A Post Regarding Client Edits and Third Party Programs - Page 7 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A Post Regarding Client Edits and Third Party Programs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
233 replies to this topic

#151 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:13 AM

My apologies, Inu had worded her posts in such a way as to imply she was speaking both for herself and on behalf of Section 9. If you state that Inu's actions are her own thing then that's fine and I'm not about to argue that point.

Perhaps I read between the lines, but I personally sensed quite a bit of aggrevation from that final quip about not jumping to conclusions. Especially since this was after the matter was closed. Oh well.

The post you reference is an inquiry about whether a certain act is legal, it's not an accusation. Furthermore, the post does not contain any specific names. Sure, "named condensed white potions" and "4 vends" could possibly be implied to be you, but plausible deniability is that that implication could be about anyone. There is no reason to remove that post because it does not break any rules, it is an inquiry and it does not call anyone out.

While I'm not sure if "hatred" would be the right word you are correct in presuming that I don't like you, but let me make it clear that it is not for any suspicions or presumptions I might have about your behavior in-game. If you were by any chance under the impression that I disliked you because of the accusations you speak of, you would be wrong.

If we could put that aside for just a moment though, could I make a humble suggestion that you make a pinned thread here in the RO1 Community Chat sub-forum explaining your setup for "the genuinely curious" and the "silent majority" as you said?

If your goal is to widely inform people about how baseless the accusations you speak of are, it would be far more visible than a random post directed specifically at an individual and it would save you time in re-typing everything for the nth time. It would also project a better image of yourself to take action preemptively rather than to come in after the fact explaining your legitimacy, especially in cases like this where you (and Inu also, for what it's worth) came in after the matter was already appropriately handled and closed.

P.S. Don't take my quoting your post as "TL;DR" the wrong way, just in case you happened to do so. I already read one of your previous posts detailing that subject so I am already aware what you wrote about. I just couldn't be arsed to quote the entire thing and waste screen real estate, not quoting the post to reference on the other hand would lose the context of my post and would have made for bad flow of discussion. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

No, I too have been accused of wild crap in the past year that makes me

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

But its okay I am supposed to zone out, be quiet, don't look, while these cancerous things continue to course their way and soil my reputation.  And yes Section 9 has been accused of equal wild bs lately too and I could seriously embarrass quite a few of those people on here but I won't, enough is enough these people need to go back to their high chairs and lego blocks.  I'm also not happy with how the staff handled the majority of it either both for myself, Section 9, Ren, Alaska, Xellie any of my close friends or those who have helped try to improve the game.

Why should we have to continually explain whats been explained over and over, its never good enough there is always someone looking for the wire or the bad lighting to say there is the there there.  

Let me state the obvious that hasn't been stated, if its a general inquiry then why not make a PM inquiry.

Edited by Inubashiri, 06 January 2016 - 10:15 AM.

#152 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:24 AM

people having a hard time just

#153 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:37 AM

tumblr_inline_mlqo9q5c2s1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by CharAznable, 06 January 2016 - 09:38 AM.

#154 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:47 AM

I like Ren, she's concise and just overall awesome on how she handles things.

Inu seems like an Avenger (See Below).

#155 Madnug

Madnug

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:05 AM

If people seem to be so good at prosecuting others, why are they wasting their time here instead of pursuing a career as a lawyer?

At least that way there's the good prospect of getting paid for being a nuisance.

#156 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:13 AM

No its more like, you can make an accusation with no evidence and some how its enshrined as an empirical fact when 9/10 the fault lies with the person making the accusation not understanding what they are seeing or even the facts of a situation.  Instead of taking the approach of asking in a PM or 1 on 1, the default approach is to act like Donald Trump and throw a bomb and see if it explodes with a megaphone.

I could easily explain 4 vends "seemingly" pop up at the same time instantly to simply disk access issues due to something called a page fault.

This is a common issue that happens.  Or what about a simple hiccup in net activity?  Or how about simple time perception of looking away from just half a second?

But the instant reaction was oh its bot clients, to be quiet honest, it would be equally as difficult to sync 4 vends with the most commonly used bot client and why someone would wanna do that would be beyond me given it draws attention to yourself which defeats the purpose of continuing to operate.

I would challenge WP, with all due respect, to provide logs of when vends go up or down, I'm pretty sure they do not because if they did they could have nipped an insane amount of bot vends quite easily over the years with a method we gave them time and time again but haven't used.

Edited by Inubashiri, 06 January 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#157 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:59 PM

If people seem to be so good at prosecuting others, why are they wasting their time here instead of pursuing a career as a lawyer?

At least that way there's the good prospect of getting paid for being a nuisance.

