Server Merge: Freya and Odin - Page 3 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Merge: Freya and Odin

106 replies to this topic

#51 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:33 PM

CHANNEL PROBLEM
The only nice place in dark wisper upper to grind is the skull warrior spot, last room is way harder and need a good party.
If we think that skull warrior are lv 77 they give exp to players from ml22 to ml32 (yes there are a lot of ml over 30 that grind in dw since it's way easier than forgotten payon), so we have around 10 levels in 1 spot per 10 channels, every party is 5 players so at the same time on dw upper can grind 50 players ONLY if you count last room we can arrive at 100 players this for an mmo is simply... crazy? Oh i forgot to say that skull warrior don't respawn too fast so party use to hop between two channels this means 25 players at the same time for a total of 75 players at the same time!!!
But don't worry players have found a way to patch this problem:
Option A
They leave for god! This summer 7 new players joined my guild 1 leaved hearly, 4 leave the game around ml20
Option B
Do woe daylies levelling slowly being killed by hardcore pvpers or by boss stealers knowing that they won't probably find enough parties in the new areas when they'll reach the right level.
I know that jawai is based on dayly quests but you need to gain 15 levels in the hell to go there...

#52 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:21 AM

CM Njoror, please consider to bring back the long promised Party Bonus System for 6 member or more (I wish 10 member to be at least), if there is no plan for additional channel, no plan for Dark Whisper & Forgotten Payon monster nerf/Element implementation, or no plan for disable MP loss.

With a 10 men raid, Dark Whisper & Forgotten Payon grind is more doable for player who have weaker Equipment, and you are encouraging them to come back to the game to level up. The more player back to the game, the merrier. So please consider, thank you.  :p_smile:

C. Party/Group Bonus System
   i.  Players will now get more experience or Mastery Points from Party/Group hunting in all areas including dungeons.
      -For each additional player in a group/party/raid, there will be an increase of Mastery Points gained by 106%. 
        -The Rate:
          2 Members: 106%
          3 Members: 218%
          4 Members: 336%
          5 Members: 460%
          *Future Patch: 6 Members or more: The percentage will continue to go up by 106% per player. Currently, group exp boost ends at 5 players.
       -Example: If a single player gets 100 Exp, 2 players will get 206 exp total, thus each player will get 103 exp.  This is game wide, partying will net you superior results to soloing per mob.

We had to change a patch note.

The boosted group exp currently does not continue to increase with 6 or more players in a raid group.

They intended for the change today, but realized it was not working correctly, so that aspect will be patched in at a later date.

The exp boost for 1-5 players will be in this patch.

Edited by Saturn33, 15 October 2015 - 12:38 AM.

#53 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationProntera Battlefield

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:56 AM

Will there be more channels???????????

#54 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:23 AM

CM Njoror, please consider to bring back the long promised Party Bonus System for 6 member or more (I wish 10 member to be at least), if there is no plan for additional channel, no plan for Dark Whisper & Forgotten Payon monster nerf/Element implementation, or no plan for disable MP loss.

With 10 man raid, Dark Whisper & Forgotten Payon grind is more doable for player who have weaker Equipment, and you are encouraging them to come back to the game to level up. The more player back to the game, the merrier. So please consider, thank you.  :p_smile:

ARE YOU REALLY ASKING TO HAVE NEW COINTENT BASED ON 10 PLAYER PARTY

when the big problem is exactly that there is no way to a solo player to just travel around the new maps without being killed istantly?!?!??!?

that can't do a dummy daily without beg a party?!??!

Do you really think this is the solution?!??!

A DW that allow 15 parties (5 channel hopping and 10 in LR) of 10 players instead of 5 for a total of 150 players at the same time?!?!!?

This is an MMORPG where is the MMO part with 150 players only?!?!?!?!

This entire crap came the moment they not only made all the changes on mechanics that we know but also and most inpurtant when instead of rebalancing ML requrements invented the party bonus and all the the game started to fall apart!!!

Edited by Shinyusuke, 14 October 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#55 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:24 AM

Will there be more channels???????????

I believe there are no plans for adding channels.  Would be nice though... tired fighting for grinding spots in DW and FP every time I make a new character >.>

#56 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:26 AM

when the big problem is exactly that there is no way to a solo player to just travel around the new maps without being killed istantly?!?!??!?
A DW that allow 15 parties (5 channel hopping and 10 in LR) of 10 players instead of 5 for a total of 150 players at the same time?!?!!?

