Patch Notes 8/25/2015 - Page 6 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 8/25/2015

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#126 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

On the topic of guild quests: I would like to see guild quests that you could do, you know, with your guild. By this I mean that all members in a party could get the same quest.

#127 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:38 AM

On the topic of guild quests: I would like to see guild quests that you could do, you know, with your guild. By this I mean that all members in a party could get the same quest.

I agree to this. Sadly the client is not able to do something like that at the moment.

Edited by Popcorn, 29 August 2015 - 08:38 AM.

#128 IreKire

IreKire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:37 PM

sorry this is going to be obviously posted in the wrong area, but I do not see the other thread now that im logged in vs vistor status when I seen it. The thread was about some sort of min/max level for dungeons, and although I do see the point in this it makes me wonder if my low level characters I plan to keep low level so they can farm monster cards and etc should just throw away the galixia dungeon maps and coins that you have given out to us in the past for compensation and events, or perhaps maybe make them tradeable for something more level appropriate at the vending machine? or mailable? I kind of don't see the point in giving away gifts that we can now no longer use, yes I could level my characters, but I don't need or want that many high level characters, sometimes its fun to play lower level characters in areas that are boring on high level high stacked characters.

#129 Brian26

Brian26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

Plus it'd be nice to see more people pvping.

6. Oh and can we please fix battle square lv 41-50 and 51-60.  It works literally 3 maybe 4 times a week.  out of... 21 battle squares that exist per week.  

Honestly, i  think PVP died when the stats changed. I mean now evade and aim are practically useless. If the stats cant be changed, can we change it so that the better stats such as CR is harder to SC of accessories than aim? I think Aim is like the rarest stat you can get on accessories right now, and its not really useful.

#130 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

Honestly, i  think PVP died when the stats changed. I mean now evade and aim are practically useless.

They dodge by elemental resistance. This sounds ridiculous but it's true by observation.

#131 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:46 PM

Evading an attack is completely nullifying it ; player isn't launched into the air nor knocked down, and doesn't flinch either.

Resistance decreases damage, but doesn't help with standing on your feet at all.

#132 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:04 PM

Resistance decreases damage, but doesn't help with standing on your feet at all.

Like i said, it's ridiculous but it's true. You can test if you want, i already test with a 6* resistance and 6th set item of POS. 13% evade of the wings does not change significantly.

Get a weak-evader class like Invoker, it's easier to control. There is no reason why you don't have enough aim rate. What could the other possibility be? Resistance.

Edit : fix grammar.

Edited by SoulSight, 29 August 2015 - 03:35 PM.

#133 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:29 PM

sorry this is going to be obviously posted in the wrong area, but I do not see the other thread now that im logged in vs vistor status when I seen it. The thread was about some sort of min/max level for dungeons, and although I do see the point in this it makes me wonder if my low level characters I plan to keep low level so they can farm monster cards and etc should just throw away the galixia dungeon maps and coins that you have given out to us in the past for compensation and events, or perhaps maybe make them tradeable for something more level appropriate at the vending machine? or mailable? I kind of don't see the point in giving away gifts that we can now no longer use, yes I could level my characters, but I don't need or want that many high level characters, sometimes its fun to play lower level characters in areas that are boring on high level high stacked characters.

Valid Point.

#134 ScrambledCraig

ScrambledCraig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:57 PM

Honestly, i  think PVP died when the stats changed. I mean now evade and aim are practically useless. If the stats cant be changed, can we change it so that the better stats such as CR is harder to SC of accessories than aim? I think Aim is like the rarest stat you can get on accessories right now, and its not really useful.

Nailed it tumblr_n7l4roURf51sl3k12o1_400.gif

#135 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

You can always move them to a higher level character via an account vault, friendo

#136 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:20 PM

yeah but usually card farmers aren't connected to the main account since it's much faster farming 32 cards with more than 3 characters as cards are not always on the board daily

and not everyone wants to buy an account vault with its limitations

#137 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:56 PM

The tickets and coins from the event are free stuff. Capping chars is your own decision. Galaxia is designed to played by chars 50+. If you decide to cap your chars below this level it's completely your decision, but you have to live with the consequences that this chars won't be able to run Galaxia or any other game content that's not suitable for their particular capped level. 

It works now how the game is originally designed. The korean devs just forgot some commands.

