#26 RenKasha

RenKasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:37 PM

2nd Anniversary event extended until June 15th’s maintenance.

awesome some people i know were so close to costume but needed one more day glad they did extend it. also i may sound like a broken record but any info at all on whats inside the Event Random Box II?..... 

#27 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:43 PM

awesome some people i know were so close to costume but needed one more day glad they did extend it. also i may sound like a broken record but any info at all on whats inside the Event Random Box II?..... 

Arbalist and someone else already replied to that question.

#28 Sirceye

Sirceye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:08 PM

it didnt say in the patchnotes but the june lucky boxes includes a ro1 ninja male or female on it

#29 Light91

Light91

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:18 PM

Fix the dungeon bug please!

http://forums.warppo...nout-a-dungeon/

#30 Glukos

Glukos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:55 AM

i do mean HHB is an abusable item, not to say the way to obtain it, the drop rate is way too high. i cant understand your situation maybe because i never lack of zeny for whatever i want to buy, just go to AH and click on the lowest price and you got what you want. well, the price for HHB is quite reasonable i think, comparing with infinium and scrubs sold in pieces.

i had suggested they spare a week to drop all types of HHBs randomly so players who missed those HHB I~V have a chance to get those, randomize should minimize the chance of those higher values HHBs being abused.

i dont know but i think the root of the problem is still your mindset, hoping too much and think they are oblige to give you what you need is dangerous, kafra shoppe is there for a reason, if you dont want to spend $$ then earn your zeny, its not that difficult.

+1 for this. Game giving too much kafra stuff to players. And i m against this. kafra shop stuffs should be avaible only for spending $$ players.Please remove all kafra related events. And if u want kafra stuff, earn zenny and buy from ah

#31 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:58 AM

Only thing I really question about the anniversary items is why is the cake hat as expensive as an costume.

#32 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:20 AM

Only thing I really question about the anniversary items is why is the cake hat as expensive as an costume.

It's a rare item that nobody in the game has and it looks really good.  Dancer and Bard on the other hand are ugly as -_- and has been released in the past already.  If anything, Cake Hat should require more tokens IMO.

#33 gabbyjay13

gabbyjay13

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:27 PM

Two box descriptions are in forum for the Event Random Box II contents,  Which one is correct?

#34 SolM77186

SolM77186

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFrance (Paris)
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:20 PM

so if i understand it well 2-3 players are against the fact that Gravity gives HHBs with infiniums within these, so let's remind players of the refining system,, you need approximately 50 infiniums per gear. You have roughly 6 gears per char : 6 x 50 = 300 infiniums, and then 10 infiniums  in the K.shop = 1K KP = 10 USD which means = 300 USD to buy infiniums and then you also have to buy blessing pwders. Some players said that we have to earn zenny in order to buy infiniums in the AH then once again 1 infinium = 4K+ so 300 infiniums = 1M2 zennies, and then some players said that it's useless to refine items ? then i think they did not play without +20 items. in PVP let's say that it's impossible and in PVE your damages will be low and then the damages taken  against your character will be this time strong due to the lack of Defense.

i just do think that people whom keep on complaining about HHBs are those who spam cash shop and got mad that hhbs gave infiniums.

i'm not saying anything wrong, i'm just telling my opinion without being rude.

Cordially.

Edited by SolM77186, 02 June 2015 - 02:25 PM.

#35 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:31 PM

you need approximately 50 infiniums per gear. You have roughly 6 gears per char : 6 x 50 = 300 infiniums,

From my experience watching hundreds of refines on LootHoarder, I would say you're greatly overestimating how much infinium it takes. Sure some people have really bad luck and might need 50, but on average you can get to +20 with 25-35 infiniums or  a +10 refine stone and 10-15 infiniums.

#36 SolM77186

SolM77186

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFrance (Paris)
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

Let's say 30 infiniums, i trust your rates  even though it depends on players, i did not even talk about scrubs or blessing powders, i'm not asking for 30 infiniums within hhbs, i'm asking for some. but let's poll players and see what they think about ? let's see how many of them want infiniums even with a low rate within those boxs ? (untradable of course)

#37 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:29 PM

A poll would be ultra biased. Of course people want infiniums, its why we're even talking about this at all. But the issue at hand is not if they want them, its whether they need them. And the answer is simply, no, you don't need them for the game.

