*UPDATED 12/8/2018* blackCROSS's Ultimate Physical Rune Knight Guide - Page 40 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

*UPDATED 12/8/2018* blackCROSS's Ultimate Physical Rune Knight Guide

• Please log in to reply
1238 replies to this topic

#976 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:31 AM

@Chakri Hahahaha, RG will always have a special place in my account.

Thank you Crosscy.

Your first post in this thread still has a relevant build? I want to go ahead and reset my rk but want to have everything planned out before I do.

#977 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:50 AM

semi-relevant. Things changed since PDM came out. 

My current one is focused on mobscarf and PDM:

STR 120

LUK 126

AGI 54

Dex 54

VIT 90

INT 2

Which works very well for me since he's mainly crit/str hybrid. 193 aspd with lindy without asir when fully buffed, if no buff use asir rune for 193 aspd.

If you dont want to swap boots to str boots when using IB, you can just leave str at 114 also (still combined 240 for mobscarf), this opens up more stats for you to put agi to 72 (another 5%hp and aspd bonus from mob scarf due to combined 160) and still have remaining 30 stats to add to your liking.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 07 June 2018 - 04:52 AM.

#978 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:05 AM

Awesome! I like hybrid builds. I will probably use your current build.

As far as weapons, since I don't have lindy yet, violet fear is my best next option correct?

#979 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:14 AM

yes, but violet fear breaks. If you want to do crush strike on it, you might want to consider a golem card on the VF. 

#980 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:07 AM

Okay thanks. As for storm blast, how does that skill works? Seems like a very strong skill from the videos you have from twro in your OP.

#981 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:37 AM

https://irowiki.org/wiki/Rune_Mastery

• Damage (ATK): [RuneMastery_Lv + (INT ÷ 8) × 100]%
  • Variable Cast Time: 2 seconds.
  • Cast Delay: 1 second.
  • Area of Effect: 7x7.

It's somewhat decent for seraphim builds at the moment, but if you are using true seyren weap you would need to change weapon to do better damage. On 160 int it has 3000% modifier. TwRO hit hard because of the rune knight helm. It boosts stormblast damage by quite a bit. It's a bit troublesome to use all the time since you need make the runes every 20times you use, so i dont recommend it for pvm.

Skill will be changed to be based on total str when runestone improvement hits, at that time anyone can use storm blast since RKs all have high str (easily hit 180-200). You can also carry 240 of the rune at one go instead of 20.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 07 June 2018 - 07:39 AM.

#982 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:42 AM

This update needs to hit already lol

https://irowiki.org/wiki/Rune_Mastery

• Damage (ATK): [RuneMastery_Lv + (INT ÷ 8) × 100]%
  • Variable Cast Time: 2 seconds.
  • Cast Delay: 1 second.
  • Area of Effect: 7x7.

It's somewhat decent for seraphim builds at the moment, but if you are using true seyren weap you would need to change weapon to do better damage. On 160 int it has 3000% modifier. TwRO hit hard because of the rune knight helm. It boosts stormblast damage by quite a bit. It's a bit troublesome to use all the time since you need make the runes every 20times you use, so i dont recommend it for pvm.

Skill will be changed to be based on total str when runestone improvement hits, at that time anyone can use storm blast since RKs all have high str (easily hit 180-200). You can also carry 240 of the rune at one go instead of 20.

#983 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:02 AM

Thank you. I will forget about storm blast for now then.

Thank you for all your guidance Crosscy. You should get back to making videos man. Especially bio5 videos. That is one reason for me making the RK.

#984 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:13 PM

@Crosscy, I went ahead and built around Mob and PDM as well. As for the skills, do you go with spear boomerang instead or something else for increase dmg of hundred spears?

#985 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

STOP! Do not add spear boomerang. It will become the mistake of your life lol.

The spear boomerang procs has its 1sec cast delay that stops you from being able to chain skills after hundred spears.

#986 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:18 PM

lol, no worries. I haven't put any points into skills yet.

#987 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:09 AM

@crosscy, can I use the skill build in your main post for crit RK? Or has it changed recently?

#988 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:48 PM

ya it works- but recently i've added water DB to my crit build for solo-ET (lv8).

Reason being peuz set+tgl gives me 90% delay on any rk, which is good against all those reflect mobs (necromancer, sword guardian, kasa, salamander) in the 8x and 9x stages; but the cast is slow of course(i use devil hand to cut FCT by half, but the effect gonna be removed soon).  I give up windcutter for the lv8 water db. Used to have to sonic wave and hundred spears these mofos one by one, took a bit of time. It's a niche skill only for later stages of et, so not compulsory.

