Autumn Hairband - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Autumn Hairband

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#26 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:39 PM

It seems this quest is for only new characters. I can't make it work with my ranger with whom i did last year.

#27 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:39 PM

It's an issue because of how much people are charging for the thing. These days it is 750m for a +9 (@_@).

It's not that I don't acknowledge useless performer hats, but that I don't want my AHB to be nerfed or changed at all. Because there is no black and white answer then I can't invest any cards into it as it MAY be a waste.

I would have thought by now someone could say "It will eventually change" or "It won't change at all".

Quest is back, you'll still feel "some kinda way" about having spent 750m before, when they get cheap again. You don't really have aprice guarantee here and should just accept that, and don't stand in the way of doing the right thing, you know?

#28 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

Honestly, considering we can have multiple characters I'd say, try to get a Autumn Headband, enjoy the AS effect in your AS Ranger. If the effect gets changed into traps, you could always make a Trap Ranger to make use of it (That's what I'm planning anyway)

Edited by Erydanos, 02 July 2015 - 02:44 PM.

#29 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:50 PM

Quest is back, you'll still feel "some kinda way" about having spent 750m before, when they get cheap again. You don't really have aprice guarantee here and should just accept that, and don't stand in the way of doing the right thing, you know?

No, since I bought my +9 for 300m a while back. My issue is, what I want to invest in it cardwise is not going to be cheap. I don't feel like investing in something that has been speculated as change. If this headgear changes, it is a HUGE difference, not just for me though.

People complain that Rangers can do 999,999+ AS damage when they don't even realise that it isn't something all Rangers can achieve. Pure AS builds with highly refined BxBs, WWS, Ranged % stacking etc will achieve really good AS damage, even more so with certain cards. Don't forget that this is also achieved with No Limits, are buff that last 1 minute and can be used every 5 minutes and it also reduces what defenses with have accumulated to 1-1.

But this hat is a must for hybrid Rangers like myself to still make the best of both worlds build work. I would also argue this is a staple hat for Bio4 parties. I remember before having people complaining about damage from AS when compared to others; if the hat goes then suddenly that gets a hell of a lot harder as well. Rangers are DPS classes more so than support. Ever. The closest we got for support outside of a petty wind walk buff is traps for elemental changes.

The AHB issue could be solved with a simple yes or no to the question "Will it change?".

I just don't understand what is difficult about this.

#30 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:59 PM

The difficulty is it is a divisive issue and like any good politician, oda or whoever else doesn't want to take a stand and risk upsetting on side or tbe other, which he isn't prepared to do yet.

#31 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

The AHB issue could be solved with a simple yes or no to the question "Will it change?".

I just don't understand what is difficult about this.

Yes. I want a confirmation and exact time frame too.

I don't support changing AHB however. I feel the AS damage is just fine with AHB. 

#32 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:18 PM

GMs should leave AHB the way it is. AS is weak garbage without MVPs  :heh:

I didnt know they disabled AHB in WoE lol

#33 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:40 PM

Compare arrow storm to arm cannon or overbrand or comet etc (though soul expansion has gotten a bit hax with the job 60 update). Its like ranger and genetic are the only classes supposed to kill things in pvm? Even amlong "non support" classes its like only 1 or 2 skills are allowed to be viable. Killing the absurd outliers is the fix guys, come on now.

Edited by Jaye, 02 July 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#34 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

Compare arrow storm to arm cannon or comet etc. Its like ranger and genetic are the only classes supposed to kill things in pvm?

Honestly, it seems so...I haven't MS Tank in a party for...months. The Gen and the Ranger just move forward in a killing frenzy and the party follows.

Btw, can someone confirm me if the hat you get from the July 4th quest is random, or (luckily) it depends on your character's class?

#35 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:47 PM

Yup because rangers suck in WoE and they almost die to anything in one or two shots. They can switch to CK/Shield but still not that tanky. On top of that, while they're on CK/Shield, they cant attack. I WoE'ed with ranger last night and lol The class itself is pretty weak. I dont even want to think about normal rangers who cant afford MVPs or decent enchants in WoE, probably cant kill anyone and die to anything that randomly hits them.

So they should enjoy PVM :D

#36 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

Rangers are glass cannons Jaye. Not sure if you play them much these days but they aren't like a lot of other classes.

For absurd classes check out GX.

#37 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

That's a silly anecdotal argument chakri x_x. Ive died in 1~2 shots with tanky characters with 80%+ demi resist without also having the ability to rule all of pvm, pvp, and mvp with an iron fist with that same chara. Also a ranger can standvery very very far away from the enemies that can kill them, you're supposed to use that to offset your squishiness /swt.

#38 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

Cant stand that far in WoE <_<

Thats why all Thanatos rangers have personal Tao/GTB RG to sacri them >_>

Its alright Jaye. I like you. So I'll stop and let you win :p_idea:  :p_hi:

#39 Pandiwi

Pandiwi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1196 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

Honestly, it seems so...I haven't MS Tank in a party for...months. The Gen and the Ranger just move forward in a killing frenzy and the party follows.

Btw, can someone confirm me if the hat you get from the July 4th quest is random, or (luckily) it depends on your character's class?

It's random <:

Edited by Pandiwi, 02 July 2015 - 04:21 PM.

