[Classic] Legalized Auto Pot Discussion - Page 8 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Classic] Legalized Auto Pot Discussion

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#176 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:38 AM

Yup impossible to police. Then what if someone is using a macro? If/when gms decide to drop the banhammer innocents are going to get caught up in it. And I don't think Classic is in the right state to be getting rid of innocent players

#177 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:41 AM

It's not really in the state to get rid of guilty players either, when you really think about it.

But what do I know, I'm just some newb who doesn't know 20% of basic game mechanics

#178 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:45 AM

Then why do you keep making these topics if you know it's in such a crappy state? This is just achieving bad advertisement. It's why I don't even want to play on that server and why I took a break from it. Each topic as such confirms that it's still not worth the time, it's just filled with negative.

Can't we keep sore loser WoE reports to tickets already... and have these topics locked / deleted like they do for Renewal ?_? I think the start and pages filled with guild drama should be enough to warrant that.

#179 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

This again? If you want to discuss legalization AP then by all means go for it, if you are not happy about this thread altogether then you can choose not to participate, please.

#180 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Renewal, Classic

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:33 PM

Ambur, we would keep it to reports if a) they accomplished something and B) if we wouldn't get yelled at for spamming the report queue when we send in reports

If you don't like the threads or the server, there's a simple solution...don't read the threads and don't play on Classic.

#181 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:48 PM

alternatively, you guys could keep the discussion civil instead of trying to incite drama at every opportunity.  Instead of harassing the staff while they're trying to do their jobs, why don't you leave them alone and let them do their thing? 

How many times have you guys suspect that a GM was standing near you and just all harassed that invisible GM in the chat non stop?  Seems like you guys do that at every opportunity you can get.  Have you considered that your actions may be actively deterring the staff from doing their jobs properly?

#182 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:59 PM

This again? If you want to discuss legalization AP then by all means go for it, if you are not happy about this thread altogether then you can choose not to participate, please.

Yes, side with those starting threads that contain screenshots / videos which you typically censor in regards to Renewal.

This isn't a discussion, it wasn't from the start - view deleted OP amd mass threads created. Only people calling it one reside from one area. I want a real discussion and the trash modded out but that doesn't happen, refer to pages in this thread containing it.

Otherwise if we are calling this a discussion then I am adding to it the same way the guild drama in it has, it's not productive beyond for drama.

I want the server to get better but this chases away COUNTLESS people from WoE and PvM altogether. Every week there has been one thing or another about the end of the world on classic towards cheats/hacks/dupes... mostly from one crowd.

Can I not discuss this since I'd prefer the server got better but can't due to the lack of a real discussion? If people come in with legit concerns they get pounced on by the major poster in the thread, one gets modded but guild drama gets left and not warned even after a warning. Being consistent woud be a great start to making Classic better.

Edited by Ambur, 20 August 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#183 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:01 PM

What is the forum policy regarding someone posting for someone that has been banned?

Just curious :D

Edited by rockymom, 20 August 2015 - 01:02 PM.

#184 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

I haven't posted for Almr in weeks. You don't have to keep bringing it up.

#185 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

I still see posts attacking users for expressing their concerns rather than addressing the topic at hand. Please moderate - not lock. It'll just come up again and again. There are enough people upset at this situation to make over a years worth of threads if one was started every week. It's not worth the aggro of shutting them all down.

Regarding the bad rep stuff : Renewal has it's own fair share, I could go ahead and start linking up, but let me reference one thread in particular as an example.

https://forums.warpp...-is-coming-wtf/

Also this is not locked:

https://forums.warpp...cussion-thread/

To say that it's only classic that has bad rep / bad feedback threads is ridiculous.

People have real concerns and are being attacked on merit of their username. Many of the people in this very thread actually agree with eachother despite being on opposing sides of the "gvg scene". The problems are stemming from people assuming the threads are aimed at them, when in reality, the people being complained about (if to put in any specifics) actually haven't been named in this thread, or even had a person from their guild post. It is serverwide, people need to stop making it about indivudual players/groups.

#186 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:28 PM

Go ahead put it in then I don't think a flood of new players will come banging down the gates of prontera and lining gravitys pockets with cash. I will say this from your history you took feedback about satan morroc and how they didint want it to be easy or reflect killed and random portal entries. Instead none of that came true there was no super competitiveness for it. Just a free farm for a year with a /memo exploit then reported once they made billions from the woe population. And the rest are left to fend for ourselves how will this exactly bring in new players if you can prove to me that I'll gain atleast 35% woe population for long term players I will stand behind it but at t currently stands the only data there is between the haves and have nots.

