A Post Regarding Client Edits and Third Party Programs - Page 8 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A Post Regarding Client Edits and Third Party Programs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
233 replies to this topic

#176 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

I've stated before I don't think greyworld should be cool, that's one of the more prominent reasons.

But I feel like just like the MP hack it goes so well with, it'd be really hard to enforce just like other local visual grf edits :(

Is achieving the same effect with just rcx possible? Haven't messed around with it enough myself to know.

Edited by rojoky113, 14 January 2016 - 10:05 PM.

#177 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:05 PM

sort of, let me show you a screenshot from RCX (or 3)

Opw57Pc.jpg

l0nbDOS.jpg

vIPQ8lf.jpg

Edited by Xellie, 14 January 2016 - 10:12 PM.

#178 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:26 PM

The problem is, the people who know how to edit their clients and don't share screenshots or make videos will never be punished.

#179 BookishBrenda

BookishBrenda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:03 AM

Someone tell me why this is ok

I believe it falls under artistic vision.smileys-painting-063732.gif

#180 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

That's a strange way to spell "stupid bull-_-" lol.

Wonder if anyone else has a more convincing rcx settings screenshot that makes it look more comparable to greyworld, because those show a pretty blatant difference in usefulness and quality that kinda craps all over "but it's the same as rcx!" argument.

Not saying it'd be easily enforceable like I stated before, but definitely shouldn't be legal IMO.

Edited by rojoky113, 15 January 2016 - 07:45 AM.

#181 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:23 AM

well now that everyone and their mom thinks its okay its spreading, that's all

thanks obama

#182 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:29 AM

Wow I'd have better time playing Solitaire than playing with that graphic.

#183 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:48 PM

does editing player's sprite into jRO's new 2nd sprite considered okay?

#184 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:23 PM

I asked like the exact same question in the 2nd post of the thread.

Yes that is a problem because player sprites should not be tampered with at all.

Edited by Ashuckel, 15 April 2016 - 06:24 PM.

#185 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:43 PM

XD didnt notice that. okay

#186 MagusGemblade

MagusGemblade

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:35 AM

Hi fellow players,

I know most of you are aware by now but please be on guard, too many people are falling for these new scams that are out there. :bash: There are 4 that I know of.

-The first is about programs out there that allow people to access your computer and take control of your desktop.

One program is called "TEAM VIEWER" (which the GM TEAM now announces regularly during game hours now.) , and the other you are asked to visit one of three websites. They are called “Log Me In Rescue”, "www.247PCG.com", and "www.support.me". By going to one of those you may get a popup that says " Tech Support" with the words LogmeinRescue in the top right of the chat box.

If someone ever, and I mean ever asks you too, DO NOT DOWNLOAD or visit either of these websites, DO NOT. If they do be sure to take a screen shot of the player’s conversation with you and send in a “Support Ticket” through warpportal.com website. These players may claim to be a GM for the game however the GM can’t be hidden in the game. If they claim to be a GM ask them to see their character sprite in game. GM's have their own unique character sprite that a normal player like us can never get. It is unique to the GM Team only. If they claim to be a GM and only have a basic Novice sprite then they are not a GM. If they send you to ROPD.com to see their sprite then you know that they are not a GM. A true GM will not ask you to sign into or visit a website cause the GM can talk to you in game as a normal player. Once again, if someone private messages you and claim to be a GM, just ask to see his or her character sprite in game and if you have any doubts at all just ignore them and send in a support ticket with the players name.

-Another trick that a lot of people fall for is buying zeny with real money. There is no way that the GM Team would ever ask from you to pay real money for zeny. The only thing you ever have to pay real money for is the services from the warpportal.com website and these services and to buy the WARPPORTAL POINTS, which can get you the VIP Service and KAFRA POINTS for the in game KAFRA SHOP where you can get items and rare equipment's. The KAFRA Shop is located in game only by clicking on the blue box near the map in the top right of the screen in game.

-Last but not least the last scam that I know of is one that my cousin fell for and it is when a player asked them to go to IZLUDE and create a chat room. Eventually they asked her to go to the local CVS to send some real money through some service with a red phone to the Philippines and with this money they promised her that she would be able to become a GM. Unfortunately she fell for it and ended up losing about $600.00 or so. :wall:

-REMEMBER, the GM Team does not employ/higher players. The GM Team is a secure group the runs all game operation to help protect us from the scams. The GM Team does have public meetings where you can see Lord Oda or another GM Team member through webcam once a week where any player can ask questions that they may have. They will post a message in yellow in game to let you know when the chats are going to start. If you get a message that is in another color then they are not a GM. Here is what the colors of text mean,

(Light Green is in public chat)

(Aqua Green is guild chat)

(Orange is party chat)

(Yellow is GM TEAM Text, like in WoE or event’s.) The yellow is the GM Team. If someone claims to be a GM and asks you to open a chatroom then they are not a GM, just ignore them and send in a support ticket.

