Happy 10th Anniversary Roserians! - Page 4 - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Happy 10th Anniversary Roserians!

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#76 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:42 AM

Selmaaa I was right there with you, averaging 10-15 an hour at a very nice kill rate to boot. I did much better yesterday, I may have got as many as 50 in 1 hour. However I tried going somewhere different, using a different char, and technique. Keep trying things, and locations perhaps. 

#77 Selmaaa

Selmaaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:32 AM

hmm but if it requires a high lvl on lower lvl map and certain spot for getting that many then things should defenitly change. :S High lvl = faster kills = faster clear of map = gets fast crowded = slows down process in long run, cuz all it takes is 3-4 high lvls on lower lvl map to keep it clean from mobs :S

#78 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:17 AM

Okay everyone, I can see that there are still issues with the duckies being obtained. We'll be taking a look in to adjusting the rates again to make it more enjoyable to obtain because, yes, we did set a high goal for you all to obtain. To be perfectly honest, we didn't expect this big of a participation response from the community all at once!

So, what will be changing with our next server restart:

• We'll be increasing the current method of drop rates to almost double their current rate.
  • Additionally, we'll be making drop bonuses have an impact as well. (Most events do not run off the drop system, so this will be new to see how it unfolds.)
    So the following bonuses will impact duckie drop rates:
    • Extra Drop Chance
    • Epic Item Drop Rate

#79 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:25 AM

Okay everyone, I can see that there are still issues with the duckies being obtained. We'll be taking a look in to adjusting the rates again to make it more enjoyable to obtain because, yes, we did set a high goal for you all to obtain. To be perfectly honest, we didn't expect this big of a participation response from the community all at once!

• We'll be increasing the current method of drop rates to almost double their current rate.
  • Additionally, we'll be making drop bonuses have an impact as well. (Most events do not run off the drop system, so this will be new to see how it unfolds.)
    • Extra Drop Chance
    • Epic Item Drop Rate

That's great! Thanks, Leo!!

#80 Selmaaa

Selmaaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:25 AM

• Extra Drop Chance
    • Epic Item Drop Rate

Thank you!!!!

and yea seems like everyone is up for doing this event, seems also alot people that quit rose came back just for this event!

#81 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

• Extra Drop Chance
    • Epic Item Drop Rate

I'm averaging 90 an hour Leo.

The rates are fine, I think people just haven't figured out better methods!

- However, it's so densely populated, and many cannot kill at the rate I do nor know where I do. I can understand the change. 

Edited by jagz, 07 December 2015 - 01:22 PM.

#82 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:25 PM

- However, it's so densely populated, and many cannot kill at the rate I do nor know where I do. I can understand the change. 

Even looking at the rates players report, as well as what are actually being obtained, it's a bit on the lower end of expectations. I know the event runs for 30 days, but I don't want it to take that long to do everything. Yes, we wanted a decent investment and effort to go in to it, but the effort and reward should feel comparable and rewarding, even I feel like it's a bit more effort than it should be for what rewards await me.

So, a bump up with next server restart, and we'll see how it changes things.

#83 Hellowarz

Hellowarz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:25 PM

Lol thank you. Because we need to get some people to complete this and stop farming it so that others have a chance :P

#84 Selmaaa

Selmaaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:32 PM

I think thats very selfish of you. Just becose you found some secret way of farming them they shouldnt change, what about rest of community ?

Imagine if everyone was farming at spot u were and killing the same speed u were then ur 90/h would be lowered by tons!

its an event that should be enjoyable by everyone and fair to everyone in obtaining them, its not some mystery that we are supposed to solwe.
Most fair would be removing its droprate for high lvls so they cant go to low lvl map and grind there while low lvls and new players are trying both to lvl up and farm at same time!

Anyways, Ty Leo once again for increasing the rate on upcoming restart, it will be highly enjoyable  by everyone with duckys droping more then what they are doing now!

also once duckys droprate is increased finally those like jagz that found a secret way and are milking people for zulys will be lowered to yey for Rose economy =)

Edited by Selmaaa, 07 December 2015 - 03:35 PM.

#85 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:35 PM

Excuse me? I shot mobs and got 96 in an hour? MY GOODNESS SO SELFISH. Please leave your personal attacks and assumptions elsewhere.

#86 Selmaaa

Selmaaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:39 PM

Excuse me? I shot mobs and got 96 in an hour? MY GOODNESS SO SELFISH. Please leave your personal attacks and assumptions elsewhere.

its not an attack towards you, i m just saying just becose YOU personally get 90/h while rest struggle they should leave it as it is, doesnt that sound selfish to you?