With prosecution like this, I doubt any sane court is going to hand out convictions :P
This is more rabble rousing than prosecuting :v

#158 Madnug

Madnug

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:22 PM

I thought they would do exceedingly well in the realm of politics, which is where a good amount of these types of lawyers are.

#159 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

The post you reference is an inquiry about whether a certain act is legal, it's not an accusation. Furthermore, the post does not contain any specific names. Sure, "named condensed white potions" and "4 vends" could possibly be implied to be you, but plausible deniability is that that implication could be about anyone. There is no reason to remove that post because it does not break any rules, it is an inquiry and it does not call anyone out.

I'm the only one with four vends of named condensed white potions. If that's not enough, the extra comment "Will there something be done by the gm's or are you going to tolerate some people bot-vending if they are a member of/in public section 9?" leaves no doubt as there are only two people in "section 9" and one of them doesn't vend. I can't see how that is in any way *not* an accusation of bot vending.

Perhaps I read between the lines, but I personally sensed quite a bit of aggrevation from that final quip about not jumping to conclusions. Especially since this was after the matter was closed. Oh well.

Yes, you seem to imagine a lot of that in my posts. Actually the conclusion was a last-minute addition intended as a joke. Besides being hackneyed advice, it also served as a tongue-in-cheek admonishment of anyone who might have tl;dr'ed the post and skipped to the end. So much for that.

I have never been aggravated on these forums (but I did once feign annoyance while replying to someone's PMs). To me a game is supposed to be fun, and it doesn't make sense to play a game or visit its forums for the purpose of becoming aggravated. I think the word that would most accurately describe how I feel when I'm writing these posts is "amused." Inu is the one who is upset (although since we're the only inhabitants of "section 9" and I rarely participate in drama, it's understandable how you could have gotten the two of us confused).

TL;DR: chibi buwaya snuck into my kitchen. no treasure though :(
chibi.jpg

Edited by renouille, 07 January 2016 - 12:05 PM.

#160 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:30 AM

Meh, make the drama less lengthy. It's tough to read through all this just to get to the juicy parts.

TL:DR versions for each post pls =[

#161 BookishBrenda

BookishBrenda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

Maybe the administrators should change the name of the group to Drama Section 9... :hmm:

#162 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:06 PM

(although since we're the only inhabitants of "section 9" and I rarely participate in drama, it's understandable how you could have gotten the two of us confused).

what happened to the 3rd guy? did you eat him?

#163 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:12 PM

Maybe the administrators should change the name of the group to Drama Section 9... :hmm:

I propose "sector 7-G" to reflect the work ethic around here.

what happened to the 3rd guy? did you eat him?

He simply disappeared. Now, let's have no more curiosity about this bizarre cover-up.

#164 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:15 PM

*ren burps*

#165 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:16 PM

He simply disappeared. Now, let's have no more curiosity about this bizarre cover-up.

Now I'm even more curious as to what happened.

#166 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:18 PM

Renouille, eh?

#167 BookishBrenda

BookishBrenda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:30 PM

Last week's episode was pretty good. :ok:

#168 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:36 PM

So...are we allowed to have big card edits?  If so, anyone know where I can get a clean one?  I would hate to miss a card in the debris pile when I'm doing TI's.  :(

If it's not legal, then I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

#169 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

No.

Also, I have no idea what happened to Nyuu, last August he was sick with the Flu went to the ER for a few days, said he was getting better then disappeared.  His skype was active for a few weeks then never again.  That is rather disheartening but it is what it is.  Severely sad because he was in an area of expertise we lacked and with his help we actually were able to stop quite a few sources of the duping if my understanding is correct with the information we provided.  He had a bit more understanding of Direct X functions as well and we were working on an RCX version for renewal, probably could have finished it but he had all the sources at the time.

#170 OrganicSalmon

OrganicSalmon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:29 PM

So I'm assuming that also means Kaleidoscope is kill as well, seeing as the projects were combined?

#171 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

So I'm assuming that also means Kaleidoscope is kill as well, seeing as the projects were combined?

No but certainly scaling it back by not allowing you to disable your own effects and only those around you, seems people want the bot reporting first though, can't do both at once and maintain our own jobs/lives

Trying to but other crap keeps coming to the foreground.

Edited by Inubashiri, 07 January 2016 - 01:55 PM.

#172 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

Ok enough with that, any derail/drama attempt will not be tolerated any further.

#173 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:51 AM

Other than RCX, is there any other leaner mod that allow me to see Bowling Bash gutter lines overlay?

#174 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:05 PM

Other than RCX, is there any other leaner mod that allow me to see Bowling Bash gutter lines overlay?

SimpleROHook, although I think it has been nonfunctional since the rebel update. As far as I know, there isn't a working version for the current ragexe yet.

#175 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:51 PM

Someone tell me why this is ok

WoaAeGJ.jpg