Soul Hunter, Defiler and Dominator - Details Preview - Page 2 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Soul Hunter, Defiler and Dominator - Details Preview

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#26 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Nova

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:45 AM

I think you need to give more info on this Reaper

In your initial post it sounds like its a seperate attack and when it crits then we get the pet. Is this or is this not the case? Because adding a new crit mechanic for this game would be cool, i just dont know if summoning a whole new pet with it would work well (knowing you guys no offense)

based on the description, it is an attack skill at 20m range

when you crit you summon the reaper which lasts for a short period of time and smacks the crap out of the enemy

sounds interesting, the cooldown should be around the same as the duration of the summon

most lvl 90 players are running 100% crit so perma summon

doesn't work too well for lower level players or non-cashers

#27 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts
  • LocationGravity Interactive, Buena Park, California
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:47 AM

I think you need to give more info on this Reaper

In your initial post it sounds like its a seperate attack and when it crits then we get the pet. Is this or is this not the case? Because adding a new crit mechanic for this game would be cool, i just dont know if summoning a whole new pet with it would work well (knowing you guys no offense)

Well, it only seems like a new mechanic because it has never been used to activate a skill that summons an NPC pet, and FYI this skills technical work took me a long time to get right.

You guys got it right though. It is a spell type attack that deals a good amount of Curse Property Damage and then if you got a critical hit it summons the Reaper.

#28 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:52 AM

based on the description, it is an attack skill at 20m range

when you crit you summon the reaper which lasts for a short period of time and smacks the crap out of the enemy

sounds interesting, the cooldown should be around the same as the duration of the summon

most lvl 90 players are running 100% crit so perma summon

doesn't work too well for lower level players or non-cashers

I plan for this Summoned NPC Pet duration to never exceed the cooldown. Dominators will not be able to maintain this pet constantly. However, the gap between the cooldown and the duration decreases the higher the skill level.

#29 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:59 AM

Ennon will max at 77 again?Lol Relapse wound, add dot? combine both domi buffs or make them stronger? that long range defense passive seems useless, add short too.

And pls, move binding soul to soul hunter like S1!

#30 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:00 AM

Oh, and of course I have read the suggestions thread. Basically, the ideas there are so various and so in conflict with one and another it is hard to get a general assessment. One post says make Attack of Curse awesome by adding this and that to it but then the next post says remove Attack of the Curse because it is pointless.

Nevertheless, I have read most, if not all of it and suggest you link to the post where it was suggested when we are talking about a subject in this thread. It is also true, we did not implement most of the suggestions of course, but about half of the changes were actually made based on feedback I read.

#31 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:00 AM

why the long range def buffs and DEX debuffs? Long range physical classes have already really low damage. Every defiler I see goes on long killing streaks of at least 10 kills per death and you guys are calling this new instant cast leach skill weak? In my opinion, Defiler does not need much of an upgrade as it is already really powerful..

#32 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

Ennon will max at 77 again?Lol Relapse wound, add dot? combine both domi buffs or make them stronger? that long range defense passive seems useless, add short too.

And pls, move binding soul to soul hunter like S1!

Considering adding Short Range Defense too.

Definately taking a look at the current Pet stats for Dominator, keep in mind these changes posted here are only to the skills, we have not yet posted additional balance changes to NPC, items, or class stats.

#33 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:03 AM

Nvm. 

Edited by Kazara, 15 May 2015 - 08:03 AM.

#34 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:03 AM

Can you look into Vampiric Touch DNA please. That skill requires 30 DNA to be good. Can you please merge together Cooldown + Cast time DNA? Or make the skill instant cast without the DNA. Or have it naturally have 15 sec cooldown?

As for Attack of Curse

Here is my suggestion. Keep it at 30M range, but give it a 50% chance to heal. I think that will balance it?

Helium this ^

And also same thing couple of other people said

Consider moving Binding Soul to Soul hunter tree instead of defiler only

And as for the Attack of Curse comments. Yes people wanted it removed because the animation is too long and the dmg is quite crappy. So the choice was either to remove or to improve. Your improvement was great. But Slightly OP. Please consider making it 50% or 75% chance to heal with 25m range

#35 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:05 AM

MOVE ATTACK OF CURSE TO DOMI, 50% curse debuff, domi curse master, would be amazing xD

Give back bloody arrow 1 sec cd!!!! why we have a so slow animation and less range than other classes base attack?

#36 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:05 AM

why the long range def buffs and DEX debuffs? Long range physical classes have already really low damage. Every defiler I see goes on long killing streaks of at least 10 kills per death and you guys are calling this new instant cast leach skill weak? In my opinion, Defiler does not need much of an upgrade as it is already really powerful..

Indeed, Dominator has been the Job more in need of strengthening and it is true that things like Long Range buff and attack speed and DEX debuff are better for the Dominator rather than for the Defiler but that was intended.

