January 7th Classic Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 7th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#51 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:30 AM

I like how Oda only replied to spotlight question and not the seal one. hint much ? if the seals are not reset this will confirm that GMs are supporting botting AND that they are nothing but bias to certain player groups. Anyways, good continuation on the server....

You are late to the party, it has already been confirmed they are on The Dark Side.

#52 XStorm

XStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:01 AM

You are late to the party, it has already been confirmed they are on The Dark Side.

Which makes no sense because it was pointed out that this deliberately punished one specific group of players in the sense that it heavily affects the balance of power on the server.

In the same vein the items that were disabled affected one group much more than the other and the staggered uptime/downtime of the two WOE castles appeared to be done to favor the alliance.

Not to mention the timely banning of certain guildleaders along with the re-emergence of the "WOE REPORT" topics seems to indicate there's a reason for their refusal to address how much the santa issue will affect the balance of power.

It should be considered a legitimate concern.

#53 b0neh34d

b0neh34d

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:04 AM

- make a really well edited video on youtube
- woe/pvm(newb-high end footage)/events/market
- server info (rates, new stuffs like asgard, etc etc etc)
- make a start-pack for players who watched the video: npc in prontera where players would add a code and get the pack (custom fencer, bm, pots, fly wing, red envelopes, 1 job change option or something like that -> of course they will all be no tradable.)
- too much work? make it as AN EVENT, players will make the video and the 3 best ones will get rewarded! And yes, some decent reward.

bRO used to have LOTS of video event contest and the rewards were really good.

I have tons of friends who get surprised when i send classic woe vids for them. Most people think this server is dead.

You guys have a HUGE power to spread these videos.

Make it asap! most people are on school break and would enjoy playing classic again. Start the contest this week, give the players 2-3 weeks to get it done and start to spread the vid in the end of jan/early feb.

AND PLEASE, CHANGE LASER EYES SPRITE! ITS SO UGLY =(((

Edited by VModCinnamon, 07 January 2016 - 08:30 AM.
Do not use red/bold font next time.

#54 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:57 AM

^this is not really a bad idea at all. Make it an event for fan-made videos, then you can advertise it as such as well so it doesn't have to be an "official" video, it can be "look at the winner of our ragnarok video competition!"

#55 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:00 AM

- make a really well edited video on youtube
- woe/pvm(newb-high end footage)/events/market
- server info (rates, new stuffs like asgard, etc etc etc)
- make a start-pack for players who watched the video: npc in prontera where players would add a code and get the pack (custom fencer, bm, pots, fly wing, red envelopes, 1 job change option or something like that -> of course they will all be no tradable.)
- too much work? make it as AN EVENT, players will make the video and the 3 best ones will get rewarded! And yes, some decent reward.

bRO used to have LOTS of video event contest and the rewards were really good.

I have tons of friends who get surprised when i send classic woe vids for them. Most people think this server is dead.

You guys have a HUGE power to spread these videos.

Make it asap! most people are on school break and would enjoy playing classic again. Start the contest this week, give the players 2-3 weeks to get it done and start to spread the vid in the end of jan/early feb.

AND PLEASE, CHANGE LASER EYES SPRITE! ITS SO UGLY =(((

Totally great idea. Facebook advertising? Lots of potential market out there. They did not know. Let them know. Please

Edited by VModCinnamon, 07 January 2016 - 08:30 AM.
Edited in quote

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:02 AM

https://forums.warpp...or-vip-updated/

#57 b0neh34d

b0neh34d

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:08 AM

well this is great and i didn't know about it.

but what i'm saying is something more like a teaser. 3-4 min max showing classic highlights.

I don't really think someone will want to join classic by watching guided videos of 10 min +. Actually i don't think someone would watch it if they are not already playing on the server.

#58 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:11 AM

I've been working on one, you mean like this?

I planned to add some ID3/AL3/ET/PVP/BG/WOE but eh you know, lost motivation because of the constant bashing by the community members (I mean ones who don't do anything) and a lack of gratitude/defense from Oda.

Edited by Xellie, 07 January 2016 - 07:14 AM.

