14.3 Testing Station - Page 9 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

14.3 Testing Station

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#201 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:37 AM

wouldn't it be easier to just have an npc give you pre-enchanted faws? do people actually want to test with a FAW that had 1x of EA/Fatal/FS enchants on them?

#202 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:50 AM

wouldn't it be easier to just have an npc give you pre-enchanted faws? do people actually want to test with a FAW that had 1x of EA/Fatal/FS enchants on them?

Don't think you could put pre-enchanted stuff into an npc, unless you mean having an npc just always give it max enchant, but people may want special dex or random variations of enchants for certain testing, would be so many combinations.

#203 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:58 AM

Bug: Expert Enchanter Byrnes doesn't want to enchant my Hero Ring.

He asks to equip it, when the only things I've equipped are two Hero Rings. Tried wearing only one, that didn't work either.

Note that I'm using the NPC sold Hero Ring. Maybe it's a different item code.

Edited by WolfTri, 05 August 2015 - 06:59 AM.

#204 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

Bug: Expert Enchanter Byrnes doesn't want to enchant my Hero Ring.

He asks to equip it, when the only things I've equipped are two Hero Rings. Tried wearing only one, that didn't work either.

Note that I'm using the NPC sold Hero Ring. Maybe it's a different item code.

i guess u need some stuffs to enchant

#205 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

i guess u need some stuffs to enchant

In that case the text is wrong, because he clearly says "Equip your Hero Ring, I can't enchant anything else."
He also doesn't say anything about needing items to enchant, only needs 3 Hero Tokens to reset.​

Also when is sak gonna be up again

Edited by WolfTri, 05 August 2015 - 06:08 PM.

#206 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

In that case the text is wrong, because he clearly says "Equip your Hero Ring, I can't enchant anything else."
He also doesn't say anything about needing items to enchant, only needs 3 Hero Tokens to reset.​

Also when is sak gonna be up again

hm,so i dont know D:

btw,how to get hero tokens .-.?

#207 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:34 PM

Not sure, I barely started testing when it was maint time and server went down. They need to be at least slightly responsible towards the test server if they expect to get any testing done, and receive any bug reports. Really kills the mood when it keeps going AWOL, particularly after an entire server wipe and with a lack of items/NPCs.

#208 Scrapie

Scrapie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:36 PM

Sorry if I'm derailing the thread, but is the new weapon list of malangdo enchants implemented in this patch? 

The weapons that were added to the enchantment list are the following:
Noble Cross, Murasama [2] (ID-21003),Blue Naght Seiger Twin Blade[3], Red Naght Seiger Twin Blade[3], Thorn Staff of Darkness[1]

I can't get on to try it out since Sakray is currently down, as well as I don't know if we're able to purchase kafra items for free for Silvervines to test it out. 

Edited by Scrapie, 05 August 2015 - 07:36 PM.

#209 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:40 PM

Sorry if I'm derailing the thread, but is the new weapon list of malangdo enchants implemented in this patch? 

The weapons that were added to the enchantment list are the following:
Noble Cross, Murasama [2] (ID-21003),Blue Naght Seiger Twin Blade[3], Red Naght Seiger Twin Blade[3], Thorn Staff of Darkness[1]

I can't get on to try it out since Sakray is currently down, as well as I don't know if we're able to purchase kafra items for free for Silvervines to test it out. 

No listing of the said change, and there's no way to purchase Silvervine on Sakray. Safe to say it isn't implemented in this update.

#210 bbdrew

bbdrew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:49 PM

Any news on when sakray will be up?

#211 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:56 PM

So can someone list what is available and what isn't, I wanna try make a refined list of stuff that should be good for the Sakray test server.

#212 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:16 PM

Imo, the commonly used items we're still missing are:

General NPCs and item sets:

Fallen Angel Wing Enchanter, Temporal Boots Enchanter, RWC Accessories Enchanter.

Weight limit increase NPC

Mado gear NPC

Warg Flute

Godly Items

Mora Item sets

Headgears

Spoiler

Weapons

Tried to list the commonly used weapons per class which are not already available.

Spoiler

Armor

Spoiler

Garment

Spoiler

Shield

Spoiler

Boots

Spoiler

Accessories

Spoiler

Consumables

Spoiler

Edited by WolfTri, 05 August 2015 - 09:23 PM.

#213 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:53 AM

lower your standards, 90% of that stuff is not 'essential' most of those are luxury items and optimization items not like "it's impossible to play properly without this' like Phen was.

#214 Vath

Vath

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:08 AM

When will sakray be up?

