Training Grounds & Booster Discussion - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Training Grounds & Booster Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#51 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

I hate to break it to you, but we are not end game yet, not even close... there are like over 100 levels left until we will reach even near end game....

TG, especially, doesn't = end game... TG is just meant for screwing around, and getting killed there by a bunch of booster kids, and then coming to the forums to cry about it insistently, is freaking annoying, more annoying than myself, keep your booster posts in your booster topic...

Having the devs focus on stupid crap like fixing TG, where it's not even broken.. is bleh. --- as x33x would say, if you want to PVP, get off the grass.

Sorry if the community's opinions struck a nerv Mr. Canada but end game = content at max level.

TG is limited to 1 class (2 jobs) at the moment and me and many others want that changed because if you like it or not, TG IS end game content. Sorry if you're upset about getting killed in TG or something but it's for fighting and boosters don't allow all job classes to be able to do that on a fair level.

#52 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:27 PM

The reason why i dont go tg anymore. Booster fight :(

If Battle Cleric could just hide.

#53 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

As a mater of fact most boosters are fine, only a bunch are better than stat buffs (which doesnt mean that stat buffs as well as general buffs wouldnt need to be nerfed to go better witht he current damage formula but that is another story) and not by that much, the only 2 boosters that actually are OP are: damage booster that gives 40% more than normal buffs (50%).... pretty broken considering the current damage formula and seing how cleric buff is only 10% , being reduced to 20-25% would still show a considerable improve but would go more accordingly to the damage formula. And the same goes for Arua boosters (being able to hit 16k to a character with 20k hp just bcoz you are using boosters... yeah not gonna buy it)

Now about the hp/mp restore items, the fact that atm you can spam 3 different kind of items that restore ur hp with no share cooldown, combined with 50% hp up from jellybeans and stew makes a player (unless he gets stunned to death) literally inmortal. It is fine to have better restore items I have nothing agaisnt the use of jelly beans or stew or even pop some eggs what ever u know?...., but not only that there are also another 2 types of non im eggs that can be spamed to boost even more that HP restore fest, adding a small cooldown or/and a share cooldown would balance it out a bit more and the difference would still be noticiable but more fair.

If you are gonna go all dumbass mode (cant actually say the word that would fit them better :'( ) saying how the players that suggest a more fair situation related to boosters are crying bcoz they can afford them I will say: Fudge you ;)

Edited by carlosrose, 26 June 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#54 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:35 PM

As a mater of fact most boosters are fine, only a bunch are better than stat buffs (which doesnt mean that stat buffs as well as general buffs wouldnt need to be nerfed to go better witht he current damage formula but that is another story) and not by that much, the only 2 boosters that actually are OP are: damage booster that gives 40% more than normal buffs (50%).... pretty broken considering the current damage formula and seing how cleric buff is only 10% , being reduced to 20-25% would still show a considerable improve but would go more accordingly to the damage formula. And the same goes for Arua boosters (being able to hit 16k to a character with 20k hp just bcoz you are using boosters... yeah not gonna buy it)

Now about the hp/mp restore items, the fact that atm you can spam 3 different kind of items that restore ur hp with no share cooldown, combined with 50% hp up from jellybeans and stew makes a player (unless he gets stunned to death) literally inmortal. It is fine to have better restore items I have nothing agaisnt the use of jelly beans or stew or even pop some eggs what ever u know?...., but not only that there are also another 2 types of non im eggs that can be spamed to boost even more that HP restore fest, adding a small cooldown or/and a share cooldown would balance it out a bit more and the difference would still be noticiable but more fair.

If you are gonna go all dumbass mode (cant actually say the word that would fit them better :'( ) saying how the players that suggest a more fair situation related to boosters are crying bcoz they can afford them I will say: Fudge you ;)

Thank you for a more detailed explanation of the problem.

To put it in a plain and simple situation, if IM items like boosters and restoration pots/food weren't allowed then the pvp meta in TG would change for the better(I believe this would also create more of a diversity in AA as well because people's main class they use would change). All classes would become viable again and clerics would actually be able to stay alive for more than 2-3 seconds.

#55 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:45 PM

Thank you for a more detailed explanation of the problem.

To put it in a plain and simple situation, if IM items like boosters and restoration pots/food weren't allowed then the pvp meta in TG would change for the better(I believe this would also create more of a diversity in AA as well because people's main class they use would change). All classes would become viable again and clerics would actually be able to stay alive for more than 2-3 seconds.

