[Important] Compensation for the Database Issue (4/11 - 4/12) - Page 3 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Important] Compensation for the Database Issue (4/11 - 4/12)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
277 replies to this topic

#51 meonggg

meonggg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:bluemoon

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

all im gone, very well..

#52 jmanthebig31

jmanthebig31

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:56 AM

I have 3 simple request for compensation and I hope others can agree with me to have it implemented 

1. A gasha that could possible contain

•  2 W coins
  •  3 Galaxia coins
  •  1 90% xp pots
  •  3 Zodiac admission tickets
  •  100 Perfect Hunches
  • and Various other stuff that the community can decide

This would be great for those who lost important pos gear or solar/lunar/stella rings and the w coin could be a added bonus since we haven't seen to many w-coin events 

2. Bring back cookie factory since its a faster way to lvl for those who lost their high level characters in the 2 weeks span

3. My finally request would be something similar to the gasha that contained protection of spirits and basics  for those who lost their keys this would be a faster way to get them back the gasha could possible contain

• 4 protection of spirits
  • or 4 of any random basic

Thank you for reading my request 

sincerly~

a 09 player from the old days

#53 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:57 AM

I know everyone of you is upset and disappointed. So am I being a player, too.

But it's also not WP's fault, because what happened was totally unpredictiable and should not have happend like it has theoretically.

Now we have learned the hard way that impossible things can happen sometimes.

We have guard systems to prevent such things to happen, but we now see, it was not enough. And as the producer said in his statement they will do their very best that such thing will not occur again.

Sadly, it is not possible for us to recover items and gold. If this would have been possible, no rollback would have been needed.

I know many of you are near to quit now. And I can understand your anger. I know you made much effort during the last 2 weeks. But we can complain and rant how much we want, it can't be changed sadly. You can believe me if I tell you that the WP staff and the producer is really sad that they couldn't prevent this rollback. And you have the right to be angry and upset about the whole situation. But please - before you rage quit - think twice. Cosult your pillow before you react and ask yourself why you play Dragon Saga. If you then decide to quit, I'm not able to hold you. But I can tell you personally, I am sad about everyone who quits. And I hope we are a great community which can come through this bad happening together.

Thank you!

I stay.

Hello DS  it's me - challenge accepted. 

I've once started with 0 on here and if needed I will do it again. 

If it's only Hippo, me and his elf ears again - so be it.

This game is my second home and I'm not willing to give anything of this simply up. I love it, I do care for it and sometimes it is the only place in the world that is able to cheer me up.

I don't care of compensation, not at all. Not important to me, not at all.

The last official sever is back online - that is all that matters to me.

(Actually I had the thought that this ^ would matter to at least some of you in the same amount as it does for me.)

Okay DS, I'm here and playing and I will fight for every single thing I can farm back in the game. Every, single, little, thing.

You hear me?!

You won't get me down.

Challenge Accepted.

#54 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:57 AM

I know many of you are near to quit now. And I can understand your anger. I know you made much effort during the last 2 weeks. But we can complain and rant how much we want, it can't be changed sadly. You can believe me if I tell you that the WP staff and the producer is really sad that they couldn't prevent this rollback. And you have the right to be angry and upset about the whole situation. But please - before you rage quit - think twice. Cosult your pillow before you react and ask yourself why you play Dragon Saga.

No talking to my pillow today or tomorrow, or the days after this ; s**t happened, let's carry on.

If people feel the need to quit for 2 weeks when they've actually spent months on this game... C'mon, this is stupid. Why would anyone here have joined this server overseas to start from 0 again, and now quit because of two "lost" weeks ?

One more thing : it isn't always someone's fault. You can do everything you want to prevent the odds and minimize their effect, a tossed coin will always land on its tail at some point.

You can even try and compare WP's team to any other MMO producer : anyone here remembering of Gpotato ? Or having played a game owned by Aeria ? We're lucky to at least have a team working hard, both for taking over development (another reason to stay) and answer players' needs and questions.

Now have a little use of your brain and play ; this is what you signed in for in the first place.

#55 Acery

Acery

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

Popcorn , i would like to suggest x5 or more RIS drop per day after staying 15minutes . 

#56 Aizuciss

Aizuciss

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:05 AM

At this point I don't care much about lvl and items... Let's say I'll restart like a brand new player... I just want my IM items and my Item Mall points. That's all. That's real money put in this game. Everything else is virtual data, and it can be done again. But real money won't come back.