#87 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:06 PM

Sounds like an opinion on a public forum. I'm glad they're changing it

#88 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:24 PM

its not an attack towards you, i m just saying just becose YOU personally get 90/h while rest struggle they should leave it as it is, doesnt that sound selfish to you?

Please let me LOL for a sec.

#89 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:25 PM

Despite being interested in it, I'm not going to do the event. Event's make me typically think of fun and gathering with friends for some light hearted mini games or something. Not mindlessly grinding for weeks to get the items. Hard pass, no thanks.

#90 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:37 PM

Happy 10th year anniversary Rose :) Ive been playing on/off for the past 10 years,but this year marks my first anniversary as an active player. Im not really interested im doing the quest tho, ive been so busy that i only want to play pvp's lately.

#91 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:31 PM

Despite being interested in it, I'm not going to do the event. Event's make me typically think of fun and gathering with friends for some light hearted mini games or something. Not mindlessly grinding for weeks to get the items. Hard pass, no thanks.

Well the event quest i did with help from my friends and it made it a lot more fun. So it depend how you look at it xD

#92 Necromancer27

Necromancer27

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationCocito

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:30 PM

As i said, the problem is maybe not the drop rate, is that you can only farm those ducks at Birth island....

Why dont you try to open them to more maps and even at dungeons??...if the goal of the event is to make us enjoy it and invest time to obtain the rewards, i dont know another thing than playing (lvling, running dungeon...even farming those ducks on spots around your lvl with some friends....)....rather than compete against a lot of ppl in just one laggy spot...where chars with better equipment (like aspd on gun bourgs or stat buffers...) have a significant advantage against newbies......

Edited by Necromancer27, 08 December 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#93 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:16 PM

Any idea when the restart will be?

#94 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:17 PM

As i said, the problem is maybe not the drop rate, is that you can only farm those ducks at Birth island....

Why dont you try to open them to more maps and even at dungeons??...if the goal of the event is to make us enjoy it and invest time to obtain the rewards, i dont know another thing than playing (lvling, running dungeon...even farming those ducks on spots around your lvl with some friends....)....rather than compete against a lot of ppl in just one laggy spot...where chars with better equipment (like aspd on gun bourgs or stat buffers...) have a significant advantage against newbies......

then people will using auto bot everywhere to farm it .... without people notice ...

i saw like 10 party botter in a day in birth island .... every single day

so i do not agree with that brilliance idea of yours 

#95 Necromancer27

Necromancer27

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationCocito

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:15 PM

then people will using auto bot everywhere to farm it .... without people notice ...

i saw like 10 party botter in a day in birth island .... every single day

so i do not agree with that brilliance idea of yours 

What about dungeons??....

My point is that if this is event is about fun, then it should not be a competition against each other, with some having advantage with better equipment and stat buffers.....the Birth Island should be only for the quest, and the ducks at dungeons (even in open maps, I guess GMs know where are the common places to bot, so a dailly check on those spots would solve bot problem....)

Any brilliance idea you have to encourage more ppl to do quest and farm duckies?

#96 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:41 AM

A bit late, but still : Happy 10th birthday ROSE!

#97 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:13 AM

I went and got the costume because I wanted that and it wasn't to hard to get.

But considering I don't have much time to play lately I still find 90 per hour somewhat on the low side and personaly I think the drop rate should be way way higher for the 1 time event so more close to 150-200 per hour because U would need all 750 duckys to collect every 2nd prize and that would be just for one charather so....

What he said

#98 Selmaaa

Selmaaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:33 AM

I went and got the costume because I wanted that and it wasn't to hard to get.

But considering I don't have much time to play lately I still find 90 per hour somewhat on the low side and personaly I think the drop rate should be way way higher for the 1 time event so more close to 150-200 per hour because U would need all 750 duckys to collect every 2nd prize and that would be just for one charather so....

What he said

I still dont get it how you get 90/h ??? here i struggle with max 15 / h if i m lucky :X someone tell me what i m doing wrong , i actually got bored these days farming them, just waiting for Server Restart so they can increase droprate so doing this event can be fun as it is supposed to be, not annoying!

#99 Necromancer27

Necromancer27

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationCocito

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:29 PM

I still dont get it how you get 90/h ??? here i struggle with max 15 / h if i m lucky :X someone tell me what i m doing wrong , i actually got bored these days farming them, just waiting for Server Restart so they can increase droprate so doing this event can be fun as it is supposed to be, not annoying!

+1

#100 Bourbon

Bourbon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

I'm stuck at the 2nd part of the Rubber Duckin' quest. I can't get any stale mana jam with my 230 champ. Does that mean I can only complete the quest w/ low lvl characters?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users