I don't have a title for this... - Page 4 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

I don't have a title for this...

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#76 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:42 AM

No, I'm actually Hodor, God of Game of Thrones. But since we're making stuff up, you must be Almr.

But anyways, bye little lady, tired of being cyber bullied by you and your pets.

You actually are (or were) Heyxsean.

User is a re-reg of a banned account and is being suspended.

#77 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Renewal, Classic

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:35 AM

Thank you Oda.

#78 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:32 PM

You actually are (or were) Heyxsean.

User is a re-reg of a banned account and is being suspended.

So does everyone have to come here and throw a tantrum to get something done?

Cause you guys still hasn't replaced anything of me being scammed of my MVP card.

Which was ticketed and approved off.

Whats the trick to it?

The who kno who system?

#79 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:48 PM

My favourite part about that, by the way, is you can make -_- up about other players being scammer and what not on these forums and face zero repercussions. If you attack their forum identity, it generally goes untouched. But if you dare post a screenshot or video of someone doing something actually untoward, that will get removed.

Worst of all if you tell the person making the unwarranted comments to be quiet and do some fact checking, you get banned from the forums. A touch of classy public humiliation from the staff, letting everyone know what side they’re really on. After all the people mentioned in the first section of this tirade are mostly untouched, free to continue their stuff in game.

Attacks and infractions against specific individuals aren’t logged anywhere, so what happens is they just all get removed and swept away. It just keeps happening, over and over and over and over.

Yes, that is the kind of thing that really makes the playerbase lose respect for the admins. That and the fact that the moderators can’t ever be bothered to PM a user and tell them what they did wrong. Expecting them to narcissistically re-read all their prior posts on the off chance there was an edit/warning editted in.

The system is terrible, sporadic and entirely based on the mood of the admins.

And it shows.

While I can't speak too much into the whole harassment issue, I can flat out tell you that the whole reason I gave up on this game is due to the management. That's not to say I have a huge issue with the items they released on classic, etc., so on.

It's the fact that the volunteer mods have this air of arrogance and think they can abuse, harass, and belittle whoever they like, and then turn around and warn people, remove posts, and hand out suspensions/bans on a whim.

Oh, and Oda.. He's a dramaticrainfairy, and had he worked for a real company, he would have been fired, and a public apologly would have been issued, due to quite a few of the things he's said, and done to users. A good example? the tiki tuesday -_-. I have a friend working as a community representitive for Blizzard. Asked him to watch Oda talk about his shirt.. His exact response was "Why didn't they fire this asshat?"

Let's not forget the fact that RO stays afloat for all the unpaid work from volunteers, either. I honestly think if Inu wasn't around, RO would have been dead and buried. What does she get for all that work tho? A volunteer mod position she can do as she pleases with, cause hey! They need their volunteers, and they're afraid to do anything to them cause without unpaid services RO would die.

Sooo uh, Xellie, when you gonna run away with me to "that which must not be named?"

Edit: In before Cinnimod.

VModCinnamon:

Could have delivered without all of the call outs, also noting this about the last remark.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 14 September 2015 - 11:13 PM.
The call outs are way out of line and not necessary, removed.

#80 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

I ain't running anywhere just yet (not back to iRO, not to another game) but I do miss you

#81 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

I ain't running anywhere just yet (not back to iRO, not to another game) but I do miss you

Just know I'm here for you! <3

Oh and, you have my skype, don't be a stranger.

#82 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:09 PM

I don’t even know where to start... Hrmm. Well I guess people noticed I stopped streaming. That’s a lot because I haven’t been playing. People log on my characters and do guild things and stuff, picking up loots and changing guild titles and borrowing gear and recalling. I’ve logged on about twice in the past two weeks, mostly to just chat to the people at west prontera. One of those times I logged out instantly, because of the presence of a certain person.

