Where are all the clerics? - Page 4 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Where are all the clerics?

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#76 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:That one

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:05 PM

People don't respect clerics and now with this stupid possiblity to making a char of all classes to buff, wtf somebody needs a cleric? 

#77 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

You still need the cleric for max buffs. Just sayin. 

#78 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn my Gigi's heart
  • Server:Arua

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:00 PM

Buff plz tyty :p_idea:

Destiny the 'plz tyty' is actually a bonus :)  Very few ingame say it. Ever had ppl just barking 'buff' as a command and expects to be buffed without another word ? Manners are seriously lacking...

Edited by Nura, 11 September 2015 - 09:06 PM.

#79 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:05 PM

5. Our FS cleric buffs are nothing compared to class charm buffer buffs. Personally I think classes should have the buffs with buffs spread out between all of the classes.  Give some to FS cleric obviously too but without so many buffs we could actually get some defensive and offensive skills and still have heals as our main skills.  

I would love to hear what other FS clerics feel but in general the character used to be a lot more fun to play.  At this point I have tried a lot of variations but I think being a buff slave is more the norm now than it even used to be.  A lot of that is probably the fault of the FS clerics but in general I think the attitude of players in game has really changed over the years.  

I am not into PvP but can totally understand the situation that clerics land themselves in these games. Love your suggestion about distributing buffs, enabling clerics to use SP for some 'self protection' skills. 

#80 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:23 PM

Buffs were already distributed, and it didn't change anything at all. People refused to sacrifice a very small percentage of their stats when the option was still available to a cleric. The only way the distribution would work in a way that changed peoples minds, is if the distributed buffs weren't available to clerics at all. Then the classes would have no choice but either learn to play without them, or invest in the buffs themselves. I tried proposing this before, and people went full on banana sandwich over it. 

#81 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:05 PM

Really, my opinion hasn't changed since the initial skill reset.   It was messed up then, but everyone wanted to be so hopeful.  I have shared countless times what is wrong with clerics, but because everyone wanted to take the easy route--well this is where it got us.  Clerics were fine before the skill reset.  You had to know what you were doing to survive.  Now its all skill spam.  And despite everyone loving the easy, that's what makes it boring over time.  A game without a challenge is where we are at.  They turned Clerics into slaves--which is what I said when the charm thing came about.  The first thing after resets it became a mad rush to get charm.  Then they complained that they were weak. Well of course you were, you just put all your stats into charm and nothing else. 

We have too many heals is one of my biggest complaints--No one agrees because they just can't see how it effects the game--We, as a whole, are far too fond of easy.  The system was supposed to be designed to keep us from spam healing, but with 8+ heals, the only thing restraining us is global cooldown, which is a joke. How many of them are aoe heals?  So really, its become a game of how long can a cleric stand still and spam heal(Don't even get me going on salamander flames).  Just keep pressing those f keys.  That's a lot of fun.  Yep. Heal's shouldn't be our main skill.  We support. Support doesn't necessarily fixing someone's injury.  It's also unmuting them, purifying them, Before the skill reset, you had to actually consider who you were going to heal. I really liked when I could effectively stun to help someone escape peril.  Do I save the champ next to me who is likely to save me, or the raider who will cloak and abandon me when they are in trouble?  Do I save myself first, or do I sacrifice myself for the team--Do I purify my champ to make sure he lasts, or hope that he outlasts the poison and burn.  Do I have time to unmute the mage?  These are all questions that became pretty much non existent. 

And the problem is, when other things change, the cleric population isn't changing with it. Damage is too bad(I would agree that its a little too high)? They continue to stand in the same spot to heal.  All the clerics left because they are bored. We became too complacent and expect easy to solve everything.  What the hell fun is in that? If you want a squishy fun I-never-die game play animal crossing, not a mmorpg.  This  is applicable to both PVP and PVM.  When I can bot a cleric and keep an entire party alive, that's an issue.   And, yes, there's the damage issue, but that's not just clerics suffering because of that. That's the game as a whole.  Yes, it probably helped drive off the last of us.

There isn't anything wrong with the number of buffs, other than charm making them too powerful--I'm still wondering why cleric has a severe focus on two stats when other classes only focus on one. Its not just the buffs that charm effects, its the heals too.  We get no defensive value from charm, it ends up being a waste for clerics but a gain for everyone else.  I'm fine with putting SP into buffs. I wish I didn't have to have them maxed, but that stems back to being a buff slave and the rest of the populations demand.  And really, you're choosing to be a slave.  For all the people who complain that they cant put any sp into skills for self defense--that's a choice.  If you're going to complain, complain that its a lot harder to be support and to be able to do some damage back. Now that sucks. They nyxed any sort of hybrid too.