#57 Brian26

Brian26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

I think that the Jump start at some level higher than 40 is good.. or maybe inventory expansions, the inventories shrunk to like half after the THQ transition to warpportal. ORRRRR a W-coin event <3

EDIT: Do i still get my prize for the forum event again? lol

Edited by Brian26, 12 April 2015 - 10:16 AM.

#58 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:16 AM

I think that the Jump start at some level higher than 40 is good.. or maybe inventory expansions, the inventories shrunk to like half after the THQ transition to warpportal

EDIT: Do i still get my prize for the forum event again? lol

I will gather all your suggestions and forward them by tomorrow.

The shrunken inventories btw had nothing to do with WarpPortal, it was intended by the Korean developers. We at EU had also shrunken inventories after a specific game update.

As for the forum event prizes, surely I will care about them, too.

#59 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

At this point I don't care much about lvl and items... Let's say I'll restart like a brand new player... I just want my IM items and my Item Mall points. That's all. That's real money put in this game. Everything else is virtual data, and it can be done again. But real money won't come back.

I don't know exactly how the refund will work. But I have been informed that IM points will be refunded. It seems due to the nature of this issue, everything IM related will be refunden in IM points.

#60 ThDDD

ThDDD

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:20 AM

I don't request anything special, only the whole content of the game. Dangerous Cavers Mission map (Ahtoo) is not avaible right now, maybe some others are not.

It says "Returned back since there is no response from the server".

Please fix it.
Best regards.

Edited by ThDDD, 12 April 2015 - 10:20 AM.

#61 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

I don't request anything special, only the whole content of the game. Dangerous Cavers Mission map (Ahtoo) is not avaible right now, maybe some others are not.

Please fix it.
Best regards.

I will forward this immediately to the staff.

#62 Aizuciss

Aizuciss

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:24 AM

I don't know exactly how the refund will work. But I have been informed that IM points will be refunded. It seems due to the nature of this issue, everything IM related will be refunden in IM points.

The IM points go to the account, right? Regardless of what character had the IM items...

I ask because of the characters I lost.

#63 Blossom333

Blossom333

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

Well, this game sure brings back some good memories from Dragonica by Gravity and so now WP wanna create a good memories by doing some rollback ? im not playing from d first day of DS came out but i install this game for d sake of d memories i had and d only impression you (WP) gave me is not worthy to continue playing. i just created for less than a week and i spent few hundred USD as support and im a hardcore player. 8days of grinding from lv1 to 62, doing all d quest and stuff. In d end, first thing i need to do when i opened my account is that i need to create a new character. I guess ur bad management will lead ur game down with u. I can assure u this rollback could lead to massive uninstallation of DS and d only people staying around is d old players who played from start. Once again, if u guys foreseen this matter earlier, things wont be getting this ugly. I am playing this with over 100 friends and some of them are veteran players and i do believe we spent over usd500 per month each of us and we're quitting this game and not compensation can hold us. Sorry to say that although we're blaming on d management team for this matters but i just hope u guys do a better job in d future.

#64 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

Yes they will be added to the WarpPortal account.

#65 ScrambledCraig

ScrambledCraig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:30 AM

Who cares about w-coins :c Souls plox

#66 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:31 AM

Please fix it.
Best regards.

Should be fixed.

#67 lukas3006

lukas3006

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:35 AM

Wtf?
I've lost more than 60 playhours and one character.

This cant be real?

I finally decided to play Dragon Saga after 3 years again, and now this -_- is gonna make me crazy.

Staffs actually cant deal with real choices and I have lost so much "constructive" time of my life because of a fail of Admins? You serious?

I'll quit again, this game is dead.

See you in a next good game ;)

#68 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

Like many of these players I've lost an immense amount of gold and items but they are dwarfed in comparison by the amount of time lost investing in this game due to the recent rollback. 

However, this alone isn't enough to make me quit.

Many of these players have dealt with server closures from their respective regions and I for one think that majority of these dedicated people are open minded enough to agree that yes, events happen due to unforeseen circumstances which lead to inevitable and dire decisions to be made by Dragon Saga's respective parties. 

I personally do not harbor any hate or resentment because I know the Dragon Saga team will do their utmost best to please and appease the community. 