Yeah, see when you’re logging on to a game to have fun, I guess (especially those who don’t have much play time) dealing with unending abuse and harassment isn’t really high on my priority list. Granted, it’s just a bunch of words on the interwebs... But it gets old and boring. There’s only so many times I can sigh and type /ex <name>, and then get up and walk off screen to ignore the chat rooms, hoping that the rest of the people I was hanging out with will follow... they usually don’t.
There’s also only so many times I can say “you’re a knob” to this person before I feel like I’m a five year old.

Some people in the community take it way too far. People been banned from the forums for posting videos with real life pictures of mine, or just being an ass in general toward me personally. Before anyone says it about the pictures, there’s very few of me out there... they were leaked by a guy I stopped being on good terms with IRL. Not through my own stupidity with online privacy.

There are people I thought who were perfectly reasonable and “normal” players within the community... who seem to think that just because someone takes it upon themselves to do the guild leader thing, they should expect (and that in some cases it’s deserved) to be verbally abused, stalked, attacked, trash talked. Now whilst I expect that within reason I don’t think it should ever cross lines from ingame to out of game.

okay : You’re a -_- sinx and should delete your character
not okay : You’re a fat ugly loser and should kill yourself

Also not okay : saying that kind of thing every day, making videos belittling that person’s irl persona, following them around, rape threats (yes I get those) and general misogyny. It might be funny once or twice but after a while, if it doesn’t become creepy, it does become irritating.

Once again let me stress, I expect some of this crap. It comes with being any combination of visible on the forums, a guildleader, a long term player, female, having an opinion. I do however, expect the game company to keep that stuff to a reasonable amount. No matter how trivial it is, when this stuff is becoming a daily occurrence or the only part of RO you experience, then yeah, staff it’s time to step in and discourage it.
No, you can’t blame it all on me having an opinion on the forums. You’d be terse and abrupt too after 3 pages of it. Or people just generally believing everything that comes out of the rumour mill.

I agree personal attacks of this nature are never okay. If people are making these in game threats and the GMs are doing nothing then I will need to have a long talk with Warnhal about his teams activities. If you have a ticket number where this happened please let me know. I would hope that you know that we will do our best when it comes to personal attacks of this nature.

If it is happening through social media there is often not much we can do. Your best bet is to always contact the administrators of the platform where it is happening. If you fear for your safety I would suggest contacting your local authorities.

My favourite part about that, by the way, is you can make -_- up about other players being scammer and what not on these forums and face zero repercussions. If you attack their forum identity, it generally goes untouched. But if you dare post a screenshot or video of someone doing something actually untoward, that will get removed.
Worst of all if you tell the person making the unwarranted comments to be quiet and do some fact checking, you get banned from the forums. A touch of classy public humiliation from the staff, letting everyone know what side they’re really on. After all the people mentioned in the first section of this tirade are mostly untouched, free to continue their stuff in game.
Attacks and infractions against specific individuals aren’t logged anywhere, so what happens is they just all get removed and swept away. It just keeps happening, over and over and over and over.

Yes, that is the kind of thing that really makes the playerbase lose respect for the admins. That and the fact that the moderators can’t ever be bothered to PM a user and tell them what they did wrong. Expecting them to narcissistically re-read all their prior posts on the off chance there was an edit/warning editted in.
The system is terrible, sporadic and entirely based on the mood of the admins.
And it shows.

Honestly as the forums are entirely Oda's thing I think he should address this however, 

Did I mention yet that I think RO is an awesome game? It’s a giant sandbox of a game where we can do many things. There’s a few flaws with it... I guess the positive thing I can say is that the staff are sort of taking on board feedback against pay to win on classic. There’s been some horrible decision making about adding equipments. There’s no real vetting process to keep things from renewal that are “bad” out. (examples : VOH, EMH, LFH, ninja scroll). We need to have this stuff put before the community in advance so that it can be demonstrated how it affects the game. But it feels impossible to reach anyone about technical or systematic problems with Classic. (examples: Being able to save on WoE maps opens a bunch of different abuses - not just the one that everyone thinks about, massive duped items, endless tower farming)

We are already working on addressing the issue of new items. Going we will be posting NEW items that will be coming out in boxes in the future; weeks to a month in advance. These posts will not contain the entire boxes contents but only items that are not yet existing on the server.

