October 7 Classic Maintenance notes - Page 7 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 7 Classic Maintenance notes

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#151 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:37 AM

For slotted elemental armors, why don't you just add it to the list for the equipment slotting NPC? You can make it a zeny sink if you make it high price for slotting enchant (1mil or more) and still keep the armor rare by making it a low success chance. 

According to RMS, the non-slotted versions are dropped by the Pori Pori/Bring It On! MVP.  So why not have the challenge dungeon mvp be the only way to get the non-slotted versions?  Still keeps it rare, makes people spend zeny, still makes it better than botting Hugel Races.

#152 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:38 AM

-snip-

Slotted ele armor should remain in pvm. There's too much customization/cherry picking on this server, it stopped being a "official" server long ago.

I vote reset or server merger. 

VModCinnamon:

Removed portion of post.

That kind of comment does not belong here.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 09 October 2015 - 10:12 AM.
Removed.

#153 Nokia909

Nokia909

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:44 AM

man some people really ask to much,

if you want items/eqs that badly go make your own server,
almost all items/eq`s that are asked here only favourable only to you or your guild,
remember you are not the only players here.
suggetion is good but, when the suggestion came from same person again and again and well again..
take a hint will you?

finish the C.Dungeon 1st then resume taking suggestion what item/eq should we get in future patch.

#154 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:49 AM

Yes, because I am going to use heavens drive in the same manner as storm gust. Earth element for magic isn't gimped at all.

Physical damage classes have no weak elements, because they can use whatever they please.

Hurrrr fire (meteors) doesn't do less to wind

JT does more to water

Earth spike actually does a significant amount of damage. I've killed a few wind armor defaulters with it in my time. Give it a shot.

HOW2WIZARD

wind armor got you down? Water armor making your meteors do less? Make a friend! Use Earth FAS or GT! Maybe alternate it with wind!

Wizards aren't the only damage dealers! Work as a team! Achieve more!

friendly advice: Adding more physical damage to compliment the wizards elements not only ensures that the other team are taking extra damage from at least one element, but also bypasses GTB #jussaiyan

This WHOLE suggestion works AGAINST me. How dare I? How dare I suggest things that might hurt my highly overpowered god item toting mvp card loaded guild that has more people than any other guild for some crazy reason that nobody can fathom out.

Encouraging people to use physical attacks whilst my guild is so gtb dependant? Crazy! I must be trying to weaken someone somewhere! My guild totally wasn't wiping to grimtooth or anything. Bowling bash? I guess GTB blocks that too! It should would be a shame if someone ran in with an earth converted Twin and megs because Valhalla thought it was a good idea to run wind unfrozens! zomg! this must be for my own benefit! 

like it or not : people want elemental armors to be accessible (and so they should be given how many were gained early in the server); the source of which may be debatable, which is simply what my suggestion is - a source for something that is coming. It has nothing to do with "hating magic", like you keep droning on about. MVPs are decent sources, but I fear that would be a problem in that it might just increase the gap between newer / older players if it's the only source. They're already babied with levelling and bg supplies anyway, so it just seemed natural. At no point did I say "elemental armors with bg set enabled".

Sorry if you thought it was an attack on you.

Edited by Xellie, 09 October 2015 - 04:16 AM.

#155 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:51 AM

For slotted elemental armors, why don't you just add it to the list for the equipment slotting NPC? You can make it a zeny sink if you make it high price for slotting enchant (1mil or more) and still keep the armor rare by making it a low success chance. 

According to RMS, the non-slotted versions are dropped by the Pori Pori/Bring It On! MVP.  So why not have the challenge dungeon mvp be the only way to get the non-slotted versions?  Still keeps it rare, makes people spend zeny, still makes it better than botting Hugel Races.

That's not bad. Actually.

Since the staff were looking for a way to goggle up guild leftover loots, I do think that maybe that should be a way to make unslotted elemental armors too.

Edited by Xellie, 09 October 2015 - 02:54 AM.