This entire crap came the moment they not only made all the changes on mechanics that we know but also and most inpurtant when instead of rebalancing ML requrements invented the party bonus and all the the game started to fall apart!!!

No, he's just asking for EXP bonuses for big parties in order to encourage more partying in the game.

#57 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:05 AM

ok this is my last try xD maybe I'm asking for the impossible here but whatever xD

for the zeny problem I'm more concerned about new players...couldn't be a way u can track the quests a player have done and make the player have that zeny intact after the merge?(I mean only the completed quests zeny)

I mean, u get the same zeny amount in both servers, so it should have the same value (even tho it is even worthless in freya due to the inflation, so those zeny have 50 times less value than in Odin). Back to the point, a new player who just turned ML 1 for example, should have done all the quests before morroc, wich is about 1500 zeny, but that will be reduced to 30 zeny, wich will be gone just by leveling (since u have to pay to level ML) and repairing, so instead it would be better to remake that char after the merge and have those same 30 zeny like in lvl 25...

that way a rich player couldn't scatter the zeny between alts and stuff since those alts haven't done the quests, etc...

This would really benefit the new players to not lose their time and money, but it sounds really hard to do (since I don't know anything about programming and stuff xD)

on a side note: as for what Njoror said about the events I think it will make the rich players richer and would contribute to the ingame inflation instead of giving it a solution :/

Edited by Clauchy, 16 October 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#58 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:54 PM

Lol, I already mentioned if they insist not to nerf/element-ed DW & FP monster, at least we can request for a bigger party to grind. DW & FP grind are more doable with bigger party for weaker player, request for it is better than nothing going to change, while it encourage weaker player to back to the game.

We know that the overpowered monster on DW & FP have frighten off many solo player, which they can't really proceed on daily quest by their own to level up. While the daily quest route is off, as developer insisted us to go grinding route, at least we can request for a much more doable grinding route.

I believe developer intention were to encourage more interaction among player, so that we don't see a World of RO2 which is full of player busy doing quest everywhere, but they don't talk to each other. But developer decision have gone too brutal by forcing everyone to party after Master Level, (solo player would need to be more flexible to accept partying and not to isolate themselves from the community).

We know solving problem from the root is the best, but we don't have the power to make decision here, but at least we could request to bring back something that the developer intended/favour before (while Party Bonus System for 6 member or more was intended).  :p_smile:

Edited by Saturn33, 14 October 2015 - 08:16 PM.

#59 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:36 PM

Lol, I already mentioned if they insist not to nerf/element-ed DW & FP monster, at least we can request for a bigger party to grind. DW & FP grind are more doable with bigger party for weaker player, request for it is better than nothing going to change, while it encourage weaker player to back to the game.

We know that the overpowered monster on DW & FP have frighten off many solo player, which they can't really proceed on daily quest by their own to level up. While the daily quest route is off, as developer insisted us to go grinding route, at least we can request for a much more doable grinding route.

I believe developer intention were to encourage more interaction among player, so that we don't see a World of RO2 which is full of player busy doing quest everywhere, but they don't talk to each other. But developer decision have gone too brutal by forcing everyone to party after Master Level, (solo player would need to be more flexible to accept partying and not to isolate themselves from the community).

We know solving problem from the root is the best, but we don't have the power to make decision here, but at least we could request to bring back something that the developer intended/favour before (while Party Bonus System for 6 member or more was intended). :p_smile:

The problem is that if they accept the 10 men idea the next map will be adjusted to a 10 men party so at that point a solo player won't for sure be able to go around and a party of 5 players will suffer the same problem of the actual solo players. With your idea we would go in a even worst situation. It's already hard to find 5 players to grind in non exp event days it would be inpossible to find 10 players. Instead on exp event days the doubled amount of players in a party won't do much difference.
Lets say the truth the problem of absence of grinding spots on DW and FP is not mentioned a lot simply because a lot of players simply quit when they arrive in DW.

#60 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:01 PM

as for what Njoror said about the events I think it will make the rich players richer and would contribute to the ingame inflation instead of giving it a solution :/

You are mistaking the mergence as to be a scoreboard reboot. Of course no matter the circumstances people who play smarter and invest more stay on top of the food chain.

The problem

No biggie if unorthodox players do take their sweet times learning and enjoying all there is to learn and enjoy about RO2 and not act entitled toward the rest that is playing a MMO orthodoxly.

