Revitalizing Chaos WoE Scene | Needs Drastic Changes & CM Aid - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Revitalizing Chaos WoE Scene | Needs Drastic Changes & CM Aid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
407 replies to this topic

#1 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:11 PM

POPULAR

To start off, I was hesitant to make this thread because WoE threads seem to never bring about changes. The CMs and Producers may glance over, but has there been any action taken, ever? Not really. The previous thread was locked up, with Oda saying something about "Looking into making changes", but nothing was ever brought up afterwards. This might as well be another waste of time, but my philosophy has always been if all seems lost, might as well try anyway, since there's only one way: up.

Some of the things I will mention here are issues that have been present in over 3 years, some may be more recent.

What has been a recent trend is, people are quitting due to they find WoE dull, boring, unrewarding, goal-less. Each of these have an underlying game-mechanics cause that can be addressed by the CMs and producers to at least fix a section of the problem. The other problem is player mindset, and that can't really be fixed anyway. People quit RO due to many things, but what I will be mainly discussing is purely WoE, and in the past, a giant population of players on RO really only plays the game for WoE and PvP. I am one of those players that WoE is the main activity I play for, but this does not mean I only play WoE, I level, I do dungeons, instances, I make videos, I stream. And lastly, I run a healthy WoE guild of around 80 WoE members (Yes, 80, this does not mean all show up for WOE every WoE. About 50-60% do though), and another 20 or so Non-WoE members, and then a whooping 200 inactive members (People that have joined guild and quit the game).

I'm not here to say WoE is boring for me, nor am I saying my guild is dying and I need help. I'm here to address the WoE scene as a whole and to propose and discuss changes that WILL BE MADE to revitalize the WoE scene. Otherwise, if WOE dies, Chaos might as well die too, because over 200 relevant, money spending (WPE and zeny), knowledgeable people will quit the game, and I'm sure no one wants that to happen.

So now, I will give some background details to those clueless non-WoErs.

The WoE Scene right now:

1 guild with about 40-50 members on per WoE

4 guilds with about 15-25 members on per WoE

5 guilds with about 10 members or less on per WoE

The WoE Scene 6 months ago:

4 guilds with about 35-50 members on per WoE

2 guilds with about 20 members on per WoE

4 guilds with about 10 members or less on per WoE

The WoE Scene 2-3 years ago:

6 guilds with about 35-50 members on per WoE

5 guilds with about 20-30 members on per WoE

4 guilds with about 10 members or less on per WoE

A few things to notice: There has been no increase in WoE guilds, the number of WoErs have been decreasing, and guild size average is getting smaller. When Chaos started, there was a whooping 15-18 guilds for WoE. If you don't count the less than 10 members as a guild - it really is just a party. The number of guilds have been cut in half. Why?

Lag

Back when there were the 15 guilds on, there was insane lag in WoE, and the CMs and Producers were too late to address it, so many quit. WoE was impossible to play in. It was like playing chess. It was impossible to pot and move at the same time - why? Who knows. It could have been illegit things, or it could have just been due to the server not being able to handle the numbers. But why? Valkyrie server had these numbers of people per castle and there was barely any lag - why was there such horrific lag on Chaos? So here, we see this was something that the CMs could have addressed but took too long and thus guilds quit.

Then, the last "Current State of WoE" thread, there were requests to limit castle numbers, alliance numbers and guild numbers, because there was not enough guilds to have a healthy full alliance versus full alliance fight, and if that happened, there would again be massive amounts of lag, making WoE unbearably unfun. Nothing was done to change this.

No Incentive

Guild treasures have been horrendous since the 2012 castle change. This is actually one of the biggest reasons to why there is no new guilds forming. First of all, for those that don't know, castle treasures was changed in 2012 so that WoE 1.0 god pieces were randomized into a "God Piece Box", and the drop rate of God pieces went from .89 to who knows what (.1?).