Possible compensation:

10x experience for 1 week

7x drop rate for 1 week

*release of the modified lucifer's set*

#69 falcoford

falcoford

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

Don't you mean release the socketable Ragged SET?

#70 godzylla3

godzylla3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:58 AM

They need to figure something out because I just noticed not only is the Insurance I had gone, my Soul Craft is gone, as well as all the soul I had at that time I had stacks of soul before I used it to up my gear and yet it is not back nor the insurance I had at that time!

#71 CharmanderIAH

CharmanderIAH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:58 AM

mail items that were returned during the two weeks cannot be retrieved so they will be lost forever. 

things that run on timers, shop, pets, account vault etc also lost

the 6* element cards over 1000 runs of dungeon lost forever

40 levels+ gained lost forever

IM I had before the rollback, some reason isn't returned.

sets that were in the IM don't exist anymore so we can't get the items back

the solar rings from f6 runs gone

half a month rollback is a terrible.

it's like you did a research project for 2 weeks without saving the files.

how the heck does a company screw that up?

the compensation isn't enough considering the items are all gainable whereas certain items like these take way more time and energy to get back.

6* cards?

Solar Rings?

just refunding IM is not worth it.

Edited by CharmanderIAH, 12 April 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#72 godzylla3

godzylla3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

I have 3 simple request for compensation and I hope others can agree with me to have it implemented 

1. A gasha that could possible contain

•  2 W coins
  •  3 Galaxia coins
  •  1 90% xp pots
  •  3 Zodiac admission tickets
  •  100 Perfect Hunches
  • and Various other stuff that the community can decide

This would be great for those who lost important pos gear or solar/lunar/stella rings and the w coin could be a added bonus since we haven't seen to many w-coin events 

2. Bring back cookie factory since its a faster way to lvl for those who lost their high level characters in the 2 weeks span

3. My finally request would be something similar to the gasha that contained protection of spirits and basics  for those who lost their keys this would be a faster way to get them back the gasha could possible contain

• 4 protection of spirits
  • or 4 of any random basic

Thank you for reading my request 

sincerly~

a 09 player from the old days

Don't forget soul 

#73 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:02 AM

Like many of these players I've lost an immense amount of gold and items but they are dwarfed in comparison by the amount of time lost investing in this game due to the recent rollback. 

However, this alone isn't enough to make me quit.

Many of these players have dealt with server closures from their respective regions and I for one think that majority of these dedicated people are open minded enough to agree that yes, events happen due to unforeseen circumstances which lead to inevitable and dire decisions to be made by Dragon Saga's respective parties. 

I personally do not harbor any hate or resentment because I know the Dragon Saga team will do their utmost best to please and appease the community. 

Possible compensation:

10x experience for 1 week

7x drop rate for 1 week

*release of the modified lucifer's set*

This.

This is a good compensation plan because it addresses the loss levels and time issue. People can recover their loss levels in this amount of time and probably even overshoot their original achievements. I'm sure something like 10.0x exp for 1 week or so is far more greater worth than 3.0x exp for 3 weeks. I wouldn't want to spend another 2 weeks getting 1-80 vs doing that in a few days. Also less complicated than a character jump event. Since I'm sure some people would like to level up their current characters and not make a whole new one.

7x drop rate addresses the loss in items who people spent hours upon hours farming. This also opens up the possibility of getting more than originally achieved.

I am intrigued by the "modified" lucifer's set. Pretty sure it won't be groundbreaking like ero's set but if they do release it and it's what I'm thinking of, people who quit cause of some petty issue is gonna miss out. But then again their value of special sets may be different from mine.

#74 xfirebrandx

xfirebrandx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

Give a Hastur's Soul Collection box to evry character lvl 40 + or 50+ ...

better would be 40, because those who were 50+ are now 40+ XD

Edited by xfirebrandx, 12 April 2015 - 11:16 AM.

#75 AdamTheXx

AdamTheXx

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

Mr. Popcorn, I would like to suggest a high drop rate increase for the time being. I've spent countless hours each day for about 5-7 days (while managing school and work) trying to hunt Devil Soul Stones and increasing my achievement points trying to do the PVE way of advancing to 3rd job. I think it's fair to increase the drop as I will be pouring more time into obtaining these items again IN ADDITION to the time I've already put in to get the first batch that ultimately got erased because of hardware malfunction.

That's just my contribution. Hope this gets seen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users