Edited by Telovi, 14 October 2015 - 11:07 PM.

#61 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:37 AM

The problem is that if they accept the 10 men idea the next map will be adjusted to a 10 men party so at that point a solo player won't for sure be able to go around and a party of 5 players will suffer the same problem of the actual solo players. With your idea we would go in a even worst situation. It's already hard to find 5 players to grind in non exp event days it would be inpossible to find 10 players. Instead on exp event days the doubled amount of players in a party won't do much difference.
Lets say the truth the problem of absence of grinding spots on DW and FP is not mentioned a lot simply because a lot of players simply quit when they arrive in DW.

If next map would follow Jawaii approach, which leveling is based on Daily Quest instead of grinding, there won't be a huge impact whether Party Bonus System is based on 5 men or 10 men, since Jawaii Daily Quest already can be done by 20 men raid, and Party Bonus System doesn't really important on Jawaii.

Our concern is now on DW & FP, our goal is now to let weaker player able to go through DW & FP grind with their weaker equipment. In DWU LR grind, a 10 men raid is more capable than a 5 men party, that makes a different. In this way, weaker player would have encouraged and give it a try.

I agree that solo player still having hard time if developer don't make any changes on DW & FP monster. We already voiced our concern about solo player, but if developer still having no plan on it, what I can only say is be flexible, find the way and move on.  :p_smile:

#62 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:49 AM

If next map would follow Jawaii approach, which leveling is based on Daily Quest instead of grinding, there won't be a huge impact whether Party Bonus System is based on 5 men or 10 men, since Jawaii Daily Quest already can be done by 20 men raid, and Party Bonus System doesn't really important on Jawaii.

A big difference is to say it can be done and it need to be done!!! If a boss is balanced for a party of at least 10 players it will potentially screw not 1 to 4 players but

1 to 9 players

Our concern is now on DW & FP, our goal is now to let weaker player able to go through DW & FP grind with their weaker equipment. In DWU LR grind, a 10 men raid is more capable than a 5 men party, that makes a different. In this way, weaker player would have encouraged and give it a try.

Double a low number is still useless,  on a game that lives longer the more players has on an entire server 100 players or 50 players on the same map OMLY is still too low.

I agree that solo player still having hard time if developer don't make any changes on DW & FP monster. We already voiced our concern about solo player, but if developer still having no plan on it, what I can only say is be flexible, find the way and move on.  :p_smile:

Anyway I can talk only for my guild and for what i see in public chat and what i see is guildmates that stop playing around ml20 when they try DW

and that there are no request for parties in DW and FP but there are a lot of request for condor, muka and Osiris.

#63 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:06 AM

Anyway I can talk only for my guild and for what i see in public chat and what i see is guildmates that stop playing around ml20 when they try DW

and that there are no request for parties in DW and FP but there are a lot of request for condor, muka and Osiris.

Lol, what I mean is Party Bonus System change from 5 men to 10 men doesn't related to the difficulty of the next map, if the next map follow Jawaii approach.

Yes, the number is still low, 10 men raid on DW & FP grind doesn't really a complete solution, but at least it is encouraging for the game at the current state.

Yes, I agree that DW content is a game stopper, a significant portion of player no longer play because of it.  :p_sad:

#64 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:04 AM

You are mistaking the mergence as to be a scoreboard reboot. Of course no matter the circumstances people who play smarter and invest more stay on top of the food chain.

Of course the people who are at the top will stay there, what I'm trying to say is that injecting zeny to the server with events will only make the prices higher (contributing to the inflation) and that is not good for new players

#65 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:14 AM

injecting zeny to the server with events will only make the prices higher (contributing to the inflation) and that is not good for new players

not good for new players

Zeny is just a trading mechanism. Inflation in the game causes zilch to rookies learning the ropes since they invested nothing and therefore lost not even a dime during the depreciation. Only the middle-class players and the nouveau riches are affected by an inflation. Everything from NPCs a rookie needs is immune to inflation. Any luck-based stuff a rookie can't afford because of inflation is either self-farmable or superfluous.

But it's still very sweet of you to worry about new players and harbor no ill will against top players.

Edited by Telovi, 15 October 2015 - 06:17 AM.