Eh.... not really. AA has a pretty nice variety atm (yeah still a majority of hawkers bcoz they can survive better than anyone and have cloak so it makes it a popular class,but as an overall is pretty neat)

Clerics ability to survive in TG/AA will remain the same regardless of boosters, so dont bring that in, it just creates confusion

There is no need for such a drastic action, booster and im food just need a readjustment to the new dmg formula

#56 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

Eh.... not really. AA has a pretty nice variety atm (yeah still a majority of hawkers bcoz they can survive better than anyone and have cloak so it makes it a popular class,but as an overall is pretty neat)
Clerics ability to survive in TG/AA will remain the same regardless of boosters, so dont bring that in, it just creates confusion

There is no need for such a drastic action, booster and im food just need a readjustment to the new dmg formula

The removal of boosters and IM restoration would be a much more logical solution because it doesn't require a rework of formulas that would not only affect AA but would also affect TG and PVM.

Ask yourself why this game needs boosters that can only be obtained through the item mall to buff in the first place? Why do people want to pay for extra stats in the training ground? Why should pvp not be fair to all? These are all questions based if they actually did rework the formulas to be balanced just for players using boosters.

1) make boosters same as cleric buffs
2) remove boosters because they are too strong and ruin pvp.

#57 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draco

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

how would removing boosters affect PvP arenas? they cant be used regardless (red pot only)

#58 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:22 PM

how would removing boosters affect PvP arenas? they cant be used regardless (red pot only)

It was just a theory I personally had that the compositions would change slightly because players may main other classes other than raider or scout (because other classes will be playable in TG). I could be wrong, it was just an idea.

#59 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

I keep seeing that IM boosters are only available in the IM, don't players sell them anymore? I know I used to buy them with Zulie.

#60 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:39 PM

I keep seeing that IM boosters are only available in the IM, don't players sell them anymore? I know I used to buy them with Zulie.

Yes you can buy them for zulie for the price the player chooses to sell it for, but like the thread explains its more the problem with what the boosters do. It limits pvp to scouts and raiders, and that's what myself and other community members are trying to point out.

What are the negatives for removing them? It's only positive for the playing experience for the community as a whole.

#61 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:08 PM

Why is it limited to Raider/Scout? I ask these questions because I don't really PvP.

#62 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:35 PM

Why is it limited to Raider/Scout? I ask these questions because I don't really PvP.

with the dmg forumla, these dodge based classes have a better chance of surviving in a fight + u can cloak and target people full out ninja style lol

#63 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:52 PM

I dont really waste my time in tg and just do game arenas.... its just for ego boosting people.. its not even rewarding... I think devs should prioritize more important things than these pitiful concerns...

I would rather give more attention to stat buffer group vs normal cleric buffs kind of matches in game arena

Edited by helloitsme, 26 June 2015 - 11:58 PM.

#64 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:05 AM

I dont really waste my time in tg and just do game arenas.... its just for ego boosting people.. its not even rewarding... I think devs should prioritize more important things than these pitiful concerns...

I would rather give more attention to stat buffer group vs normal cleric buffs kind of matches in game arena

A lot of people use TG for their main source of PVP especially when AA doesn't have enough people to do matches or in between games.

Leonis already stated he has a setup already made that he could implement so I assume it wouldn't really take that much time/attention away from other problems.

#65 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:21 AM

The comparison between normal clerics, and stat buffers i find amusing.

Of course if you put time and effort into your character, it will be better than others.

This is like comparing two chatacters at max level; One with a wooden sword, and the other with a +15.

Time and effort.

#66 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:03 AM

The comparison between normal clerics, and stat buffers i find amusing.

Of course if you put time and effort into your character, it will be better than others.

This is like comparing two chatacters at max level; One with a wooden sword, and the other with a +15.

Time and effort.

It doesn't take time and effort to buy boosters that give you even more stats than stat buffers can give you even at max charm.

Clerics on boosters still die in 2 seconds to any boosted damage character.

#67 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:31 AM

It kinda is still time and effort. In order to afford the boosters, you need to work hard to earn zulies via farming of any sort.

Btw you made the same kind of discussion on proposal thread. I'm not sure why this was created again, but oh well.

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 27 June 2015 - 04:31 AM.

#68 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:13 AM

You cut out Leonis' quote that I was referring to.

It's not a hate speach at all; it's just common sense. If they want ROSE to stay pay to win for 50% of the pvp offered to its players/customers then they should not say they want to make it fair and non-pay to win.

