying to pull that card. The fact of the matter is that RO has been terribly gear dependent from the start. If you don't have the gear you're not useful, and no one will play with you. That's just the way RO is, hell I've suggested a set of eden like gear for classic for quite a while now, but every time I do I get shot down with "ZOMGZ DEY GET BETTER GERZ THAN I HAVE!! CAN"T SELL SLOTTED MUFFLER NAO!!"

Not entirely true. I much rather (and do) play with experience/smart players then players solely based on their gear alone. Good gears on an inexperienced player is laughable. A player can still be very impactful without crazy gear and some classes don't require amazing gear as is. I think the difference is experienced players can obtain better gear easier because they are well... experienced. That is just my thoughts on it. 

#161 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:07 PM

when valhalla are giving away gear in asgard and handing out valk randy drops to newbies for hide n seek

gee sorry, if i had storages full of valk gears to give out, i'd probably give them out. the new players i give stuff to are going to have to accept 50k zeny and the set of slotted basic gears which i can afford to be giving out often. i'd like to think that my gestures of kindness are appreciated, but judging from your ^_^ post i guess they might not be. whatever.

Edited by Ecclesio, 06 April 2015 - 06:10 PM.

#162 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

gee sorry, if i had storages full of valk gears to give out, i'd probably give them out. the new players i give stuff to are going to have to accept 50k zeny and the set of slotted basic gears which i can afford to be giving out often. i'd like to think that my gestures of kindness are appreciated, but judging from your ^_^ post i guess they might not be. whatever.

If you can explain how that is related to anything.

We're just trying to point out, we are trying to help people, not just crush them.

(p.s: you can come hide n seek and win some too)

#163 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:20 PM

Not entirely true. I much rather (and do) play with experience/smart players then players solely based on their gear alone. Good gears on an inexperienced player is laughable. A player can still be very impactful without crazy gear and some classes don't require amazing gear as is. I think the difference is experienced players can obtain better gear easier because they are well... experienced. That is just my thoughts on it. 

Granted, I was just didn't feel like addressing that issue, but since it's brought up.. A good deal of the player base refuses to help newbies what so ever, imparting no knowledge and offering no help. A lot of people are forgetting this is a hard game, and what knowledge is available tells them nothing of how to play, much less how to play correctly, and that the deters newbies from joining, much less continuing to play. The GMs have, and are trying to address such an issue, but every time they do..? well.. you kinda already quoted me my opinion on the issue.

The player base feels it necessary to alienate the newer players because they what to maintain their superiority, those who play but arn't superior just want to bitch cause they don't want to put in the effort, and all the while new players can't find parties, or people to help them catch up to the geared ones, and as a result we don't have newer players, and what are the consequences? A low population.

But hey.. "DED SERVER IZ DED! RESET!!!!"

Edited by ClickClickClick, 06 April 2015 - 06:22 PM.

#164 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

Granted, I was just didn't feel like addressing that issue, but since it's brought up.. A good deal of the player base refuses to help newbies what so ever, imparting no knowledge and offering no help. A lot of people are forgetting this is a hard game, and what knowledge is available tells them nothing of how to play, much less how to play correctly, and that the deters newbies from joining, much less continuing to play. The GMs have, and are trying to address such an issue, but every time they do..? well.. you kinda already quoted me my opinion on the issue.

The player base feels it necessary to alienate the newer players because they what to maintain their superiority, those who play but arn't superior just want to bitch cause they don't want to put in the effort, and all the while new players can't find parties, or people to help them catch up to the geared ones, and as a result we don't have newer players, and what are the consequences? A low population.

But hey.. "DED SERVER IZ DED! RESET!!!!"

It would be impossible for me to speak for everybody, but from what I have seen there are a LOT of people helping newbies. Xellie pointed out the gear thing. I've seen plenty of people walk people through Janeway. I've seen effort put into helping newer players become knowledgeable on the game. Could they do a better job? Sure, everything could always be "better". RO does have its own learning curve, which can be rather high. You can only read so much and learn so much that way, a large portion of it is A. read about something and B. experience it. 

I just find your post offensive to all of the people who are "maintaining their superiority", because a good number of them are doing their best. It is easy to ignore the issue and write it off as nobody does -_- for new players. You need to embrace the people that do do -_- in game or out of game for others. Not to get too philosophical, but you will always find what your searching for. If your looking for a flaw, you will find it. 

Positive reinforcement to those who do help (which is more then you might think) > saying "a good deal of the player base refuses to help newbies what so ever". I have yet to see a newbie not get help. I do not mean insta party for 24/7 to 99, but help finding a NPC or starting zeny or basic basic gears or explanation of wtf stat points are ect. 

Basically, I find your close minded opinion extremely offensive to those who go out of their way to help. Can improvements be made? Yes. Do a lot of people help with basic things? Yes.