#187 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

Go ahead put it in then I don't think a flood of new players will come banging down the gates of prontera and lining gravitys pockets with cash. I will say this from your history you took feedback about satan morroc and how they didint want it to be easy or reflect killed and random portal entries. Instead none of that came true there was no super competitiveness for it. Just a free farm for a year with a /memo exploit then reported once they made billions from the woe population. And the rest are left to fend for ourselves how will this exactly bring in new players if you can prove to me that I'll gain atleast 35% woe population for long term players I will stand behind it but at t currently stands the only data there is between the haves and have nots.

I've killed morroc exactly 3 times, why are you trying to make this personal? I'm not sure if you think I'm aquarius

(hint : I'M NOT) and none of this is relevant to the topic at hand anyway.

#188 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:52 PM

Did I mention ur name am mention how they took feedback and none of the fears the community had from last year came true I can care less how many times anyone kills mvps il the data at hand does not prove its worth allowing this to be legalized it does not show that new players/guilds will run to join our server nor does it prove that this will allow fair fights when this game rewards items 1st Low latency 2nd natural ability 3rd if this does even get legalized I will be losing the only guild leader I respect to play for. So it does not Benifit me in allowing this if am losing most of the players I deal with on a daily basis

#189 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:00 PM

Did I mention ur name am mention how they took feedback and none of the fears the community had from last year came true I can care less how many times anyone kills mvps il the data at hand does not prove its worth allowing this to be legalized it does not show that new players/guilds will run to join our server nor does it prove that this will allow fair fights when this game rewards items 1st Low latency 2nd natural ability 3rd if this does even get legalized I will be losing the only guild leader I respect to play for. So it does not Benifit me in allowing this if am losing most of the players I deal with on a daily basis

My apologies, I took context cues from your previous posts on the matter.

The server isn't fair as it stands, if it continues I'll be losing most of my guild. So you understand my feelings then, we are not so different...

May the best side win.

Enough rhetoric : how does it affect you? Why does it affect you? Why does your guildleader think this will change the game? How does he feel about the number of people using it already? Does he believe it can be stopped? What difference does it make?

These are the points that are needed to be taken seriously, rather than just stomping feet and playing the quit card. Reasons reasons reasons reasons.

Edited by Xellie, 20 August 2015 - 02:27 PM.

#190 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:10 AM

expecting a new guild to be competitive against 10 belts, 2 hammers, 2 gtb's, and 3 DR/GRs

expecting a new guild to be competitive against 3 belts, 1 hammer, and 3 FBH

expecting a new guild to be competitive against nearly endless amount of supplies.

expecting a new guild to be competitive against anyone when the economy isn't healthy enough to supply/support a new guild.

I don't see how the concerns of fresh/new guilds isn't valid when it comes to addressing the issues you guys are complaining about.  Maybe some of the newer guilds that autopot/cheat feel that it is necessary to bridge the gap between having the very minimum amount of assets vs almost 3 years of accelerated farming of the server.  Same could be said for any guild/players that do not already own half of all the powerful assets in the game under 1 guild.  Don't invalidate the concerns of the other 3/4ths of the server just because you're not a part of that group.

#191 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:13 AM

Ahhh and Ive been wondering where Almr is. Ive not seen his posts for a very long time now :/

#192 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:48 AM

@ schia:

It really isn't the new guilds / players that are the biggest users of AP and other cheats. It's members of the larger guilds, long time players and former players that play on pservers these days and just come to IRO to be bullies and trolls.

#193 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:55 AM

I just don't see how legalizing or keeping ap illegal will revive classic

#194 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:12 AM

expecting a new guild to be competitive against 10 belts, 2 hammers, 2 gtb's, and 3 DR/GRs

expecting a new guild to be competitive against 3 belts, 1 hammer, and 3 FBH

expecting a new guild to be competitive against nearly endless amount of supplies.

expecting a new guild to be competitive against anyone when the economy isn't healthy enough to supply/support a new guild.

I don't see how the concerns of fresh/new guilds isn't valid when it comes to addressing the issues you guys are complaining about.  Maybe some of the newer guilds that autopot/cheat feel that it is necessary to bridge the gap between having the very minimum amount of assets vs almost 3 years of accelerated farming of the server.  Same could be said for any guild/players that do not already own half of all the powerful assets in the game under 1 guild.  Don't invalidate the concerns of the other 3/4ths of the server just because you're not a part of that group.

