Patch Notes 8/25/2015 - Page 4 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 8/25/2015

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#76 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:41 AM

Sadly, I never got to try metro city, but ive heard more negative about it than positive. Would be cool to see it released after the bugs get fixed.

381bc03be9e315cb4610d0bcb158d611.png

I HAD to.

#77 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:43 AM

Breeze has one of the best medals, I didn't know. Which one is it? What does it do?

dragonsaga15082811411301_by_sigeel-d97fz

#78 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:43 AM

Breeze has one of the best medals, I didn't know. Which one is it? What does it do?

"Catch me I dare you" at special category. It's basically the Galaxy Expert achievement with +5% more MS, ATK Speed, Cast Speed.

//Edit: sigeel was a bit faster

Edited by Zackx23, 28 August 2015 - 12:43 AM.

#79 Mizuro75

Mizuro75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationGermany (Hamburg)

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:51 AM

First of all I really appreciate the level restricitions for dungeons and mission maps but some people were able to farm solo at Van Cliff Fortress or Drakos before the "new" level requirement which isn't able for them any longer.

I won't suggest to change any of these level restricitions but I got another suggestion but I really got no idea if something like this is even possible to implement.

I suggest that the "underlevel protection" only affect partys/groups, so the people who can already run these dungeons solo can still do it but the abuse would still be prevented since these people would die in partys/groups.

Another little fact I just want to state here, since some people criticized me for being against a x-Gold Event (hopefully they all understand it some day :D).

Now the fact... many people said the Money Bag Gasha Box is useless but I got 450g in week only out of these boxes. I think this is far enough for an event and there are many other people who probably got even more.

And there are 10 different money bags so the inventory isn't that much blocked in my opinion.

Edited by Mizuro75, 28 August 2015 - 01:15 AM.

#80 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:58 AM

Another little fact I just want to state here, since some people criticized me for being against a x-Gold Event (hopefully they all understand it some day :D).

Now the fact... many people said the Money Bag Gasha Box is useless but I got 450g in week only out of these boxes. I think this is far enough for an event and there are many other people who probably got even more.

And there are 10 different money bags so the inventory isn't that much blocked in my opinion.

this

//Edit: *looking at your location* Da*** u doing in mah city D:

Edited by Zackx23, 28 August 2015 - 02:03 AM.

#81 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:04 AM

I agree, the breeze run was unnecessary. A totally waste of time. In my opinion the devs should have used the time they needed to create F7 and these race "events" better to create high-quality content in the higher-levels.

That's kind of reverse logic here : they simply had no idea what to do whatsoever, so they used their time for something that happened to be unworthy of anyone's effort. This time couldn't have been used for anything else since they were lacking the ideas and motivation for it.

Just clearing things up. 

I have to fully agree on everything said regarding F7. And yes proper end-game content is what we need.

Please do not even talk about these "stupid" runs. I agree they have nothing to do with rpg at all and that the devs should have used their resources better on something else. Maybe something "good" - or at least something else worthy.......had found the way into the game. [...]

I have to agree that metro city kinda......sticks out.....but sadly not in a good way. Agree, it kinda doesn't get the whole atmosphere of the other game parts. Maybe the devs should have put their resources on something else instead.

Same as above, and I'll point out the Galaxia dungeons and cars and premium weapons or costumes as extremely more lore-fitting than the Metro City event. Which all are permanent while Metro City only stayed for some time.

#82 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:22 AM

this

//Edit: *looking at your location* DaHECK u doing in mah city D:

Hey, friendo, do you mind editing the foul language out of your post? I'd hate to see you get in trouble over it :)

#83 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:27 AM

I suggest that the "underlevel protection" only affect partys/groups, so the people who can already run these dungeons solo can still do it but the abuse would still be prevented since these people would die in partys/groups.

This is sadly not possible.