#165 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:54 PM

I just realize I think you misunderstand the context of Zleep and I's posts.

It's about this: http://forums.warppo...asic-woe-gears/

#166 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:55 PM

It would be impossible for me to speak for everybody, but from what I have seen there are a LOT of people helping newbies. Xellie pointed out the gear thing. I've seen plenty of people walk people through Janeway. I've seen effort put into helping newer players become knowledgeable on the game. Could they do a better job? Sure, everything could always be "better". RO does have its own learning curve, which can be rather high. You can only read so much and learn so much that way, a large portion of it is A. read about something and B. experience it. 

I just find your post offensive to all of the people who are "maintaining their superiority", because a good number of them are doing their best. It is easy to ignore the issue and write it off as nobody does -_- for new players. You need to embrace the people that do do -_- in game or out of game for others. Not to get too philosophical, but you will always find what your searching for. If your looking for a flaw, you will find it. 

Positive reinforcement to those who do help (which is more then you might think) > saying "a good deal of the player base refuses to help newbies what so ever". I have yet to see a newbie not get help. I do not mean insta party for 24/7 to 99, but help finding a NPC or starting zeny or basic basic gears or explanation of wtf stat points are ect. 

Basically, I find your close minded opinion extremely offensive to those who go out of their way to help. Can improvements be made? Yes. Do a lot of people help with basic things? Yes.

Eh, true enough.

I've done my fair share of helping newbies too, and I may just be jaded. My own personal starting experiences were less than accommodating. So I'll give you that one.

#167 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:00 PM

i think all this boils down to is i feel like you're undermining and downplaying the work that we put forward into that woe and i do not appreciate that. the dusk glow castle was not some empty econ not being defended, an entire guild was there defending and you're making it sound nobody was there and we're expecting econs to be handed to us. that isn't the case.

I think it's all well and good to tell yourself and your guild that you broke the whole of Valhalla, but when you are in the public forum, you can't be that delusional and expect not to be called out.
This Guy snapped through and recalled on the only standing stone, then you all pushed the cades.
Defenders: 2Hwiz, 1 Scholar (who ME'd our own cades while your champs/etc were on them), 1 LK and 1 SacPally.

But congratulations on your victory lol

#168 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

none of that matters, the fact is that castle was empty from the moment it broke to the moment they returned in the final 5mins. I sent people from all the other forts to go help out, whilst I stayed in vf4 (the most valuable), the other 100 econ was left empty, the 60 econ was left empty. My numbers might not be exact as the only time I went there was to recall once and build cades. I scouted it briefly at the end to see if I needed to recall, but abandoned it in favour of lurking vf4. Don't believe me? There's vods for that. Not that you'd care to see actual evidence demolishing your argument.

And truth be told we could have left vf1 empty till the end and just rolled it over too. Not that it's the most valuable mind you. But Eccelsio is too caught up in politics to admit it was LEFT EMPTY ALL WOE (after we bypassed the guardian precast. I'm retracting advice on how to defend.)

dude whatever, don't get butthurt because we're defending ourselves against someone who ISNT YOU saying all we wanna do is crush the server. I've tried to help and support you and your guild in some ways possible, but right now I'm regretting it.

It's not a contest about who helps out most or anything, it's just the fact that we do. Rather than BURN ALL THE NEWBS.

Edited by Xellie, 06 April 2015 - 07:13 PM.

#169 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Classical Conditioning

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:15 PM

i know the thread you were referring to. my previous point still stands -- it was a crap post and a low blow to everyone (including myself) who does what they can to help new players out. i have 25m zeny spread out on all my characters right now and tend to be pretty slow at making zeny, so as much as i'd like to be dropping sets of valk gears for new people, i dont have the means to. i gave out a fricco's shoes last week, which for me is pretty huge cuz that could have been 2m i could have made. im not really interested in talking to you any further. how do i put people on block on here?

Well then bless you and I hope you keep trying to stay positive. Positive thinking works! We are all trying to help the new players out and I think we should all focus on that and having fun right now. Even if it isn't all WoE. Challenges are fun! Sometimes going into Payon Dungeon as a new gearless archer is what it takes to humble yourself. Xellie leveled the old fashioned way on stream a couple of weeks back. It was pretty entertaining. When I leveled my Hwiz back in December I was making millions farming a horns from goats and believe it or not I was killing geos (because i had forgotten about mercenaries and anubis with a hide clip) and was selling maneater blossoms for millions. Where there's a will, there's a way. That's not a 400+ year old proverb for nothing! =)

#170 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:19 PM

I think it's all well and good to tell yourself and your guild that you broke the whole of Valhalla, but when you are in the public forum, you can't be that delusional and expect not to be called out.
This Guy snapped through and recalled on the only standing stone, then you all pushed the cades.
Defenders: 2Hwiz, 1 Scholar (who ME'd our own cades while your champs/etc were on them), 1 LK and 1 SacPally.