99% of the stuff you say is not relevant - tg is the place where it's a free for all and use what you want! That's how it should be, if you wanna buy boosters etc then do - if not don't, they are not forcing you to.

Also there would be no game without any income and I know for sure - boosters / aruas / eggs etc are a very good income for them and I don't see any reason to change it

Just players who can't handle it that cry about it

#69 VisitorX

VisitorX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:47 AM

It kinda is still time and effort. In order to afford the boosters, you need to work hard to earn zulies via farming of any sort.

Btw you made the same kind of discussion on proposal thread. I'm not sure why this was created again, but oh well.

Leonis created this thread to get feedback on whether or not he should implement the system he has already prepared to remove Boosters/Item Mall items (such as infinite HP jellys/stews) from TG. So far there are many supporters and many players still asking why change it? But I really do not see any logical arguments of why this shouldn't be changed.

99% of the stuff you say is not relevant - tg is the place where it's a free for all and use what you want! That's how it should be, if you wanna buy boosters etc then do - if not don't, they are not forcing you to.

Also there would be no game without any income and I know for sure - boosters / aruas / eggs etc are a very good income for them and I don't see any reason to change it

Just players who can't handle it that cry about it

It actually is relevant if you spend the time reading the thread.

The argument isn't that TG is an open place to do whatever you please, it's that boosters are disallowing everyone a fair chance to fight in TG because of boosters. As I and others have stated before plenty of times, boosters essentially limit the pvp in TG to Raiders and Scouts because 1) their damage becomes too high 2) they have stealth. This is a problem because clerics are unable to survive meaning no other classes can survive because they can't get healed in wars. Why would anyone support pvp like this? It's not good for the game. It's not good for new players to see and experience this. They work very hard leveling new characters and getting gear just to find out they can't compete in TG because they are not the right class and also they have to purchase boosters to compete.

You may say TG is not a big deal, but really it is in terms of fun in Rose Online. It has always been a huge part of Pvp, even when Union Wars was around, but I'm assuming you either don't do PVP or you're a newer player. It's now even more important because of the lack of population, AA's aren't always able to get the 30 player requirement to do PVP and CD is too laggy, meaning TG is the only place players go to pvp, 1v1, war, etc... but like I said, this is all ruined by Boosters.

Boosters are claimed to be "cheap" but also claimed to be a huge source of income for the game? That doesn't even make sense. Rose shouldn't have a pay to kill players temporarily system.

1) I personally can handle fights with boosters because I am a raider but I do not boost (not because I can't afford it because I can) but because it isn't a fair form of PVP and it's not fair for the game or community to have this kind of system. 

2) I'm sorry me and plenty of other supports are trying to improve the quality of the game by returning it to it's old meta of PVP.

3) Please read through the thread before making claims that I and others have explained before.

Edited by VisitorX, 27 June 2015 - 05:50 AM.

#70 Krizalis

Krizalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:39 AM

I think.. The main problem which we overlooked is the new defense curve/scaling that happened.. Before the new defense curve, the overall damage wasnt that high and hence.. Even with boosters, people dont die that fast.. But.. With the new defense curve, everyobe becamr squishy and thus damage was already very high and now, coupled with boosters.. It is insanely high now.. So I think, when leonis they all decided to di the defense curve patch, they probably overlooked a few things including boosters effects after the new defense curve...

I guess we should suggest to reduce the overall damage first and then we can see how it affects boosters.in general? Before jumping the gum and saying we should remove boosters from thw game entirely?

#71 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:24 AM

removal? no

readjustment to new curve? yes 

#72 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:06 AM

Are people actually complaining class buffers have stronger buffs than cleric? lol...there's a reason for that, and devs explained it AWHILE ago. Back to booster issue, Doesn't matter to me what they do with it. Boosters allowed, boosters not allowed...but the people who spent all the IM should probably get a refund/reward of some type.

#73 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

Are people actually complaining class buffers have stronger buffs than cleric? lol...there's a reason for that, and devs explained it AWHILE ago. Back to booster issue, Doesn't matter to me what they do with it. Boosters allowed, boosters not allowed...but the people who spent all the IM should probably get a refund/reward of some type.

Sorry, I have to disagree with that part. No one made you buy them. That was your choice.

#74 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:40 AM

Sorry, I have to disagree with that part. No one made you buy them. That was your choice.

It would be an act of good will for those who keep the server alive.

#75 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

I don't buy them, never have never will. I was talking about others. So..it was their choice. Dur dur dur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users