That's kind of reverse logic here : they simply had no idea what to do whatsoever, so they used their time for something that happened to be unworthy of anyone's effort. This time couldn't have been used for anything else since they were lacking the ideas and motivation for it.

They had prepared enough for updates. There were ideas for a battle pet system, for pets which can use clothing (which is half implemented), what is about Sky Garden? We found half implemented informations for 2 new mission + field maps and one new field map without mission: Mirage Hill, Sandstorm Desert and Wasteland. These are partly prepared in the database, but there are no maps or such available. We found some more prepared things in the database which never have been implemented. We have NPCs they never used. There was no lack of ideas. 

Edited by Popcorn, 28 August 2015 - 01:32 AM.

#84 Nephryl

Nephryl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:34 AM

I agree with Sigeel, the players should be able to "choose the way of levling" rather than being forced to one. The f7 shouldn't be removed, those who like it , they can do it but make more ways of obtaining exp. If you remove the f7, people will do f6, remove that , people will do f1 .. then we will again have the "Dragon saga the f1 spam game".

You want people to do content more? make those useless quests give like 5 % exp(for example) on any level and you will see how everyone will know the story. Hunter quests after 65 or 70 if I remember right they give a really small quantity of exp and the quests aren't easy specially if you just started, (I remember taking those hunter quests once .. tried to do them for 3 hours and never touched them again after I saw what exp I got XD).

I know that this game is made so that we spend money and time on leveling but if you concentrate on that after a while you will just ignore the quests since they are useless unless you want to know the story. I think there should be more ways for obtaining exp, be it better bonuses on channels , including 1 that gives NO exp( because if there are farmers of cards or specific items like me that have capped characters, will know the pain of suiciding XD), better quest exp, better exp from field mobs, you can even make a small bonus depending on the level of your highest character, so the alts gets a little boost, but make all this ways of obtaining giving mostly the same amount of exp so we don't have again 1 way that will be more op than the other. While at it there could be a option to check/uncheck the exp at all, at least I would like that XD  

I know that there is a guy on the forums complaining how we get exp too fast but.. really? is it? if I want to stop on some level I will , if I wanna level I will level to the end using the content of the game or not. If you are new to the game, you will definitely use what game gives you and explore, but if you wanna have alts you will know what to skip or not next time. If you will go to lvl 70 you wont waste time to farm bone items and enchant items you won't need at least that's my view on forcing players on using the content. Of course , there are those who will use ( I do it too from time to time), and they are free to do so but to expect that we all love doing everything the same as any other is a bit silly. There is already a lot of farming in this game, be it items or cards or windy farm.. and if people wanna level fast to the level they want and concentrate on other things I don't see why they shouldn't. I have  a lvl 85 character and from time to time, if I wanna do a quest, I take one of the many I never did even if it's in steven's trading port lol. Because after 6 years and 15 high leveled characters (counting those on EU) I really wanna skip content if I can.

#85 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:35 AM

I'd like to see an endgame boss of the legendary heroes go rogue, or maybe all of them getting possessed, and having a pvp-style boss fight with all of them (at the same time!) in the labyrinth of mystery! Oooh oooh with different rotations where they use different tactics every week! And.. uhh.. that's not possible, I know.

I'd love to see some more of the ideas the old devs had though, after the takeover.

#86 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:42 AM

I agree with Sigeel, the players should be able to "choose the way of levling" rather than being forced to one. The f7 shouldn't be removed, those who like it , they can do it but make more ways of obtaining exp. If you remove the f7, people will do f6, remove that , people will do f1 .. then we will again have the "Dragon saga the f1 spam game".

You want people to do content more? make those useless quests give like 5 % exp(for example) on any level and you will see how everyone will know the story. Hunter quests after 65 or 70 if I remember right they give a really small quantity of exp and the quests aren't easy specially if you just started, (I remember taking those hunter quests once .. tried to do them for 3 hours and never touched them again after I saw what exp I got XD).

