Intelligent discussion about raiders - Page 6 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Intelligent discussion about raiders

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#126 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:50 AM

no, its not that, its because I know for a fact that a raider with even selfbuffs can take out or have a fair chance vs a scout with full buffs

That scout you are referring to is the kind of scout that when a raider is attacking him in cloak he just stands there till the cd of his decloak is done or till the raider's cloak is out. There is a thing called "kiting" melee type chars. With stun/m-spd down its easy to do it. ... Raider(self buffs) winning to a Scout with full buffs..

LOL.. that scout must really be crappy.

#127 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Location21º 18' N, 157º 51' W

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:53 AM

That scout you are referring to is the kind of scout that when a raider is attacking him in cloak he just stands there till the cd of his decloak is done or till the raider's cloak is out. There is a thing called "kiting" melee type chars. With stun/m-spd down its easy to do it. ... Raider(self buffs) winning to a Scout with full buffs..

LOL.. that scout must really be crappy.

how are u really gonna kite a raider... have you tried that before?.... tell me how that works with the new hp pot system now and cloak and stealth? also kiting does not work well due to how unaligned the rose client and server is

Edited by Irtofu, 30 December 2010 - 04:57 AM.

#128 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:00 AM

-.-, so you are suggesting adding more damage to the burn?lol...

If they are wearing alot of ap gear, yes do the math. It also suggests giving longer cooldowns to them, and just straight up lowering burn damage doesn't really balance anything at all either. It makes them more useful in high level pvm also, and if there is ever a larger focus on lower level pvp they wont be as overpowered there.

EDIT: obviously that formula could be adjusted, it was just an example. And from what I take it, you claim the burns are overpowered because they do a set amount of damage regardless of stats; so my suggestion was to make it based off the attackers stats.

Edited by Phish, 30 December 2010 - 03:13 PM.

#129 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:11 AM

how are u really gonna kite a raider... have you tried that before?.... tell me how that works with the new hp pot system now and cloak and stealth? also kiting does not work well due to how unaligned the rose client and server is

.... Ive done it tons of times, its all tactics. I dont need to tell you step by step how to do it. :angry:

#130 pogiako

pogiako

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:16 PM

Raider is the main char's of the players who's not in favor of balancing the raider job. . .they always say champ should be balance but when it comes to raider job they dont want to balance it. . . For me all classes are balance it only depends on the gear,build and talent of the player for using there own character. . .

Edited by pogiako, 30 December 2010 - 07:16 PM.

#131 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

What should we balance in raiders other than the burn? nerf their dodge more? no wait, make them slower?. I would love to hear your side.

#132 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

Raider is the main char's of the players who's not in favor of balancing the raider job. . .they always say champ should be balance but when it comes to raider job they dont want to balance it. . . For me all classes are balance it only depends on the gear,build and talent of the player for using there own character. . .

lol I dont agree with all your point heres, but the part about not in favor about balancing the raider class due to the fact that most of the people against this plays their raider 99% of the time

#133 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

What should we balance in raiders other than the burn? nerf their dodge more? no wait, make them slower?. I would love to hear your side.

their cloak and stealth, the glitch with stealth and also the fact that you cant decloak raiders by npc, and also the acc vs dodge ratio needs to be fixed,doing half damage with 3.3k acc on a bad raider vs a character with all 15 gear is pretty unbalanced if you ask me

#134 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

their cloak and stealth, the glitch with stealth and also the fact that you cant decloak raiders by npc, and also the acc vs dodge ratio needs to be fixed,doing half damage with 3.3k acc on a bad raider vs a character with all 15 gear is pretty unbalanced if you ask me

Oh yah.. that sleath glitch.. I dont know what a cloak glitch is tho. About the dodge, If they nerf it then will be good as dead in 5 hits. Im not even exaggerating.

#135 None

None

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

devs need to lower dodge on raiders lol

#136 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

the topic say an inteligent discussion

#137 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

and no one was "asking" you.ive messed around with 3k- accuracy and i have messed around with 3.7 same goes with 2.7 the truth is 2.7 is even enough 3.7 is exaggerated if u miss on the raider its because he was using high dodge gear or the visual glitch (stacked damage) Span # 2. never wants to admit defeat

no they dont.

the topic say an inteligent discussion

true.

#138 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

The formual for hit rate is (or something very close to): .5 attackers acc/ defenders dodge + .02(attackers level - defenders level). Capping at 95%.

If you have equal acc to dodge you will hit 50% of the time, if you have 1.9x acc to dodge you will hit 95% of the time, if you have .5acc to dodge you will hit 25% of the time.

I don't see why raiders dodge would need to be lowered, it is their main survivability and if you cut it to much they will die too quick.

Edited by Phish, 04 January 2011 - 02:17 PM.

#139 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:23 PM

Lol they mad cause all the know about playing a char is increasing ap and m-spd
;3 sad..

#140 Blitzkrieg