Revitalizing Chaos WoE Scene | Needs Drastic Changes & CM Aid - Page 11 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Revitalizing Chaos WoE Scene | Needs Drastic Changes & CM Aid

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
407 replies to this topic

#251 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:47 PM

Never understood why people like woe

#252 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:54 PM

I don't think Vmod was threatening at all. ._.; She's making a suggestion and asking you quite politely.

#253 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:57 PM

Are you threatening me?

The topic is right on track and I already brought it to the GM.

It's easy to close your eyes on important matters like the abuses I've been referring to earlier.

It's part of every WoE and a lot of people feels that way too, having to compete each WoE against the odds is depressing so guilds either quit or merge into stronger guilds.

I apologize if you feel that way but in no means I was threatening you. That issue with the volunteer as you mentioned is no less important that what's being discussed here but it's on another higher level that requires attention through the proper channels. In addition it has been stated in a locked topic what's the deal with it.

If the CMs decide to post a public statement regarding that matter in question and patch things up then it will happen, but for now kindly keep that away from here.

#254 heinrichxxiii

heinrichxxiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • LocationSinergia Guild
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:26 PM

I lead a WoE guild with 30-40 members and belong to an alliance with 2 more guilds....limit the size and the alliances because you dont work or dont want to work hard enough to get the same is not the reason why people dont attend to WoE like the old days. We started WoE with 8 people as Asgard Kingdom guild and no allies....the WoE scenario had bigger guilds that with only 1 party could take our forts any moment....knowing that there were bigger guilds and alliances did not discourage me and my leader to quit WoE. We did as I said before, recruit people from lvl 1 (sometimes inviting them from other servers or games before they even started playing here)...we encourage our members to play WoE and do more things that are part of our guild strategy....those thinkgs are not the reason people dont join WoE....you all are ...if GM modify this to please you, they will validate to have less people joining for WoE...my guild has a few goals...one that I can mention is to keep growing, because we did not come from your server with several god pieces or mvp cards, we have been working on that and finally we are getting some. Two years working hard are paying results, maybe we are not the best guild...but  you never see us complaining because there are bigger or stronger guilds/alliances. I wont quit WoE because I cant be competitive and will not as GM to do that. Smaller guilds are doing WoE to get end forts, they dont come to battle or desire to get into the future to battle bigger guilds. I know one guild that has the same size since I started playing woe 5 years ago....and it is not because of the size of the enemy guilds.

There are not enough players hunting mvp's to get the cards that could be useful for WoE, there is not promotion to join WoE on the side of guildleaders and warpportal ...WoE TE was a good attempt but the hour is bad. The guildleaders does not  work hard enough to improve their numbers, maybe they centralize their leadership and cant do it alone (I dont know that). The castles drops with the random God item box made pointless to try to fight for a castle that could help any guild to assemble their god items. 

#255 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

Never understood why people like woe

fun time for people to get together for a few hours plus it used a good way to farm gears or make money from gears not sure about now

people take woe really seriously on iro though so idk how fun it is now =/

#256 xnatsumark

xnatsumark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Server:Thor pRO Server

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:37 PM

Come on THOR and we will give you action packed WOE, we Promise :p_love:

Cheat all you want or Edit all you want, it doesn't matter.

We don't get boring for 10 years of WOE in pRO, i dunno guys why some of you get bored. :p_sad:

If you really want to Siege with all your might, come get us on Thor.

We will welcome Chaos Players.

#257 louisn1234

louisn1234

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:24 PM

Come on THOR and we will give you action packed WOE, we Promise :p_love:

Cheat all you want or Edit all you want, it doesn't matter.

We don't get boring for 10 years of WOE in pRO, i dunno guys why some of you get bored. :p_sad:

If you really want to Siege with all your might, come get us on Thor.

We will welcome Chaos Players.

all those +15 kvms  :heh:

no thanks :D

#258 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:31 AM

You all can come to Chaos as well, that would work on one of the problems we have, WoE population.

#259 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:05 AM

Thor is not coming to Chaos: Too many Gods and MvPs

Chaos is not coming to Thor: +15 KVMs

Normal players in both servers: Screw this I will just PvM because WoE is -_-  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#260 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:25 AM

I started playing RO when I was in my early twenties. I sieged twice a week for 6 years. I loved it, and I miss it. 

The only reason I stopped is because as my RL responsibilities increased, my time to play decreased. This was reflected in basically my entire guild; I don't think anyone from Ordinatio Wasa still plays. They all have kids and careers now.  

The bottom line is that to have people willing to siege, you have to have players with the time to do so, and you are generally not going to recruit those out of the veterans in their late twenties and early thirties. The question should be not how we can alter WoE to increase attendance (though it probably deserves an update), it's how can we engage newer, younger, more flexible players and get them into the guild spirit.

We, as a playerbase, should be busting our asses to make these folks want to stay. 

