6/2 Tuesday Night Maintenance Especial - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

6/2 Tuesday Night Maintenance Especial

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#26 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:23 PM

Btw, this can't be said enough.

Zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink,  zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink, zeny sink and zeny sink.

When are getting one?

#27 xxxxJhunFeixxxx

xxxxJhunFeixxxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:40 PM

Hi CM Oda.... please help me retrieve my banned account..its been 6 days now  :sob: 
but i'm not recieving any response until now

#28 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:41 PM

I believe that it should work on top of Classic's default 2x EXP.

#29 InstaChamp

InstaChamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:52 PM

Any word on how long this maint will be? Not stated in OP, please an estimated end time would be greatly appreciated.

#30 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:58 PM

We're going to try to have Classic up a little earlier than Renewal. Maybe in one hour, though it can run longer than that. 

#31 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:00 PM

Just reposted my posts from last weeks Challenge Dungeon conversation into the Mk2 thread in the foundry (here). If anyone wants to read a lot of words or talk about what they thought of the last challenge dungeon and what they'd like to see in this one please post in there!

#32 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:06 PM

I believe that it should work on top of Classic's default 2x EXP.

time to super leech. tq oda for the response

#33 maelstorm123

maelstorm123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:34 PM

Working on getting more added here

Event

Double EXP and +50% drops for the month

12th Anniversary Quest

Page coming soon

New June lucky Box 300kp

Will give one of the following at random: 

Filir Pinions

HE Bubble Gum 

Explosive Chewing Gum(animated)

Mega Resist Potion

Demon Mask

Long Tongue

Captain's Hat

Battle Manual X3

Skull Cap[1]

Tam[1]

Mischevious Fairy

Update

Battlegrounds shout NPC will be implemented this week

Campitor has a thread for feedback on where people want the NPCs to be, how long the cooldown will be, etc. 

Adrenaline Rush Scroll box arriving this week. The scrolls will not be usable on WoE and PVP maps

Bug

NPC Fix-Talk like a Pirate Day NPC was superimposed over another character

Oh god!!! This must be the dream come true xD I love this pack. Thank you ODA! I have to work harder this month and earn more money xDD

#34 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:40 PM

As much as some want vanilla RO, higher exp rates promotes more users to level up since a lot have jobs and etc. They don't wanna spend excessive amount of time in that area. Item farming is what matters more so anyways at this point in the servers life. lol

Edit: I love this box. :rice:

Edited by Ambur, 02 June 2015 - 08:41 PM.

#35 larrysilva02

larrysilva02

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:59 PM

IS DOUBLE EXP WORKS IN BOUNTY BOARD? AND IS DOUBLE EXP ARE OPEN TO ALL SERVER? TNX IN ADVANCE...

any reply please?

Edited by larrysilva02, 02 June 2015 - 09:36 PM.

#36 Xaurym

Xaurym

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgarts Kingdom
  • Server:Loki

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:20 PM

Way too much money to be made off of that box lol. Could flat-out start selling Zeny at RMT prices and it /still/ wouldn't be as pay to win as that box.

Not that I'm complaining. I just hear the whole "Oh you pay to win kids" argument all the time and it's like, I don't put the boxes together.  :omg:

Edited by Xaurym, 02 June 2015 - 09:38 PM.

#37 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

Way too much money to be made off of that box lol. Could flat-out start selling Zeny at RMT prices and it /still/ wouldn't be as pay to win as that box.

Not that I'm complaining. I just hear the whole "Oh you pay to win kids" argument all the time and it's like, I don't put the boxes together, i just buy them to turn over a profit in-game because it's hard to stay competetive otherwise.  :omg:

Really?

Pinions are a useful ASPD mid but in no way gamebreaking. Wearing them means you can't wear a status resist mid.

HE Gum pops up frequently. Very useful but nothing too special considering the gum stockpiles already on the server.

Explosive Gum is a nice vanity lower but useless aside from that. The proc rate is low.

Mega Resists are something I disagree with but they're everywhere nowadays and builds are popping up that only work with them factored in. This is probably the only real P2W item.

Demon Mask is good for very specific things, but not at all OP. It's just rare. The fact that you need horn uppers to maximise their effectiveness kinda limits their use.

Long Tongue is pure vanity. It looks cute and does nothing.

Captain's Hat is mostly vanity with a bit of water resist on the side.

BMX3s are absolutely everywhere. The server is chock full of them and supply has NEVER run out in the time I've been playing since they were introduced to Classic. If they weren't in the box they'd be circulating from the HE Manual exchanger NPC on account of HE boxes being a fixture in the shop.

Skull Cap is a necessity for casters nowadays. Should never have been added but now that it has been, it needs to be readily available.

Tam is pretty strong for a vanity but Skull Cap and MRH are better. It's also ultra -_- kawaii take my money now.

Mischievous Fairy is just a really cute vanity with a tiny bit of pdodge. If you care about those you should be protesting Glasses of Illusion.

#38 Xaurym

Xaurym

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:50 PM

Really?

Pinions are a useful ASPD mid but in no way gamebreaking. Wearing them means you can't wear a status resist mid.

HE Gum pops up frequently. Very useful but nothing too special considering the gum stockpiles already on the server.

Explosive Gum is a nice vanity lower but useless aside from that. The proc rate is low.

Mega Resists are something I disagree with but they're everywhere nowadays and builds are popping up that only work with them factored in. This is probably the only real P2W item.