Autopot is something that comes up pretty often. Mostly because it’s a quick and easy way for less experienced players to explain their loss, or because it’s a visible sign of unfairness.
For me, there’s another factor here at work - the staff just aren’t keeping their promises.
Each time I get sniped by something because I wasn’t paying attention I can say “Autopot would have saved me” and grumble about. I’ll probably feel a bit stupid - but in my eyes and the eyes of many players. I deserved that. I totally did. Even if I feel a bit of a derp for it.
Like it or not, it does provide an advantage, in that it requires less multitasking/ less divided attention - allowing the user to “be a derp” or to focus purely on damage output. We’re all human and lapses in attention are pretty normal. That’s also what will separate the good players from the bad ones.
What I’m saying is, Autopot changes the game in a way that I see as mostly negative.

HOWEVER: A more negative experience is to play a different game to everyone else. People have been protesting against its use for a long long time now. And sure, everything came to public vision when Oda made that comment on tiki tuesday about a possible legal autopot.
For once, regardless of the outcome, it felt like the staff actually gave half a -_- about the quality of gameplay their userbase were experiencing.

The thread progresses. Oda states no, Autopot is not allowed and it all gets shut down. We’re told that the staff will be watching WoE and to send tickets with [Classic WoE watch] in the title, to get the reports looked at in real time.

Classic WoE watch tickets were mentioned a long time prior to this, in this disappointing thread:
http://forums.warppo...015-q1-roadmap/

“Thank you very much for bringing this issue up with us. I understand your concern. Would you happen to have a video recording of the character which you suspect of using a third-party program? It would help us a lot, if you would be able to give us something to look in to so that we'll be able to investigate and make a far judgement. We will be waiting for your response on this matter.

If you would be having other concerns with the game or your account, please write us back. Have a great day!”

That response is.. kind of interesting. I know that the GM in question is looking for help in finding proof but they should also have immediately went in game and started to monitor the character in question. I will need to talk to Warnhal to find out what exactly they do once they get a ticket.

So what the GM in question should have done is, Ask you for video if you have it; They should always ask for more evidence if they feel that they don't have enough to suspend on, but then they should have then went in game and started following that user around to see what he was up to, How was he behaving, To test him, It really looks like the GM just answered the ticket and then felt like he was done. Warnhal is going to be looking into this to figure out what happened.

I didn't ’t like sending tickets during WoE... Actually I tried to avoid it, but in some cases you have to ask yourself why you should continue to play against people who clearly have an advantage. An immediate example I can think of is a nodelay arrow shower sniper (whom I thankfully haven’t seen for a couple of months in WoE  but certainly isn’t banned. ) A player who persistently, yet sporadically does this. They never get caught because they only log on that char once every couple of months or something, but this has been going on since two years ago.

Actually, WP are just really bad at handling long term cheating.

There’s very few players we felt the need to report after the autopot thread. It was only a couple of extremely obvious ones that we have been reporting since April. And I mean, BLATANT kind of obvious. The GMs who were monitoring WoE started following me around I was finding dead titles appearing where I was at for a couple of WoEs, even though we weren’t fighting anyone. I mean I guess that’s one way to do it, but it doesn’t help! Go to the people that were reported! If you really want to know if I’m autopotting, my livestream is a better source than just watching me. You can see my HP bar and sometimes, you can hear my key presses depending on my ptt.

So there’s been some pretty solid reports against a few individuals. I wanna say about three of them. The rest fall under “we know it’s happening but we can’t prove it so whatever”.