#40 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

That's a silly anecdotal argument chakri x_x. Ive died in 1~2 shots with tanky characters with 80%+ demi resist without also having the ability to rule all of pvm, pvp, and mvp with an iron fist with that same chara. Also a ranger can standvery very very far away from the enemies that can kill them, you're supposed to use that to offset your squishiness /swt.

Yeah, that works. Not.

If your AS is strong enough then sure, that works.

If your warg hitlocks then sure, that works.

However I feel like linking you too many AMI commercials locally played in NZ to get my point across.

Rangers. Don't. Get. To. Range. 90%. Of. The. Time.

If they could, then it would be an ideal world but they don't. Thus they resort to being damage dealers.

#41 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

It's random <:

Thanks Pandiwi!

Now I just have to pray to RNGesus (the most fickle deity there is...)

#42 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

AS rangers dont excel in woe without mvp cards
AS rangers cant beat gene in high end mvp
AS rangers are not so useful in biolab party compared to rk
AS ranger cant tank
so cant you give them some enjoyment in pvm?

#43 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:30 PM

We do. I tried PVP ing awhile back, and as soon as I comes into their screen, the sura pneuma-ed. So I tried to snare him. He snapped. So I tried to... - he GoH-ed - and I died.

So I went back in. This time I saw a sorc. I thought it'll be easy, since mage class usually has low HP. I AS-ed, and she's still standing. She responded with insta-cast psychic wave. I died.

Then another time, an RG. Please don't ask how it went. T_T

Basically this:

AS rangers dont excel in woe without mvp cards
AS rangers cant beat gene in high end mvp
AS rangers are not so useful in biolab party compared to rk
AS ranger cant tank
so cant you give them some enjoyment in pvm?

Edited by DeadIntern, 02 July 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#44 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:32 PM

Sounds more like we need a general class and gear rebalancing. AS Rangers aren't the only problem.

lol @ people thinking AS build is useful in PvP though.

#45 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:32 PM

I am just stunned you all think rangers dominate pvp/woe/mvp with arrow storm and not 193 aspd autowarg D:

#46 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:33 PM

I'm wondering why no one likes to try out manual warg builds in PvP.

#47 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

I am just stunned you all think rangers dominate pvp/woe/mvp with arrow storm and not 193 aspd autowarg D:

Autowarg is GREAT for solo MVP. Not so much for hunting, and definately not wanted in leveling parties.

And just to clarify my position, I understand the integrity of the project behind what the AHB should have been, but I care more that a class I enjoy can still be wanted for the only thing it can provide.

#48 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:35 PM

Well, I thought the topic of discussion is about AS oriented rangers?

#49 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

Autowarg is GREAT for solo MVP. Not so much for hunting, and definately not wanted in leveling parties.

And just to clarify my position, I understand the integrity of the project behind what the AHB should have been, but I care more that a class I enjoy can still be wanted for the only thing it can provide.

Well, I thought the topic of discussion is about AS oriented rangers?

Arrow storm requires NO SPECIAL BUILD WHATSOEVER

You can build to specialize in autowarg for pvp/woe/mvp and STILL use HAX ASS ARROW STORM to DOMINATE every INSTANCE DUNGEON/PVM locale in the game. Its pathetic. Its RangerRO and not iRO.

its completely effing unnecessary to continually buff AS when other classes' pvm capabilities suck ballz compared to ranger's. Its like chalkboard nails to me when I see people crying they "need" autumn hairband's AS boost.

Edited by Jaye, 02 July 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#50 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:50 PM

Arrow storm requires NO SPECIAL BUILD WHATSOEVER

You can build to specialize in autowarg for pvp/woe/mvp and STILL use HAX ASS ARROW STORM to DOMINATE every INSTANCE DUNGEON/PVM locale in the game. Its pathetic. Its RangerRO and not iRO.

its completely effing unnecessary to continually buff AS when other classes' pvm capabilities suck ballz compared to ranger's. Its like chalkboard nails to me when I see people crying they "need" autumn hairband's AS boost.

Bull-_-.

You ever done Bio4 as a Ranger? You are unwanted if you can't do over 100,000 damage on a mob, in fact a healthy 130,000+ is EXPECTED or you are dead weight.

I AM a hybrid build, I have decent gears for AS, and I do on average 130,000 more or less. You can do well in a lot of instances, but not dominate them all. It still requires a lot of skill for some instances. Don't think like all one does is spam AS for instant victory in an instance.

Rangers have an advantage in PvM, but NOTHING compared to a Gene or GX class, hell even some RK and Mado classes can outdo us with the right builds because they have certain advantages we DON'T.

It's not continually buffing, it's a effin headgear that let's a Ranger who DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO CERTAIN BOWS, be useful in party situations. But WAIT? WE HAVE TRAPS? Because that is what the impatient players of the game want, to have a Ranger pop an elemental trap down on a pack of mobs that should by all means be dead within 1 or 2 seconds.

This is not comparing Rangers to underpowered classes, this is taking the only asset a Ranger has and throwing in the garbage. That, or all this time I have been doing the wrong effin job in parties, clearly I should pick up a shield and tank, or a Heal Clip and see how that pans out. - -_-

Edited by Nirvanna21, 02 July 2015 - 04:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users