Well apart from the fact that it's actually legal to play the game and earn items and the fact you're trying to turn this all into being about Valhalla (again); you actually get (some of) it.

It would make things easier/fairer on new guilds.

It's just too bad most of the cheaters have access to as much crap as I do.

#195 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:57 AM

Well apart from the fact that it's actually legal to play the game and earn items and the fact you're trying to turn this all into being about Valhalla (again); you actually get (some of) it.

It would make things easier/fairer on new guilds.

It's just too bad most of the cheaters have access to as much crap as I do.

yes because the concerns of new/fresh players that are there to eventually feed into the woe population do not matter because everyone else already have everything and already have their core group of players.  Ever wonder why woe is always the same core population of like 200ish players?  Its because of attitudes like this and all the changes that cater towards that.  The population for woe will continue to diminish if that is really what you want.

#196 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:22 AM

Can you stop turning the fact that people are cheating on the people who don't want to / don't like cheating? It's really not our fault people can't follow the rules.

You seem to have problems sticking to one topic, this topic is about autopot, not item inequality (which is an issue in its own right). If it means so much to you, make a topic and go discuss it.

Derailing other people's legit concerns because they're not your concerns is stupid. Please stop.

Edited by Xellie, 21 August 2015 - 09:24 AM.

#197 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

Spoiler

And the migrant group of players that comes and goes as they please?  Every time they hop on is as if they're playing from scratch with a set of basic gear.  Is cheating/autopotting out of necessity to even remotely be competitive actually a thing no one considers?  Was it not your argument that autopotters waste less supplies due to no overpotting?  If I'm walking into a woe and i need to make 400 pots last against someone that has thousands and they just spam it inhumanly fast with macros, then I might consider autopotting because there is no way i would let each pot go to waste.  Better yet, I'd probably just play something else because it wouldn't be a fun environment at all.

If the intra community relations were repaired?  We could just talk to the players and be like "yo, lets not auto pot".  And the problem would be over. However, as long as people continue to antagonize each other and purposely force each other to be enemies?  There would be no respect for each other, and each side will continue to demonize the other because that is what you need to do to keep the fight going.  One day, someone is going to just realize that they've had enough and without the community to support them then they'll just leave.  Worst would be that someone would realize the things each other are doing to each other and relations would actually become hostile.  Unfortunately, I believe we have been at this point since the days of pre-renewal loki.  Without player retention and a welcoming environment to new players?  What will eventually become of the community?  Your attitude does not help this at all, nor does your guild members. 

Every week we are spammed with countless classic drama threads that no one wants to even see because its always the same mantra where one side cries about all the horrible cheats the other people are doing and the unfair GM presence, while completely ignoring that their side is just as bad.  This does not give the classic community, YOUR community, a good impression.

#198 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:57 PM

Let me ask you this schia.

How often do you help random new people? Are you one of those that takes time to talk to new people, explain some things, maybe even take them out leveling for a bit? I know that many members of Valhalla do that more often than you think. I was just doing that this evening with a bunch of folks in ID3 that were in their 70's. There was also a lovely 99 HP from Aurora in there on both her HP and LK mobbing. Lots of players do whatever they can to help new folks and give them a good start in the game.

It's not all about drama and other crap. Some of us would just prefer that people don't cheat and would just play the game as it was made.

#199 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

hey, i literally just watched this episode last night O:

*flies away on off-topic fairy wings*

#200 LarryProbe

LarryProbe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:12 PM

9/10 so far, we are almost there guys!

AP is such a minor annoyance and honestly [I feel] it only truly benefits certain classes. That may sound like a cheap excuse but it's how I view AP, I've never had problems killing people using it and I don't think anyone else should either.

As for enforcing these issues...

Anyone smart enough will never be caught using AP anyways so crying to enforce it specifically is relatively hard.

MP Hacks are MP hacks, hard to enforce and nearly impossible to tell w/o someone watching the character and even then it could be one of a few things that are legal and not cheating.

NDL is a different story all together.

The mere amount of cheats possible is something that I think only 5% of the player base truly understands, I'd be slightly glad that the only a few of them have surfaced in mass use and the really nasty ones have stayed to a few groups of people.

Edited by LarryProbe, 21 August 2015 - 06:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users