October 7 Classic Maintenance notes - Page 6 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 7 Classic Maintenance notes

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#126 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:24 PM

Classic Sakray is up for testing. Create a character and gear it up. Give me a wish list of items you want added to the supply npcs.

Looks good! Just did a quick run around. More starting zeny would be nice, gives you 10k and a bunch of the items are more than that.

As for consumables off the top of my head:

Potions (White/Green/Blue)

Gems (Blue/Red/Yellow)

Holy Water

Panacea

Ygg Leaf

Magnifiers (gotta make sure drops are what they say they are!)

Poison Bottles

Bombs

Themes : If you think it is exceptionally powerful compared to normal ele armor, explain why? Given that we have items from the kafrashop already bringing magic damage above and beyond old servers, it only seems reasonable to have access to things to counter that. Plus also melee. This affects melee so much more than magic, I can't stress it enough.

It won't save anyone from bomb or fist. It'll enhance damage taken from magic or grim or BB or FAS. It is not a replacement for GR or ED.

The majority of the players I play alongside have wind/water unfrozens.

My reasoning for suggesting BG armors (that are disabled out of woe/pvp) were to make them more accessible to newer players. They should not have to comp older players for something that will benefit them far less than kvm, which is not something that is really comp-able in your proposed system. We also have gods and mvps... if any of the older experienced guilds are putting on brown pants at the thought of newbies having access to an elemental enchanted armor + bg hp mod then that's just silly and you know it. Are any of us more experienced players gonna default something like that? Probably not!

I'm quite worried about the smaller/newer guilds and players. I've been talking to a lot of them and it's very disheartening.

Because if you're going to wear a normal elemental armor you wont get the set bonuses from the battleground set. You're trying to solve a problem that has already been solved, KVM gear was implemented for a reason and it reduces magic/fist/bomb damage while benefitting the other physical dps. Granted our server is a different landscape with more consumables and slightly higher damage outputs (along with years of extra min-maxing) but it's a suitable solution to the problem and approaching a solution using that as a baseline is a far better approach.

If people want to get slotted elemental armors they should absolutely have access to them, put them on MvPs or whatever

But giving smaller/new groups of players elemental battleground armor will not suddenly make them stronger or more competitive. What they need is more competition at their level and to increase the skill of the server as a whole, which we can do by adding more competitive battlegrounds, more active PvP rooms, PvP tournaments and just raising the general activity of the siege players outside of the 4 hours during the weekend.

Edit: vvv yeah, bumped into Camp while I was making a guy and I think that's all he was able to get done tonight. If you post a list of things you want to see I'm sure he'll get to work on it tomorrow when he finishes it up.

Edited by Themes, 11 October 2015 - 08:03 PM.

#127 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:24 PM

missing a lot of stuff, wanted o try challenge dungeon but cant even find consumables, the zeny is also not enough to buy most of the things you need

#128 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:26 PM

So remove the bonus if you're that scared of it. Not that the BG set bonuses matter THAT much compared to bg set + rings.

Just to aid your comprehension (no I'm not feeling polite) : I said a new armor, not the existing ones.

Edited by Xellie, 08 October 2015 - 05:27 PM.

#129 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

Then why not just make the regular armors available elsewhere?

#130 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:33 PM

cuz I don't want to bully newbs at mvps

#131 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:37 PM

or... make it a challenge dungeon drop? or....just add them on the next kp box.

#132 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

or or or we can all keep screaming about wanting more people to take part in bg

it's whatever tho, the armor was gimped to pvp/woe for a reason (so people would still want the normal ones) but since the community thinks its all about ruining people in WoE I'll just drop this suggestion here

Trade in -_-ty guild loots for them.

#133 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:43 PM

If we're talking about including PvE ways to obtain these items, why not include them into the God Item creation quest? It's like the pinnacle of PvE, makes sense.

#134 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:46 PM

Trade in wheels of unknown for wind armor, since like... they come from alde baran and there's like... windmills and they are like cogwheels and stuff....

Edited by Xellie, 08 October 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#135 GypsyTearss

GypsyTearss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:50 PM

How about trading in spirit of fish for water armor, since fishes live in water

Edited by GypsyTearss, 08 October 2015 - 05:51 PM.

#136 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:06 PM

not sure why anyone thinks magic is stronger than it was before.

