Thor General Bug Thread - Page 27 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Thor General Bug Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1110 replies to this topic

#651 Khitten

Khitten

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:57 AM

Why not create an option that will totally unequipped all our items? you can put it in our WP account, I think this will temporarily solved the sprite errors and sudden disconnection in the select screen.

#652 kenji017

kenji017

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

hi sir oda,how about out gympass..enlarge weight limit...we have our knife and cotton shirt and our ewl is gone..

#653 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

@ Oda, Sir how about characters that are getting disconnected once you log in the game are there any work around that we can do?

Please post in this thread http://forums.warppo...report-station/

with as much information as you can and we'll work on getting those issues cleared as soon as we can. 

#654 LloydKnight

LloydKnight

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:06 AM

Hello Oda, I just want to report this to you personally. I tried equipping the Unknown Items in my storage to see which is which because I noticed that my swordsman is still equipped with the Unknown Item and the sprite is still there including the upgrade. The upgrade still adds up on my defense but the special attributes do not. My major concern here is that, there's this one Unknown Item that I equipped and It force closed my Client just like in my 2/10 set of characters in my main account. Now, both my 1/10 and 2/10 can't be accessed in the character selection. I don't know if some here experiences this and..... that's about it. :) I hope you look in to it. Thank you. :)

Edited by LloydKnight, 25 April 2015 - 10:07 AM.

#655 Khitten

Khitten

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

Hello Oda, I just want to report this to you personally. I tried equipping the Unknown Items in my storage to see which is which because I noticed that my swordsman is still equipped with the Unknown Item and sprite is still there including the upgrade. The upgrade still adds up on my defense but the special attributes do not. My major concern here is that, there's this one Unknown Item that I equipped and It force closed my Client just like in my 2/10 set of characters in my main account. Now, both my 1/10 and 2/10 can't be accessed in the character selection. I don't know if some here experiences and that's about it. :) I hope you look in to it. Thank you. :)

Same here. I experimented on the unknown items. Equipping the items will give you sprite errors but if you click Alt+Q (viewing your equipped items) you will be disconnected and now you cannot also go to character selection screen since the game crashes immediately.

#656 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

Such an ungrateful person.... Doesn't matter? well then what if the merger didn't even happen in the first place? say goodbye to your "hard-earned" gods and boss cards. You were all lucky this option was available in the first place and its not as if this was intentional anyways! 

Wag kang papansin pre.

Exactly the reason why I have been telling ya guys to stay reasonable and ask nicely.

True it is their responsibility to take care of us but we need to keep in mind they are giving us a favor.

A favor that LU! / pRO would care less by now. WP recieving not the latest data already left us dismayed me but we won't be able to do anything about it right now.

All we can do is hope for a sound resolution . I still root on data resubmission but I guess it can't really be an option people are upset about what happened.

Please , let's stay put until the resolution is announced. Pretty much there should be something left to scrape out (unless the inventory got wiped too. Hope not :wah:)

Furthermore , I see ripple effect if this remain unresolved or solution itself is unsatisfactory

Attrition : People will likely quit . Expecting 80% of the population that migrated won't play or opt for Chaos for the very least if not other private servers

Imbalance :  If players retained high upgrade equipments or not affected by wipe at all apart from Gods and MVPs , Elitism will be rampant

Broken Economy : Since there will be a high percentage that migrated items will be hoarded due to the fact that not all items that was supposed to be carried over didn't make it ,  zenny may once again lose value as people will resort to RMT in one way or another.

Trolls : People will do things that will ruin the game by trolling . It's minor but it can be annoying . Vengeance and Crab mentality will be the primary motive.

I know that I am not a known Player within all servers but ranting with everybody won't do us any good either so please take this frustration into a more positive curve. Remeber that our Main hope for Thor is a better place to play with.

Edited by Lazaruce, 25 April 2015 - 11:29 AM.

#657 IamTheGreat

IamTheGreat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I Belong
  • Server:Ancient Chaos

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:38 AM

sir ODA, what are our solutions on missing chars? i migrated the moment the migration page was on, it went smoothly... then got the newsletter confirmation on my migration email add.... 

#658 LloydKnight

LloydKnight

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

As for the latest data from pRO, I know this may sound odd because some players experienced a rollback but I think my characters were positioned as where I left them and the Evil Druid Card that I bought from a vend before NC shuts down still remained in my inventory. 5 of my characters suffered from the cottonshirtXknife combo but my Royal Guard did not and that's the character I used to buy the card. Strange eh?

#659 b4bads

b4bads

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:51 AM

^True. I just reached 150/50 for my Mechanic before the server closes.  But now he is back on level 148/49.

#660 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

well, economy is already ruined since there's already billions of zeny from other users. seems like the items that can be sold for a high price stayed in large quantities for those who didnt experience the wipeout.

