Server Merge - Page 18 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Merge

• Please log in to reply
444 replies to this topic

#426 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freya

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:32 PM

Hello everyone.

I don't understand roots of the problem, that developers are forcing on players to deal with.
No matter how you look at it, the solution is so simple, that it hurts.
If the economy difference between servers is the problem, then the zeny of Freyja server should be converted into tradable gathering/crafting materials based on: a) average server market prices;  B) highest level character on the account on Freyja. The items should be distributed using Temporary Box Storage (with unlimited withdraw duration, because many players may not know of the server merge and to prevent the loss of their converted zeny), since they are tradable anyway.
It may look same, as cutting zeny to 2%, but in fact it is completely different.

I had a good enough idea for the zeny problem, wich was keeping the quests zeny intact, coz when u are lvl 50 u have like 1500 z if u did all the quests but it seems like no one cared about it xD also after reading some of the forums I noticed that most of Freja players didn't even care about this issue so I just gave up :/

#427 walk3r

walk3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationHeaven in Hell

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:48 PM

I had a good enough idea for the zeny problem, wich was keeping the quests zeny intact, coz when u are lvl 50 u have like 1500 z if u did all the quests but it seems like no one cared about it xD also after reading some of the forums I noticed that most of Freja players didn't even care about this issue so I just gave up :/

to be exact, if u finish both main quest and some khara along the way u will end up around 2k-2.5k ish zeny

but yes, no one care about it coz a typical player in freyja hv few millions LOOOL

#428 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:07 PM

It's not that Freya players didn't care, but how we can expect to win against Odin player, they will always give priority on Odin in first place so just gave it up

#429 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:28 PM

There's no easy way to distinguish between zeny earned from quests and other zeny. What if you had 2,000z, earned 1,000z from quests, and then spent 1,000z on an item? Did you spend the 1,000 from quests, or the zeny you had before? Zeny is just tracked as a single whole number, not individual coins.

#430 evan0608

evan0608

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUNITED STATES. FL
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:16 PM

Merger between Freya and Odin necessity
The possibility of currency fluctuations is great. But I believe we will soon be able habits
Advantages
1. The same increase in the player management intensive interaction.
2. The global village cultural environment can also be found in other countries learn from each other friends
3. Centralized management can save companies a comprehensive quality environment, quality of staff
4. In order to prevent monetary expansion, so that the robot can not be hidden. Therefore, players have more resources
5.Increase corporate profits, while employee benefits expense also get hard and      enthusiasm upgrade

Shortcoming
1. The short-term price inflation. Looking for balance
2. Language temporarily unable to clear solution. Interactive need more time
3. The more intense competition with each other. Flower timeliness longer (how much longer to get the ratio)
4. lose more players again caused by a server consolidation performance is very bad.
(However, the player manually increase)
5. The relative increase in the number workload also increased a lot. [Q points need to adjust the status of the increased workload)

:blowkiss:  :angel:   :thumb:  :Emo_15:​  :p_laugh:

Edited by evan0608, 26 October 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#431 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:14 AM

Congrats on what appears to be the first successful merge ever.

#432 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:46 AM

There's no easy way to distinguish between zeny earned from quests and other zeny. What if you had 2,000z, earned 1,000z from quests, and then spent 1,000z on an item? Did you spend the 1,000 from quests, or the zeny you had before? Zeny is just tracked as a single whole number, not individual coins.

then u spent 50 times more than in Odin on that item ;) the point here is it doesn't matter if u spent money or not, the point is you got that money from the quests, and you got the same money than in Odin, even tho it is 50 times less valuable than in Odin.

If in Freya u didn't get 50 times more money from the quests, then it is unfair to convert ALL the money, since as someone above answered u can get up to 2500z just in quests. I myself got 100k zeny in total and did all the quests until dark whisper and khara except the raid dungeons, and I will end up with just 2000z wich is less than what I earned from the quests.

As for the problem u point out it doesn't even matter, since the quests money is 98% less valuable is almost inexistent compared with the money you can get in the Freya server, BUT it is a different escenario when merging both servers, since the quest money would get the real value if it would stay untoutched.

