12-16-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread and WoE Report - Page 7 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12-16-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread and WoE Report

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#151 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

You should get on teamspeak, you're missing some pure gold.

exam in 1hr, got bigger fish to fry( and cry ).

#152 zeige

zeige

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

it is very ridiculous that u guys keep biting each other in this arround 500 online sever(counts bots venders and a-_-). u are not the policeman.are u gonna play with the air when everything u don't like was banned?

no fish can survive if the water is too clean. for the same reason,u guys are too critical.I've never heard a sever get as many rules as we did.we should not demand absolute purity.

ragnarok is an old game especially 1.0 sever.dont expect there will be many new comers.almost all classic guys are old ragnarok players.we have good knowledge on this game.we know everything such as client edit package rule.... emm thats why there are many bots and cheats.well,those are still not the point of this sever.

as i know,there is no any pro farming bot group in this sever already.they lose interst in this sever.it is hard to sell their zeny.actually,for the same reason,many high end players quit or dont wanna play this game. they cant sell out their legit items because of the low population and rmt ban.

for me,i start to play ro when i was a child.now i have my job my own family but there is not that much time for me to play a game.i am willing to pay several hundred $ a month in order to enjoy this game.i think many peoples have the same situation with me.we are the real wpe buyer.we can buy items via real money.rmt should be the motivation for many players to stay here and push the game toward a positive circle.

for example,wpe trading is a kind of rmt.it benefit all players.we cant ban it. demand determines market. so why why not just follow the market and set it free?

#153 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:16 AM

giphy.gif

Edited by Necrohealiac, 17 December 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#154 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:46 AM

it is very ridiculous that u guys keep biting each other in this arround 500 online sever(counts bots venders and a-_-). u are not the policeman.are u gonna play with the air when everything u don't like was banned?

no fish can survive if the water is too clean. for the same reason,u guys are too critical.I've never heard a sever get as many rules as we did.we should not demand absolute purity.

ragnarok is an old game especially 1.0 sever.dont expect there will be many new comers.almost all classic guys are old ragnarok players.we have good knowledge on this game.we know everything such as client edit package rule.... emm thats why there are many bots and cheats.well,those are still not the point of this sever.

as i know,there is no any pro farming bot group in this sever already.they lose interst in this sever.it is hard to sell their zeny.actually,for the same reason,many high end players quit or dont wanna play this game. they cant sell out their legit items because of the low population and rmt ban.

for me,i start to play ro when i was a child.now i have my job my own family but there is not that much time for me to play a game.i am willing to pay several hundred $ a month in order to enjoy this game.i think many peoples have the same situation with me.we are the real wpe buyer.we can buy items via real money.rmt should be the motivation for many players to stay here and push the game toward a positive circle.

for example,wpe trading is a kind of rmt.it benefit all players.we cant ban it. demand determines market. so why why not just follow the market and set it free?

I don't think RMT benefits all. 

I understand the whole not having that much time to devote to the game due to responsibilities (most of my guild mates have full time jobs and significant others, so it's a bit unreasonable to expect them to be able to devote a lot of time at once to the game compared to when they were much younger), but still... I don't think that should be used as justification to legalize RMTing. 

#155 wasabho

wasabho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:02 PM

zeige, I am too a working professional/family man finding time to play whenever I can cuz i grew up on this game and missed it too much. But RMT benefit is bull-_- (I don't deny that it does suck sometimes). You have family duties and other responsibilities. Perhaps working on your career or wutever. This is the opportunity cost of not being on the game long enough to stay competitive. Expecting to stay competitive when you put in fraction of the time other guys do is straight up ridiculous. I am sure there were times when you were playing this game 12 hours a day in your college years when you were able to steamroll 30+ year old professionals. It's just what happens man. Nothing you can do about it.

#156 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:05 PM

RMT between players is not such a big deal, but it does hurt the ingame market - and with that comes a degradation of game play. Less active people in game, less socializing, less community, less fun, less play. RO becomes a trading card game style of play.

RMT from the websites, adds items to the game that should not exist. It is harmful. End.

