new WOE TE time discussion - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

new WOE TE time discussion

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

Uhh....this thread/post by fuyukikun is completely self serving.

Your excuse is that I should be at church when te currently runs? And that your proposed time is noon for you when you're out of church? Guess what? Woe te currently happenst noon east coast USA. Same damn thing you just want it convenient for yourself. If you want a server timed to ASIA, PLAY THOR. Chaos is the North America timed server. You don't get two Asia/Oceania region servers and 0 North American renewal servers for a game hosted out of North America. That's bone-headed.

WoE TE's attendance problem has more to do with stranglehold alliancies and underwhelming rewards. Church services being the #1 reason... lol

Edited by Jaye, 09 November 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#27 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:13 PM

Your excuse is that I should be at church when te currently runs? And that your proposed time is noon for you when you're out of church? Guess what? Woe te currently happenst noon east coast USA. Same damn thing you just want it convenient for yourself. If you want a server timed to ASIA, PLAY THOR. Chaos is the North America timed server. You don't get two Asia/Oceania region servers and 0 North American renewal servers for a game hosted out of North America. That's bone-headed.

WoE TE's attendance problem has more to do with stranglehold alliancies and underwhelming rewards. Church services being the #1 reason... lol

Right now the time in which TE runs makes it seem more like WoE: Atheist Edition rather than WoE: Training Edition. Many people have religious obligations to attend on Sunday mornings (not just Catholics and Christians), so that certainly hinders the population. Secondly, some people in Asian countries are suffering to make TE, seeing that it's like midnight or later in many places when TE happens. ON A MONDAY MORNING. It's quite a commitment for some people there when they have work/school to attend. I feel like the most appropriate time would be PST evenings, and not necessarily on Sunday since that would mean Monday morning in APAC which is, well, also not good. But hey, I'm just a guy frustrated at not being able to attend 99% of TEs cuz of church so yeh.

fyi, te time for fuyuki is 00am to 1 am. If he is so self serving, he can just give a 0 -_- about te time as long as it is good for him. But he made this thread since lot of people complain about the time problem at the previous te thread. Please, dont be so ignorant.

and as far as the alliance goes, they dont really bother to fight with small guild. Sinergia and Ani will only try to fight smokiesTE or Redemption. Even tho they some time 2v1 against redemption, but you should know that their numbers are kinda even. (Redemption is sometime got huge ass number. Gotta respect schitter for that)

As for CS, we normally have to defend gloria 1. Yes, some of us will still go out and poke small guild, but it is normally just 2 sinx, 1 ks ninja, and 1 sac pally. I know since I played that ninja and i dont even have a freakin tao. 
We only recall entire guild to take a castle only if we have too. *cough* tempest *cough* yeah, you know what i am talking about.

Edited by 3452140212150117003, 09 November 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#28 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:06 PM

I think disabling recall in woe te would revolutionize it. Big guilds wouldn't be able to recall into their econ after sending out 90% troops to get 2-3 extra castle. they'd be stuck in the 1, and newer and smaller guilds would get castles. Atm new and small guilds get no castles because the big guilds dominate. All stick and no carrot does not a donkey lead in this trek.

Also a host of exploits like portal recall and recalling into the emp room 2 seconds adter woe starts would be stopped.

Also big guilds would suffer a lot of attrition under constant assault and may not be able to keep the classical pluck up.

Recaall was the worst thing to happen to woe back in RO's infancy. It killed competition and turned woe into big guild god item farming before woe ever had a chance..

#29 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:22 PM

Recall goes both ways though. In most cases, giant guilds don't need to recall into secondary castles in order to take them. They can simply just send out parties to go break them 5-10 minutes before WoE ends since they have more people to spare.

Recall however does allow small guilds to have a second chance to defend themselves from those invading parties near end WoE, or capture another castle before it's too late. If a small guild wants a castle with 5 minutes left of WoE, they are going to need every single person they need to break an emp.

#30 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:24 PM

Small guilds using recall to get a castle is like rats fighting over cheese crumbs.

Recall is incredibly toxic to what should be the logistics of divide and conquer; or conquering or defending an empire. Incredibly toxic. Turns normal logistics on their face.

Edited by Jaye, 09 November 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#31 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:35 PM

Considering what time EU players come on at for FE and SE, I think the TE time is nice. 

& for selfish reasons, it forces me to wake up at a normal hour on a weekend. Which is nice for getting things done.

#32 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

play thor? meh, i dont even wanna start from scratch on unstable server, different language and where my woe guildies not even there.
well, if u have time to opinionate my time suggestion, you can always give your time suggestion.

RIP: +13 japanese woe te guild

Edited by fuyukikun, 09 November 2015 - 01:40 PM.

#33 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:42 PM

Recall is incredibly toxic to what should be the logistics of divide and conquer; or conquering or defending an empire. Incredibly toxic. Turns normal logistics on their face.

At one point, sure. But in TE none of the large guilds really use recall on small ones unless there is some motivation for it (small guild has econ in their castle or whatever). Portal recalling is less of an issue now than it used to be thanks to literally every class being able to use a Silversmith Bracelet. Also with emps being plant like, don't really have to worry about those emp room recalls and sinxes smacking a fresh emp for a second and having it break. A recall on a castle does not determine the outcome of a fight. Even if the fight is a large guild vs a small one.

And all woe realms also have kafras with save points which imo, is even worse than recalls. But most of my hate for that comes from WoE2 where every single WoE2 castle has a save point right outside of it. Can defend, die, flag back in and defend again in less than 5 seconds (loading times may vary :v).

#34 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

RIP SpoonFed too from the looks of it. Unless something else happened with them. Filirs had fun fighting both +13 and SpoonFed :\.