#215 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:20 AM

What about faceworm skin?

#216 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

List that I have to Campitor that should be getting added into Sakray:

Spoiler

#217 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:50 AM

Yeah lets not add wanderer items like regrettable tear and throat lozenge. Its not like a chunk of 14.3 is for performer gears or anything.

#218 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:51 AM

Yeah lets not add wanderer items like regrettable tear and throat lozenge. Its not like a chunk of 14.3 is for performer gears or anything.

regrettable tear (Heartbroken_Tear) is in the list, but i forgot to add throat lozenge :(

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 06 August 2015 - 06:52 AM.

#219 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:03 AM

lower your standards, 90% of that stuff is not 'essential' most of those are luxury items and optimization items not like "it's impossible to play properly without this' like Phen was.

Testing involves successfully maneuvering the entirety of the memorial dungeons and other content, which are no doubt challenging. That in mind, top of the line equipment would certainly be deemed "essential". I tried to cover as many ideal gears as most common viable builds would require. Things listed as non-essential are those that would be ideal for a different, not-so-common build path, and which may not be effective or necessary in the given dungeons. Also, it isn't like its hurting anyone to provide said equipment. Makes the testing process several times more efficient. Don't see your reason for plaint. Also, if you wanted certain equipment, perhaps you should have compiled the list yourself. You're more than welcome to add things, I don't have full knowledge of all classes and hence cannot know all the necessary equipment.

#220 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:09 AM

Nope people completed the instances with the sub par gears already so you are factually wrong. Only certain classes were playable to this end, however. For example, gene was unplayable because no cannon balls or acid bombs. Warlock was unplayable because no phen. Etc. Those are "essential" items. The ones you talk about are nicities that make it easier, rather than make or break testing ability altogether.

I don't think you realize when you request stuff you create hours of work for campitor or whoever is developing. You shouldn't overburden him with requests that are more personal in nature and outside the scope of why sakray is set up. Its up to check 14.3 for bugs with npcs, translation issues, inability to set quest flags, new items not functioning at all, or whatever. Not a playground for you to test builds. If campitor has time to add a few things he will, but don't masquerade your optimal build testing items as "essential" for testing 14.3.

That is all I am suggesting.

Edited by Jaye, 06 August 2015 - 07:19 AM.

#221 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:32 AM

By that logic, even 175/60 isn't essential, nor are all the mvp cards that just got put in. And yet, there they are. The point of a test server is to enable testers to voluntarily test new content with as much ease and efficiency as possible, not a grind. There is simply nothing to lose by providing a tester any possible tool that might be helpful. I already mentioned what I mean by "essential", things that are part of an ideal build path in a normal scenario. I deemed non-essential as items which are used situationally, which are either rare or irrelevant to what is currently being tested. 

Sure you could complete the instances given enough time and effort and party members, none of which I'm willing to put in on a test server. Hence the necessity of these "niceties". I don't deny that they are top of the line, but my point is that top of the line is exactly what we should be getting on a test server.

Keep in mind that these NPCs can stay, and the effort saved for testers now and in future updates outweighs the effort needed to put in said items.

Edit: The items I requested are things I already have access to on Chaos, so a "masquerade for optimal build testing" is well out of the question. I realize it takes hours to put them in, but how many hours will be saved for how many testers by putting these in? Consider future updates as well, rather than thinking in the short term.

Edit2: If my request was personal, I would have sent a personal message to a GM. The reason I posted it here is so it is public, and people can add what they deem essential. I also don't see how you're making the assumption that my request was "personal". Maybe your first assumption about people shouldn't be that they're doing it for personal gain. The only reason I'm on sakray is to help identify bugs, something I've been doing throughout my RO life.  

Edited by WolfTri, 06 August 2015 - 07:49 AM.

#222 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:23 AM

Sakray is up the player requested gear NPC has a large amount of new gears. Next to him is a consumable npcs with alot more consumables. Trying to find the mount scripts.

#223 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:34 AM

Sakray is up the player requested gear NPC has a large amount of new gears. Next to him is a consumable npcs with alot more consumables. Trying to find the mount scripts.

Sweet, has most of the requested items. Thanks!

#224 scrunch3y

scrunch3y

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:23 PM

Bug Report: Hero Magic Coat says it prevents interruption of Cast(Phen card effect), but it does not.

#225 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

Ok,we got Coagulated Spell,Silvervine,SeaGod,Gym Pass but no npc's to use it '-'

btw,thanks camp will be  more easier with all this gears :D

Edited by Hissis, 06 August 2015 - 02:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users