Elemental socket exchange for 6* attack cards - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Elemental socket exchange for 6* attack cards

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#51 CigBock

CigBock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:26 PM

wp wud want to do more give away events ( i wundr frm whu?) dan do dis.

#52 CigBock

CigBock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

huh.png

gato gato

#53 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 07:23 PM

Let's all be honest with ourselves. We can easily get 6*6 cards if this will be implemented in the game. This will just break the game. IMHO.

#54 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:29 AM

Let's all be honest with ourselves. We can easily get 6*6 cards if this will be implemented in the game. This will just break the game. IMHO.

How would this break the game? Because people would get 6* cards by hard work (or with thick wallet) just like other things in the game? If this system will bring too many cards to the game (if thats what you mean by breaking game), its fine for me to raise trading amounts even higher. But that guarantee to get cards if you work hard is not any gamebreaking problem, at least i cant see it that way.

#55 CigBock

CigBock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:31 AM

dupers will break the game with this update. like they did with g8 10* health card.

they've been waiting for it.

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#56 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:34 AM

dupers will break the game with this update. like they did with g8 10* health card.

they've been waiting for it.

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:

sadly, this might be true.

#57 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:48 AM

Why wouldn't they already have destroyed the whole economy then, since these cards already exist and can be target to duping ? Someone duping stuff can have plenty of gold, and they might even buy a card in order to multiply it. I can't see how this implement would make them any more eager to let the market prices implode.

#58 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:23 AM

Why wouldn't they already have destroyed the whole economy then, since these cards already exist and can be target to duping ? Someone duping stuff can have plenty of gold, and they might even buy a card in order to multiply it. I can't see how this implement would make them any more eager to let the market prices implode.

it's self explanatory but i'll enlighten. 6*s have already been duped while those caught have been banned, the cards themselves are still in circulation. 10* health card dupers simply sold them in market one at a time. look at how many are in circulation while the ones involved have yet to be punished. it's not about ruining the economy, it's about removing farming from the equation and allowing exploiters to... exploit. 

with that said, attempt to resolve duping exploits before implementing this exchange.

#59 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

it's self explanatory but i'll enlighten. 6*s have already been duped while those caught have been banned, the cards themselves are still in circulation. 10* health card dupers simply sold them in market one at a time. look at how many are in circulation while the ones involved have yet to be punished. it's not about ruining the economy, it's about removing farming from the equation and allowing exploiters to... exploit. 

with that said, attempt to resolve duping exploits before implementing this exchange.

nuff said.

#60 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:38 AM

Why, thanks. Now I have something to investigate.

#61 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:24 AM

That's a scary thought.

#62 drops1

drops1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Locationearth

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

How would this break the game? Because people would get 6* cards by hard work (or with thick wallet) just like other things in the game? If this system will bring too many cards to the game (if thats what you mean by breaking game), its fine for me to raise trading amounts even higher. But that guarantee to get cards if you work hard is not any gamebreaking problem, at least i cant see it that way.

trueeeeee

#63 Arvz69

Arvz69

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:16 AM

:rice:  B U M P 

#64 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

I agree to your concerns and I think that it should be investigated if there is any exploit which should be eliminated first before implementing anything like that.

Do you happen to know when this duping happened?

Edited by Popcorn, 24 June 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#65 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:20 PM

Agree on that. Overall the game is too much luck based and some people just got no luck no matter what how they try. So they should have a chance to hard farm stuff.

#66 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:26 PM

Agree on that. Overall the game is too much luck based and some people just got no luck no matter what how they try. So they should have a chance to hard farm stuff.

I didn't say I don't agree on this. It seems almost everyone agrees if the concerns of noxis can be eliminated.

#67 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:53 PM

I didn't say I don't agree on this. It seems almost everyone agrees if the concerns of noxis can be eliminated.

Indeed. I didn't think of this problem, which clearly doesn't belong to the game. If anything like this happened (or will happen again) it should be dealt with in first place. Hope you will find solution  :chomok03: .