The other things that drop from castle loot are: Jewelry Box (super low drop rate), Old Card Albums (low drop rate), Old Blue Boxes (normal drop rate), WoE White/Violet/Blue Box (One or less per box), Yggdrasil Berries, Yggdrasil Seeds, Dead Branches, Union of Tribe, Random Weapons (WoE 2.0 Only), WoE Weapon Box (super low drop rate), Elunium, Oridecon, WoE Point Supply Token(low drop rate). None of these are dropped high enough to sustain a guild of even 5 people without the leader dishing out x10 or more the zeny they gain from treasures just to have ONE SINGLE WOE.

It should be that the game wants people to participate in its most unique feature - WoE. No other game has it done like this. But instead, it turns people away from WoE. Leaders do not want to take the responsibility and basically dedicate their entire RO experience from PvM for the guild. I have done this for 4 years, I can understand why other leaders do not want to.

In the past, whenever I had amounted 15-20 billion zeny through massive amounts of PvM and saving up, I would hesitate to spend it on a big ticket item because it would eliminate all of my funds for WoE. You may ask, why don't you earn more zeny so you have more left over? Well, I have other obligations than just dedicate my time to a game, and I get burnt out. You all will get burnt out if you did 5-6 hours of malangdo every weekend, 5-6 hours of ET every weekend, and then random TIs to farm EMBs for the MVP Summoner (Valk/Kiel/Tao MVPs). I didn't get my own tao until this year, in 2015. LR has been a guild since 2011. I believe many guild leaders can relate to this. I've always put the guild first before anything. I've hardly bought any big ticket item for myself because I do not want to struggle to scrape up supplies in the future if I get too busy to play.

This is an issue. I'm not complaining about how horrible it is for me. I'm trying to tell the CMs that this should not be the case because it discourages people from taking up the responsibility as a guild leader. Not only do they have to: make up WoE plans, teach members how to play and their roles, reinforce rules, make sure members are using the right WoE gears, learn basically how to play every class, PvM so that members are still interested in the game outside of WoE and to gain money, but they also have to buy hundreds of millions in supplies a week, distribute it (takes about 1.5-2 hours for me to supply my guild).

What do we gain from it?

Virtually nothing. The last time I got a WoE 1.0 God ItemPiece Box was in September? And before that, maybe July? My guild was from a small server that did not have that many god items, so I worked my ass off to get our only meg - and that was made after the servers merged. After the 2012 WoE changes, it's virtually impossible for a guild to create a god item from treasure boxes and trades without buying God pieces from before the change happened. Since I made the meg back in 2012, if I kept all of the WoE 1.0 god pieces I've gotten from treasures and then traded it for equivalent value so that they can all fall into one 1.0 God item, I would maybe have 1/4rd of a Meg? Maybe half a bris, or perhaps 1/3rd a Mjolnir. This is after 3 years of actively WoEing as a guild of 30-50 or so members, taking the average 2-3 castles a WoE. What is the guild leader's incentive then? I have my personal reasons, my guild is a family, I play for them, without them I am just another player and I would have no reason to play. But for other leaders - it can be too stressful, too tough, and they might just not have time to do this rewardless thing over and over and over again for months.

Thus, this creates a very high entry barrier for a guild to WoE. Not only does he have to be knowledgeable and a skillful player, but he must also have time and money to put into recruiting, educating and supplying the members. The bigger the guild gets, the more expensive it becomes with the same reward as having a small guild. Taking 2 end castles is virtually the same as taking 1, when all you're getting is berries, ori, elu, old blue boxes. So what is the point in getting 20 members to WoE versus 5? - The only reason for this is the ability to fight bigger guilds, that have been established for a very long time. Fighting for the sale of fighting is fun, at long as the fights are fun, but it will become draining as a guild leader after a while. Some people feel it later, some people will feel it sooner. The harder it is to sustain your guild (in terms of members and supplies), the less fun WoE will be.