Demon Mask is good for very specific things, but not at all OP. It's just rare. The fact that you need horn uppers to maximise their effectiveness kinda limits their use.

Long Tongue is pure vanity. It looks cute and does nothing.

Captain's Hat is mostly vanity with a bit of water resist on the side.

BMX3s are absolutely everywhere. The server is chock full of them and supply has NEVER run out in the time I've been playing since they were introduced to Classic. If they weren't in the box they'd be circulating from the HE Manual exchanger NPC on account of HE boxes being a fixture in the shop.

Skull Cap is a necessity for casters nowadays. Should never have been added but now that it has been, it needs to be readily available.

Tam is pretty strong for a vanity but Skull Cap and MRH are better. It's also ultra -_- kawaii take my money now.

Mischievous Fairy is just a really cute vanity with a tiny bit of pdodge. If you care about those you should be protesting Glasses of Illusion.

I didn't say the items were broken, or overpowered. What I meant was that they could sell for tons of zeny. That's a lot of really good items to all be in one box, you're pretty much guaranteed to make ridiculous amounts of Zeny off of whatever drops for you. Chaos tends to have more variety when it comes to their boxes. Merc Scrolls and such.

:sob: Sorry for the confusion.

Nice overview of the items though! You inadvertedly made a nice Box Guide. Should do that for more boxes in the future!

Edited by Xaurym, 02 June 2015 - 09:51 PM.

#39 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:58 PM

Serious question: By what means, exactly, do you people think Warpportal runs these "free" servers on? Fairy Dust? Unicorn Horn Essence? Rainbow Powder?

#40 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:03 PM

Aww snap...FAW's not there :sob:

#41 Xaurym

Xaurym

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:04 PM

Serious question: By what means, exactly, do you people think Warpportal runs these "free" servers on? Fairy Dust? Unicorn Horn Essence? Rainbow Powder?

That's weirdly aggressive.

As a VIP member and Kafra Shopper, I know exactly how they run their servers. It just struck me as odd that so many valuable items were in one box, and not mixed in with more consumables and such like I'm used to.

As someone that's going to be buying several of these boxes, I don't mind at all, It was just surprising to see.

Didn't mean to make a scene! I'll take my leave!

Edited by Xaurym, 02 June 2015 - 10:06 PM.

#42 Indalecio

Indalecio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:12 PM

Does an HE Manual Exchanger exist on Classic? Don't recall ever seeing that, but I stopped playing for a long time so maybe I just missed it. :p_swt:

#43 InstaChamp

InstaChamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:13 PM

We're going to try to have Classic up a little earlier than Renewal. Maybe in one hour, though it can run longer than that. 

Since that time frame has passed, any updated ETA on classic coming back online?

#44 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:18 PM

That's weirdly aggressive.

As a VIP member and Kafra Shopper, I know exactly how they run their servers. It just struck me as odd that so many valuable items were in one box, and not mixed in with more consumables and such like I'm used to.

As someone that's going to be buying several of these boxes, I don't mind at all, It was just surprising to see.

Didn't mean to make a scene! I'll take my leave!

Are they all valuable? They're mostly just novelties.

The "useful" things that will command good prices and clear vends quickly are just Skull Cap and Tam. There are plenty of other items that will clear fast but won't actually make you a lot of zeny unless you sell them in bulk (and 300KP a box isn't all that cheap) or hold onto them till supply disappears, and those are HE Gum, Mega Resists and BMX3s. The rest won't be very lucrative till they become rarities, since they don't have much functionality. Just look at Benevolent Guardians! They went from 200m+ to 15m all because they went from ultra rare to common via box.

If you're patient sure, it's a very good box to resell, but you could say that for most boxes.

Does an HE Manual Exchanger exist on Classic? Don't recall ever seeing that, but I stopped playing for a long time so maybe I just missed it. :p_swt:

Walk up from the mid Kafra towards the square in the centre of Pront. Old guy NPC standing in the middle of the road exchanges the manuals.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 02 June 2015 - 10:20 PM.

#45 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:31 PM

it seems hard to work out the challenge dungein.so put some gsb yggseed in challenge dungeon first plz

#46 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:56 PM

Please dont add any drops to the Challenge Dungeon unless the monsters are using some skills.

@Xaurym I think they've been hitting it outta the park last few months with boxes. Not sure if it's all entirely because they've been focused on Thor or if they've noticed that putting in packed boxes with lower chances for consolation items has increased sales. But it has been good to see, especially with the push to bring back items that are strong/useful and were once available but havent been seen for quite a while.

#47 Raymond325

Raymond325

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:02 PM

That explosive bubblegum seriously?! 75% drop rate? haha

Hunting cards will be easier :D

EDIT: Wait, only 1.5% haha. So if it's stackable with the event and with HE Bubblegum + VIP how much is it? For 0.02% card of course. I'm too lazy to compute :P

Edited by Raymond325, 02 June 2015 - 11:04 PM.

#48 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:05 PM

It doesnt stack.

#49 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:09 PM

Aww snap...FAW's not there :sob:

Wait. Is there a FAW in Classic? :omg: Man! I still many things to learn. :wah:

#50 Xaurym

Xaurym

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:17 PM

Started as a "Surprise Tuesday Night Maintenance", now it's a regular "Wednesday Morning Maintenance". :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users