So it depends; if u dont want the water db you can stick to the one on my front page, if not this is my current one. I put waterdb, not fire db btw.

http://irowiki.org/~...ojN3cFrDrksnak1

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 08 June 2018 - 05:49 PM.

#989 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:05 PM

I do ET with my Gene so no need for wDB in my case. I will stick to the one in the front page. It is a great way to deal with those last pesky levels though!

I am more interested in farming Bio5 a bit more comfortably than my Gene or GX. The RK's is see there are usually having a pretty easy time but who knows, it might be harder. I will have to try and see.

I really enjoy Crit RK regardless so this is going to be fun. In fact ASPD Knight was my first character in Ragnarok so it makes sense that I am going back to my roots =)

Thank you Crosscy!

#990 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

Crosscy, have you tried Storm Stone + Gelerdria w/ 3 T. Seyren for IB + Hundred spears combos in Bio5?

#991 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

No need to cast fancy skills. Just grab a Lindy Hop and crits them to death.

#992 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

Working on that =)

#993 CDFH

CDFH

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:40 AM

hi guys, just wondering how can i make the most out of seraphim set for my str rk? i'm having issues sustaining in mid ti, cant do it solo with ib. i'm lvl 117/27 now.. would i be better off getting rid of the sera set for a mob scarf build instead?

stats at the moment:

str:71

agi:1

vit:44

int:120

dex:43

luk:1

did i mess up my stat build?

#994 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:01 AM

Sustaining your hp & sp?

Bring plenty or at least adequate amount of consumables to sustain yourself during solo run, some equipments that will boost consumables recovery rate such as toy syringe (slims potion), octopus hat (fresh fish), etc would help you efficiently sustain yourself with the consumables.

Or leech style, by wearing following gears :

Top Headgears : Pirate Folly (HP & SP leech) / Cursed Book (HP & SP leech) / Rideword Hat (HP leech dominant & SP leech) / Vanargand Helm (SP leech dominant & HP leech)

Low Headgears : Tengu Scroll / Blood Sucker (HP leech)

Weapons : Thanatos Weapons (HP & SP leech) [lvl 120 prerequisites] from Ghost Palace instance, Solar Sword (100% HP leech proc rate but not stack with other leech gears, presumably due to iRO custom modification / bugs), etc

Cards : Hunterflies (HP Leech), Dracula (Huge SP leech & proc rate), Sniper Cecil (Huge HP leech & proc rate)

Body Armor : Evil Dragon Armor (Huge HP&SP leech proc rate)

Garment : Nidhoggur Shadow Garb (SP leech)

Shadow gears & Costumes : malicious set (HP leech) and garment costume (hp/sp absorption stone)

Pets : Incubus (SP leech) or succubus (HP leech)

#995 CDFH

CDFH

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

hmm my gear right now is

+9 vanargand

sera coronet

sera feather

+10 EDA

+9 gelerdria

+7 gaia shield

+9 FAW fs15

+4 temp dex boots bear power EA4

verus core

pdm

am i using the wrong stuff for sera build? or is it because im still low level that my damage isnt that much?

#996 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:55 AM

If you prefer exp grind, then this map is good until lvl 125, then continue to hunt scarabs in kamidal tunnel and scaraba hall 2F

Grind in above map is much better than doing nepenthes grind in mid ti, if you already complete the daily mid TI counts.

Access Quest List  :
You need to run following quests (Ring of Ancient Wise King, Sapha's Visit and Doha's Secret Order) in order to access scaraba hall 2F
You can do the first 2 quests in order to Open ElDicastes to take Centipede Larva, Centipede, Tatacho and Dolomedes Bounty boards and starting from lvl 120 onwards you can also take scarabs bounty board

Now for your gear reviews.

Weapons : If your gelerdria is the 3 slotted (OCP) version, then you better card the spear with either combination of hunterfly / caramel (example : 2 hunterflies & 1 caramel / 1 hunterfly & 2 caramel). Don't forget to ride your verus (dragon) and maxed out your dragon training passive skills for increased mobility, weight limit and nullify damage penalties from monsters size when wearing spear class weapons.

Headgear : You can add engkanto card to boost your IB damage further against centipedes and centipedes larva and the rest of poison monsters.