#68 drops1

drops1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Locationearth

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:08 PM

I agree to your concerns and I think that it should be investigated if there is any exploit which should be eliminated first before implementing anything like that.

Do you happen to know when this duping happened?

you mean to say , its possible to dupe in this game ?? Because you told before ( other thread ) that no one  can do such things in game :p_omg:  :p_omg: , no harm man  .....

#69 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:28 PM

you mean to say , its possible to dupe in this game ?? Because you told before ( other thread ) that no one  can do such things in game :p_omg:  :p_omg: , no harm man  .....

No I didn't mean to say that. I tried many different known types of duping and none of them worked (it was my task to try it out, don't get me wrong). Even the strangest methods didn't work. And believe me, I tried very hard ;)

But there were issues in the past and everyone knows about this. These days everything is synchronized with the server, checking if the actions can be plausible. That's working very good, but I understand the fear and the concerns of the players who know about that issue in the past.

So it's better to check everything possible again and finally be able to say: It's completely safe.

Edited by Popcorn, 24 June 2015 - 03:29 PM.

#70 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:43 PM

To be honest I do have some 10* Con cards that I've purchased from market that might have been duped. I didn't know they were duped at the time of course.

But when you start seeing hundreds of g8 10* Con cards circulating around within the same time frame, you tend to put two and two together. 

#71 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

To be honest I do have some 10* Con cards that I've purchased from market that might have been duped. I didn't know they were duped at the time of course.

But when you start seeing hundreds of g8 10* Con cards circulating around within the same time frame, you tend to put two and two together. 

When did you saw hundreds of them? It would be helpful to know.

#72 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:35 PM

i believe the influx began late into 2014. 6* element cards were also exploited and the players involved seemed to have been punished accordingly. a simple banning of accounts doesn't deter dupers, however. they can simply create more and do further damage, which seems to be the case.

certain attributing factors of duping cause the database to crash due to the acute erroneous information sent to client>server>client when the server falsely makes sense of the information. this certainly explains the frequent db crashes we've been experiencing the past year. 

if the staff has solved this then there is no need to worry. if there is cause for concern over the potential of this happening, then i suggest withholding any exchange updates regarding elements until it is ultimately resolved.

Edited by noxis, 24 June 2015 - 04:35 PM.

#73 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:14 PM

I should clarify some things now, so you guys don't get the wrong feeling by hearing this.

I am sure everyone remembers the last database problems we had - especially the last 3 of them we had since I am here now.

I can ensure you, that none of these "crashes" have happened due to external influence. Or in easy words: No one from the outside has crashed the database.

In every case the database had problems because of internal failures.

It is true, that while the database was down a duping was theoretically possible, because the security mechanisms of synchronizing between client and server fails, but since no data is written to the database - because it crashed - the duped items are gone after restarting it. 

To make a long story short: There is no way of duping when the user database crashes.

#74 drops1

drops1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Locationearth

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:46 PM

I should clarify some things now, so you guys don't get the wrong feeling by hearing this.

I am sure everyone remembers the last database problems we had - especially the last 3 of them we had since I am here now.

I can ensure you, that none of these "crashes" have happened due to external influence. Or in easy words: No one from the outside has crashed the database.

In every case the database had problems because of internal failures.

It is true, that while the database was down a duping was theoretically possible, because the security mechanisms of synchronizing between client and server fails, but since no data is written to the database - because it crashed - the duped items are gone after restarting it. 

To make a long story short: There is no way of duping when the user database crashes.

make sense now .. It answered my questions :)

Edited by drops1, 24 June 2015 - 10:53 PM.

#75 drops1

drops1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Locationearth

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:52 PM

What if ? The card ( 6* ) that you have exchange from the future npc have some sort of restrictions like ( cant trade , sell etc )  ... this way we can prevent the exploit of the card ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users