I agree when you say it's problematic to farm monster cards without capping your char. Finding a better way to get monster cards must become a point of discussion within the production team. We are open to reasonable suggestions.

Edited by Popcorn, 29 August 2015 - 11:00 PM.

#138 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:40 PM

The tickets and coins from the event are free stuff. Capping chars is your own decision. Galaxia is designed to played by chars 50+. If you decide to cap your chars below this level it's completely your decision, but you have to live with the consequences that this chars won't be able to run Galaxia or any other game content that's not suitable for their particular capped level.
It works now how the game is originally designed. The korean devs just forgot some commands.

I agree when you say it's problematic to farm monster cards without capping your char. Finding a better way to get monster cards must become a point of discussion within the production team. We are open to reasonable suggestions.

I have very little interest in monster cards, but how about replacing one of the trophy reward things with a monster card box, randomly?

Edit: are they even trophies, or little sheets of paper or something that randomly give a piece of equipment? Iunno. Like I said, I have little interest in them, so I don't know much about them anymore.

Edited by ManItsMike, 29 August 2015 - 11:41 PM.

#139 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:29 AM

5. Honestly, I found nothing wrong with having pvp quests for guild/hunters as pvp as much as people seem to forgot is also part of the game.  And it does help you learn how to use different skills.  Plus it'd be nice to see more people pvping.

I personally always found that part tedious because you needed to get a pvp wins out of it. so you either sit around a lobby waiting for someone to appear, and finally get a person much more skilled/more geared than you are, and you keep losing, making that particular quest very time consuming Ofc what we used to do in eu was to ask a friend to basically let us win until the boring quest was done. which was most definitely not something that filled up pvp rooms XDD

but i do think there should be some sort of a system implemented here for people who actually enjoy pvping. be it like pvp hunter/guild quests that would yield same rewards as regular hunter/guild quests. 

This is something that guild wars have implemented in their dailys. a person can pick and choose a number of quests from each category pve/pvp/capture the flag type quests- whichever suits their gameplay better.

if you are strictly pvp you can choose all of them to be pvp, or if you are pve you can only do those. or if you wanna mix them, you can.

#140 IreKire

IreKire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:17 PM

true, forgot about act vaults, ill have to consider more in the future, but yeah I don't care for monster card hunting either, but would rather have chars spread in level for enjoyment purposes, sadly I was just and still am too busy to be running zodiac to use up those coins and maps, ty for the responses and ideas

#141 IreKire

IreKire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:18 PM

yeah same with pvp, normally you find people thatl give ya wins or trade off wins if they need or want wins as well

#142 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:33 AM

while on the subject of vaults, can we ever expect to see guild vault expansion?  :( please?

#143 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:59 AM

I wouldn't say the tickets and etc is free stuff, it's compensation for a 2 week+ rollback where people most likely lost the equivalent or more of the items valued.  I myself lost 6*s and multiple monster cards.

so... yeah... steep price to pay for a box of stuff that you can't use anymore

also the trophies at high lvl give you a random chance of monster card boxes which i thought people already knew

Edited by flubsy, 31 August 2015 - 06:06 AM.

#144 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:31 AM

also the trophies at high lvl give you a random chance of monster card boxes which i thought people already knew

I don't think many people know for these reasons :

- Most people do not do "wanted" at high level.

+ People look at "wanted" reward, they see the trophy -> no monster card.

+ They do not really know that trophy randomly contains monster card box, which you acknowledged me. This had become a secret.

+ "Wanted" does not bring much EXP, it's time consuming.

- They think of running F7 FV.

+ They think of jobchange.

+ They think of farming gold at Verglas Ridge

+ They think of equipping Zauharant quickly to find gold way faster.

#145 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:14 AM

I don't think many people know for these reasons :

- Most people do not do "wanted" at high level.

+ People look at "wanted" reward, they see the trophy -> no monster card.

+ They do not really know that trophy randomly contains monster card box, which you acknowledged me. This had become a secret.

+ "Wanted" does not bring much EXP, it's time consuming.

- They think of running F7 FV.

+ They think of jobchange.

+ They think of farming gold at Verglas Ridge

+ They think of equipping Zauharant quickly to find gold way faster.

yup i certanly didnt know, what i used to get from the trophies were just regular pieces of equipment /mphp potions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users