Shield : Card your Gaia shield with either bigfoot card (insect monsters incoming damage reduction, useful against centipedes, centipedes larva, dolomedes, scarabs) or Draco card (earth monsters incoming damage reduction and little damage boost against earth element monsters which is useful against Hillslion, Tatacho, Bradium Golem, Scarabs) or hodremlin if you want flat 15% incoming damage reduction against anything.

Garments : Card your garments with either raydric (reduce incoming neutral damage) for defensive purpose or wakwak if you prefer offensive way. My personal choice is raydric, since manuk monsters hit hard. DR card is better than raydric for solid defensive purpose until late game but will cost you a fortune.

Shoes : You can replace your temporal dex boots with non-slotted variant shoes if you don't really need bear power proc to kill, since 20% max hp & sp are better for mobbing if you already have enough damage for killing mobs in 1 or 2 IB explosion

Accessories
switch your pdm to storm stone which is far better since you use gelerdria and your current status build couldn't reap much benefits from pdm right now.

Consumables : Bring fire converter to optimize your IB skill damage and since you're also fighting 2 earth enemies and one poison (just ignore hardrock mammoth if you happened to bump into it, it's suicide fighting it without proper gears).

Pets :
Add either succubus (HP leech) / incubus pets (SP leech), if you felt the leech proc rate still lacking. Don't forget to bring its food to and properly feed it if you decided to get any of these pets so it won't run away.

Edited by Casval17, 11 June 2018 - 08:06 AM.

#997 CDFH

CDFH

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:21 PM

If you prefer exp grind, then this map is good until lvl 125, then continue to hunt scarabs in kamidal tunnel and scaraba hall 2F

Grind in above map is much better than doing nepenthes grind in mid ti, if you already complete the daily mid TI counts.

Access Quest List  :
You need to run following quests (Ring of Ancient Wise King, Sapha's Visit and Doha's Secret Order) in order to access scaraba hall 2F
You can do the first 2 quests in order to Open ElDicastes to take Centipede Larva, Centipede, Tatacho and Dolomedes Bounty boards and starting from lvl 120 onwards you can also take scarabs bounty board

Now for your gear reviews.

Weapons : If your gelerdria is the 3 slotted (OCP) version, then you better card the spear with either combination of hunterfly / caramel (example : 2 hunterflies & 1 caramel / 1 hunterfly & 2 caramel). Don't forget to ride your verus (dragon) and maxed out your dragon training passive skills for increased mobility, weight limit and nullify damage penalties from monsters size when wearing spear class weapons.

Headgear : You can add engkanto card to boost your IB damage further against centipedes and centipedes larva and the rest of poison monsters.

Shield : Card your Gaia shield with either bigfoot card (insect monsters incoming damage reduction, useful against centipedes, centipedes larva, dolomedes, scarabs) or Draco card (earth monsters incoming damage reduction and little damage boost against earth element monsters which is useful against Hillslion, Tatacho, Bradium Golem, Scarabs) or hodremlin if you want flat 15% incoming damage reduction against anything.

Garments : Card your garments with either raydric (reduce incoming neutral damage) for defensive purpose or wakwak if you prefer offensive way. My personal choice is raydric, since manuk monsters hit hard. DR card is better than raydric for solid defensive purpose until late game but will cost you a fortune.

Shoes : You can replace your temporal dex boots with non-slotted variant shoes if you don't really need bear power proc to kill, since 20% max hp & sp are better for mobbing if you already have enough damage for killing mobs in 1 or 2 IB explosion

Accessories
switch your pdm to storm stone which is far better since you use gelerdria and your current status build couldn't reap much benefits from pdm right now.

Consumables : Bring fire converter to optimize your IB skill damage and since you're also fighting 2 earth enemies and one poison (just ignore hardrock mammoth if you happened to bump into it, it's suicide fighting it without proper gears).

Pets :
Add either succubus (HP leech) / incubus pets (SP leech), if you felt the leech proc rate still lacking. Don't forget to bring its food to and properly feed it if you decided to get any of these pets so it won't run away.

could i pm you in game ? got some stuff i want to ask since i don't really understand

#998 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

Currently I don't have access to the game, just let me know your queries or you can also PM me in Forums

#999 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:15 AM

Haven't been playing RO recently, but camp has got me excited with rune improvement patch coming soon. Recorded my crush strike damage on eggs before its no longer 3x. Can't wait!

Basically:

Turisus for 3x, dark claw for 2.5x, lex for 2x and double attack for 2x. Crack that egg!

#1000 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

beast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users