No Competition and no goal

The 2012 changes also killed competition. Because the God Piece dropped at random with a horrendously low drop rate, there was no reason to take a castle and defend it. Taking one castle and keeping it at 100 econ is the same as taking 5 castles. Before the changes, guilds would hold one castle, and prevent other guilds from getting that single god piece, or monopolize that single god piece. But this was a good thing - it was incentive to fight in that particular castle, or take a particular castle because they needed something from there. It made WoE purposeful. God Items were the point in WoE - to strengthen your members via God items and to enriched yourself and fund the fun.

Nowadays if I wanted a certain god piece, regardless of how many econs, or how many castles I take, and whether I get a God Piece box, it is completely random. I have no purpose of taking one castle over the other nor fighting a guild that is trying to hold a castle. Guilds hold castles just to have defense advantage to fight nowadays and just defend for the purpose of defending. Guild attack, just for the action. But there is really only so much of this before it becomes goalless, dull and again, money draining.

Fighting for the sake of fighting without any sort of incentive is self defeating. Unfortunately that's all we can do to treasure the little fun we have in WoE nowadays.

I had to write all of this to explain what I see as the big reasons for guilds quitting, yes there's guild drama, leadership issues, etc but these are the overarching topics and reason that cover the WoE scene - not the guild scene, although they are very tightly knitted with each other.

Cheating

NonWoErs seem to have a misunderstanding that WoE is filled with cheats, and cheaters run rampant with all these automated bots, and whatever. It's not the case. It's generally one person ruining it for everyone. Many people are accused of using cheats due to others not understanding how to do what they do - chasers, suras and RKs are often three of the most misunderstood classes. People believe they use autothis, autothat, nodelay, whatever. This puts off people who are interested in WoE. But here's to all those people that have made it so far in this post, WoE is NOT full of unmoderated rampant cheating. But certain things do go on with these classes to make things look fishy such as getting three masqs thrown onto you at the same time, whether it's via a 3rd party program or not, it is very over powered.

But for those that are caught cheating - the GMs need to have a unwaivering rule for this. Rule changes, people getting unbanned, people getting perma banned all makes us question whether the GMs know what they're doing. The fact that this is questionable will make some people more prone to cheating due to GMs not seemingly to be as competent and that they hope they'll slip through the cracks.

Common things such as Autopot, Nodelay, are easily detectable when you use packetsniffers. Less common things would need a more GM presence in WoE to monitor all the packets being sent.

As to client modding, with the most recent thread coming out, it brings many edits from the NO WAY area to the GRAY area. Not a good thing. I'm all for a vanilla client - with the addition of ROHook, but that is it. But if the team believes this is the way to go, might as well take advantage of it.

Proposed Changes

To address lag - currently, lag is not a big issue, but that's mainly due to the WoE scene being less than half of what it used to be. This is actually not a fix. I would love to be able to experience a fight where there are 200 people in a castle, and there is no lag. I think every guild would love that. But even now if there are all the major guilds in one castle in Nid, it still lags. I also noticed that the Nidhoggur zone is in the same zone as Valkyrie Realms (people are in Valk realms during WoE to turn in their investment tickets). I really don't know how else to combat server lag issues, but I'm sure the development team has ideas.

To capitalize on individualizing zone servers, I propose you guys to have one zone only for Nidhoggur Realm.

Increase incentives - It would be great to have:

1. WoE Point Supply Boxes drop at a fixed rate; 1 WPS Token Box per Treasure Box.

2. 5-10 WoE White/Violet/Blue Boxes per Treasure Box.

3. Remove Ori, Elu Old Blue Boxes, and replace it with x3 Battle Manuals, HE Gums, WoE Gear (WoE Suit, Plate, Robe, Mant, Muffler, Shoes, Boots, Greaves).

4. Increase God Piece Drop Rate.

Increase competition -

1. Revert the WOE system to pre-2012, but with still 4 castles. Have one castle in the realm drop two types of God Pieces instead. This will give guilds castle goals again.

2. Then give monthly RENTAL rewards for things like longest hold and most end forts. The rewards can be something like; special treasure spawn access (5-10 extra boxes per week), or a 30 day god item - perhaps the Upgraded WoE TE Gods (Hervor Altir/Jormungand).