#156 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:51 AM

i got nothin' much on the elemental stuff going on, but could we maybe get the raffler back anyway? rewards would need a revamp, but i do miss talking to people while wasting money. maybe throw in cool level 4 weapons or something like the ones from the stones quest that looks really annoying. i don't have any clue as to whether or not that specific suggestion is a bad idea, just throwing stuff at the wall. basically, let me waste my money on things that aren't TOO ridiculous to get off a raffler, but worth gambling for.

please, support my gambling habit thanks c: AND add a lil place for people to get together and be social, too, but mostly: gambling.

edit: CUTE HATS. WE CAN PUT CUTE HATS IN IT. not useful ones, just pretty ones. collectively up the cute hat game of the server.

Edited by ClickyHpen, 09 October 2015 - 05:03 AM.

#157 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:53 AM

i got nothin' much on the elemental stuff going on, but could we maybe get the raffler back anyway? rewards would need a revamp, but i do miss talking to people while wasting money. maybe throw in cool level 4 weapons or something like the ones from the stones quest that looks really annoying. i don't have any clue as to whether or not that specific suggestion is a bad idea, just throwing stuff at the wall. basically, let me waste my money on things that aren't TOO ridiculous to get off a raffler, but worth gambling for.

please, support my gambling habit thanks c: AND add a lil place for people to get together and be social, too, but mostly: gambling.

It's a great idea, we need a zeny sink. People no longer sink money into whites for thors or the inn etc... plus econ stagnation means +a LOT of NPC zeny every week.

The more I think about it... +1 for the raffler and they should indeed put the armors in that. Just not the ygg stuff tho.

Edited by Xellie, 09 October 2015 - 04:54 AM.

#158 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

Hurrrr fire (meteors) doesn't do less to wind
JT does more to water
Earth spike actually does a significant amount of damage. I've killed a few wind armor defaulters with it in my time. Give it a shot.

HOW2WIZARD

wind armor got you down? Water armor making your meteors do less? Make a friend! Use Earth FAS or GT! Maybe alternate it with wind!
Wizards aren't the only damage dealers! Work as a team! Achieve more!

friendly advice: Adding more physical damage to compliment the wizards elements not only ensures that the other team are taking extra damage from at least one element, but also bypasses GTB #jussaiyan

This WHOLE suggestion works AGAINST me. How dare I? How dare I suggest things that might hurt my highly overpowered god item toting mvp card loaded guild that has more people than any other guild for some crazy reason that nobody can fathom out.
Encouraging people to use physical attacks whilst my guild is so gtb dependant? Crazy! I must be trying to weaken someone somewhere! My guild totally wasn't wiping to grimtooth or anything. Bowling bash? I guess GTB blocks that too! It should would be a shame if someone ran in with an earth converted Twin and megs because Valhalla thought it was a good idea to run wind unfrozens! zomg! this must be for my own benefit!

like it or not : people want elemental armors to be accessible (and so they should be given how many were gained early in the server); the source of which may be debatable, which is simply what my suggestion is - a source for something that is coming. It has nothing to do with "hating magic", like you keep droning on about. MVPs are decent sources, but I fear that would be a problem in that it might just increase the gap between newer / older players if it's the only source. They're already babied with levelling and bg supplies anyway, so it just seemed natural. At no point did I say "elemental armors with bg set enabled".

Sorry if you thought it was an attack on you.

Let's see that frontline earth spike. Should've realized you could wipe guilds like that.

These are the kind of posts that piss people off. Try not to act so innocent.

Thanks for trying to teach me though. Didn't learn anything that I didn't already know.

#159 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

BECAUSE WIZARD IS THE ONLY CLASS IN THE GAME. OBVIOUSLY.

whatever. Done with you.

For anyone else the tldr is

- I suggested that an elemental armor [1] be available via bg but disabled in pvm - to be used for pvp use
- I never said it should have bg set bonuses
- it would be achieved for a high bg badge cost (250~500) and via a random enchant
- then stat enchanted
- apparently this is all to advantage my guild/ nerf one particular player.
- when I state otherwise, I'm acting "innocent"
- elements only affect magic, apparently.

Edited by Xellie, 09 October 2015 - 03:50 PM.

