12-16-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread and WoE Report - Page 5 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12-16-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread and WoE Report

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#101 Synapsse

Synapsse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:01 PM

In that respect you shouldn't be able to edit the map either, probably brings more to the table than a trap sprite.  Why allow one and not the other? That I don't agree with. 

I think maybe a slap on the wrist would cover this issue, not like he's changing the world by having edited ankle snare sprites. His targets are same size, the traps are also the same size, and nobody is a giant monster on his screen. :) No issues imo.

Slap on the wrist. A simple, "hey, don't ever use that again." is fine. If he was using nodelay or something along those lines, sure. But this is a trap sprite.

I dunno how long the ban is, but I think a temp ban would suffice for this. Gives him enough time to download and install a clean client and go about his business until he can come back to the game. 

#102 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

In that respect you shouldn't be able to edit the map either, probably brings more to the table than a trap sprite.  Why allow one and not the other? That I don't agree with. 

I think maybe a slap on the wrist would cover this issue, not like he's changing the world by having edited ankle snare sprites. His targets are same size, the traps are also the same size, and nobody is a giant monster on his screen. :) No issues imo.

Slap on the wrist. A simple, "hey, don't ever use that again." is fine. If he was using nodelay or something along those lines, sure. But this is a trap sprite.

I dunno how long the ban is, but I think a temp ban would suffice for this. Gives him enough time to download and install a clean client and go about his business until he can come back to the game. 

blablabla how is this different from status ailments

#103 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:06 PM

Also, it was pretty expressly stated not to push the envelope on grf edits as well IIRC, but you know the usual I'm used to ignoring what the staff say and doing what I want and getting away with it that's so prevalent around here. Editing traps to make them easier to see and avoid walking over them is trying to give yourself a gameplay advantage, even if it's a small one.

You could kinda make similar arguments and try to say titan character sprites are ok. It's only on your screen/only affects the user, you can already see them and target them anyway it just makes it easier so it's QoL, etc.

Or status ailments like xellie said.

That being said my opinion is also that gray world is kinda BS but whatev.

Edited by rojoky113, 16 December 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#104 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:08 PM

"omg my friend broke the explicitly outlined rules we need to change the entire system to cater to him even though there's already an excessive amount of leeway provided to interpretation of legitimacy in client edits and he knew not to do it because - once again - what is and is not allowed is very clearly outlined by the production manager and listed publicly waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

Also lol not first offence.

Sooooo GTB check? I promise you once that is done the server would be cancer free.

Something like that.

Not quite the way you put it though. In addition to GTBs, the team still needs to check GRs, DRs, OHs, FBHs, SS' and Taos before the server will be truly rid of its "cancer".

Well, maybe not entirely rid of it.

Unrelated, but when are you guys moving over to DoM?

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 16 December 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#105 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:10 PM

You mean start banning for harassment before the server is "rid of cancer"

#106 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:12 PM

Also, it was pretty expressly stated not to push the envelope on grf edits as well IIRC, but you know the usual I'm used to ignoring what the staff say and doing what I want and getting away with it that's so prevalent around here. Editing traps to make them easier to see and avoid walking over them is trying to give yourself a gameplay advantage, even if it's a small one.

You could kinda make similar arguments and try to say titan character sprites are ok. It's only on your screen/only affects the user, you can already see them and target them anyway it just makes it easier so it's QoL, etc.

Or status ailments like xellie said.

That being said my opinion is also that gray world is kinda BS but whatev.

he probably brought it up because rcx allows the same thing with trap based skills only in pure colour format

#107 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:12 PM

Novel concept I know but instead of doing as you please and crying every time you get in trouble, you could take some personal responsibility for your actions and adjust your behavior and attitude. It does seem pretty silly to get banned for grf editing over something like trap sprites, soo how about not messing around with the grf as you please according to your own decisions about what should and shouldn't be allowed and just stay within what's been explicitly allowed?

he probably brought it up because rcx allows the same thing with trap based skills only in pure colour format

If RCX is the exact same why not use RCX, since that has been greenlighted?

Edited by rojoky113, 16 December 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#108 Synapsse

Synapsse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:13 PM

I think having an entirely gray, tile-based map is more beneficial than a sprite edit on an ankle snare.  

1) he can (probably) see them anyways

2) chances are it's a downloaded edit that he didn't check before woe

3) even if you walk over them as a sniper it's not like you won't notice and be unable to remove/spring them. 

with gray map you can see everything that's happening on the screen without having to look hard for something, especially if you use RCX.

really if an ankle snare sprite is an issue remove access to all of these edits we've decided to allow in the past few months.

play the game raw scrubs. 

Any QoL is gonna give you a gameplay advantage. or at the least not give you an seizure while playing WoE. i think light sprite edits are okay, SG/Meteor/LoV changes, for example, to make them not so huge and bright, yet still clearly showing where the skill is falling.  Something like this I view as okay. Red, highly visible traps, that are the same size as the trap itself? Maybe not so much, but it really falls under QoL, same as the magic sprite changes I just mentioned. 