3. Restrict alliances to 1, and decrease guild cap to 40 so that there can be more guilds formed with the current number of WoEr. NAPs will always happen and cannot be avoided, but this re-distributes the players in the WoE scene.

Cheating

1. Create a standardized strike system that is unwaivering, yet slightly forgiving - 2 week ban for 1st time cheating, 1 month for 2nd time cheating, permaban for 3rd time cheating. Also, by cheating I do not mean botting. I mean WoE related cheating only. And all forms of cheating would fall into the same category. No form of cheating is "less bad" than the next would make the punishment system a lot more clear and fair.

2. More GM monitoring WoE and having the producers/CMs be more educated on what is going on.

3. Shadow Chasers are one of the classes most accused of having "automasq" You can achieve this by using macros that bind multiple masqs together, or you can do it through cheating. Whether it is manual or not, to completely shut down 5 people in seconds is still pretty overpowered. S3ndo proposed giving the masqs a small delay so that it's not spammable. I think this would be a good thing to combat this.

I would like to hear more suggestions, but they would have to be realistic and reasonable. I have given reason for each thing I have listed with my extremely tl'dr post, but I hope you guys do read it and agree with me so that we can have a conversation with the Producers and CM/GM team so that changes can be put forth to revitalize and revive the WOE scene. If your post is not constructive, not on topic, or incites drama, I will have it deleted.

Also, if you do agree that WoE needs change, please upvote this post so that the CM/Producers see that this is what the community wants.

edit: Will be editing on and off for grammatical errors and new ideas

Edited by KamiKali, 12 November 2015 - 08:11 AM.

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:53 PM

merely changing the god item drop box slightly would make a world of difference imo. i'm not sure why it was ever set to be completely random when they took castles out. there should be a god item box for each specific realm (i.e. people trying to make a meg would be focusing on taking brit castles, etc). it'll still be random but it wouldn't be nearly as terrible as it is now.

instead of being like 1/20 chance of getting what you need, it'd be 1/5.

#3 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:59 PM

The GMs have ignored the last WOE thread's suggestion entirely, and the outcome is decreased player base in the WOE scene. Not sure how long they want to continue ignoring the situation and suggestion.

#4 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:06 PM

I play RO for different reasons, and logging onto RO for 2 hours for 2 days a week like a job isn't something I'm always keen on doing.

The WoE scene is dying simply because this game is old and the player base ISN'T INCREASING. Otherwise you'd see more and more guilds and more and more alliances.

In the end, warp portal is a small company and their main job is to publish the game. Everything that is being wanted requires things to change that requires reprogramming the fundamental things that the game was coded into 14 years ago. Good luck hiring expensive developers to train and try and get them to understand the spaghetti code to fix the problems in game. Any new content becomes harder to be pushed out because the programmers needs to always customize what kRO gives them.

It's not as easy as everyone wants it to be, otherwise it'd probably be done right now. Warp portal has limitations in terms of affording staff and managing other games, tickets, and publishing the content. So stop treating them like they have the resources for it.

If people still remember their stock reports, iRO had to take a loan from kRO and that is still not paid off.

edit: nothing.

Edited by Demeris, 12 November 2015 - 02:21 PM.
Removed portion of post, guild call-out.

#5 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:09 PM

Right off the bat I'm reminded of my thread, where they mentioned they'd look into things like alliance caps - never happened. They said they'd try things out during "event" WoEs - not even entirely sure that happened either, but I can certainly say nothing ever came of it if it did.

Other than that, I'm honestly not going to bother writing anything too extensive because I feel as if I'll just be wasting my time, but I will say this: WoE has been unfun for a very, very long time now. Most of these points were in the OP, but I will just echo with my opinion.

- There is absolutely not enough competition on the server, seeing as multiple guilds are able to end a siege with multiple castles - a lot of which weren't even fought for because they've been empty for a good chunk of WoE. Close off some castles, limit alliances, anything, but 2-3 guilds raking in 3+ castles every WoE is NOT a good thing.