To narrow it down further, there is one individual who openly posts videos of himself cheating as well as harassing other players. He’s proud to post videos attacking community members, showing himself being bad mannered in game, autopotting, GRF editting and using maya purple hack. Every video he posts has in it’s title some iteration of how terrible iRO is.  

Posting one of these videos here scored him a ban from the forum (which I am certain he is evading at this stage) but I’d like to point out that isn’t much of a penalty for anything. He only exist on the forums to troll me in particular, so I doubt he cared about that forum acc made purely to be a dick going byebye. I felt an ingame sanction was necessary, but I am just a player, who am I to judge the CMs decisions? Ingame repercussions for forum shenanigans are only reserved for the select few.

It’s no secret we’ve reported his maya purple hack videos, his autopotting, his abuse. His coming to our spot in game bragging about how he’s unbannable, his personal attacks on forums. This guy is a blight on the community and game - publicizing iRO as being “terrible”, making the game unpleasant for those who play it (and did I mention cheating).  Yet he is untouchable, whilst players get banned for having obviously troll overlays.

I’ve been in pm with Oda, I’ve been forwarding tickets to him and warnhal. There’s no movement in any direction here.  I read my guild teamspeak chat, this person comes around our spot to point out that he is still unbanned.

Nobody that knows me wonders why I don’t log in anymore, they know.

I have been pushing the GM team on the way it handles their tickets. If I find that a ticket was handled incorrectly or poorly I will personally redo the ticket document each step of the ticket and send the whole document to the head of the customer service team. Please send me some youtube links in regards to this cheater. Under the title "Toothless the Dragon" and I will make sure to make time to read and respond to them. I don't always have time for the PMs like I used to but I still try to assist when I can.

I fear that these new GMs only look at the ticket answering part of the job and not the in game and investigations. There were actually some great videos I got to see today of cheating. We were able to suspend someone for Auto Pot use and another for replacing sprites of certain classes with certain monsters. (Plus there were some other auto pot suspension last week.)

In the past we received weekly reports from the GMs about who was monitored and what activities were seen. Would the community like to see these reports with names removed posted with the weekly patch notes? 

I feel as if the staff have made a choice between myself, promoting the game positively and bringing people to play the server via my stream and this guy and his yt channel full of “iRO IS S**T”.

If we have made you feel this way, then I am sorry. It should not be the case and we should be promoting players who are more invested in the game than shouting to the world about how much they dislike it.

#83 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

Reserved for official response.

I await with baited breath.

#84 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:12 PM

I await with baited breath.

That's fishy yo

#85 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:12 PM

AP7OZJK.gif

#86 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:15 PM

Almr please send me your gif collection, it never fails to disappoint no matter what the situation.

#87 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

Awesome, just pwned myself and my keyboard with a steaming cup of hot chocolate..

Shower time!

Pwease don't ban me till I get a chance to respond to Camp, Cinnimini!

Edit: I have returned, and smell significantly less like chocolate than I did earlier.

Sooo, still no response?

Edited by ClickClickClick, 14 September 2015 - 03:59 PM.

#88 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:21 PM

Awesome, just pwned myself and my keyboard with a steaming cup of hot chocolate..

Shower time!

Pwease don't ban me till I get a chance to respond to Camp, Cinnimini!

Edit: I have returned, and smell significantly less like chocolate than I did earlier.

Sooo, still no response?

Response is posted, We currently have no plans to suspend you. To be fair to you volunteering modding in the past was rather rough however we are working and have been improving it. If you have suggestions or a problem with a mod let a CM know, If you believe Oda will have a conflict of interest or your just don't trust him I know that DragonLark and Varitas take their time to go through all their PMs and every so often Jelloshaker lurks on the forums. In a pinch I will be able to help as well but I just don't have the time to devote like I used to.

I personally believe that calling someone an "asshat" is a bit out of line but were supposed to have thick skins about such things.