Once again, it's nothing but a bonus, and if you want those bonuses, you can pay for them. Every tank naturally gains enough defense from level appropriate gear and skills to tank all grind areas, DPS who stand in the proper places won't get damaged, healers who heal properly don't get an excess amount of threat. If you can't handle the damage, you should lure smaller batches. Yes when I grinded my Beastmaster, I didn't use +20, when I grinded my wizard who sometimes even acted as lure/tank, I didn't use +20. 

PVP, the only reason so many people are in +20 gear there is because of events that keep giving away free stuff easily. PVP hones and CLS runes which are attainable ingame without cash shop and are there to protect/buff you too.

Lastly we STILL have an infinium event going on. Anniversary got extended another 2 weeks, which means at least 5 more Infiniums. Not only that, we just got a +10 Immediate Weapon refine stone. Asking for more is being a bit too greedy. We already have "infinium event at a low rate" because Creamies drop coins, and even without drop bonus, even with drop nerf, I've managed to get at least 1 drop each day, without going out of my way to over hunt them.

#38 damond16

damond16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:08 PM

Off course we wouldn need infinium if those mobs were not op, dps stand no chance agains fp bosses, i guess the only one that does not want infinium its because they allready have a lot or they allready have they gear +20, maybe they would not be asking for infinium if  the refine system was better.

#39 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:26 PM

Off course we wouldn need infinium if those mobs were not op, dps stand no chance agains fp bosses, i guess the only one that does not want infinium its because they allready have a lot or they allready have they gear +20, maybe they would not be asking for infinium if  the refine system was better.

dps doesn't stand a chance because it's dps. Same with healers (mostly). That's why Tanks exist, their role is to use the High HP/High Def to survive while the dps deals damage.

Like it or not, the whole ML part of the game is focused in playing with parties and teamwork. Not soloing stuff, so it's not weird at all that you can't do it. That doesn't mean you NEED the infinium.

As Arby says, the only reason some players feel so dependent on Infinium is because we've had so many events giving them out that players got too used to it and forgot that the game can be played wihout it, with a good party, and playing smart. Just because infinium makes it easier, doesn't mean it's impossible playing without it; and if a player wants the game to be easier, they farm or spend cash. Isn't that why Cash Shops exist in the first place?

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to do stuff on my own, without depending on others, but if what prevents that is the damage of monsters, then they have to nerf the monsters, not spoonfeed infinium to all players.

Edited by faku1810, 02 June 2015 - 04:28 PM.

#40 7960130505150019417

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:05 PM

No one is forcing you to refine all your gears to +20 kekekeke

Edit:  +20 gears wont save you from the one shot anyway

Edited by 7960130505150019417, 02 June 2015 - 05:06 PM.

#41 damond16

damond16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:56 PM

dps doesn't stand a chance because it's dps. Same with healers (mostly). That's why Tanks exist, their role is to use the High HP/High Def to survive while the dps deals damage.

Like it or not, the whole ML part of the game is focused in playing with parties and teamwork. Not soloing stuff, so it's not weird at all that you can't do it. That doesn't mean you NEED the infinium.

As Arby says, the only reason some players feel so dependent on Infinium is because we've had so many events giving them out that players got too used to it and forgot that the game can be played wihout it, with a good party, and playing smart. Just because infinium makes it easier, doesn't mean it's impossible playing without it; and if a player wants the game to be easier, they farm or spend cash. Isn't that why Cash Shops exist in the first place?

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to do stuff on my own, without depending on others, but if what prevents that is the damage of monsters, then they have to nerf the monsters, not spoonfeed infinium to all players.

Id like to see you as a dps survive aoe atack from fp bosses or regular mobs that are able to hit more than 50k.  Correct me if im wrong but i read that in jawaii we will be able to do solo.

Im not against spending cash on the game but infinium is waste of money, do you know how many pieces we need to get +20 and for cazar and eddga we wont be able to sell those gears.

#42 damond16

damond16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:08 PM

i  thinkn you dind  read my post, i did not say someone is forcing me to refine, what said, is that if mobs were that not op we woulnd need to refine, maybe we wont stand a 1 hit but definetly we would have a better chance to survive. You sould listen first, put yourself in their shoes and then share your opinion

#43 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:16 PM

Correct me if im wrong but i read that in jawaii we will be able to do solo.

Huh?????? O_O

#44 PeachMilkTea

PeachMilkTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:19 PM

NINJA'S BAAAACK

little late on reading the patch notes ._.

#45 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:35 PM

Id like to see you as a dps survive aoe atack from fp bosses or regular mobs that are able to hit more than 50k.  Correct me if im wrong but i read that in jawaii we will be able to do solo.