- It's not rewarding. The loots are garbage outside of God pieces, and even then, those are RANDOM. There's no incentive to seek out a particular castle or to try to econ it; just grab whatever the hell you can get because there's no difference anyways. Change it back to how it was before, where specific castles spawned specific pieces.

Changing the other loots would also be a good thing, they are outdated. I'm sorry to say, but we are well beyond the years of pre-renewal; update the castle loots accordingly.

- I'm beating a dead horse with the topic of cheating. Even when people are caught with beyond-the-shadow-of-a-doubt proof, nothing happens. I honestly have no expectations for this to change anymore.

One thing that has honestly soured my look on the game and its management recently is the issue that happened in that econ'd castle a while back; the one with the bugged portal. Have there been any fixes for that? Nope, because it happened again a few sieges ago. Oh, and let's not forget how the GMs or whatever didn't want to set things right because, and I'm paraphrasing here, "we never did so in the past." Yeah, so why make a change for the better now, right? Just keep repeating the same mistakes, sounds good.

Edited by Alaska, 11 November 2015 - 10:40 PM.

#6 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:30 PM

Something definitely needs to be done to fix WoE. It's definitely not the only reason I play, but I don't like boring WoEs.

The castle drops being changed is dumb and I agree they should be back to the drops per castle, not just all shoved in a box and hope you get the one you want. Defending castles is fun when people are actually trying to take it back. But if you can just go get another castle and have the same chance of getting the god piece you want, what's the point in putting all the extra work in when there's empty castles or ones being held by tinier guilds that can get stomped on? Best fix for this is either go back to how it was before the change in 2012, or to do what somebody else said and make it so that each realm has their own box. That way at least fights will be in the same realm, instead of people just going to the realms where nobody really is.

#7 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:10 PM

Just curious, what kind of drops that the teasure box drops in this server

because as far as i remember, back in the pRO , my brother use to have few pRO custom items(the 10th pRO equipments), a "bato" (its a refining stone for pRO equips), some pots and vellum.

but from this thread, it seems that i will get more trashed than gold  :hmm:

#8 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:35 PM

@kali, I totally agree you at the castle drop part, I even made a post about similar points years ago but it was totally ignored. What is the point for players to make a guild and woe if it will eventually kill the guild leader financially, except those with really deep pocket or woe maniac. The castle drops are just useless junks, Woe supply boxes are hard to drop already, let alone god pieces. Those gears are super outdated which you want to sell it directly to NPC than costing space in your storage.

About the cheats issue, personally I hate auto-masq as well as auto-pot, it is game breaking on a class that extremely hard to kill thanks to those fancy demi-human gears and costumes. I believe most ppl had experienced fly-kick+3masq+acc divests in 1 second, getting masq while in the invincible period after portal, getting masq from nowhere while snapping on a sura in woe. The counter solution to auto-masq is simple, just put a skill reuse cooldown(similar to arrow storm) on every masq skill then it can be fixed.

#9 Tovenaar

Tovenaar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:05 AM

Increase competition -

3. Restrict alliances to 1, and decrease guild cap to 40 so that there can be more guilds formed with the current number of WoEr. NAPs will always happen and cannot be avoided, but this re-distributes the players in the WoE scene.

Cheating

2. More GM monitoring WoE and having the producers/CMs be more educated on what is going on.

^

Edited by Tovenaar, 12 November 2015 - 01:06 AM.

#10 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:27 AM

I remember when you could take castles with small guilds because there was lots of competition and even small guilds had a chance to take castles.

I started in a small guild a while ago and I loved it, I can't imagine why anyone would start a new guild now when they would get crushed by big alliances; because of this, new players wouldn't give WoE a fair chance and not bother with it and I wouldn't blame them. So reducing guild sizes and alliance limits would be great for everyone and having rewarding castles drops would be awesome too.