#89 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:22 PM

In the past we received weekly reports from the GMs about who was monitored and what activities were seen. Would the community like to see these reports with names removed posted with the weekly patch notes? 

lol yes

Anything you can show us is a reassurance that you're paying attention and acting upon the things we report.

#90 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:31 PM

I agree personal attacks of this nature are never okay. If people are making these in game threats and the GMs are doing nothing then I will need to have a long talk with Warnhal about his teams activities. If you have a ticket number where this happened please let me know. I would hope that you know that we will do our best when it comes to personal attacks of this nature.

If it is happening through social media there is often not much we can do. Your best bet is to always contact the administrators of the platform where it is happening. If you fear for your safety I would suggest contacting your local authorities.

Honestly as the forums are entirely Oda's thing I think he should address this however, 

We are already working on addressing the issue of new items. Going we will be posting NEW items that will be coming out in boxes in the future; weeks to a month in advance. These posts will not contain the entire boxes contents but only items that are not yet existing on the server.

That response is.. kind of interesting. I know that the GM in question is looking for help in finding proof but they should also have immediately went in game and started to monitor the character in question. I will need to talk to Warnhal to find out what exactly they do once they get a ticket.

So what the GM in question should have done is, Ask you for video if you have it; They should always ask for more evidence if they feel that they don't have enough to suspend on, but then they should have then went in game and started following that user around to see what he was up to, How was he behaving, To test him, It really looks like the GM just answered the ticket and then felt like he was done. Warnhal is going to be looking into this to figure out what happened.

I have been pushing the GM team on the way it handles their tickets. If I find that a ticket was handled incorrectly or poorly I will personally redo the ticket document each step of the ticket and send the whole document to the head of the customer service team. Please send me some youtube links in regards to this cheater. Under the title "Toothless the Dragon" and I will make sure to make time to read and respond to them. I don't always have time for the PMs like I used to but I still try to assist when I can.

I fear that these new GMs only look at the ticket answering part of the job and not the in game and investigations. There were actually some great videos I got to see today of cheating. We were able to suspend someone for Auto Pot use and another for replacing sprites of certain classes with certain monsters. (Plus there were some other auto pot suspension last week.)

If we have made you feel this way, then I am sorry. It should not be the case and we should be promoting players who are more invested in the game than shouting to the world about how much they dislike it.

Well, a far better response than I was expecting from the management, but it still comes down to

"Here's a pat on the back! I'm sorry the GM team are screw ups, but we can't really do anything, please continue to waste your time and effort reporting things we won't do anything about."

I can't help but feel like if you hired one or two people who have actually played the game to replace the phone jockeys currently screwing things up that the game would be a hundred times better.

#91 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM

Response is posted, We currently have no plans to suspend you. To be fair to you volunteering modding in the past was rather rough however we are working and have been improving it. If you have suggestions or a problem with a mod let a CM know, If you believe Oda will have a conflict of interest or your just don't trust him I know that DragonLark and Varitas take their time to go through all their PMs and every so often Jelloshaker lurks on the forums. In a pinch I will be able to help as well but I just don't have the time to devote like I used to.

I personally believe that calling someone an "asshat" is a bit out of line but were supposed to have thick skins about such things.

Double post, I know, my apologies.

But if you're really willing to talk, and are interested in the problems I have with the Mods, I'd LOVE to talk your ear off.

#92 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:39 PM

But if you're really willing to talk, and are interested in the problems I have with the Mods, I'd LOVE to talk your ear off.

Camp once gave me his Skype, but when I actually messaged it and requested contact share he never accepted. True story.

#93 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:42 PM

Well, a far better response than I was expecting from the management, but it still comes down to

"Here's a pat on the back! I'm sorry the GM team are screw ups, but we can't really do anything, please continue to waste your time and effort reporting things we won't do anything about."

I can't help but feel like if you hired one or two people who have actually played the game to replace the phone jockeys currently screwing things up that the game would be a hundred times better.