#137 GypsyTearss

GypsyTearss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:08 PM

^ We have more items than we used to back in the day

#138 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:10 PM

Pretty sure I could make a stronger build with gear from back then than now. What specifically made magic so overpowered according to you guys, skull cap?

#139 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:11 PM

"SOD is bugged"

"no it's not it was always powerful"

> 2 years later

"I'm working on the stat calc and SOD is giving +40% matk + 25% special matk"

"-_-"

#140 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:12 PM

That's irrelevant now.

#141 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

... the way in which you interpret things is completely relevant now! It never goes away!~

CoD isn't vanilla

Edited by Xellie, 08 October 2015 - 06:14 PM.

#142 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:14 PM

And we don't have that. Why is magic overpowered to you now?

#143 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:15 PM

bro, have you ever played a real RO server

#144 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:15 PM

Yes I played on Ymir. Answer question please. There aren't very many kafra gears to choose from.

#145 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:27 PM

Ymir was not a real server. It was customized to hell and back.

Anyway, here we go....

TSOD/SC combo beat out most setups, including the (iRO customized) MRH, except in very specific circumstances

As this server has such a small population and high drop rate, gears that should be much rarer (such as mvp cards) are much more common. That is before we take into account dupe shenanigans and "will you report me if I farm the top floor of ET?" type behaviour. Also drop rates + welfare econs. Brynhilds are a thing.

Saturation is something that needs to be considered in a small population - normally, AoE damage and the like would be balanced out by throwing numbers at it sadly, since it takes time for single target players to pick them off. On this server, that totally isn't a thing. The massive AoE damage is toxic and really not conducive to a good playing environment.

I would of course, be quite happy to just throw players behind a portal and take massive dumps all over a cp in an unbreakable fort until the server shuts down. But lets face it, all that will do is make people miserable on all sides and I actually align myself into working with small guilds because I'm not someone who thinks only about myself or the next gvg. Believe it or not, I'm not scared of you or any guild you might play in or whatever, simply because there's nothing to gain or lose. But if the server is filled with overpowered bull-_-, nobody will join it.

#146 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:42 PM

Are you going to assume everyone has a +10 TSOD? MRH + BG staff is still stronger with a +10 TSOD.

#147 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:51 PM

iRO customized version of the MRH is better until +7 where it's essentially equal.

TSOD has to be +8 or higher to win 100% of the time.

(only regarding WoE and demi human monsters)

Also, maybe you didn't realize this, but elemental armors don't really affect wizards as much as you're making out. Nor was it about you, or magic in the first place. No need for narcissism here, ok? Things just need to be more newbie friendly. I don't object to the normal slotted ele armors coming into play in other ways (infact it needs to happen!), but giving newbies a way to get gimped elemental armors for pvp (not just woe!) should be a consideration too.

edit: on re-reading, I probably should have not bothered answering you after you strung together the words "t's no secret that some magic elements are weaker," as if physical attacks some how aren't elemental. Apparently, everything is about Squirrel! I guess that thana is getting sold. Maybe I wanted to see physical damage get a boost or get nerfed! I fail to see how elemental armors would be advantageous to my guild considering we have multiple wind/water/fire unfrozens kicking around, unused, every woe. Maybe we need them to reduce the damage of hibram magic on our gtb users!!! Maybe if you get CoD you'll actually be able to hit us.

Get real.

@Themes: Ideas don't really have to be mutually exclusive.

Edited by Xellie, 08 October 2015 - 07:21 PM.

#148 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:38 PM

Yes, because I am going to use heavens drive in the same manner as storm gust. Earth element for magic isn't gimped at all.

Physical damage classes have no weak elements, because they can use whatever they please.

#149 deesrojournal

deesrojournal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:ggdeeofficial
  • Server:iRO RE:Start Odin

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:45 PM

Is the hugel race still running on classic? If yes, I want coin bonuses for VIP then. :P

BG/KVM elemental armors+stat/set bonuses = bad idea. noobs wouldn't know what to do with it. next they'll make is a GHOST Saphiens Armor of Ocean :heh: . Whats OP is Valk Armor's Indestructible stat. Take that off and balance WoE.

:rice:

#150 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:49 PM

someone already made a ed fire armor c:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users