Once again, be on guard everyone. Look out and warn your friends. I love you all. :thumb2:

Edited by MagusGemblade, 21 April 2016 - 06:57 PM.

#187 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:42 AM

wat....why here, and everyone knows this

#188 MagusGemblade

MagusGemblade

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:47 AM

I posted it here cause the topic said it was about third party programs. Sorry, just wanted to make sure the new players know cause unfortunately my cousin fell for it.

Edited by MagusGemblade, 20 April 2016 - 11:50 AM.

#189 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:49 AM

i'm thinking this might be more a cousin problem than a widespread issue.

#190 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

wat....why here, and everyone knows this

The scam thread got unpinned so he's posting it in this thread because it's still pinned. Even though it's linked in the cluster of announcement threads at the top of this forum.

#191 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:10 PM

I posted it here cause the topic said it was about third party programs. Sorry, just wanted to make sure the new players know cause unfortunately my cousin fell for it.

It is fine, though there is already a topic about scamming, as mentioned by ZeroTigress it was unpinned and lost. Now the topic in question has been moved and pinned in the general chat section in the new player zone, you may view it here.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 21 April 2016 - 09:01 AM.
Corrected.

#192 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

so how about buff bots again?

Seems certain ppl uses it still.

#193 dangerous01

dangerous01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:40 PM

The following are the client edits and third party programs that the GM team is currently not suspending for. What this means if they are not going to ban you if you use it. We do not recommend that you ever edit your client. This can result in game client instability and we cannot assist you if you do so. You may need to reinstall the game to make the client playable again.

• Graphical Edits that help with the display of skill outlines
Ex Gutter Lines, Over Lays that show skill splash Zone
  • Graphical Edits that are purely Cosmetic in Nature
Ex. Big Card Edits (Please note replacing monster or player sprites can be viewed as giving players an unfair advantage and may result in account suspension)
  • Informational Client Edits that help with tracking buff timers
  • Creation of Mini Map files for maps that do not have them.
  • Certain Edits that help with client performance

Ex. Remove Shake, Remove Hallucination

• Removal of Camera Restrictions on Maps
  • Use of Keyboard/AHK Macros that Do Not Automate Play

If something is missing from this list then it means that it is not allowed. Do not push the grey areas on client edits as we will suspend without warning.

If you believe that something should be allowed please let Oda know and we will consider it.

Do not share or discuss how to edit clients on the forums. If we see this being discussed we will remove the posts/thread as appropriate.

• "Remove Hallucination" may be you need to actualize effect of the skill, or remove the skill too, because if the effect does not go to players, is useless.

• "Do not share of discuss how to edit client on the forum" well, thus only a few players will have advantage over others, really a very bad decision of the staff.

if you allow this kind stuff, make public and distribute modifications for downloading them FOR ALL. Or not permit modifications. Game equality should be a priority of the server.

Edited by dangerous01, 17 May 2016 - 08:42 PM.

#194 xionandfriends

xionandfriends

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:56 PM

I have a Question, Its illegal the AHK of Cultivate Plant?

No gain EXP just to get supplies without having to be 20 hours to get 10 or 20 consumables.

Is THAT illegal or NOT o.o?

#195 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:03 PM

I have a Question, Its illegal the AHK of Cultivate Plant?

No gain EXP just to get supplies without having to be 20 hours to get 10 or 20 consumables.

Is THAT illegal or NOT o.o?

*Use of Keyboard/AHK Macros that Do Not Automate Play.

#196 xionandfriends

xionandfriends

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:01 PM

*Use of Keyboard/AHK Macros that Do Not Automate Play.

I read the DO NOT AUTOMATE PLAY but is Legal AHK autopotion is an form of automate play and autofeed hom that is other form of Automate Play and i hear about this words "If this is not to get EXP" is legal but i need to know in what point is correct or legal.

#197 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:03 PM

I read the DO NOT AUTOMATE PLAY but is Legal AHK autopotion is an form of automate play and autofeed hom that is other form of Automate Play and i hear about this words "If this is not to get EXP" is legal but i need to know in what point is correct or legal.

Autopotion regardless of if it's AHK or not is illegal.

If you autofeed your homunculus with AHK, they can't tell it apart from botting. So yeah......

#198 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:09 PM

can't wait for someone to try to get out of a ban by saying that they weren't botting, they were just auto-feeding.

#199 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:30 PM

They'd have to start banning for botting and auto-feeding before that could happen.

#200 xionandfriends

xionandfriends

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:30 PM

Autopotion regardless of if it's AHK or not is illegal.

If you autofeed your homunculus with AHK, they can't tell it apart from botting. So yeah......

I never say that i use AHK for anything if get conclusions for you bad reading its other thing i only have a question and its all, i need that a GM answer me not users.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users