#66 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:49 AM

Zeny is just a trading mechanism. Inflation in the game causes zilch to rookies learning the ropes since they invested nothing and therefore lost not even a dime during the depreciation. Only the middle-class players and the nouveau riches are affected by an inflation. Everything from NPCs a rookie needs is immune to inflation. Any luck-based stuff a rookie can't afford because of inflation is either self-farmable or superfluous.

But it's still very sweet of you to worry about new players and harbor no ill will against top players.

Yeah, I totally got your point now and I agree with you, but my biggest concern is not about the events that Njoror was talikng about, that was like a side note ;)

#67 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:21 AM

Lol, what I mean is Party Bonus System change from 5 men to 10 men doesn't related to the difficulty of the next map, if the next map follow Jawaii approach.

Yes, the number is still low, 10 men raid on DW & FP grind doesn't really a complete solution, but at least it is encouraging for the game at the current state.

Yes, I agree that DW content is a game stopper, a significant portion of player no longer play because of it.  :p_sad:

Why do you think if they allow a 10 players party bonus they won't rebalance new content for 10 players parties?!?!?!

They already did it!!!

Dark wisper is exactly the proof, it came after the party bonus introduction (all the maps up until osiris were already done before the party exp bonus) and all the monsters are balanced to a 5 players party and so is FP.

the daily quests in jaway are also made to be completed by a party of 5 people do you see where your suggestion goes?

Nex map will have all the dailies and the monsters balanced to a 10 players party so we will double the actual problems.

No matter if you can have 9 members in your party you will always prefer a warrior instead of a wizard or a monk so weaker players will still have exactly the same problems finding a party but way more problems to reach the right spot once they find one.

There is a reason if LOTR has monsters on fields balanced for solo players and dungeons balanced for parties.

#68 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:37 AM

Happy Thursday!

I am back to bring more information and respond to a few posts I saw here.

First, new information:

• We are looking at Immediate Refine Stones between servers to see if there is an issue there and would need restriction. No information yet but we should know by end of this week.
  • Freyja's Auction House closed last night. Auctions that were listed will be returned at the end of their set duration, not automatically.
  • Guild name conflicts will  be handled by applying a "_s" at the end, similar to other merges. If your guild receives a "_s" you can submit a request via support ticket after the merge to change the guild name. Please provide at least 3 options, in case your first one is taken, and list by most preferred to least preferred. Guild name changes can only be during during maintenance times, so the turnaround on getting your guild name changed shouldn't be more than a week.
  • Gravity likes the Card Refinement and Seedrune Changes suggested to us by the players. They are seeing right now how long it'll take to develop, test, and implement. We can expect it soon, but October 26 will likely be too soon to make sure it's working properly.
  • We're discussing the idea of adding more channels. Though, we prefer to address the issues that adding more channels would attempt to resolve. More channels spread a population thin and makes the world less alive, plus we have no problem managing our population with the channels we have now since we've upgraded over the years.
    • We're discussing ideas of increased spawn rates, sharing tags on monsters/bosses for loot, addressing complaints about certain leveling zones where EXP is lacking and not enough quests, and a couple more ideas. We know increased spawn rates won't work if people camp the same boss over and over, such as Queen of Destruction, so we're toying with ideas right now based on your feedback. If you feel you have a good idea or opinion on any of this, please let me know.

If I missed anything, let me know!

With a 10 men raid, Dark Whisper & Forgotten Payon grind is more doable for player who have weaker Equipment, and you are encouraging them to come back to the game to level up. The more player back to the game, the merrier. So please consider, thank you.  :p_smile:

I've brought it up to Gravity to discuss next and see when we can implement it.

We're also discussing leveling speed bumps, such as Advent of Valkyrie and Dark Whisper zones, and what can be done there to alleviate the grind and make the zones more enjoyable and easier to get through.

Is there anything you think could improve upon the Jawaii structure of providing a ton of EXP from daily quests?

It sort of evolved from Forgotten Payon dailies to that, and we've seen that most players do enjoy the daily quests because of this structure.

We do have new zone plans for the new year, so any ideas or feedback are very welcome.

As I mentioned above, too, we're taking the feedback we've received about Jawaii and the rest of the zones and are discussing methods to apply and fix leveling speed bumps in other zones leading up to it. We've cultivated a ton of ideas over the past year or so, but I always welcome players to contact me if they have a concern or idea because sometimes their approach is unique.