I think the question that we should be asking is WHY things have not changed? Does anyone with any power to change things cares about the game? Can they really change things without KRO permission? Will they make more money if they change things? Do they need more help to change things?

From past experience both in real life and online gaming when whoever manages/runs/own something stops caring for a long period of time, it means they gave up on it, that doesn't mean we should give up on RO but sooner or later everyone runs out of patience and quits.

Sometimes, banging your head on a wall will actually break the wall but if nothing changes(as usual) we should enjoy RO as much as we can before it ends.

#11 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:28 AM

i also feel like there was something like autoimprison. same reason like above, suddenly imprisoned out of nowhere while the caster still busy doing aoe. pretty great they can do superhuman reflex and able to imprison me in the middle of the crowd in very accurate targetting. it evolves from i think it was skilled player to i think it was fishy.
btw i am up fot castle incentives, i do woe for fun and interacting with my guildie, but giving more incentives to leader is good, as well as making new guilds to be interested in joining woe.

#12 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:27 AM

As somebody who doesn't WOE that's an interesting read / insight so thanks for this.

I'd love to try WOE ... I even had the opportunity through a friend to join a big guild but can't because of time zones. From what I've read here there really isn't the incentive to stay up past 2am on a weeknight.

#13 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:31 AM

inb4 non WoE-ers talking nonsense and thinking they know everything when they dunno what is actually happening ;)

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:33 AM

inb4 some WoEers too

#15 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:56 AM

@kali, I totally agree you at the castle drop part, I even made a post about similar points years ago but it was totally ignored. What is the point for players to make a guild and woe if it will eventually kill the guild leader financially, except those with really deep pocket or woe maniac. The castle drops are just useless junks, Woe supply boxes are hard to drop already, let alone god pieces. Those gears are super outdated which you want to sell it directly to NPC than costing space in your storage.

About the cheats issue, personally I hate auto-masq as well as auto-pot, it is game breaking on a class that extremely hard to kill thanks to those fancy demi-human gears and costumes. I believe most ppl had experienced fly-kick+3masq+acc divests in 1 second, getting masq while in the invincible period after portal, getting masq from nowhere while snapping on a sura in woe. The counter solution to auto-masq is simple, just put a skill reuse cooldown(similar to arrow storm) on every masq skill then it can be fixed.

I agree to Gaynry. Some classes are just somehow hard to deal with if you add the cheats issue in it.

Just quoting some people in guild:

"the problem? the introduction of 175 just made woe turned from a positional warfare to pvp based. Where Chasers and Suras were made godly from humane."

#16 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4045 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:59 AM

fapito, but tell me about godly warlock :v

#17 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:54 AM

fapito, but tell me about godly warlock :v

Warlocks are OP if you know how to use them... right gear, stats and spells.

So far, there's only Kevin and I who classify under that godly like status for warlocks.

There you go =)

#18 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:55 AM

I understand the logic behind them randomizing the god pieces drop rate (as in to avoid a monopoly), but the way it was executed was too extreme, and  competition faded away. Not to mention the drop rate is ridiculous, so any new guild hoping for a zeny relief from castle drops is bound to disappear quick.

Castle loots in general need to be changed (specific god pieces to drop only from certain realm perhaps), and their drop rate improved. Not that this hasn't been said before.

#19 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:55 AM

Just a heads up, keep this discussion civil and within topic.

Spam, non constructive and drama provoking posts will be removed WITHOUT notice. And please, do not dive deep in guilds shenanigans.

Note, 1 post has been removed (spam).

Thank you.

#20 TEDDYBEE

TEDDYBEE

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:58 AM

Lag issue:    Server side 30% responsibility, Player side 70% responsibility.

Every Saturday woe happens the same thing, 5~6 guilds fighting in a single caste for 1 hour and half, with terrible lag. More like a guild leader issue, they made the decision ruin everyone's fun. I don't buy it, plz dont waste my time, ppl spend 2 hours is not for this kind of thing.