#661 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

I wasn't really expecting that. I hope for another rollback and a decrease on those stacks but it would make more people angry if those are the only stuff that survived "The Fall"

Guyaks even worked when they said it won't :omg:

Guyak for the win! :no1: Let us keep them please. We won't sell them since they are so useful

#662 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:19 AM

According to the interview stream, the corrupted data was attributed to certain items. Wouldn't that put the blame on Level Up! since that's where the corrupted items originated?

#663 TigerCub92

TigerCub92

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Location14.5674081 / 121.04628999999998

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:43 AM

Issue with Eden Group. Quest Boards not giving out quests:

Spoiler

#664 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:52 AM

bugs if anyone cares,

- eden boards can't be used even if youre already joined. looks like the eden marks are not being recognized since they're different. ( i tried it on my 150/50 sura which has the old pRO eden mark and he can do the 91-99 board quests even without registering )

- the spotlight maps ( right now still on juno ) and the turn ins are a week behind. we still have banshee and lichterns on high ti. shinobi and anopheles on low ti.

#665 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

According to the interview stream, the corrupted data was attributed to certain items. Wouldn't that put the blame on Level Up! since that's where the corrupted items originated?

If it was LU! then it would make more sense but the rebuttal that most can see is that I only affected mostly on "MAIN" characters holding the key gears like Gods and MVP. People may suspect something else happened during the wipe that led to the scenario as of now.

There are alot of questions and I am confident that will be addressed asap.

Technical Stuff like the DCs and and sprite errors

Skill Problems ( My RG has Charged attack! :omg:)

Resolution to the Fallen (I'm one of them)

Wiping problems (Hole was big enough to slip a lot 'o stuff)

A friend of mine is now at 5/100 chance of playing again since only 1 character across all 3 accounts that survived. Just imagine if he had well geared character with +11 upgrade with HBP on each...wiped out like that...Anybody will be depressed and dismayed.

Anyhow , what's done is done and we look forward for something nice.

Oda, Surprise us :D

Edited by Lazaruce, 25 April 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#666 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

Just a reminder, the fallen 500 who lost there items were mostly the riches and top characters in the server and you will only be giving starter packs :( that would be very disappointing. Please reconsider a rollback mr oda

#667 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

bugs if anyone cares,

- eden boards can't be used even if youre already joined. looks like the eden marks are not being recognized since they're different. ( i tried it on my 150/50 sura which has the old pRO eden mark and he can do the 91-99 board quests even without registering )

does it work if you re-register w/ the eden group npc so you get the new eden mark?

#668 arrowspear

arrowspear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

I lost most of my Ranger gears including WARG FLUTE, gympass skill, 2 Hiding Sound Amplifier, +12 White Wing Suit, +12 Giant Crossbow[2] and +12 Vellum Crossbow. I have 2 Bravery Bag and now I got one. Unslotted RWC 2010 where it suppose to be just slotted RWC 2010 headgear. Items that have identical upgrade and name, you've deleted all of those and replace one slotted version. I purchased most of those gears with real money and this wasn't what LU promised when they told us about the migration.  :wall:

Edited by arrowspear, 26 April 2015 - 08:35 PM.

#669 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:44 PM

does it work if you re-register w/ the eden group npc so you get the new eden mark?

nope, the one that's working is the old one, the new one is not working. maybe they are still using the pRO files that's why the old one is working. they need to add the new one in the data. so the new characters that just registered in eden could not do the board quests.

#670 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

Gym pass skill can be bought back using Ripped Callus in Payon, try that first.

#671 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:54 PM

For the Fallen , Most of the data cannot be read properly and I hope we won't resort for deleting them because it would break our hearts more than what we have right now . Although, it might be a good idea to do Character insertion like what they did back in pRO for Another game to RO due to closure for migration process. 

They previously Offered Any Character of Choice with Max Base and Job (150/50) With +11 Glorious Set

We already have characters migrated but it if would come to a point that characters need to be replaced then I am willing to undergo that since it would cause issues here and there and it seemed that we can't continue with existing quests plus our EWL went down the drain. If the corruption affected our characters in the process we may lose more but I hope not.

Still , if they can offer re-insertion , I'm up for it.

#672 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

They previously Offered Any Character of Choice with Max Base and Job (150/50) With +11 Glorious Set

Not sure if they will even consider this, never happened before in the history of iRO (unless I missed something)

Maybe a normal glorious set but not +11 

#673 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

Not sure if they will even consider this, never happened before in the history of iRO (unless I missed something)

Maybe a normal glorious set but not +11

And we wont be happy about it too because what we lost was like +13 and up

#674 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

it was already prestated that all gears above +12 would be downgraded to +12. however there are reports of people who have equips with refines much higher than that on Thor so I dunno what WP is doing.

#675 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

There are some gears over +12 in Thor becase WP wants Chaos to have some fun in WoE when Chaos and Thor merge.

Current WoE, with all MVPs and Gods, it is getting boring. We need more more OP and broken gears :p_devil: :p_err:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users