#82 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

A clannie of mine joined AA today. He played one game then logged off. Before he did though, he told me how the players didn't protect or help him, yet abused him when he didn't heal them. I have to agree with Namir, Cleric is the only class that has two main stats. I was never for the charm thing to begin with, but I was hopeful. As long as cleric is boring, and a class to be abused, you will continue to have difficulty getting them in AA or dungeons. Some of this came from the staff, but some of this comes from the community.

#83 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:10 PM

Yea being a cleric in Uw beforemwas fun when you hav only 4 heals and 1 aoe heals to use..

Clerics are now forced to stand in 1 spot and spam heals.. sure you run and be mobile but half your team will probably die as you run since the damage output is so high.... before I could leave my team for a few seconds and runaway esp. If im low healh or muted... when I return my team has still some hp left for me to heal

Wish they remove pvp offense on armors.. that could be nerfing the damage output in a way

Did some AAs where a team with stat buffers wihout cleric won against a team with cleric... the team with a cleric couldnt even do anything... The team with the higher buffs always win in AA

Edited by kwayan19, 12 September 2015 - 11:16 PM.

#84 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:11 PM

i didn't say that clerics has a problem in dungeon, i'm saying that some dungeons, can't be done without one. That's the kind of idea that i would like to know. 

No offense Kat :) but all dungeons can be done without a cleric. Just a humble opinion from a mainly cleric person...

#85 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:37 PM

No offense Kat :) but all dungeons can be done without a cleric. Just a humble opinion from a mainly cleric person...

no offence taken, i actually know it can be done. Its just that it takes a longer time to accomplish it (if without buffs of course) I've done one soloing a boss cuz everyone leave for god knows what reason with my mage, so yeah :v

Still the survival of a team depends on team composition in the certain dungeon. Almost certainly a cleric is one of the requirements, well that's what i have seen so far. (My own opinion so meh, have fun guys, i'll just follow)

#86 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:33 AM

Yea being a cleric in Uw beforemwas fun when you hav only 4 heals and 1 aoe heals to use..

Clerics are now forced to stand in 1 spot and spam heals.. sure you run and be mobile but half your team will probably die as you run since the damage output is so high.... before I could leave my team for a few seconds and runaway esp. If im low healh or muted... when I return my team has still some hp left for me to heal

Wish they remove pvp offense on armors.. that could be nerfing the damage output in a way

Did some AAs where a team with stat buffers wihout cleric won against a team with cleric... the team with a cleric couldnt even do anything... The team with the higher buffs always win in AA

why not making like all the buffs the same? instead some clerics farm the charm set (waste billions for after be used as buffer only), why not making like a suggestion in 1sp for have the buffs in max (charm wouldnt affect the buffs).

that would make any PvP GA balanced (but also would need to balance damage output, and etc), soo instead ppl blame due cleric high buffs, they should see how is them gear, and cleric could gear twice better then right nw, having 400 points in charm is like, too much in my opinion, in those 400 charm points u could have, a few in dex for def, and etc, heals could be based in intellect (dex would give 0.25x maybe)....

ik this is just a suggestion and i bet 100% many ppl wont agree (also is a suggestion), this thing wont take from boredoom of cleric, but anleast improve them in my opinion, about boredoom well... we should think about mechanics for clerics instead be in one spot and afk, like they having a role in a PvP GA (support type), like idk a buff type (unique type)

example - after cleric take around 2k damage, cleric can use this skill for give to them team members a x% of CC resistance, buff cooldown (2~5 mins)

this is a example

(p.s - charm would aply also to others classes buffs, for dont be too much op (not using others classes as slaves too)

now why am i giving this suggestions if i use my cleric and my hawker as slaves buffers? idk, op buffs sometimes is funny, but i dont pvp, and i want to try to improve pvp type, i think pvm players wouldnt mind in having this type of things, also in pvm it would improve the teamwork, instead having in SC a cleric afk

yeah i would be sad due no more op buffs and wasted my time in farming the charm gear (anleast i didnt waste billions of zulies + at that time i had lots of fun wile farming, not right nw wich i cant do anything due the damage (less damage to mobs, since our def got scalled mobs seems op to us)

also about teamwork in DG, the system per entry should be changed too (not allowing multi clients (in one pc)), instead that allowing 1 client PER pc (if possible) soo instead we have 4~5 clients (screwing our pc due using much ram and etc) having only one client, instead that friend use that only role since he can multi client, they can switch once they dont have GA points (non-prem players), or lvling up in DGs one by one with friends (maybe not ;o that might be a bad idea due if all 5 players are non-prem, no GA xD (only if they buy GA points)) but yeah

now saying something more about clerics ... idk i already said everything, already said why clerics are bored, why most of them gone (might not be true) and idk maybe cant help anymore about it ....