Im not against spending cash on the game but infinium is waste of money, do you know how many pieces we need to get +20 and for cazar and eddga we wont be able to sell those gears.

The only regular mobs that hits for 50k are the pandas - the others only deal damage in groups, which is more of a layout problem than a refining problem.

As for surviving AOE attacks from FP bosses, DPSes aren't actually supposed to survive those hits - even with +20 gears, if your HP is below 50k, you're not going to handle that damage.  DPSes are, in fact, supposed to position themselves to avoid these AOEs. Aside from Cat o'Ninetails and Dancer, all other bosses (including Eddga!) only AOE in a cone towards the front - the tank's/tanks' job is to withstand these hits, while DPSes attack from behind. The only real boss where melee DPS might be 'useless' is at Cat o'Ninetails - at Dancer, melee DPSes can help to clear the mobs around the healers/ranged. Refined gear, quite frankly, isn't going to make that big a difference here as a DPS. 

Edited by Axtar, 02 June 2015 - 06:43 PM.

#46 damond16

damond16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:12 PM

The only regular mobs that hits for 50k are the pandas - the others only deal damage in groups, which is more of a layout problem than a refining problem.

As for surviving AOE attacks from FP bosses, DPSes aren't actually supposed to survive those hits - even with +20 gears, if your HP is below 50k, you're not going to handle that damage.  DPSes are, in fact, supposed to position themselves to avoid these AOEs. Aside from Cat o'Ninetails and Dancer, all other bosses (including Eddga!) only AOE in a cone towards the front - the tank's/tanks' job is to withstand these hits, while DPSes attack from behind. The only real boss where melee DPS might be 'useless' is at Cat o'Ninetails - at Dancer, melee DPSes can help to clear the mobs around the healers/ranged. Refined gear, quite frankly, isn't going to make that big a difference here as a DPS. 

So if dps are not supposed to survive they supposed to die over and over from Cat o'Ninetails and Dancer atack, so i guess that the extra defense that you get from wont make a diffrence, what you are saying is that as a dps you should be able to complete those quest with no problem as long as position your self to avoid those atack

#47 Glukos

Glukos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:31 PM

devs should work on bosses instead of giving more infinium to us. As a said before game giving too much kafra stuffs to players. And ppl so greedy about this. still want more!!! at least infinium shouldnt be easy obtainable from events. 10 token for 1 inf or lucky powder ok for me. but not this quest way. Because some ppl have 10+ characters. thats why tokens should be farmable but mobs Spawn rate and drop rate should be very low. i m ok if u farm all day but only got about 10 token.

And yes u dont need refine all gears

Edited by Glukos, 02 June 2015 - 10:06 PM.

#48 lockharttifa

lockharttifa

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:02 PM

+1 for this. This remind me the old raid we used to be during COA and AOD before those broken master level gear released. That time we don't have spinel floating on the market. Since now we can easily get blue spinel via phantom pyramid, auction house or even kafra shop I wonder why players nowadays are less tolerance to the challenge and find the tactic themselve.

Perhaps nowadays players just want to have easier life and the system made them used to blindly grind up to highest level without putting much effort to analysis tactic on raiding the bosses.

#49 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:57 AM

:heh:

Spoiler

#50 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:37 AM

So if dps are not supposed to survive they supposed to die over and over from Cat o'Ninetails and Dancer atack, so i guess that the extra defense that you get from wont make a diffrence, what you are saying is that as a dps you should be able to complete those quest with no problem as long as position your self to avoid those atack

Speaking as an assassin with fully refined +20 gears, the added defense does not make any significant difference at Cat/Dancer, both of which deal too much damage for any defense bonus to mitigate. It actually comes down to your HP: if your HP is not 54k and above, you are going to wipe at Cat o'Ninetails. If your HP is not 42k and above, you're going to wipe at Dancer. Simple as that. (The same seems to go for tanks, so I'm not sure if defense really factors in that much.)

Does that mean you're useless as a melee DPS at these bosses? No - at Cat o'Ninetails, you could help clear the ginseng and drop DPS pets like Moonlight. At Dancer, clear the rafflesias around the healers/range, so they can focus on keeping the tanks alive, rather than keeping themselves alive. Not hitting the boss =/= useless; it just means you need to shift roles.

Also, there are 4 other bosses (Imoogi, Great Kepri, Kushinada, Eddga) which you can DPS, if you know to stand behind said bosses and avoid getting hit.

Edited by Axtar, 03 June 2015 - 03:25 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users