#59 b0neh34d

b0neh34d

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:16 AM

yeah kinda like this

but as i said, it NEEDS to be really well edited, something that will make people want to watch it again and again.

we have to accept the fact that we won't bring players who never played RO. I think the focus here is to attract old players, players who are playing pservers, etc etc.

also, wtf is the Tiki Tuesday videos. I just checked it and it is almost 2 hours long. Why don't you open a topic where people send you questions every week and you make a 5-10 minutes video answering the best questions of the week?

#60 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:23 AM

Why don't you open a topic where people send you questions every week

sounds like a great idea!

#61 b0neh34d

b0neh34d

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:32 AM

some examples of cool videos:

Spoiler

#62 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:43 AM

Oh god, n0ne right in teh feelz ;-;. You know, bRO had a damn lot of problems... still have. But very few servers can grab you by Nostalgia as bRO does... I miss it ;-;.

If we can achieve that with a video of iRO Classic you can be damn sure players will return to RO and join us.

#63 b0neh34d

b0neh34d

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:51 AM

Oh god, n0ne right in teh feelz ;-;. You know, bRO had a damn lot of problems... still have. But very few servers can grab you by Nostalgia as bRO does... I miss it ;-;.

If we can achieve that with a video of iRO Classic you can be damn sure players will return to RO and join us.

hahaha lot of feels watching them.
btw, that's how you will bring players back. People have no idea how is classic right now because NO ONE talks about it.
And you want to make it epic? Make the pre trans woe everyone is asking for. How many guild quitted after we had trans? lots.
Silk/boots/manteau/etc would have value again, cards would have value again.

#64 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

seriously n0ne you need to do it.  We also need lots more non WoE videos.

Remember the champions championship? That actually peaked some interest in Classic too. We should run another!

I'm pretty sure a non-trans WoE is viable, I have some ideas on how it can happen to pass to campitor now that I think about it.

This is what I think:

There's a maptype that is rather odd floating around on a few maps only.

Pay_fild10, gef_fild14, xmas_fild01 are some examples. Tokens don't work there, I think icewall is disabled. Coincidentally they are the only maps where bloody branches work. (this will need to change if these maps are adjusted)

That could be used to free up a new maptype for item restrictions for a pre-trans pvp/woe type event map.

I think that by having a map where woe physics are enabled etc, then the guild system could be sort of emulated since the game can recognize who killed a mob, and their party/guild. (idk if that would make castle ownership a viable thing tho) If this didn't work, maybe a pre-trans BG type system that is open for 2 hours once a week?

Prize wouldn't necessarily need to be treasure either or run from the woe system. it could be as simple as access to a unique npc/dungeon.

Personally I'd like to see more maps that could function like GD wars. I can dream can't I?

(nostalgia'd way too hard last night)

Edited by Xellie, 07 January 2016 - 08:55 AM.

#65 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:13 AM

Pre-trans woe YES PLEASE. The addition of both training edition/vanilla woe and pre-trans woe would be a HUGE HUGE draw for the server.

Limited time bgs should be a thing anyway really, right now we have tierra as a casual random afk/alt filled badge farm you can shout for any time to try and farm some badges, ok whatever. It's flawed but could be worse. Now, re-work flavius into a more fun, more in depth bg. Open it for only 1-2 hours at a time a couple times a week or like once a day at most. Team picking/party sort enabled, no badges for losing but a VERY large number for each win.

THAT is how you get an active and competitive bg going on a small server. Funnel the activity into limited time slots everyone will (has to) show up for and make it competitive with high stakes and rewards.

You could even have it hand out different badges with an expanded and improved rewards list.

Edited by rojoky113, 07 January 2016 - 09:14 AM.

#66 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:28 AM

I think limited time bg is a bad idea, mostly because its iRO and theres players from ALOT of countries and time zones aren't favorable for all. Making bgs also time fixed will remove one of the ways for them get gears/supplies for these players.

Also if u let party teams AND no points for losing, do you think its gonna be helping new players?

Forcing players to login at inconvenient times twice a week for 2 hours of GvG is fine, but doing so again, that too on something that is essential for many classes for supplies might not be a good idea.

#67 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:33 AM

I think limited time bg is a bad idea, mostly because its iRO and theres players from ALOT of countries and time zones aren't favorable for all. Making bgs also time fixed will remove one of the ways for them get gears/supplies for these players.

Also if u let party teams AND no points for losing, do you think its gonna be helping new players?

