I don't have a title for this... - Page 2 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

I don't have a title for this...

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#26 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:16 AM

Nearly all multiplayer games have toxic communities (LoL is a fine mainstream example, place is a hellhole), as well as cheating to some extent. To complain about either of them is beating a dead horse at this point, people are friends and nothing will change that.

At least LoL acknowledges they have a big problem and are actively working on it. GMs and players alike here just stick their head in the sand over how crap many people on this server are. It's not ironic that I find that many of the worst people are also into the MOBA scene as well. Guess games like this don't exactly attract the most socially adept crowd.

Because of this games age, the lack of staff/development, and the nature of woe in regards to sharing gear/characters and the ease of ban evasion, its open to a lot more exploits and cheats than other MMOs. Just look at the laundry list of problems, autopot is just the tip of the iceberg. NDL, client edits, duped/genned mvp cards and god items all destroy the competitive integrity of the game. When the only thing that keeps this game alive (woe) is based around competitive pvp, these issues are absolute cancer to the game.

The big problem, as you said, is that the GMs don't do jack about it. They have let it go too much for too long and now the server is in the gutter. Blame it on incompetence, ignorance, being understaffed or being too timid to actually take action, it's reached the point where this stuff runs rampant among many guilds and nobody expects anything at all to be done about it. And clearly a lot of the community are guilty or complacent when it comes to most of this, so getting them to doing any self policing is a laughable suggestion.

What is probably most frustrating is that there are ways to fix a lot of this stuff. Other servers have found ways to combat NDL and MP, people have been recorded and reported for both of those and autopot to little to no effect. The GMs have SHOWN US they have the capability to go through gods and mvp cards and weed out illegit items, look how many are still floating around. People are screened and reported for abuse and harassment, nothing is done. They either can't or won't do anything, and if they haven't at this point with all the people that are screaming at them about these issues I have zero faith they ever will.

This server will never turn around while things remain this way. Like I said, have whatever fun with it you can, cause it's not gonna get any better and with little being done to improve the health of the server it'll be sinking sooner rather than later. I only saw this topic because I still check our guild forums out of habit and saw the link in the shoutbox. But I really can't be bothered to waste my time and effort on dealing with this crap anymore. It's not worth it and I have better things to be doing with my time and life. So when things get busier for me, this game gets shelved cause it's too much BS to deal with.  And I'm sure I'm far from the first or the last. So GL, have fun, peace out.

#27 LoveIsBlue

LoveIsBlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:44 AM

keep moving forward

send tickets and call 911. . .

#28 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

We actually had people get chased out of iRO2 because they were being harassed with rape threats and such. The joys of a public chat channel.

(In before "hurr durr they weren't already leaving because RO2 sucks?")

#29 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:34 AM

hmm

#30 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

We actually had people get chased out of iRO2 because they were being harassed with rape threats and such. The joys of a public chat channel.

(In before "hurr durr they weren't already leaving because RO2 sucks?")

hurrrrrr.... they weren't leaving already because RO2 sucks?

.....done for ya tiggy <3

-back on topic though-

it does really hurt that there's no harsh action taken against cheaters,  and it would take a small number of gm's to burn the correct people to spread fear of cheating on the server, you can bet i will do backflips of joy when i see someone "untouched" get burned to the ground

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:37 PM

I actually made the mistake of WoEing today

And my video got corrupted. I have things I need to send to the GMs because they expect us to be able to video all of everything 100%... but nope.

I had fun, but yeah, seeing staff incompetence first hand is just rage inducing.

#32 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:09 PM

hmmm

I read everything that is being written or typed here but I must ask this seriously.

I wonder what is the roles and guidelines of the GM, CM, FM's im curious what are their jobs exactly point to point

#33 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

Xel I may not agree with some of what u do or say but, being harassed like that is messed up.

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 13 September 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

Xel I may not agree with some of what u do or say but, being harassed like that is messed up.

I'll be the first to admit it's hard to remain a nice person in that kind of atmosphere :P

OP should stop letting people cheat in her guild and then back-stab when they can't perform to the cheating standards for the guild. Come on now, I just watched your stream two weeks ago, and you were saying how this one player was cheating in your guild and decided to leave because he got tired of hearing you be a hypocrite.

The fact you've had these problems with multiple people should tell you, you should be focusing on how to change yourself more so then how to change the community to fit you. Something to think about.

I do not like how you're getting harassed but just some pro-tip.

We can take bets on this account only existing to take snipes at me. I'll put $50 on it, based on his post history and content. I'd like to see an ingame sanction for repeated ban evasion just to take pot shots at community members on the forums. But hey, it'll prob just be another ban  from the forums for another account which can be replaced.

So you see, that's the thing, I can quite happily be like "we should have xyz hat" or "omg sohees are cool" and people are making accounts just to say -_-ty things like that... And this is the community I'm complaining about.