#160 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

well..... if the arguing is done, lol. i personally have only been on this server for i think like 4 months. and although i have gotten my hands on some nice things like my slotted wind, giant bapho horns, ect. it is only because i have no life and tend to grind out for up to 12 hours at a time. i dont know what the "right" way to implement these armors would be. but i can say that there is a problem as a new player even finding someone who HAS owned one before. i was once told "you could prolly do that if you had a slotted fire armor, but i know you dont" by a friend of mine. so basically as it is now if your new and dont   ro/work/ro/sleep/ro/dr who/ro/sleep/ro/ro/RO like i have been your NEVER gonna get one. 

so what i'm really saying is.... i want the rest of the set of four. :rice:  i would like a way to work forward to get them. :p_hi:  and lastly, the races are baaaad.  :p_sad:

#161 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:26 PM

Kill the races and give us back the turbo track please!

#162 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:48 PM

Kill the races and give us back the turbo track please!

Why not both? And what about the izlude monster arena thingy? I've never actually been to either the Turbo track or Izlude monster arena, but I've always been curious about both of them

#163 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

adding a second hugel coin to all the challenge dungeon monsters thats vendable and tradable for the exact same hugel items (weapons 2 ) would be nice i say a second coin because the exp abuse would be real

#164 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:06 PM

This is an idea I was throwing around a couple of days ago
[07/10/2015 17:41:06] Xellie: this might sound weird but what about extending battlegrounds items like
[07/10/2015 17:41:19] Xellie: having elemental versions of the body armor, that the element only applies in WoE
[07/10/2015 17:41:30] Xellie: (to combat reflect mvp cheese shenangians abuse anyway)
[07/10/2015 17:42:05] Xellie: maybe make it require an enchantment with a fail chance, but it'd be a friendly way for newer players to get some elemental play in woe
[07/10/2015 17:42:08] Xellie: and pvp
[07/10/2015 17:42:50] Xellie: bg tokens
[07/10/2015 17:42:58] Xellie: you know how you can stat enchant your bg armor?
[07/10/2015 17:43:25] Xellie: I was thinking a similar method, take a normal BG armor or maybe a slightly more expensive one and then try to enchant it
[07/10/2015 17:43:54] Xellie: "Enchant" it'd be a new item entirely, but it's all the same on the user end

"Elemental versions of the body armor"
"Take a normal BG armor ... and then try to enchant it"
"All the same on the user end"

No indication of the BG armors not receiving stat bonuses.

Yes, you can use other elements on physical classes. You have yet to tell me something I don't know. elements have a far greater impact on magic.

#165 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:40 PM

its true fire armor op in pservers even more op here because magnetic earth being 2 good on aegis

#166 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:34 AM

"Elemental versions of the body armor"
"Take a normal BG armor ... and then try to enchant it"
"All the same on the user end"

No indication of the BG armors not receiving stat bonuses.

Yes, you can use other elements on physical classes. You have yet to tell me something I don't know. elements have a far greater impact on magic.

read the last line, it was half an idea. I expanded on it later on in other posts talking to themes.

The elemental percentage change is the same for magic and physical. Now let me blow your mind a bit. Ready? Wizards can change elements at will. Wizards can stack their damage (say SG+ LoV+ MS) Wizards never need to worry about bypassing GR/immune/DR (infact it helps them). Wizards are not affected by Asprikas - instantly putting physical attacks at a 30% less disadvantage.

For every time someone confronts a wizard with an element, there is the ability to instantly change that element to the wizards advantage or neutralize the disadvantage.

Where as your melee/sniper has to use a convert of limited supply or get an endow.

Now, stop it. It's going to be ok. And even if nobody would listen to my suggestion because it was me that suggested it and you're too busy flipping out over my avatar - other people want elemental armors in anyway.... so you are going to have to deal with it.

edit: forgot. you played on Ymir. Everyone and their mother had elemental armor then. Perhaps you didn't WoE, but it was a fact of life on ymir. (a little birdie tells me you didn't WoE until a certain someone on Classic got you into it really). So why was it ok on Ymir and not okay here? You are legitly fighting just to fight and I wish you would stop. If I wanted to "target" you, I'd talk about ET farming, or AI bugging, or something similar. You occupy almost zero room in my thoughts. So please, stop thinking everything is about persecuting you.