#69 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

Just want to add my two cents:

-Add 6-10 man raid exp bonus

-Nerf DW and FP mobs, so average characters can venture through without getting one or two shotted

-Reduce MP requirements for ML 21-30 back to original value

These three simple changes will encourage players to level their character or even create more characters to level and enjoy end game content with.  It's sad how many people are stuck at ML 20~30 or even has quit this game because the grind is too real...

#70 walk3r

walk3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationHeaven in Hell

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:24 PM

i dont find DW and FP mob being strong a problem.

i only grind only on weekend where there are x3 x5 exp boost. and only took me 5-6 weekend to reach ML 35 at that time.

i grind Osiris using D rank EQ (green) and i grind DW using my NON refine Osiris EQ and im a tank. then i use my NON refine cazar doing grind + FP DQ

the problem is not on the mob, whats lacking for grinding is cant get healer, always see party "LFM SM last slot" the same guy spamming for hours cant get healer.

if u nerf DW & FP mob and make it easy then whats when they finish DW & FP and go to jawaii? where a mob hit u more then 50% of ur HP? (even if u fully refine and geared) 

take giant whisper for example this mob can kill u in sec, even im a tank it  will take 20%-30% of my HP in 1 hit what if a non tank class? 50%-60% of their HP?  

or like other especially hider class in public JDQ raid, where you see them just hide all the way till the raid finish, when u ask them why dont atk/dps, they just say 

"oh im weak, ill die" or "ill be leafer, i cant do dmg anyway" and deep down we all know that they are just leeching. (i dont hate hider)

so lets nerf jawaii too? 

all i can say is nerfing DW & FP there are pros and cons

Edited by walk3r, 15 October 2015 - 04:25 PM.

#71 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:57 PM

Why do you think if they allow a 10 players party bonus they won't rebalance new content for 10 players parties?!?!?!
They already did it!!!
Dark wisper is exactly the proof, it came after the party bonus introduction (all the maps up until osiris were already done before the party exp bonus) and all the monsters are balanced to a 5 players party and so is FP.
the daily quests in jaway are also made to be completed by a party of 5 people do you see where your suggestion goes?
Nex map will have all the dailies and the monsters balanced to a 10 players party so we will double the actual problems.
No matter if you can have 9 members in your party you will always prefer a warrior instead of a wizard or a monk so weaker players will still have exactly the same problems finding a party but way more problems to reach the right spot once they find one.
There is a reason if LOTR has monsters on fields balanced for solo players and dungeons balanced for parties.

This probably need an overhaul and adjustment from the current system. How about voice your solution, since CM is actively accepting feedback here.  :p_smile:

Just want to add my two cents:

-Add 6-10 man raid exp bonus

-Nerf DW and FP mobs, so average characters can venture through without getting one or two shotted

-Reduce MP requirements for ML 21-30 back to original value

These three simple changes will encourage players to level their character or even create more characters to level and enjoy end game content with.  It's sad how many people are stuck at ML 20~30 or even has quit this game because the grind is too real...

7nTnr.png

if u nerf DW & FP mob and make it easy then whats when they finish DW & FP and go to jawaii? where a mob hit u more then 50% of ur HP? (even if u fully refine and geared)

It could be a shock on the drastic change of the monster difficulty, but I think this probably not an excuse. Yes, all DW, FP & Jawaii monster are overpowered, especially the Jawaii one. They are all game stopper for solo player, and should be nerf. But I have no words on Jawaii monster since it is the latest content, and it's probably true that developer may want it to be difficult so that player won't finish the content quick enough before they release new content. But DW & FP are older content which many player still stuck there and prevent them from enjoying the full latest content.  :p_sad:

Edited by Saturn33, 15 October 2015 - 09:17 PM.

#72 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:00 PM

I think this probably not an excuse.

I think what walk3r was trying to say is if you toned down past contents for mouth-breathers, you'll get mouth-breathers as party members on current content. These sort of players never learn because previously there was no mistake for them to learn from, and will always be addicted to the touch of handgloves until decent players rip them apart with ridicules.

#73 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:04 PM

Is there anything you think could improve upon the Jawaii structure of providing a ton of EXP from daily quests?

To be honest, our concern is still on solo player or a small group of player. We usually play this game by ourself or a small group of friends like 2 to 4. These few combination have made up a significant portion of the game community, and we used to enjoy the game in this way. Not to say we refused to interact with other player, but we prefer to enjoy the game and quest with close friends of 2 to 4, since waiting for a big group of player just to complete a single quest can be time consuming and less efficient. Every individual have different task on hand and might be sudden interrupt by random real life event at any moment. Thus, you might not gather enough player for a quest at one time, and made the waiting even time consuming.

