Revitalizing Chaos WoE Scene | Needs Drastic Changes & CM Aid - Page 3 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Revitalizing Chaos WoE Scene | Needs Drastic Changes & CM Aid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
407 replies to this topic

#51 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:30 AM

Hmmm, maybe use battle ground system as a reference? I don't know :)

The winner of the castle get KVM badges? Well KVM doesn't involve the problem of abuse free reward right? And encorage ppl get KVM gears for WoE. 1 stone 2 birds.

Just saying, i dont think Warpportal and gravity will make anything like that.

I'm happy with Stasis/Ignorance nurf, some MVP cards disable is woe.

And what about veteran players who have no use for KVM badges?

#52 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:03 AM

So, I know we aren't very public with our attempts to address these issues but I will lay out what we have been working on, and what our company executive is right now at HQ trying to get done for you guys. This applies to both the Classic and Renewal servers. We actually don't forget we just keep on trying and will continue to do so.

• Improving server performance.
    • This is one of our biggest requests. We want to be able to take advantage of the full server hard ware
  • Improving client performance
    • As some of you may know kRO on their Sakray was for awhile was testing a Graphical/Direct X update. We are asking that they revisit this, finish it, and then ship it to the partners. 
  • Greater granularity in Cool Downs for Items/Skills
    • This would allow for the better setting of skill/item cool down and settings for shared cool downs between skills/items. This would then look forward towards having better balance in game.
  • Stasis needs to stop going through walls..

These are just the updates and fixes that we have targeted towards improving WoE

We also have about 20-30 other Quality of Life improvements that we are is fighting for that in general should be make the game far more enjoyable or at the very least less frustrating (Looking at you... homunculous, enchanting, vending, DoT Skills, Traps, expanded classes, guild storage, Training Dummy etc)

Sadly such a host of updates take time but we are working on getting kRO to take player/our ideas and improve the game.

#53 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:08 AM

So, I know we aren't very public with our attempts to address these issues but I will lay out what we have been working on, and what our company executive is right now at HQ trying to get done for you guys. This applies to both the Classic and Renewal servers. We actually don't forget we just keep on trying and will continue to do so.

• Improving server performance.
    • This is one of our biggest requests. We want to be able to take advantage of the full server hard ware
  • Improving client performance
    • As some of you may know kRO on their Sakray was for awhile was testing a Graphical/Direct X update. We are asking that they revisit this, finish it, and then ship it to the partners. 
  • Greater granularity in Cool Downs for Items/Skills
    • This would allow for the better setting of skill/item cool down and settings for shared cool downs between skills/items. This would then look forward towards having better balance in game.
  • Stasis needs to stop going through walls..

These are just the updates and fixes that we have targeted towards improving WoE

We also have about 20-30 other Quality of Life improvements that we are is fighting for that in general should be make the game far more enjoyable or at the very least less frustrating (Looking at you... homunculous, enchanting, vending, DoT Skills, Traps, expanded classes, guild storage, Training Dummy etc)

Sadly such a host of updates take time but we are working on getting kRO to take player/our ideas and improve the game.

All four points are great and would be a good step. But on top of this, a HUGE HUGE portion is to do with WoE incentives which entice competition. When kRO changed how castle drops, castle functions worked. I knew this would kill competition because it killed goals, and it did and we see that today.

I also don't believe that lag is caused by skill effects. FPS maybe drop, but back when I WoE'd on valk server, there used to be ~140-160 people in a castle, 200+ in a realm, and there was no lag. On the other hand, it's impossible to play with over 100 people in a castle on Chaos.

I want to know if these are feasible and can be implemented within the next 3-6 months. I'm sure some can be done on your side, while some - guild size limitation, etc can only be done through kRO. But I think the server and community would like to see this requested and in the future implemented.

(In the original post)

Lag: Change Nid Zone server to its own.

Increase incentives

1. WoE Point Supply Boxes drop at a fixed rate; 1 WPS Token Box per Treasure Box.

2. 5-10 WoE White/Violet/Blue Boxes per Treasure Box.

3. Remove Ori, Elu Old Blue Boxes, and replace it with x3 Battle Manuals, HE Gums, WoE Gear (WoE Suit, Plate, Robe, Mant, Muffler, Shoes, Boots, Greaves).