Oh, and sometime guild leader decide to econ a castle? Great, 2 hours standing in the castle feeling how boring woe it is, then alt tabbing watching porn.

Incentive issue:   Every WoE, guild members only receive 5~7 millions zeny worth supply, but you gotta do WoE for 2 hours? Why don't just do a 15 minutes hazy and get your OCA? There is no point changing the God piece drop rate, rewarding more to guild leader doesn't help resolve the issue, guild leader is the only one who takes the benefit of God items.

Instead the server should considering a reward system, like those instances, reward players and encourage players to do WoE. This way guild leader don't have to spend too much zeny on supplies, while guild member already get what they want through the reward NPC, maybe giving an OCA or EMB for players who did woe for 2 hours?

Big guild leader get more God item pieces, means more god items on server, more game broken , more unbalance, more dollars guild leader can earn. 

Cheating & Skill abuse issue:  Who can tell there is no one cheating in WoE? I believe there is a huge amount of player using autothis autothat :)

Beside of that, Stasis, Mask-Ignorence abuse is terrible. The point of whole woe is getting Ignorenced, Stasised and die. Which guild has the most SC and alt WL? I wont tell you, kekeke

MVP card issue:    Like Kali mentioned, TAO.  Ok, i've seen more and more TAO, GTB thing on the server. If you do bio4 party, you should notice how many ppl are holding MVP cards. Disable MVP card in woe should help things out, this is the easiest and cheapest way to fix the WoE issue.

Guild member number unbalanced:  Kali runs the biggest guild in the server right now, all the changes she mentioned are very good points, they are good for every player, but the ppl who get the most benefited, still her. Thanks for bringing this topic out, but the one of the biggest problem that bothering me is, a 50 members guild rush on a 20~30 members guild, and themself keep saying woe is boring, bla bla bla.

Edited by TEDDYBEE, 12 November 2015 - 05:16 AM.

#21 RaafaMatos

RaafaMatos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:09 AM

The gms won't do anything about this topic.
I've been playing woe on RO in a high level since 2009 on bRO and iRO and i know what the gms think:"its Just a moment, one day there will be more peoples and another day there will be less peoples".
GMs don't care for our fun, if they do, they would had made something before to keep players interested in woe.

If the GMs Wake up and decide to hear us, Here is my advice to improve woe:
-Change the castles drops to the same as before 2012;

-Make events/prizes for guilds;

-Make a ranking of guilds. What is that? We had that on bRO and did work so well, guilds fighting for castles during and in the end of woe, always improving.

I know they won't do anything, but hope is the last which die.

Edited by RaafaMatos, 12 November 2015 - 04:27 AM.

#22 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4045 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:15 AM

The gms won't di anything about this topic

they should, if they don't WOE will die. /sigh

#23 Schitter

Schitter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:18 AM

I totally agree with the Casle Drops, ive countless times back in 2012 and 2013 sayed and posted that they are broken. The gears wich dropped at that time when i used to lead my Guild were outdated and needed replaced.

It would benefit for new Guilds aswell to have more possibilities, more WPS Boxes wich would help them grow and substain supplys for a longer term.

Back than all we heared, Castle Drops are working as intended. Would be nice to see a actual change on this matter :)

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:21 AM

Everything here is so familiar and it's also taken only a couple of WoEs and chatting to ppl on that server to realize the issues.

It's less server specific I think and more management specific. Please read it CMs!

#25 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4045 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:27 AM

I totally agree with the Casle Drops, ive countless times back in 2012 and 2013 sayed and posted that they are broken. The gears wich dropped at that time when i used to lead my Guild were outdated and needed replaced.

It would benefit for new Guilds aswell to have more possibilities, more WPS Boxes wich would help them grow and substain supplys for a longer term.

Back than all we heared, Castle Drops are working as intended. Would be nice to see a actual change on this matter :)

for example:

Box what contains 500 of random food+20 mats. (ice pieces, blood of wolf etc..)

MCA, replacing OCA

Boxes of ygg berries (which contains 20 or 25)

will edit this for more ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users