No one will remove F7 now since it's there and everyone is used to it. 

I agree on that the higher-level quests need a rework. We also already discussed a rework of the (especially) high-level Hunter G. and Guild Quests and this will be done soon. One step we made regarding this is to remove the forced PvP from all Guild Quests in every level range.

Edited by Popcorn, 28 August 2015 - 01:46 AM.

#87 Nephryl

Nephryl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:45 AM

I agree on that the higher-level quests need a rework. We also already discussed a rework of the (especially) high-level Hunter G. and Guild Quests and this will be done soon. One step we made regarding this is to remove the forced PvP from all Guild Quests in every level range.

that is some quite awesome news :)!!!

#88 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:48 AM

We are aware that from about Lv. 55+ the players have no real alternative to F7, even players who don't like F7 are forced to do it, like me for example. I have no problem playing F7 from time to time to relax a bit or just for the fun, but being forced playing F7 to level up is not the right way. But at the moment it's sadly the only way to do it. 

One step could be adjusting the EXP of the already available quests for Lvl. 55+ and we are working on filling up the "quest-less" levels, so that there is an alternative way for all the players who prefer to play the game as an RPG instead of tower defense :). So that everyone has a real choice.

For sure this takes time and can't be done within one week. I am sure you can imagine that WarpPortal does not have a "small team of 80 men" (this is a quote from a big game developer company) working on the titles. But at least the production team is working on it.
The production team is working on what can be done so far - and WP does not claim to be able to do things the production team is simply not able to do at the moment. We still have a long way to go, but we do not make fake promises, we are working on it all together. One step after another.

Edited by Popcorn, 28 August 2015 - 01:57 AM.

#89 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:52 AM

this is incredible news!!  :Emo_15:  :Emo_15:

#90 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:04 AM

yay! :heh:

Something I would love to see happen. Great news indeed! :p_smile:

We are aware that from about Lv. 55+ the players have no real alternative to F7, even players who don't like F7 are forced to do it, like me for example. I have no problem playing F7 from time to time to relax a bit or just for the fun, but being forced playing F7 to level up is not the right way. But at the moment it's sadly the only way to do it. 

One step could be adjusting the EXP of the already available quests for Lvl. 55+ and we are working on filling up the "quest-less" levels, so that there is an alternative way for all the players who prefer to play the game as an RPG instead of tower defense :). So that everyone has a real choice.

For sure this takes time and can't be done within one week. I am sure you can imagine that WarpPortal does not have a "small team of 80 men" (this is a quote from a big game developer company) working on the titles. But at least the production team is working on it.
The production team is working on what can be done so far - and WP does not claim to be able to do things the production team is simply not able to do at the moment. We still have a long way to go, but we do not make fake promises, we are working on it all together. One step after another.

Thanks for all the informations Poppie. :p_smile:

I agree on the part that F7 people shall happy go on playing F7 and that there needs to be an alternative way for the people that only play F7 because they have to  - to level up I mean. So all players would have a fair choice of which way they want to go, maybe even combine the ways like - today is a quest day, tomorrow I want to do some F7.....like this.

Yes, I guess that is one thing that is currently missing in the game. :p_smile:

#91 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:17 AM

Hunter G and Guild quests are fine up to the level 70-74 range, but then they stay the same forever which is just one more sign of developer neglect. There are no proper quests for the 75-79 and 80-84 ranges and it'd be nice to have some.

But what are you going to put in there? Black Claw Nest for 75-79, Galaxia for 80-84? 

Wanted quests is even more in need of updates, btw.

Speaking of ideas the developers had in the past, there were several mentions of an F8 Tournament Mode. Anyone knows what that really was going to be?

Edited by Laburey21, 28 August 2015 - 02:22 AM.

#92 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:26 AM

Hunter G and Guild quests are fine up to the level 70-74 range, 

The daily quests for Lvl. 60~70 itself are good, but the needed "amounts" are sometimes not that good. It's very time consuming if you have the mission to kill a boss monster in Drakos in one of the higher floors 2 times, killing it 1 time would be enough in my opinion. 