4. Increase God Piece Drop Rate.

Increase competition -

1. Revert the WOE system to pre-2012, but with still 4 castles. Have one castle in the realm drop two types of God Pieces instead. This will give guilds castle goals again.

2. Then give monthly RENTAL rewards for things like longest hold and most end forts. The rewards can be something like; special treasure spawn access (5-10 extra boxes per week), or a 30 day god item - perhaps the Upgraded WoE TE Gods (Hervor Altir/Jormungand).

3. Restrict alliances to 1, and decrease guild cap to 40 so that there can be more guilds formed with the current number of WoEr. NAPs will always happen and cannot be avoided, but this re-distributes the players in the WoE scene.

I know I'm one person trying to speak for the whole WoE community. I also don't know if everyone agrees with the changes, but these ideas and proposals have been bought up by many people in the past whom I have no WoE affiliations with, so I believe implementing these things, if possible, would really improve the WoE scene as a whole.

Edited by KamiKali, 12 November 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#54 yuki13

yuki13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationRoom
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:29 AM

last woe i ask a permission to leave the woe 1 hour early,because i cannot take the lag on woe,i live in a very decent fast internet country in the world,(Japan)i just really cant take the lag and i thought it was my net and it took me hour just to keep in the woe but seriously it makes me really wanna rage,and think it is better to quit the game,rather than continue playing!i did left the woe!end of story player quit because of lag,less player on iro again.

#55 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:41 AM

Thanks Kami for the post, I was about to create one down there but you've saved me time!

Here's how >I< feel about and my ideas:

Castle Tier System:

Realm 1 - S

Realm 2 - A

Realm 3 - B

Realm 4 - C

Realm 1 would have higher god pieces drop chance and it'd drop some really valuable items/consumables, that said, it'd be the most rewarding realm and also it'd be the home for ally fights, big guilds etc. Econ Investment price would be higher (e.g: 4.000.000z)

Realm 2 would also have a nice drop chance, but not so high as Realm 1 and it'd drop enough consumables to keep gleaders being able to supply their guilds. Invetment would be higher than castles B and C, but not so high as Realm S. (e.g: 3.000.000z)

Realm 3 and 4 would have some special features, the most unique one would be: ALL Gods and MvPs are disabled. The drops wouldn't be that good (3 would be better than 4, of course), but they would focus on PvM supplies, gears etc. They would help small guilds to grow through WoE and they'd also be able to have fun.

Because let's be real, small guilds will probally be in their low tier realms for a LONG time, since they won't ever be able to reach Tier 1 and 2 Guild level in terms of Gear and also Experience unless one of the "Big4" quits. So, yea, at least guilds formed from new players would be able to play as their own tag, that said they'd at least have fun in something other than Leveling>Instances x??.

Edited by Tanzanito, 12 November 2015 - 10:49 AM.

#56 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:49 AM

I think the reason they never went through with the guild cap suggestion is because it would interfere with PVM guilds even though there are very few guilds (I can only think of *maybe* 1) who actually reach that cap with real people, and don't house 20 alts in guild.

Edited by Alaska, 12 November 2015 - 10:52 AM.

#57 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:53 AM

I think the reason they never went through with the guild cap suggestion is because it would interfere with PVM guilds even though there are very few guilds (I can only think of 1) who actually reach that cap with real people, and don't house 20 alts in guild.

And also because it's really hard to change the Guild Cap with the current guild cap being high. They'd have to disband ALL guilds and then create them back.

#58 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:53 AM

I already said this in another thread, but as it stands people do WoE for at least one of two reasons, because of god item creation and fun.

The people who are playing but not particapating either lack the personal incentive to do it (there is no singular reward system etc) or just don't enjoy PVP.

As for fresh blood, that is purely the state of the game, once it is fixed and people aren't dragging athe game down, then people might start taking a positive outlook on the game when they try it out.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 12 November 2015 - 10:58 AM.

#59 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:54 AM

I think the reason they never went through with the guild cap suggestion is because it would interfere with PVM guilds even though there are very few guilds (I can only think of *maybe* 1) who actually reach that cap with real people, and don't house 20 alts in guild.