Forcing players to login at inconvenient times twice a week for 2 hours of GvG is fine, but doing so again, that too on something that is essential for many classes for supplies might not be a good idea.

You're both missing the point, it's not for a new bg, it's a psuedo woe utilizing bg systems

Edited by Xellie, 07 January 2016 - 09:34 AM.

#68 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:35 AM

1) you can run it at different times throughout the day on different days or even for 1 hour twice a day at different times to appeal to different time zones.

2) newbies can already afk farm badges in tierra, not every single thing implemented in the game has to be oriented to be 100% for newbies. Tierra is the casual battlegrounds, newbie and essential supply farming can be done there at any time still. Timed ones would be the high stakes competitive ones that would lead to more serious and fun fights. Think more party pvp than gvg. It's like bg happy hour.

Is your objection to having more actual fun activities on the server throughout the week really that 4 hours of gvg (not like woe is actually 4 hours of fighting lol) on the weekend is enough already?

Edited by rojoky113, 07 January 2016 - 09:53 AM.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:37 AM

oy oy put on your get along shirt

#70 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:39 AM

It was meant to be lighthearted and funny but I snipped it anyway.

Also I know your original direction was to make a mini-woe for pretrans using the bg system but I figured I'd throw out how it should be used for a new bg too.

Edited by rojoky113, 07 January 2016 - 09:49 AM.

#71 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

Pre-trans woe YES PLEASE. 

Do It !  :no1:

#72 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

1) you can run it at different times throughout the day on different days or even for 1 hour twice a day at different times to appeal to different time zones.

2) newbies can already afk farm badges in tierra, not every single thing implemented in the game has to be oriented to be 100% for newbies. Tierra is the casual battlegrounds, newbie and essential supply farming can be done there at any time still. Timed ones would be the high stakes competitive ones that would lead to more serious and fun fights. Think more party pvp than gvg. It's like bg happy hour.

Is your objection to having more actual fun activities on the server throughout the week really that 4 hours of gvg (not like woe is actually 4 hours of fighting lol) on the weekend is enough already?

Look heres the thing, if you said things like "bonus points at hours for badges" etc, its not an issue. Many games have bonus hour systems, and they are great. But making things essential for competitive gameplay time based is just bad.

Might as well go with "do woe to get woe gears" KVM Token system, since thats what you vague proposed.

You said limited hours "BGs" not "Flavius" only changes, which you are only stating now.

Having one all time, other limited is fine, as long as the limited time one doesn't have exclusive gears(bonus badges etc are fine).

It might just work, if the rewards are worth burning supplies for(tho supplies are not an issue for many of us, its an issue for enough), the reason most "smaller" guilds didn't woe in events was because no rewards, not worth the supplies.

I know not everything in the game has to be 100% newbie oriented, but looking at the amount of people who like to PVP on the server you might want to give them a chance as well if you want to be people show up.

But I am actually curious if they even can do the "only at specific hours" BG, since if they can, it would be simple enough to make a woe-like scenario.

#73 b0neh34d

b0neh34d

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:34 AM

Remember the champions championship? That actually peaked some interest in Classic too. We should run another!

I'm pretty sure a non-trans WoE is viable, I have some ideas on how it can happen to pass to campitor now that I think about it.

This is what I think:

Pay_fild10, gef_fild14, xmas_fild01 are some examples. Tokens don't work there, I think icewall is disabled. Coincidentally they are the only maps where bloody branches work. (this will need to change if these maps are adjusted)

That could be used to free up a new maptype for item restrictions for a pre-trans pvp/woe type event map.

I think that by having a map where woe physics are enabled etc, then the guild system could be sort of emulated since the game can recognize who killed a mob, and their party/guild. (idk if that would make castle ownership a viable thing tho) If this didn't work, maybe a pre-trans BG type system that is open for 2 hours once a week?

Prize wouldn't necessarily need to be treasure either or run from the woe system. it could be as simple as access to a unique npc/dungeon.

Personally I'd like to see more maps that could function like GD wars. I can dream can't I?

Honestly, i wouldn't do it if there wasn't any reward. The GMs are managing this server so poorly, don't have motivation to do it for nothing.