#87 wlan0

wlan0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Locationnano /etc/shadow

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:14 PM

I'm a FS Cleric in training im not that good but im trying to learn how to get good at this game but hard to find people that you can take advice from that might not be telling your some thing that isn't true only to cost you more money.

#88 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:51 PM

I'm a FS Cleric in training im not that good but im trying to learn how to get good at this game but hard to find people that you can take advice from that might not be telling your some thing that isn't true only to cost you more money.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about your FS. :)

#89 Necromancer27

Necromancer27

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationCocito

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:37 PM

Suggestion:

Give the buffs received only half effects than buffs cast on yourself.

I know buffs are now distributed on all classes, but some of us (me included) have some chars than, eventhough got some buffs, we dont take them because we ge buffed by a cleric or another class (specially dex buffers).

But what would happen if the buffs you cast for the whole team, affects 100% on you, but just 50% on all your teamates?...that would make that ppl think twice on their build, because they can go -  just an example-.....a raider can go 400dex to get better attack,dodge,etc....and all offensive skills..with 50%bonus on buffs, or go charm-buff build, with less ap and dodge, but 100% bonus on buffs...or a build that is half way from these two.

With this change, full support clerics, or buffs slaves, would be stronger because they will be affected 100% by their own buffs.

These changes would make classes develop more according to them...like raiders running faster than a champ (if both goes buff build) because eventhough the champ got a dex buffer with speed on his team, he will not receive the 100% bonus, just 50%.....etc etc (i know accesories and gear also influence here.....but that is another story....)

Edited by Necromancer27, 16 September 2015 - 02:45 PM.

#90 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:57 AM

For me, it's the fact that buffing takes way too long.... 
Sure, I could trade in my IM buffs I bought for the ten min 2 buff at a time thing, but is still bs. 

I want one buff to do all buffs, because gear changing is a pain in the arse as it is. 
That all being said, I had switched from maining on my champ, to my cleric because of lack of clerics... 

But truthfully, I've just been addicted to watching dexter, and kinda quit playing ROSE in general :x

Also, for DG, I feel like it is a semi-useless class, I mean... if I want to DG run, I can pretty much solo w/ my own cleric and champ in order to not die, most people can duel client themselves with a cleric in order to keep whole party alive. 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 19 September 2015 - 05:01 AM.

#91 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:17 AM

Running isn't a problem, if you chuck a rat tail and speed stats you can get a high enough speed if that's the build and play style you want to us - however the 'crit lock' I 100% agree with , if you get a good few raiders on you - no matter how much you spam a heal it just doesn't do anything! Also if you click to run away , sometimes you have to re click a different spot for it to work - strange

Borgahutt, you are talking as a cleric with a lot of zulie and one that is really good.  When you can buy all the sets or items you need to try different options and when you understand cleric in PVP really as well as you do then you can come up with many options.  But the majority of clerics do not have the funds or knowledge to try different builds and gear.  So we have to think of the cleric as a decent, middle of the road cleric when trying to figure out why so many are not playing it anymore or are frustrated by cleric.  

Attitudes aside, because frankly, if you play a MMORPG you should get a thick skin.  I ignore the comments or come back at them.  I have gotten used to no protection, it is the way the game has turned.  What I can't get used to is not being a part of the team anymore really.  It is hard to contribute to game play when you can be killed so easily by 2 raiders hiding in the back.  Sure we get to buff people but then we are really only a modified buff station.  We rarely get to run as a pack with the team, or actually help a lot with heals anymore.  And again, by we I mean a larger majority of the FS clerics, not the elite few.  

#92 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:29 AM

Any class becomes stronger by having zulies/being rich - I have played last week like 70 Akram Arena matches on cleric and can't believe people complain about that class being weak o.O

Pointing out that being rich is the reason for him being good is really unfair anyways - since he works for his zulies and doesn't just cry on forums like others (NOT YOU MOM).
Understanding for the class comes with years - and I can totally understand why callum doesn't want to share his knowledge with others. All I can say - cleric is not weak nor underpowered.