Yes, wind armor is annoying. BUT! Meteors aren't affected by it. And ES does between 5 and 9k with hibram in WoE. So SG might take a bit of a knock, but as I said, just get an FAS sniper buddy, or a grimtoother, or a BBer. WoE is a group dynamic, it isn't all about what affects just squirrel.

Water armor might make you a bit sore, but it's worth the 40 JTs? Sit back, laugh, and enjoy abusing the elements. It really is nbd when one attack is halved at the cost of another being doubled.

The major concern with your posts is that you comment on Earth spike not being able to wipe whole guilds. You're one guy. You shouldn't really be able to sit back from a distance and "wipe a whole guild" without a major derp on their part. From a balance point of view, no single player should ever be concerned that their skills don't "wipe a whole guild". Everyone wants to be the hero, sure... but it really isn't right to think about yourself in WoE without considering the impact on the group mechanic.  It's not really logical the way you're talking...

Edited by Xellie, 10 October 2015 - 01:19 AM.

#167 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:32 AM

I woed with the best players and best guild on Ymir.

You are still disregarding advantages of wearing elemental armors in certain situations. The examples you are giving are not reasonable.

#168 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:56 AM

They seem reasonable to me o.o

In what way are they not?

#169 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:58 AM

I woed with the best players and best guild on Ymir.

You are still disregarding advantages of wearing elemental armors in certain situations. The examples you are giving are not reasonable.

I also WoE'd with the self proclaimed "best players and best guild on Ymir".
(which btw, was flooded with elemental unfrozens from Troy)

You are disregarding the disadvantages of wearing elemental armors in certain situations. The examples you are giving are non existent.

its true fire armor op in pservers even more op here because magnetic earth being 2 good on aegis

That's not right Zleepy, Meteors won't kill people on iRO because ganban deletes all the previously stacked ones anyway. Taking a single tick of SG in WoE with fire armor + 30% redux is between 8.6k~15.2k with a set up similar to squirrels. Which due to huge amounts of GR / people running emblemless, instant cast, it's easy to get a single SG tick off and kill half a guild after an ME cancel, even if the defending scholar recasts instantly.

Also fire armors are the only ones that are readily available. I think we have ~5 in guild? I hand out fire unfrozens for ET anyway - since that's why I made them. I may or may not sometimes use fire unfrozen in WoE to have experience with this.

further thought:

Now, if only elemental armors / bg armors couldn't be broken by Tarot, or gave stun resistance or immunity to stone curse.... Then people might use them for actual combat. My dumb guild keeps asking for valk armors... I should tell them to go farm the races. :p_swt:

VModCinnamon:

Removed link, that wasn't necessary and doesn't belong here.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 10 October 2015 - 08:30 AM.
Removed link, this drama doesn't belong here.

#170 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:33 AM

I don't think going around proclaiming your own guild/friends to be the best has any place in patch notes either :p_laugh:

So I expect the insulting comment (calling the other guilds of Ymir inferior / other players inferior ) to be removed~

#171 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

Keep it low please, guild drama has no room here. It's all about BG armors and nothing else.

#172 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:28 AM

you know what? the "second hugle coin" idea is very good. if it cant be traded in for exp. although im going to say that anything that draws ppl into the c. dungeon is a good idea, lol.

#173 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:42 AM

I don't think going around proclaiming your own guild/friends to be the best has any place in patch notes either :p_laugh:

So I expect the insulting comment (calling the other guilds of Ymir inferior / other players inferior ) to be removed~

You questioned my experience in woe, so I responded accordingly. We were also the best guild on Chaos.

#174 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:59 AM

Definitely some of the best players on Ymir, but not the best guild.
Multiple solo Loki guilds (Animosity, Insur, etc.) crushed SGN and so did the Windfall alliance.

#175 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

There's too much customization/cherry picking on this server, it stopped being a "official" server long ago.

I vote reset or server merger. 

^ kthx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users