Gray world is basically the same as this change, even though it's simply a map edit. 

What zleep said also, RCX offers the same effect for the most part.

Edited by Synapsse, 16 December 2015 - 03:16 PM.

#109 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:14 PM

The punishments are harsh because the door has been opened of certain things being able to be done and not be done. I agree with milder punishments, has the offender been banned for editing something in the past?

#110 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:15 PM

Novel concept I know but instead of doing as you please and crying every time you get in trouble, you could take some personal responsibility for your actions and adjust your behavior and attitude. It does seem pretty silly to get banned for grf editing over something like trap sprites, soo how about not messing around with the grf as you please according to your own decisions about what should and shouldn't be allowed and just stay within what's been explicitly allowed?

If RCX is the exact same why not use RCX, since that has been greenlighted?

Or don't push the envelope when you've been trolling the GMs? Like call me crazy but I don't think messing with the authorities is a good idea if you don't want to get banned

I remember when it didn't matter what the offense was, once you crossed a line with so many suspensions, you were done anyway.

Edited by Xellie, 16 December 2015 - 03:16 PM.

#111 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:16 PM

There was more obvious behavior nobody seemed to notice

#112 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

play the game raw scrubs.

Holy jfc that coming from the leader of SGN?

#113 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

It does seem pretty silly to get banned for grf editing over something like trap sprites

Exactly why the ban shouldn't be permanent.

#114 Synapsse

Synapsse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:18 PM

i play the game raw. no rcx or anything lol thanks for bringing that up tho

#115 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:20 PM

Please direct all inquiries in regards to any suspensions to the GM team at https://support.warpportal.com

#116 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:21 PM

Sooooo GTB check? I promise you once that is done the server would be cancer free.

Pls. Rid the RMT'ers. Whole lot worse than grfs/ap/ndl imo

#117 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:22 PM

Awaiting the yet another new resolution that the user has been released due to <reasons>.  Plot so predictable. 

Please at least update the 1st post in the client edits thread - explicitly state what are allowed and what are not.  So that arguments like this one, which a player "thought it would be okay cos not really changing the world" could be avoided. 

It's also sad that harassment cases are easily thrown into oblivion just because, well idk.

#118 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:22 PM

but the green lines mark....

also name of songs

oh ya that post by oda where it be?

Edited by needmorezleep, 16 December 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#119 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:25 PM

Or

Novel concept I know but instead of doing as you please and crying every time you get in trouble, you could take some personal responsibility for your actions and adjust your behavior and attitude. Soo how about not messing around with the grf as you please according to your own decisions about what should and shouldn't be allowed and just stay within what's been explicitly allowed?

Seems like there might be a correlation between not doing this and the users long history of ignoring his forum ban or engaging in repeated harassment of other players despite warning after warning not to. Something which probably contributed to the severity of his ban. There is 100% a difference between someone with a clean record doing this and someone who has repeatedly shown disregard for the rules doing this. Leniency is a privilege of discretion, not a right.

If you want something allowed, ask about it beforehand. Don't use it until you get caught then try and excuse your way out of it.

Edited by rojoky113, 16 December 2015 - 03:27 PM.

#120 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:26 PM

Pls. Rid the RMT'ers. Whole lot worse than grfs/ap/ndl imo

Endless tower how does it work

This message bought to you by Valhalla (sponsored by Yumi and Kevin)

#121 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:27 PM

I never said anything about you playing the game illegitmiately did I? I was more talking about what you turn a blind eye to in your guild.

But if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that b***h up and wear it.

#122 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:31 PM

10 11 2015 SGN VOD cut. mp4

#123 Synapsse

Synapsse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUSA

I have a feeling he didn't know about it :) but I agree, if you want something you should ask first. 

I don't think anyone is making excuses here. just silly stuff  anyway done arguing, you people are sill

#124 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Server:Chaos

"Offense1: GRF Editing, This user edited their GRF to replace trap sprites with a white box outlined in red.  " 

how is this anything other than a QoL that we've apparently allowed? This simply shows the traps, for the user, playing a sniper. He placed those snares and it prevents him from walking back into them. If a flat gray map and all that other nonsense is allowed, this should fall under it and I really don't see it being an issue .It's client side (much like everything else that is apparently allowed) and effects nobody but the user. 

argument: you can see the traps anyways, only traps i am seeing are ankle snares(it keeps the shape, and shows a red x in the middle as if to say, don't walk here) if you can  add all of that other stuff  to your client, why not this?

It's JUST editing traps, what's next? It's JUST seeing cloaked units, it's simply a QOL edit that's all. It's JUST no delay, it's JUST autopot, no big deals. Anything can be trivialized which is what is being done here. It's not simply just seeing traps as if you go off screen and come back you can't always see them. So basically he's using a mini maya purple hack except its on traps and not people. Traps are not always visible and it does create a advantage. But what does anyone know? It's JUST cheating.

#125 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:33 PM

It's just swapping the emblem to a different color.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users