#261 jebjebMANGTAS

jebjebMANGTAS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • Server:Chaos / Thor

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

How about make a PVP room that connects  Chaos and thor . HAHHAHAH 

and block the drop and deal 

#262 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:37 PM

So one side says +15 kvm is use less and not worth the upgrade. And now I see people are afraid to fight against +15 kvm weapons wot.

#263 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:40 PM

+15 kvm alone is not that dangeours.

#264 jebjebMANGTAS

jebjebMANGTAS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

+15 kvm is not that scary. TGK, THANA , GTB is way way more scary 

#265 jebjebMANGTAS

jebjebMANGTAS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:44 PM

#1 example that you dont need +15 KVM is this Ranger 

PS: i know on ranger you dont need kvm but just watch :)

10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember the Name

Edited by jebjebMANGTAS, 25 November 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#266 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:46 PM

+15 kvm is not that scary. TGK, THANA , GTB is way way more scary 

whats TGK

#1 example that you dont need +15 KVM is this Ranger 

10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Pain, and 100% Reason to Remember the Name

Im going to call Fort myers to Sue you for blatant use of improper lyrics ^.^

#267 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:47 PM

+15 kvm alone is not that dangeours.

Cause you don't think they have other things too...?  :hmm:

#268 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:49 PM

Not as much "other things" as Chaos.

But lets stop derailing

#269 jebjebMANGTAS

jebjebMANGTAS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:53 PM

whats TGK

Im going to call Fort myers to Sue you for blatant use of improper lyrics ^.^

TGK is TAO GUNKA CARD

#270 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:55 PM

TGK is TAO GUNKA CARD

shouldnt it be TGC   Tao Gunka Card? LOL

#271 jebjebMANGTAS

jebjebMANGTAS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:56 PM

shouldnt it be TGC   Tao Gunka Card? LOL

we called it TGK in PRO . Tao Gun KA hahahahahaha

#272 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:01 AM

Combining the suggestions so far including my OP, please can Oda or Camp tell us what can be done in house and what can be done via kRO.

1. One zone only for Nidhoggur Realm to address lag in this realm.

Increase incentives - It would be great to have:

1. WoE Point Supply Boxes drop at a fixed rate; 1 WPS Token Box per Treasure Box. (Similar to WoE TE)

2. 5-10 WoE White/Violet/Blue Boxes per Treasure Box.

3. Remove Ori, Elu Old Blue Boxes, and replace it with WoE Gear (WoE Suit, Plate, Robe, Mant, Muffler, Shoes, Boots, Greaves) and other things such as Gold, +20 food pack materials

4. Increase God Piece Drop Rate.

5. Cheap / free White and Slims - use something like Nerfed WoE White Potions 5% per heal and Nerfed WoE blue Potions - 5% per SP. While people can still pay for WoE Whites and blues.

Increase competition -

1. Revert the WOE system to pre-2012, but with still 4 castles. Have one castle in the realm drop two types of God Pieces instead. This will give guilds castle goals again.

2. Then give monthly RENTAL rewards for things like longest hold and most end forts. The rewards can be something like; special treasure spawn access (5-10 extra boxes per week), or a 30 day god item - perhaps the Upgraded WoE TE Gods (Hervor Altir/Jormungand).

3. Restrict alliances to 1, and decrease guild cap to 40 so that there can be more guilds formed with the current number of WoEr. NAPs will always happen and cannot be avoided, but this re-distributes the players in the WoE scene.

4. Official Ranked Guild system - points for consecutively defendingcastles and for breaking castles a econ'd castle. Reward periodically.

Cheating

1. Create a standardized strike system that is unwaivering, yet slightly forgiving - 2 week ban for 1st time cheating, 1 month for 2nd time cheating, permaban for 3rd time cheating. Also, by cheating I do not mean botting. I mean WoE related cheating only. And all forms of cheating would fall into the same category. No form of cheating is "less bad" than the next would make the punishment system a lot more clear and fair.

2. More GM monitoring WoE and having the producers/CMs be more educated on what is going on.

3. Shadow Chasers are one of the classes most accused of having "automasq" You can achieve this by using macros that bind multiple masqs together, or you can do it through cheating. Whether it is manual or not, to completely shut down 5 people in seconds is still pretty overpowered. S3ndo proposed giving the masqs a small delay so that it's not spammable. I think this would be a good thing to combat this.

4. Be more specific and strict on what edits are allowed (or just not allow edits at all -_-)

Edited by KamiKali, 29 November 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#273 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:43 PM

remove mvp cards for the lulz

#274 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:16 PM

<snip>

VModCinnamon:

Do you really want to go on a vacation?

Edited by VModCinnamon, 29 November 2015 - 01:36 PM.
Removed post.

#275 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:28 PM

u want ?

Edited by KamiKali, 29 November 2015 - 01:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users