I can do things! I have been creating training documents for them on how they should be doing investigations, handling tickets, spotting things in game and other activities that they need to know. 

#94 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

CampitorCM make sure on that initial contact message to include something about RO so I know its not a bot.

Camp once gave me his Skype, but when I actually messaged it and requested contact share he never accepted. True story.

Can you give me a hint as to who you were? If I don't think its an RO player I tend to ignore the request.

#95 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

I can handle myself on other platforms. My concern here is purely one of wanting to be able to actually enjoy RO and participate in a manner that doesn't result in being worn down/stressed out to the point of leaving or becoming equally unpleasant. I'm not alone in this really. Luckily the ingame stuff is minimal because people know about the screenshot key.

Yes, he should.

This is so important. Please make it a thing - Ask for calculations, scenarios. People here can and will do it.
However my point about long term systematic exploits still stands.

For me and many others, a lot of damage was done having to play against this sort of blatant behaviour for months. It really damages your expectations of what you're playing against and as we can all probably agree, an unfair game isn't fun. Whilst it's not always entirely right to pin guild/group benefits on one cheater or whatever, you can't rule it out either. So what ends up being perceived is that XYZ people benefited from Cheeto and gained ABC for it.
Whether that is truth or not is debatable in all cases, but perception is important.

Without a doubt.

"meh"

I do want to say that I appreciate very much that you have taken the time to address this 4 page long qq. But so much of it feels like it should have been dealt with as it was happening appropriately, not end up being amalgamated into a long long rant - it shouldn't really take an outburst like this, should it? =/

Edited by Xellie, 14 September 2015 - 04:54 PM.

#96 Zherot

Zherot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

I can do things! I have been creating training documents for them on how they should be doing investigations, handling tickets, spotting things in game and other activities that they need to know. 

Maybe they are just corrupt. i know for a fact thet they dont ban bots years ago i reported tons of them and they were still botting, then years later i came back and didnt feel to report anything but i said, well lets give them another chance and i reported a few bots and all i got was promises and the conviniently response saying they could not reveal their results of their investigation LOL, basically i just have to believe in them or have faith in them like its a religion or something, you cant even post the bots on the forums because they care too much about the privacy of the botters XDDDD and those bots i reported recently, they are still botting.

#97 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:57 PM

to be fair bots add to the numbers which looks better to kro = better bargain for a contract or id assume so at least

#98 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

to be fair bots add to the numbers which looks better to kro = better bargain for a contract or id assume so at least

If I could  automatically sort all bots out with 100% accuracy and ban them right now I would, even if it would cause a user number drop.

#99 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:02 PM

The big issue is a training manual isn't going to replace practical knowledge.

Time and again people have been saying they've reported bot after bot just to see the same bots there for weeks on end. Where as anyone who's played RO for a week could recognize the behavior of a bot instantly, and, provided they actually review as many tickets as you say they do, a lot fewer bots would fall through the cracks.

Cheating has been running rampant for a long time, it's awesome that you all are finally admitting it, and pretending you're doing something about it, but really? Xellie's made it clear the GMs that are charged with the task of hunting down cheaters haven't a clue how to do it, much less how to recoginze cheats if they're presented on screen. You think a GM that hasn't played the game would recognize Auto-Potting? ndl? How about MP hacks? How do you tell a person is cheating without being able to recognize the signs of cheating, and the behavior of those doing so?

From now on, every time a GM screws up take a second and ask yourself, would a tiny bit of common sense as to the nature of the game and the community have changed the results of that incident? The answer is pretty obvious, but please lemme know when you come to that one inevitable conclusion that'll make life a hundred times better, for those that still play, anyway.

#100 CeruleanElegy

CeruleanElegy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:03 PM

Given that bots were blamed for the demise of kRO, I hope GMs here will aggressively penalize and ban bots. I don't want the same thing to happen to this game. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users