While ML1 to ML20 content still grind-able, here comes the problem while reaching Dark Whisper, not to mention the significant buffed monster with no element, but also the double of MP requirement. Many average player found themselves not really able to proceed the content with their average equipment (Blue Equipment, and Blue Equipment shouldn't be considered as average). With a small group of 2 to 4 (all with Blue Equipment), it's still hard and time consuming to take down even one monster which reward a little MP, and the double MP requirement to level up to ML35 made average player feel it would take them eternity to reach there. Hence, many solo player and small group quit the game or stuck themselves at ML20-ish.  :p_sad:

Now, with the loss of significant portion of the community, current ML20-ish player who want to go through DW & FP content have found out themselves hard to get a proper party to grind (sometime lack of Tank, sometime lack of DPS, sometime lack of Healer).

For a short term solution with minimum change/adjustment, I would suggest:

- Reduce the MP requirement to level up from ML21-35.

* Make the leveling less time consuming.

- Party Bonus System for 6 member or more (up to 10 member to be at least).

* But make sure developer don't adjust future content difficulty to match a 10 men raid like Shinyusuke mentioned. If not, it will be completely against the idea of helping weaker player.

With Party Bonus System up to 10 member, you would minimize the problem to get a proper party. Let's say Party A of 5, they lack of a proper Tank, but they have average DPS and proper Healer. Party B of 5, they have a proper Tank, but with mix DPS and weak Healer. With the introduction of Party Bonus System 10, these two party could join together and form a proper party to grind. Thus, minimize the trouble to get a proper party.

And needless to say, a 10 men raid means there are more slot for weaker player. With a mix and match of strong and weaker player in a team, weaker player now have more opportunity to get a capable grind party. I believe strong player are glad to help weaker player in this way. This is a great encouragement for weaker player to go on. When there is hope, they would consider to come back to the game.

For a long term solution with overhaul, I would suggest:

- Nerf and Element-ed DW & FP monster difficulty to match a small group of 1-3 player with Blue Equipment.

* DWL match with Witch Equipment, DWU match with Ashkaron Equipment, and FP match with Ignatius Equipment.

- Provide enough Solo-able/Small Group of 1-3 player Daily Quest with resonable MP rewards on DW & FP.

* I would suggest an average 3 days questing to gain enough MP for 1 level.

- Safe Path to reach anywhere for the quest on DW & FP.

* This is especially important for questing.

For this long term solution, you enable/give hope to solo player and small group to go on/level up by themselves or with friends of 2 to 4, and gradually reach the latest content in foreseeable future.

My suggestion probably still contain flaw which I may not seen for now. Please correct if there's any misinformation, negative consequence and abuseable flaw. Any additional idea are welcome. Thank you.  :p_smile:

Edited by Saturn33, 15 October 2015 - 10:30 PM.

#74 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:54 PM

IMO, its players mindset creating the problem for themselves, also their attitude which failed them to progress in the game. this is an easy game, not at any stage really made players struggle for it. as you can see everyday there are players leveling up, just sit beside gilgamesh and admire them what they can do and you cant? game should be challenging when we progress through the levels, not because everybody can do it, but since i cant do it then im asking the developer to nerf to my level of easiness, everytime i found its hard, complaint and ask developer to nerf it. ask yourself why others can do it but not you? its certainly you are lacking something, knowledge, efforts, or wills? 

Most of the time its not you cant find a party, but players tend to not taking the initiative, start a party yourself, just try it, there's no harm you failed to gather a team, you can always try another timing if you see lack of response. try to join guild will helps, guildmates tends to helping each others, if you think you are at the wrong guild, just change to another, once again, take the initiative. why in a MMORPG you want to restrict yourself as a SOLO player? is it hard to communicate and play with others? seriously its all about mindset and attitude that made you failed in this game, not the content, developer has been doing a good job on content, including some new elements injected into recent jawaii patch.

#75 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:37 PM

• There will be various events being run at the time to welcome the Freyjan community into Odin, and details will show up as we get closer to the merge date
  • There will also be sales and possibly new shop boxes to celebrate the merge
What we are still working on:
  • Specific details of events, sales, shop items
  • item discrepancies 

Still no info about this?

If there event and sale, it will take place after merge or before merge? Because only 1 maintenance left before merge

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users