I've always wondered if it was possible add an extra condition or rank to guilds, like a WOE flag. So a guild could have 200 odd members, but only a set amount could be flagged as WOE allowed.

#60 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:55 AM

And also because it's really hard to change the Guild Cap with the current guild cap being high. They'd have to disband ALL guilds and then create them back.

Would be worth it if it meant WoE could actually be enjoyable again, but I would honestly push more for the alliance limitations. There's no need to have 4 man alliances when there's barely double that number of guilds even seiging. 

#61 Thallein

Thallein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:03 AM

Do other MMO's have lag like Ragnarok does?

What is the player on screen cap that your hardware / setup can handle?

I remember looking at the minimum requirements to play RO, and thinking to myself well I have better crap than the minimum so why am I still lagging? Why are people having to pay for 3rd party server tunneling programs just to play the game? I'm tired of wondering what in God's effin holy earth killed me when I can't move, can't pot, everyone stops moving on my screen and I somehow still respawn DEADER than dog farts. There is no lag when you ET most of the time. No lag in MVPing. No lag in farming high value items and reselling them to save up to buy God items instead. Why WoE? WoE is riddled with monotony, whether the GM's address is or not, it's entirely dynamic and based off the players themselves. 

WoE is no fun for maestro. I can't kill with AV anymore like back in the good ol days....I got a better chance of hearing a rabbit fart than hope that coma card goes off. Why was the nerf to Arrow Vulcan Necessary?

Some classes the the short end of the stick with nerfs, and others got amazingly buffed, is the point that I'm trying to make here I guess. Maybe another re-balancing is in order.

And if Oda asks me to submit a tracert, I F***ing quit.

Edited by Thallein, 12 November 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#62 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:03 AM

As for fresh blood, that is purely the state of the game, once it is fixed and people aren't dragging athe game down, then people might start taking a positive outlook on the game when they try it out.

Again, cat races or kawaii-desu gears won't make people that are interested in >WoE Only< start to play here if the WoE is the way it is right now. Something needs to be done addressing SPECIFICALLY WoE. 

You're not into WoE, so please, just stop posting here. You won't agree with barely anyone in this thread so just save yourself to other PvM/New Classes/Cats  threads.

#63 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:04 AM

i dont know if this has only occured to me , but  does woe really need to last 2 hours? i dont know about you but  for the most time i spent playing, i always felt the first hour of woe  were a waste of resources,   and as time goes by and we get more obligations in our lives,  getting time to play the whole 2 hours becomes more and more difficult, let alone supplying the resources to last two hours and all the implications.

so i  was wondering, wouldnt making woe last 1 hour  make it for a more intense experience in a more manageable ammount of time? this would ideally also lessen the ammount of time leaders have to spend supplying for woe.

#64 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:05 AM

Really instead of having the official guild capacity changed, guilds themselves could limit to 30-40 people or so. Since obviously changing the cap would have to come from kRO and we all know how likely that will happen soon, if at all. I mean sure guilds can still have more and whatever and not choose to do this, but nothing is stopping those of us who want to limit ourselves like this.

Same thing with alliances. People can choose to limit/not have alliances, though the same problem remains of people choosing to do so anyway.

#65 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:06 AM

I've always wondered if it was possible add an extra condition or rank to guilds, like a WOE flag. So a guild could have 200 odd members, but only a set amount could be flagged as WOE allowed.

That's actually an interesting thought on paper, but I'm not sure how it would work out in practice. Most guilds usually have a lot of people come and go so you'd have to be constantly on your toes making sure the appropriate members are flagged before each WoE. :x

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:06 AM

You can never ask guilds to reliably limit themselves, through fear or inferiority - they will find excuses not to.

#67 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:07 AM

You can never ask guilds to reliably limit themselves, through fear or inferiority - they will find excuses not to.

Yeah that's why I said that its not something that everybody would do, although it's still an option.

#68 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:09 AM

There will always be a few guilds who won't adhere to the self-imposed limitations resulting in WoE tipping in their favor, so I can't say I consider that an option.

Edited by Alaska, 12 November 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:12 AM

Yeah that's why I said that its not something that everybody would do, although it's still an option.

It's a sad reality that people will usually play to the max capacity the game will allow, regardless of whether or not it provides long term fun.