#35 Indaliceo

Indaliceo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:58 PM

and as far as the alliance goes, they dont really bother to fight with small guild. Sinergia and Ani will only try to fight smokiesTE or Redemption.

Funny...   If Filirs holds a castle successfully on defense for an extra week, without fail we've had:  Sinergia, Ani, Redemption, and CS (at different times of course) decide to come faceroll over us with their numbers :v  I rate this statement 2/10 on the truth scale.  Would be 1/10 but it's not a regular occurrence and it's hardly a fight.

#36 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

not sure about sinergia, ani, or redemption. But for CS, we normally have our party 2 go around poking stuff, which is made out of 2 or 3 sinx,1 ninja, 1 or 2 pally. if you cant defend against our small party, cant really help you. btw, i cant really remember if we had ever fight filir before. I remember that we did tried to break your empty castle, but that was it. :s

edit: i always want to know, people who in filir, are they a part of smokiesTE? or completely different guild?

Edited by 3452140212150117003, 09 November 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#37 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:01 PM

Filirs is Otterly's WoE TE guild. We aren't a part of any guild other than that.

#38 Indaliceo

Indaliceo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:02 PM

not sure about sinergia, ani, or redemption. But for CS, we normally have our party 2 go around poking stuff, which is made out of 2 or 3 sinx,1 ninja, 1 or 2 pally. if you cant defend against our small party, cant really help you. btw, i cant really remember if we had ever fight filir before. I remember that we did tried to break your empty castle, but that was it. :s

edit: i always want to know, people who in filir, are they a part of smokiesTE? or completely different guild?

I'd have to dig through my replays but I have multiple where it's a LOT more than just that small party.

And the people in Filir's are Otterly members.  No affiliation with smokies at all.

#39 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

if you want make a vid, then PM me the link later, or even better, upload the replay and give me the download link. I want to check their name.

#40 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:40 PM

RIP SpoonFed too from the looks of it. Unless something else happened with them. Filirs had fun fighting both +13 and SpoonFed :\.

I think they're all just playing a new game that's in closed beta

@other non-toxn posters:

28664.png = 24615.png

28499.png= 22846.png

If people didn't know.

Edited by Jaye, 09 November 2015 - 05:44 PM.

#41 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:30 PM

There is also an Indonesian server if he really cares with new update WoE TE that really in convenient schedule... I don't know if Asian players actually feels kicked, I get some Asian friends and no one talking this schedule like big issue..

play thor? meh, i dont even wanna start from scratch on unstable server, different language and where my woe guildies not even there.
well, if u have time to opinionate my time suggestion, you can always give your time suggestion.

You need to realize what's going on, in real life if you moved to other countries then you need to obey and adapt their cultures. This is same case. I don't like idRO, yes many Indonesian people feels that and playing iRO. But then we need to catch up the time zones regarding schedules, complaining about it just make things worse.

#42 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:34 PM

There is also an Indonesian server if he really cares with new update WoE TE that really in convenient schedule... I don't know if Asian players actually feels kicked, I get some Asian friends and no one talking this schedule like big issue..

You need to realize what's going on, in real life if you moved to other countries then you need to obey and adapt their cultures. This is same case. I don't like idRO, yes many Indonesian people feels that and playing iRO. But then we need to catch up the time zones regarding schedules, complaining about it just make things worse.

do you TE? do you talking to your asian friends that do TE?

of course giving suggestion to cater convenient service for all timezone (yeah, some timezones will be butthurt) is necessary to make iRO feels like international. not USA RO.

#43 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:09 PM

I don't get how (-1 hour) affect that many people, it's just the exact same time...

I don't know how to explain it but for me it's always been from noon to 1 pm, even with or without the DST effect.

#44 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:24 PM

it affects from:

"it is already super late and i got work tomorrow, but i will fight for you all"

to

"no excuse now, it cant. already super duper late. i dont want to hate monday even more"

#45 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:35 PM

it affects from:

"it is already super late and i got work tomorrow, but i will fight for you all"

to

"no excuse now, it cant. already super duper late. i dont want to hate monday even more"

Hm, so maybe something like from 10 to 11 am?

-removed-

Edited by VModCinnamon, 10 November 2015 - 01:17 AM.
Removed portion of post, leave religion matters out of this topic please.

#46 Schitter

Schitter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:37 PM

id agree to a -1 hrs sunday change of WoE Time to give them a 12-1am WoE on Sunday

#47 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:41 PM

I actually prefer one hour earlier too. Current WOE TE starts at noon to one pm and it is kindda late for me. 

#48 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:47 PM

do you TE? do you talking to your asian friends that do TE?

of course giving suggestion to cater convenient service for all timezone (yeah, some timezones will be butthurt) is necessary to make iRO feels like international. not USA RO.

I'm not always doing TE if you care, so do some friends. And not just about TE or even about RO, but I played other games or participate in streaming that I need to stay up in 1 AM local time to satisfy all friends on international... I have more busy times and I can do it...

If you can't pleased everyone, then you can't also pleased everything in your life. As Jaye said, this is poor excuse for bring Asian and international thing that only you that complained about TE. No one is in same argument as you in this topic so far.

#49 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:15 PM

Time isn't favorable for any people, I remember back in 2004 Saturday's WoE used to be from 10 pm to midnight, EST and Wednesday's WoE used to be from 6 to 8 pm EST. And I tell you WoE was alive back then!

Edited by VModCinnamon, 10 November 2015 - 01:21 AM.
Removed quote of hidden post.

#50 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:10 PM

If this discussion keeps going on religion-related, I guess this won't end well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users