But congratulations on your victory lol

broke the whole of valhalla? o.o i'm not really sure what you're referring to?

also, pretty sure you guys had more than 2 HW, 1 scholar, 1 LK, and 1 sac paladin at the end when we tried to take the castle back if that's what you're referring to.

#171 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for quoting that Motin, since he doesn't want to talk any more, we'll have to let WoE do the talking.

Which is just too bad, since we have had some good discussions in the past. It's a shame he didn't read what I was saying. It's a bad result from a misunderstanding (nobody said they didn't work for the econ, I said WE didn't work for the econs WE had.) but what can I do? If people don't want to see other sides of the story, or have input... then...?

But, because I am feeling generous, I shall provide evidence of what it looked like from our side and tell me if we deserve those multiple econs.

I advise listening to the audio to get the full scope of what is going on. You'll see that I didn't recall etc.

Disclaimer, I have a tendency to blurt out less than polite words when something bad happens.

Edited by Xellie, 06 April 2015 - 07:53 PM.

#172 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:46 PM

Well then bless you and I hope you keep trying to stay positive. Positive thinking works! We are all trying to help the new players out and I think we should all focus on that and having fun right now. Even if it isn't all WoE. Challenges are fun! Sometimes going into Payon Dungeon as a new gearless archer is what it takes to humble yourself. Xellie leveled the old fashioned way on stream a couple of weeks back. It was pretty entertaining. When I leveled my Hwiz back in December I was making millions farming a horns from goats and believe it or not I was killing geos (because i had forgotten about mercenaries and anubis with a hide clip) and was selling maneater blossoms for millions. Where there's a will, there's a way. That's not a 400+ year old proverb for nothing! =)

ehhhh. thank you! i used to be more positive. probably too positive lol. our guild did a noob run last week with no TIs, fencers, or BMs and it was a lot of fun. i think next time we're going to do a run with absolutely no gears or zeny from our main accounts as we used fishes and low level gears from our mains. i think at this point though i've accepted that the server's future does not look good. i think it was something that for a long time i didn't want to admit :/ you know? and i dont mean to rain on your parade, but there has to be a will in the right people who can actually enact change for there to be a way at this point imo (and in this case the people with the power to enact change are the CM's).

Edited by Ecclesio, 06 April 2015 - 07:50 PM.

#173 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

You've killed my will to give any consideration to small guilds tho, you're so goddamn rude to me over not understanding something. You don't even TRY to read where I corrected myself.

No wonder nobody can get along on this server.

p.s: Go ahead Schia, I await your judgement. Since I'm about to "crush the life out of a "small guild" ".

Edited by Xellie, 06 April 2015 - 08:15 PM.

#174 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:29 PM

You've killed my will to give any consideration to small guilds tho, you're so goddamn rude to me over not understanding something. You don't even TRY to read where I corrected myself.

No wonder nobody can get along on this server.

p.s: Go ahead Schia, I await your judgement. Since I'm about to "crush the life out of a "small guild" ".

don't need to judge when actions will speak for themselves.  Honestly by all means you have the right to steam roll guilds, just bear in mind that repeatedly doing so would make woe boring as hell for you and your guild.  If you're not having fun in woe then you've lost the game.  If you don't have fun then the game becomes just a job where you don't get paid to do it, so what would be the point?  I know i wouldn't attend woe if it was boring, and i'm sure a lot of your guild members would say the same.

This is a game, the #1 objective for anything is to have fun.  I stopped having fun in classic so i quit.  I loved the time i spent there when my friends stuck around, but after they all quit it wasn't fun anymore.  If you want to stop having fun then go for it.  Feel free to stop by renewal when you get bored of classic.  Funny thing is i'm actually pretty certain we'd get along pretty well when you do.

If I was in your shoes I would go all out.  I would attempt to take over all woe 2 castles.  I would save up all the loot from all the castles, and at the end of the week stream the complete list of stuff i picked up and all the cards received from the oca/aca.  It'd be fun to do just once.  It would also send a pretty clear message to the management because i honestly don't think they takes the players seriously.  Afterwards, i would purge all the members that wants to do it again, because i wouldn't want those types of people representing me.

#175 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:36 PM

Ya okay we don't think so differently.

I've been pretty nice to Ecclesio's guild. They had an econned meg castle and we'd fight them for it but not raid it. Giving a little hope I guess. We've ignored their WoE 2 econs up until today (I have an affection for vf1, but I've told them before about that) and really to be repaid with such rudeness makes me realize I don't owe these people any more consideration than I owe the GMs me doing the job of making sure their server doesn't get inflated and saturated beyond saving.

Maybe they'll get mad and merge up and learn to fight Valhalla. Who knows. I plan to stream the OCAs anyway and I'm recording all my loot this week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users