#37 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

Partially agree.

Not all defiler have these kills streaks. Mostly either hackers or fully op geared. And that doesn't compare to mystics still

I do agree that the LRD buff and the dex debuff is a bit useless

And I agree that keeping the leach the way it is, is OP. And it should be nerfed.

#38 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

Soul Shield lvl 10 77 defense debuff is a joke! with all this MP (kruxena base main stats are INT and MIND, especially MIND), I would like to see a weak  MP shield like radiant.

#39 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:10 AM

Regarding the Ennon. I am thinking a complete repurposing of this Summoned NPC. I am curious, since the healing abilities of Summoned NPC do not seem to work, what other abilities would Dominators from an NPC Pet besides heals?

#40 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:10 AM

The skill that heal a summon, maybe make it AOE? no1 use it, since u can just re-summon full hp. also make summons only 30 min, to kill afk domis ;D

#41 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:12 AM

Regarding the Ennon. I am thinking a complete repurposing of this Summoned NPC. I am curious, since the healing abilities of Summoned NPC do not seem to work, what other abilities would Dominators from an NPC Pet besides heals?

Curse debuff for the target it is hitting. Nothing huge though. 20-25% at lvl 10

Soul Shield lvl 10 77 defense debuff is a joke! with all this MP (kruxena base main stats are INT and MIND, especially MIND), I would like to see a weak  MP shield like radiant.

Would be interesting. Maybe instead of 100% dmg absorption it can have 2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18-20% of damage taken is absorbed into mana

#42 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

Ennon works, but max at 77, bad stats and fast die at 90.

I would like to see a pet that buff me with a shield that absorb some damage, or some other good buff....

Lenatore/Nastech both useless, give lena a skill, and nastech that fire skill should do more dmg.

#43 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:15 AM

Oh, another thing, give pets 10% of domi weap base damage, would be interesting also, many other games the summons are stronger with better gears.

#44 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:38 AM

doesn't compare to mystics still

Before this update mystics were a bit more powerful because of their healing totem, and instant cast heals, now Defiler has 3 heals

-Vamp touch 10 second cd

-Curse "Almost spammable"

-Binding Soul 23 sec cd

I'd say Defilers are comparable to mystics now

Keep in mind that Dominator has to be just as good as Defiler so that one class is not more "OP"

Edited by explicid17, 15 May 2015 - 08:38 AM.

#45 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

Oh, another thing, give pets 10% of domi weap base damage, would be interesting also, many other games the summons are stronger with better gears.

Hmm, I will talk with our Programmer to see if it is possible to add a mechanic like this, I would like that option for Pet stats.

#46 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

The skill that heal a summon, maybe make it AOE? no1 use it, since u can just re-summon full hp. also make summons only 30 min, to kill afk domis ;D

I will consider this after I test to see if it can be possible currently. I would likely add a new DNA that would make the skill target increasing multiple targets.

#47 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:45 AM

I think reaper should have higher dmg and less defense....since is a short duration pet that dmg isn t good, and can we know if it has some skill or just AA?

#48 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:52 AM

Hey Helium, can't PM ya.... Not to change the subject, but ive been having a problem with support and wonder if you could take a look at it. Has to do with this THREAD http://forums.warppo...est-gear-icons/ Anything you can do would be great...

Craftwise

#49 Spud

Spud

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:25 AM

This is looking better. Thanks for the clarification on Reaper, im sure it took a bit to get right so cant wait to see it

Id agree with making AoC 50% heal since its spammable, dont want to be too OP.
Dont make pets based off user wep, this will encourage the use of knucks further, instead just a general 50% or so boost to pets is fine (right now on 0 def each pet is about 300-500 dmg so it would be nice to see maybe 500-750 per pet on 0 def so they can be competitive with mall whores)

I cant link to it specifically right this moment but giving lenny or nastech some form of AoE and/or a DoT would be clutch. And yes as mentioned a curse debuff would be cool too from the pets

#50 zombi3

zombi3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:31 AM

Summoned Pets for Dominator should have they're stats(Attack, Defense, Critical Chance, Critical Additional Damage, STR, DEX, etc.) affected by the player's stats instead of being static.(same for all summoned pets except avenger, since it's a monster with predetermined stats.)

Give Dominator a Pet Attack buff that lasts for 10 seconds(60sec cooldown), which doubles the attack power of each pet.

Make Summoned Monster Lesser Heal More effective.

Give Lithyfing Fog a Short Range Defense bonus when used.

Stealing Mana, move it to defilers skill tree,change it's dmg dealt to this.
Stealing Mana : Absorbs 90% of players Mana, and reduces they're MP Recovery by 100% for 15 seconds.

Attack of Curse : 15 Meter Range

All other changes seem good.

Edited by zombi3, 15 May 2015 - 09:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users