#157 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:23 PM

sooooo flooding the market with duped MVP cards sold on websites should be allowed now?

Okay.

Cinnamod, unmask this guy like the old school scoobydoo gang please.

#158 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:47 PM

"no fish can survive if the water is too clean...we should not demand absolute purity"

-zeige, 2015

#159 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:00 PM

He's not wrong, you are supposed to season your tank filters to grow bacteria before adding fish. For about 6 weeks in many cases.

- my mother

#160 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:40 PM

it is very ridiculous that u guys keep biting each other in this arround 500 online sever(counts bots venders and afkers). u are not the policeman.are u gonna play with the air when everything u don't like was banned?

Hey there, guy with one novice character connected to this email. How's it going?

#161 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:34 PM

I know just saying "please fix the lag" doesn't really accomplish much since it's not quite that simple but...

Ever since the server move (which I know was to reduce costs), latency has just been atrocious. I've been jumping around all over the place, with time intervals between clicks and actions of 1 second or more. A lot of key presses are just disappearing into the air too.

I'd like to see you guys actually take this to heart and do something about it. I'd just like to repeat from an earlier post that it is THE number one reason why people don't stick around Classic.

CEgBxip.jpg

Number two is the fact that most players can't actually connect to the server with the Classic client as-packaged with the installer because it keeps erroring out.

Spotlights and events don't mean a whole lot when your players can't even start the game, or play without lagging half to death (often fully to death hello AL3 mobbing).

But hey Event WoEs. Cash Shop boxes. Sinking time into the investigation and suspension of someone who changed their guild's emblem. Good to see your priorities are well-placed.

#162 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:38 PM

to be fair they didn't bother investigating :p_swt:

#163 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

If they did a proper rmt check some of you that think your -_- don't stink would get banned... I'd like to see a GTB check. How many exist to how many have dropped. That would be fun.

"Dropped" may not be as legit as you think.

Spoiler

Sorry for not being up to date on my leet hax, but this was fixed before Classic launched, right?

#164 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:34 PM

that's a severe roach infestation

#165 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:35 PM

it doesn't work on Classic last time I checked. I could go test it now if you like :)

#166 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:55 PM

could we get an npc that stacks the amp scrolls please? =D

#167 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:23 PM

i think the one south of west kafra does, paul.

#168 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:11 PM

it doesn't stack the newer version of the amp scrolls =(

#169 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

Give it to me. I'll stack it for u /gg

#170 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:23 PM

it doesn't stack the newer version of the amp scrolls =(

I can vouch for this.

But why not just vend them or place them in storage normally though? Unless you bought some obscenely exorbitant number of them in which case I think you may need a financial planner instead of a stacker, since the rate on amps wasn't that high ;o

#171 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:30 PM

I can vouch for this.

But why not just vend them or place them in storage normally though? Unless you bought some obscenely exorbitant number of them in which case I think you may need a financial planner instead of a stacker, since the rate on amps wasn't that high ;o

I have almost 3k and I'm keeping them for scholar =/
It would be very convenient if it is stackable that's all

#172 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:31 PM

That... is a lot.

I'd also like to see them stackable. Just couldn't help taking a jab at ya ;p

#173 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:32 PM

That... is a lot.

I'd also like to see them stackable. Just couldn't help taking a jab at ya ;p

Yeah, I figured

#174 zeige

zeige

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:37 PM

it's a fixed bug and it doesn't work now. use mercenary to sec kill all monsters remain this floor. u will see "all monsters in xx level have been defeat." *n times. there will be n times monsters spawn in next floor include mvps.

gameguard system is the only way to solve the packet bot issue.random packet of login side will disable most of packet bot login.yah,there is not only packet bot exist.<snip dark AHK stuff>

our lovely sever just need more money to do so and improve its hard defending to prevent duper from trying to attack the sever.so let's buy more WPE :D

VModCinnamon:

Thanks for the information but we can't have this publicly posted here.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 17 December 2015 - 06:48 PM.
Removed.

#175 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:26 PM

ok I don't think everyone needs to know that stuff tho ^