For example, if you got 1000z from quests and 1000z earned, then when the merge would occur, u get the 1000z (that u would get anyways for the same quests in Odin) and 2% of the other part, so you would end up with 1020z in total, instead of 40z -_-

The idea was to track some how the quests you have completed and freeze that zeny, of course, if u have less than what u got, then u get only that xD

Anyway, it doesn't matter since it will never be done :P

ps: my husband doesn't like to sell stuff (only to NPC) and we did all the quests together, and he was saving up his money to buy equipment and stuff, he had like 3000z...I feel bad for him and his 60z  :heh: at least he can buy butterfly wings and has spinel reapir kits xD

#433 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:06 AM

then u spent 50 times more than in Odin on that item ;) the point here is it doesn't matter if u spent money or not, the point is you got that money from the quests, and you got the same money than in Odin, even tho it is 50 times less valuable than in Odin.

If in Freya u didn't get 50 times more money from the quests, then it is unfair to convert ALL the money, since as someone above answered u can get up to 2500z just in quests. I myself got 100k zeny in total and did all the quests until dark whisper and khara except the raid dungeons, and I will end up with just 2000z wich is less than what I earned from the quests.

As for the problem u point out it doesn't even matter, since the quests money is 98% less valuable is almost inexistent compared with the money you can get in the Freya server, BUT it is a different escenario when merging both servers, since the quest money would get the real value if it would stay untoutched.

For example, if you got 1000z from quests and 1000z earned, then when the merge would occur, u get the 1000z (that u would get anyways for the same quests in Odin) and 2% of the other part, so you would end up with 1020z in total, instead of 40z -_-

The idea was to track some how the quests you have completed and freeze that zeny, of course, if u have less than what u got, then u get only that xD

Anyway, it doesn't matter since it will never be done :P

ps: my husband doesn't like to sell stuff (only to NPC) and we did all the quests together, and he was saving up his money to buy equipment and stuff, he had like 3000z...I feel bad for him and his 60z  :heh: at least he can buy butterfly wings and has spinel reapir kits xD

I think you misunderstood, I have nothing against your idea. I was only explaining why it is technically unfeasible, which is why it likely will not happen.

#434 LordLaLoX

LordLaLoX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:28 AM

How did you convert?
Before the merger I had almost 2 million, now I have only 4284z

Edited by LordLaLoX, 27 October 2015 - 06:28 AM.

#435 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:49 AM

How did you convert?
Before the merger I had almost 2 million, now I have only 4284z

50:1, if you had 2m you should have 40k now.

Edited by Tonitrua, 27 October 2015 - 07:49 AM.

#436 LordLaLoX

LordLaLoX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:21 AM

ok,

I sent a ticket an hour ago but no answer

#437 pinksoda

pinksoda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:in ur dreams >.<

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

the AH price went up the 3slot costume before 500k and now its almost million and some odin player selling it how we freyja can afford to buy in AH if the price is to high :p_sad:  :p_swt:  

#438 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:00 AM

Congrats on what appears to be the first successful merge ever.

They actually learned from their mistakes. It's a miracle.

#439 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:09 AM

the AH price went up the 3slot costume before 500k and now its almost million and some odin player selling it how we freyja can afford to buy in AH if the price is to high :p_sad:  :p_swt:  

Oh don't worry, Odin players can't really buy them either.

That's bound to happen no matter the measures taken. Since there's no telling if something will go wrong and more zeny than expected could make it through, many sellers would rather crank up the price and risk not selling it (which isn't that much of a risk, just some lost time and rupees) than maintaining the prices and being on the losing end if inflation does happen.

If all goes well, puffed up prices will go down again in due time.

#440 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:09 AM

AH is not a very good gauge for judging how much costumes are worth.  Unless it's a rare piece I guarantee you nobody is paying 1 mil for a 3s anything.  Just because somebody puts an item in AH for an absurd price it does not mean they are actually selling. 

Also, I hear a lot of people complaining on the forums about prices of 3s costumes (and accessories).  They are not a necessity in the game and your money can be better spent on other things to improve your characters.  People who have spent KP to 3s anything knows that it takes a ridiculous amount of tries to 3s anything in this game, they are not meant for everybody to have.  500k for a 3s costume really is not that expensive depending on the particular one you are looking at.

#441 LordLaLoX

LordLaLoX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

Can any GM review my case?

(Removed ticket number - VMod Salsa)

the conversion rate has bugged in my account and my zeny is lost

Edited by VModSalsa, 28 October 2015 - 09:51 AM.

#442 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

Don't post your ticket number. People can look up your account information with it.

#443 nordmusician

nordmusician

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:17 PM

I ended up with 0 zeny after the merge :DDDD

#444 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:33 PM

ok,

I sent a ticket an hour ago but no answer

It can take some time to get a reply, be patient for now as the GMs are probably very busy resolving any merger issues.

#445 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:30 AM

Hello, 

Please if you are having issues in regards to any merge issues, contact Warpportal Support .  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users