So, I know we aren't very public with our attempts to address these issues but I will lay out what we have been working on, and what our company executive is right now at HQ trying to get done for you guys. This applies to both the Classic and Renewal servers. We actually don't forget we just keep on trying and will continue to do so.
- Improving server performance.
- This is one of our biggest requests. We want to be able to take advantage of the full server hard ware
- Improving client performance
- As some of you may know kRO on their Sakray was for awhile was testing a Graphical/Direct X update. We are asking that they revisit this, finish it, and then ship it to the partners.
- Greater granularity in Cool Downs for Items/Skills
- This would allow for the better setting of skill/item cool down and settings for shared cool downs between skills/items. This would then look forward towards having better balance in game.
- Stasis needs to stop going through walls..
These are just the updates and fixes that we have targeted towards improving WoE
We also have about 20-30 other Quality of Life improvements that we are is fighting for that in general should be make the game far more enjoyable or at the very least less frustrating (Looking at you... homunculous, enchanting, vending, DoT Skills, Traps, expanded classes, guild storage, Training Dummy etc)
Sadly such a host of updates take time but we are working on getting kRO to take player/our ideas and improve the game.
All four points are great and would be a good step. But on top of this, a HUGE HUGE portion is to do with WoE incentives which entice competition. When kRO changed how castle drops, castle functions worked. I knew this would kill competition because it killed goals, and it did and we see that today.
I also don't believe that lag is caused by skill effects. FPS maybe drop, but back when I WoE'd on valk server, there used to be ~140-160 people in a castle, 200+ in a realm, and there was no lag. On the other hand, it's impossible to play with over 100 people in a castle on Chaos.
I want to know if these are feasible and can be implemented within the next 3-6 months. I'm sure some can be done on your side, while some - guild size limitation, etc can only be done through kRO. But I think the server and community would like to see this requested and in the future implemented.
(In the original post)
Lag: Change Nid Zone server to its own.
1. WoE Point Supply Boxes drop at a fixed rate; 1 WPS Token Box per Treasure Box.
2. 5-10 WoE White/Violet/Blue Boxes per Treasure Box.
3. Remove Ori, Elu Old Blue Boxes, and replace it with x3 Battle Manuals, HE Gums, WoE Gear (WoE Suit, Plate, Robe, Mant, Muffler, Shoes, Boots, Greaves).
4. Increase God Piece Drop Rate.
Increase competition -
1. Revert the WOE system to pre-2012, but with still 4 castles. Have one castle in the realm drop two types of God Pieces instead. This will give guilds castle goals again.
2. Then give monthly RENTAL rewards for things like longest hold and most end forts. The rewards can be something like; special treasure spawn access (5-10 extra boxes per week), or a 30 day god item - perhaps the Upgraded WoE TE Gods (Hervor Altir/Jormungand).
3. Restrict alliances to 1, and decrease guild cap to 40 so that there can be more guilds formed with the current number of WoEr. NAPs will always happen and cannot be avoided, but this re-distributes the players in the WoE scene.
I know I'm one person trying to speak for the whole WoE community. I also don't know if everyone agrees with the changes, but these ideas and proposals have been bought up by many people in the past whom I have no WoE affiliations with, so I believe implementing these things, if possible, would really improve the WoE scene as a whole.
Edited by KamiKali, 12 November 2015 - 10:34 AM.