I do remember and it was probably the best woes we had in Classic. We should, and we have more guilds playing now i think. Aurora, Valk, AnO, SGN, Rampage, Valhalla, Terms of Service and more (sorry if im missing any guild, not being very active the past months). We could even have more than 1 castle this time since there are easily 5+ guilds!

Also, will we keep with 1 castle per realm? Which modifications will keep from woe test? you know, that's what makes it hard to play on this server. We don't have information about what is going on.

This WoE should be scheduled and managed by the GMs, not players.

Pre trans would be perfect. I really hope they are working on it.

The BG idea it is amazing. But look, we have lots of different time zones players. What i think is: BG open the whole day BUT 1-2 hours a day we could have double badges or any other reward that would motivate players to play it. Also, BGs should have free supplies. I've played servers where BG used to have a NPC that gives free supplies (AD, EDP, pots - of course they can only be used in BG). It was REALLY busy the whole time and really fun to play. We could do it here, maybe 3 times/week have this "special BG" with free supplies and double badge. Something to think about.

GD wars can happen again if they make it attractive. Why would you play FE GDs? drop GSB. Why would you play SE GDs? drop elemental sword. And that's all.

A decent leveling spot can give you 200m+ xp/hour, right? How much does GD give you?

A decent farming spot can give you 50m+, right? How much does GD give you?

It has to be balanced. And it would be so good to have GD wars again, party fights, etc.

Finally, it would be REALLY good if we have every week or every 2 weeks a meeting with Oda on TS/In game/Ventrilo/whatever and we discuss this stuffs.

I feel like I'm posting this for nothing.

#74 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:39 AM

This is what I think:

This sounds fun, and if it's going to be like a pseudo woe, they could change somethings...like instead of being 1 woe of 2 hours, couldn't it be like 4 mini woe of 30 minutes? or give a reason for ppl to stay for the 2 hours, like..hmm let's see..if we have a competition..the maps could have monsters and the parties would need to kill it to complete a quest...the npc could stay at the center of the map, and it would give a prize and disappear after the first person turn in, and it would need a restriction to make only the party leader able to receive the quest.

#75 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:39 AM

Look heres the thing, if you said things like "bonus points at hours for badges" etc, its not an issue. Many games have bonus hour systems, and they are great. But making things essential for competitive gameplay time based is just bad.

Might as well go with "do woe to get woe gears" KVM Token system, since thats what you vague proposed.

You said limited hours "BGs" not "Flavius" only changes, which you are only stating now.

Having one all time, other limited is fine, as long as the limited time one doesn't have exclusive gears(bonus badges etc are fine).

It might just work, if the rewards are worth burning supplies for(tho supplies are not an issue for many of us, its an issue for enough), the reason most "smaller" guilds didn't woe in events was because no rewards, not worth the supplies.

I know not everything in the game has to be 100% newbie oriented, but looking at the amount of people who like to PVP on the server you might want to give them a chance as well if you want to be people show up.

But I am actually curious if they even can do the "only at specific hours" BG, since if they can, it would be simple enough to make a woe-like scenario.

Yo I'm not tryna be rude or offensive man, but I'm gonna be frank if you go read my initial post, it is REALLY obvious that what am talking about is making flavius into this timed bg and not changing tierra:

"Limited time bgs should be a thing anyway really, right now we have tierra as a casual random afk/alt filled badge farm you can shout for any time to try and farm some badges, ok whatever. It's flawed but could be worse. Now, re-work flavius into a more fun, more in depth bg. Open it for only 1-2 hours at a time a couple times a week or like once a day at most. Team picking/party sort enabled, no badges for losing but a VERY large number for each win."

Also yeah, people like pvp. Know when tierra is actually fun? When people are actually pvping. If people don't want their afk free woe supplies for doing nothing farm fest tierra to change, then you need to add a different bg designed to actually have people come have organized pvp for a good reward, because again as you just said, people want a reward for using their supplies.

Look at woe, its a scheduled and limited time event, its designed for fun, its competitive, and its rewarding, so people actually all show up at the same time and play together and like magic it's active and people have fun (those being relative terms here on classic lol, but the point remains). The limited scheduled time is key to making it active during those times. You need active for fun, that is the whole point of needing a higher population. If the server pop can't sustain a 24 hour bg with activity, then make it open for 1-2 hours that people will all have to show up at the same time for to make it active.

Edited by rojoky113, 07 January 2016 - 10:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users