#35 MikaKuchiki

MikaKuchiki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

I meet a guy in Chaos that love to make a joke. And his joke really not good for girls. He keep kiss female players, tell manythings that should be censored to us....and he do that to a 14 years old girl too. He stop doing that after we choose to ignore him, stop talking.

Uhm, so we can get this kind of person everywhere and maybe worse. Just ignore them. Kick this people out from your community, block them and just let them speak outside.

I can't say anything about cheaters. I hope GM will really make them banned. Seriously, why they think play with cheat is fun? They are not a real gamers, they are just a cheaters :/

#36 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:05 PM

I meet a guy in Chaos that love to make a joke. And his joke really not good for girls. He keep kiss female players, tell manythings that should be censored to us....and he do that to a 14 years old girl too. He stop doing that after we choose to ignore him, stop talking.

Uhm, so we can get this kind of person everywhere and maybe worse. Just ignore them. Kick this people out from your community, block them and just let them speak outside.

I can't say anything about cheaters. I hope GM will really make them banned. Seriously, why they think play with cheat is fun? They are not a real gamers, they are just a cheaters :/

:rolleyes:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#37 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

Who the -_- needs cheats in this game? #DailyLoL  :boogie:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 13 September 2015 - 03:13 PM.

#38 CeruleanElegy

CeruleanElegy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

I'm not in a guild so my game dynamics may be different from many of you but the one time I reported a player for something, the GM responded quickly. That is all. 

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:14 PM

Who the -_- needs cheats in this game? #DailyLoL  :boogie:

Being fair, most the players using cheats are pretty bad.

Which makes it more sad imo.

The point is the GMs said they would do a thing, and they did not do that thing.

#40 HodorTheGod

HodorTheGod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:26 PM

We can take bets on this account only existing to take snipes at me. I'll put $50 on it, based on his post history and content. I'd like to see an ingame sanction for repeated ban evasion just to take pot shots at community members on the forums. But hey, it'll prob just be another ban  from the forums for another account which can be replaced.

Pot shot? I said one thing in the patch note thread and right away you assume it was towards you and then started accusing me of being this ed.

And it's pretty apparent you have problems attacking people as well on these forums, so it is nice to play the victim but seriously? Someone gives you the real truth and you immediately go to the ban this person.

I like this game, but seriously how is GMs supposed to fix anything when everyone wants everyone banned?

Edited by HodorTheGod, 13 September 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#41 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:26 PM

I've yet to have a GM cm or fm come and tell me what their job is to do. Anyway xel rest at ease since basically majority of people who say things like that to u. Are the type to stay home eat Doritos, masterfap to corn and wish they had a throwup doll. Can't fend for themselves outside a computer screen. Sadly I dealt with one of those people before. Best thing to do is tell them straight what u think then block. But as I can see from looking at you view point only, No one is willing to do a thing and that's the sad part on this. Sigh hmm!!!

#42 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

Pot shot? I said one thing in the patch note thread and right away you assume it was towards you and then started accusing me of being this ed.

And it's pretty apparent you have problems attacking people as well on these forums, so it is nice to play the victim but seriously? Someone gives you the real truth and you immediately go to the ban this person.

Poking a bear and then complaining when it fights back? If anyone's playing the victim it's you XD

Edited by VModCinnamon, 13 September 2015 - 08:56 PM.
Removed quotes of hidden post.

#43 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:53 PM

I like this game, but seriously how is GMs supposed to fix anything when everyone wants everyone banned?

This is how these people roll dude, dont waste your time, this people are blind and when faced with the facts or the truth they just call the police, the government their fathers, insert whoever is in charge, to censor, repress, opress,punish etc etc whoever dared to point that they were wrong.

But yet somehow they feel they are the good guys...  :ani_shy:

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:56 PM

Yeah my bad. You're probably sean.

Sorry.

#45 HodorTheGod

HodorTheGod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM

No, I'm actually Hodor, God of Game of Thrones. But since we're making stuff up, you must be Almr.

But anyways, bye little lady, tired of being cyber bullied by you and your pets.

Edited by HodorTheGod, 13 September 2015 - 05:25 PM.

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

If you could please continue being an example of the behaviour I've been talking about, that would be great.

Hopefully Oda publicly outs your identity.

#47 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:54 PM

tumblr_mw4bj2bqUr1slj24go1_500.gif

#48 Kersya

Kersya

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 538 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:26 PM

This is how these people roll dude, dont waste your time, this people are blind and when faced with the facts or the truth they just call the police, the government their fathers, insert whoever is in charge, to censor, repress, opress,punish etc etc whoever dared to point that they were wrong.

But yet somehow they feel they are the good guys...  :ani_shy:

Oh nice you're back, the forum should be funny for awhile, till you disapear again anyway...

And of course if anyone dare point that you're wrong, they need to be tortured punished, thats what good guys do.

#49 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:00 PM

wall of text

#50 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3