The staff have to be proactive in this case.

I keep wishing for alliance limits myself; tho, I respect that some guilds need allies to fight others - it provides more peers for them to improve against.

I get shot down for "wanting to destroy them with all my gods and stuff" with these suggestions, but I just think back to the processes I had to use to grow my own guild.

#70 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:13 AM

Again, cat races or kawaii-desu gears won't make people that are interested in >WoE Only< start to play here if the WoE is the way it is right now. Something needs to be done addressing SPECIFICALLY WoE. 

You're not into WoE, so please, just stop posting here. You won't agree with barely anyone in this thread so just save yourself to other PvM/New Classes/Cats  threads.

I never said new content, so just stop there.

WoE is a portion of this game, a game which currently has a public outcry of how bug ridden it is, something that certainly shines through Steam comments alone.

People tend to not flock to a game when its own community; on a daily basis I might add, absolutely rains a -_- storm of negative comments.

Now these are not unfounded, but from an outsiders point of view, would you try a game when it has so much backlash from its own community? I sure as -_- remember Diablo 3 dropping due to this bad publicity, and that is a new game.

And correction, I used to be into WoE. My opinion here is just as good as yours you entitled idiot.

#71 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:16 AM

WoE is a portion of this game

For some people, including MOST people that've been playing this game for years, WoE it's the only fun part of this game, others are just an obligation. We all know there's guild leaders that don't even play anymore besides WoE.  So yeah, we're adressing WoE because one part of the community is JUST into WoE.

#72 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:18 AM

For some people, including MOST people that've been playing this game for years, WoE it's the only fun part of this game, others are just an obligation. We all know there's guild leaders that don't even play anymore besides WoE.  So yeah, we're adressing WoE because one part of the community is JUST into WoE.

And one part of the problem is the lack of new players.

New players = chance of more people interested in WoE.

Chance of more people interested in WoE = more competition.

The connection is strange I know.

#73 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:29 AM

And one part of the problem is the lack of new players.

New players = chance of more people interested in WoE.

Chance of more people interested in WoE = more competition.

The connection is strange I know.

We got 3.8k players, and 150 in WoE. If PvM people wanted to play WoE we would already have LOADS of new WoE guilds, which clearly isn't the case.

The people that would be interested in WoE are:

• Someone that've played and WoEd a lot back then and now he's looking for the "old glory days".
  • Guilds and Players from another Official Servers that are dying and found in iRO their home.

People that starts to play RO because it's kawaii-desu or have cute hats won't be interested in WoE and if they are, the skillcap will push them back, since WoE is a very complex feature. If you want new players to play in WoE, create a guide, ask for a tutorial or whatever. 

Edited by Tanzanito, 12 November 2015 - 11:31 AM.

#74 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:32 AM

We got 3.8k players, and 150 in WoE. If PvM people wanted to play WoE we would already have LOADS of new WoE guilds, which clearly isn't the case.

The people that would be interested in WoE are:

• People that've played and WoEd a lot back then and now he's looking for the "old glory days".
  • Guilds and Players from another Official Servers that are dying and found in iRO their home.

People that starts to play RO because it's kawaii-desu or have cute hats won't be interested in WoE and if they are, the skillcap will push them back, since WoE is a very complex feature. If you want new players to play in WoE, create a guide, ask for a tutorial or whatever. 

3.8k "players" is a stretch with the number of bots and alts people have.

And yes, because the current WoE doesn't fit with what they would like to see, which means there is room for improvement to encourage some of the existing player base.

Some people do play for the kawaii -_-, some don't. It's not right to assume that all new players come to play for that.

#75 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:38 AM

3.8k "players" is a stretch with the number of bots and alts people have.

And yes, because the current WoE doesn't fit with what they would like to see, which means there is room for improvement to encourage some of the existing player base.

Well, so let's focus in the ACTUAL stuff we're able to do, to revitalize ACTUAL WoE Scene. As said in the first post by Kami, even in a game with loads of bugs, a year ago we had a lot more guilds WoEing than we have now.

Stop asking things that includes the kRO-iRO relationship and that requires years of negotiations and all that blablabla they gotta do. kRO is slow, we all know that, and not only with iRO. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users