I mean what do people expect? Entereing PvP Arena games in full charm gear with 00000 defensive conecpts wondering why they die from 3 hits?

As FS cleric you have 2 things to focus on:

Enaugh charm to keep the team decently alive (anything beyond 600 charm in battle gear is wayyyy to much) and then bump your defense, block, damage reduction, hp, dodge .... what ever you want to focus on.

Yes, with a good or bad cleric wins or falls a whole team - no other class can be scaled based on the teams performance as good as clerics...

Edited by iMatt, 20 September 2015 - 06:44 AM.

#93 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:28 AM

A team winning or losing based on 1 character's build, gear, money whatever is a crock if you ask me. That should never ever be the case. 

A team should be rewarded for exceptional team play, not punished if 1 person fails. 

#94 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:54 AM

Ok to correct myself - it is the most impactfull class, not the class that decides win/loss solo!

If you do your job well you are the king of PvP Games - if you are bad you are the "booo"-man

#95 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:58 AM

Borgahutt, you are talking as a cleric with a lot of zulie and one that is really good.  When you can buy all the sets or items you need to try different options and when you understand cleric in PVP really as well as you do then you can come up with many options.  But the majority of clerics do not have the funds or knowledge to try different builds and gear.  So we have to think of the cleric as a decent, middle of the road cleric when trying to figure out why so many are not playing it anymore or are frustrated by cleric.  

I had 1084 CHA gear, (15) gear and I thought this is the end of gearing up, but no. You have to get all these blessing passive at different tiers and now you need to be in a big clan to be good. So no, I don't think I can do all these anymore, and I gave up a year ago. :p_hi:

Anyone wanna do some math for me? I don't know the price in the market anymore and I don't feel like installing the game.

Wanna show everyone how much you need to gear up a cleric at competitive level?

1) 1084 CHA buff gear
2) (15) honor gear
3) good gems/accessory
4) All the blessing passive (except the 10% one and the first tier of 2% one since those are do-able with dungeons)
5) And what is that clan passive thing, how does that work? And did I miss anything else?

#96 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:02 AM

Pre latest patch scout:

1) max charm buff gear for hawkerbuffs
2) (15) Lumi Glori + if optional chiv/prec
3) gems/accessory
4) Rose Eye Patch (pre pirate event most expensive item in rose)
5) Fighters need even more than the defensive passives
6) The clan passive thing I was never a fan off.

I don't say it is easy to get on that level but I see many people complaining that don't even work on improving (by farming for example).

Edited by iMatt, 20 September 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#97 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:03 AM

Matt, you know that I was not saying anything bad about Callum.  I know how hard people work to get good gear, etc. and I never asked him to give out his build, not even to me.  But when other clerics come on with suggestions I don't think it is right for the super elite players to post things that make their problems, suggestions, etc. not relevant.  I was only pointing out that most do not have the know how or the zulie or experience to play as well as you or Callum.  So when we think of ways to improve game play for the cleric we have to think of the majority of clerics, not the best in the game ones I think.  And it is not always from lack of zulie, it might be lack of experience or lack of a full understanding of the mechanics (me probably lol).  That holds true for all classes but cleric I think takes the biggest hit.  Anyone can stand and buff and heal with high defense like we had a long time ago.  But there are some tweaks needed to make an average cleric be helpful in Game Arena and enjoy it.  

#98 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:14 AM

You realize BM that you're talking about what I've been stating a problem is? The GAP between new, and 'moderate' to 'elite' is so, so massive, that it's causing balancing issues. and a huge portion of that gap is the buff system in it's current shape. 

Reduce that gap, and the difference in opinion between 'elite' and 'noob' will be small enough that coming to a mutual decision will be easier. 

#99 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:58 AM

I have no issue with there being new, moderate, elite people playing, it is much like society.  Those that have played for 5+ years, have worked to get zulie, know the game, should be more elite than others.  If not then what will the new or moderate players aspire to?  But when thinking about balancing the elite players should not be the ones that the changes are built around.  No matter the changes, they will adapt and still be elite.  What we need to do for balancing is to think of the moderate to really good players which make up the majority of the players.  And I agree about the buff system needing changes, and have stated my opinions on that.  I wish I were as good as Callum and Matt on clerics but I am too much of a casual player and not motivated by making a ton of zulie to be that.  But because of that I try to listen to all levels of clerics and bring their ideas forward.

#100 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:18 PM

You're not elite cause of items you own or buffs you have, you're an elite cause fo the SKILL you have mastered and honed as a player from the years of experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users