The time you need for this daily quests bears no relation to the EXP you finally get.

but then they stay the same forever which is just one more sign of developer neglect. There are no proper quests for the 75-79 and 80-84 ranges and it'd be nice to have some.

But what are you going to put in there? Black Claw Nest for 75-79, Galaxia for 80-84? 

That's a good question. As I said, we can only solve things step by step hoping DS will become a better game finally. But I think the phrase "haste makes waste" fits very well. It's better to get something good than some overhasty stuff.

Wanted quests is even more in need of updates, btw.

We'll look into it too :)

#93 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:30 AM

Speaking of ideas the developers had in the past, there were several mentions of an F8 Tournament Mode. Anyone knows what that really was going to be?

We already saw some preparations for this in the database, but I personally don't know much about it. It could have maybe been planned as a "team-f7" mode, but this is only an assumption. I will ask the guys of the production team if WP got any infos about this plan.

#94 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:47 AM

Aaaah... so it wasn't about ideas, but proper, overwhelming neglect... I see. It's too bad I already saw korean developpers of free-to-play games as belonging to the last positions of my personnal rankings, I would have let them go down some more. Thanks for the explanations by the way.

#95 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:GAY

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:39 AM

Hey just bcoz u cant eat the grapes doesnt means its sour. And just bcoz u cant win in race doesnt make it a waste of time. I enjoy doing breeze runs. Too bad if u cant win but dont make yourself sound like a certain insensitive someone that whines abt not being able to get ragged (socketed) and ends up and rubs it into ragged users when socket removals were announced

#96 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:50 AM

Hey just bcoz u cant eat the grapes doesnt means its sour. And just bcoz u cant win in race doesnt make it a waste of time. I enjoy doing breeze runs. Too bad if u cant win but dont make yourself sound like a certain insensitive someone that whines abt not being able to get ragged (socketed) and ends up and rubs it into ragged users when socket removals were announced

Your reasoning is rather shallow if you think that everyone who dislikes Breeze Run does so because they can't win. I dislike Breeze Run because it's not RPG, it's pure arcade. When I play an RPG I want to experience the game world through my character, not having my character's stats nullified just so I can compete with others about being best at the controls. If I want to do that, there are plenty of other games to play. To use your symbolism, to me Breeze Run isn't even a grape to begin with, it's a weed.

Edited by Laburey21, 28 August 2015 - 03:51 AM.

#97 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:01 AM

Breeze run is actually for the noobs! I don't know why people even with fully enchanted POS dispute with them. It's not the only way you can make money. The noobs deserve breeze run and the pros just ruin them all because they never yield to the noobs. I watch YouTube, I see how people race differently. I see they really have fun with it.

#98 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:GAY

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:17 AM

So pvping with level 20 weaps doesnt click with u either. lol and u might say that I'm shallow but ive seen many ppl joining races for like 3 times and never appear again. Just bcoz races doesnt click with u doesnt make races a waste of time to others lol

#99 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:27 AM

they don't join again because the pros don't yield to the newbies. They can't finish which just ruined their motivation. 1st job change quest is their motivation, they found their "achievements". Yes, they can't make it everytime so they just join 2 3 times then quit. Who just drive them away?

#100 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:45 AM

to be fair if we are talking about actual noobies here that only now just got in the game, they wouldn't even know the breeze run exists because it is so well hidden.

And of course you lose motivation after you managed to complete the run halfway after failing and failing on those traps and then the super fast farmer reaches the finish line, after which it sets off the timer on a minute or 30 seconds countdown or so to reach the goal XD (which to a person who is only learning the path is near to impossible)

I know i have never seen what the rest of that run looks like so i gave up in the end XD

Edited by sigeel, 28 August 2015 - 04:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users