Flora and Fauna Costume Contest - Page 2 - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Flora and Fauna Costume Contest

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#26 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Aura

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

I can see something in the gardening costume, very nice William!

Also like the deer faunus idea  :p_hi:

Keep em comming  :heh: 

#27 yeci

yeci

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:59 AM

:heh: yeah not much different from monarch butterfly costume but u can't be a bee wearing it.. just sharing my idea of a costume..  :wink:

#28 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leona

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:46 AM

:bow: the beekeeper costume .... omg Buffies  :p_laugh:

#29 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:44 AM

Started sketching one just because so many of you asked me to :) I haven't touched my tablet in a year... 
I have a lot to do, if it doesn't get done in time (because I'm busy) I'll just post it after it's done anyway =) I can't draw men...

#30 3829150918150702703

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:36 PM

TITLE: Jack the "SPRING SERVANT"

IGN: Satsujino

scARE%20CROW_zpsenb4fjdv.jpg

angel.gif

angel.gif

#31 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:14 PM

angel.gif

angel.gif

now this is something i would love to see ingame :)

#32 achibea

achibea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:37 PM

angel.gif

angel.gif

Very nice Artwork mate :) GJ

Edit: Lol nvm, I just saw this on Google. Still a good idea tho.

Edited by achibea, 16 January 2016 - 07:20 PM.

#33 iwill

iwill

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:55 PM

costume = Lady Rose and Prince of Rose

username in game = Metwells

Just try my imagination :)

30aykh4.jpg

#34 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:27 AM

Scarecrows are more associated with fall/harvest. Not spring, and not flora or fauna. Just being honest >.> Though, I've wanted a scarecrow for many years. That and a headless horsemen or an entire sleepy hollow set. 

#35 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:02 AM

Is it supposed to be a spring themed one? Fiora and Fauna is mostly "animals and flowers" , season doesn't matter. There's plenty of flowers during summer. 

#36 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:22 AM

I scarecrow is neither flowers nor animals. Happy now? 

#37 achibea

achibea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:42 PM

Is it supposed to be a spring themed one? Fiora and Fauna is mostly "animals and flowers" , season doesn't matter. There's plenty of flowers during summer. 

Ofc it does. Read the description of the theme again + flora and fauna doesn't focus on how plenty of flowers during "summer", but about the plants and animals being active again after winter and it's clearly referring to "spring".  :heh:  :heh:

Edited by achibea, 17 January 2016 - 02:51 PM.

#38 3829150918150702703

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:15 AM

Im using mouse to draw in photoshop, i left my lotus pen in my moms house. :)

So, here goes.. I hope its okay..

flower%20princess_zpsxbmu7oj2.jpg

#39 3829150918150702703

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:26 AM

Scarecrows are more associated with fall/harvest. Not spring, and not flora or fauna. Just being honest >.> Though, I've wanted a scarecrow for many years. That and a headless horsemen or an entire sleepy hollow set. 

Thats the reason why i quoted the pumpkin head as optional coz if we remove the head, then its a farmer thats why its named as spring servant. :)

#40 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

I'm not going to really play into this thing. 

I just don't enjoy seeing someone get credit for someone else's work, especially when the opportunity presents itself.

So, I think it should be made clear during these contest, that if you use a source image that you state so[you don't have to provide it, but make it clear it is NOT your work]

. This will protect the team from copyright infringement cases, and preserve your image as a reputable community member. 

As for the second image, is there a source/base image? Or did you make that one entirely yourself. 

Edited by Feuer, 18 January 2016 - 12:45 PM.

#41 3829150918150702703

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:36 PM

I'm not going to really play into this thing. 

I just don't enjoy seeing someone get credit for someone else's work, especially when the opportunity presents itself.

So, I think it should be made clear during these contest, that if you use a source image that you state so[you don't have to provide it, but make it clear it is NOT your work]

. This will protect the team from copyright infringement cases, and preserve your image as a reputable community member. 

As for the second image, is there a source/base image? Or did you make that one entirely yourself. 

I'm not sure where youre going but digital painting to digital arts, hand crafts to painting is as easy as it can be(atleast for me).

I don't have to flash my resume nor autobiography don't I? :heh:

For your copy right issue, scarecrows, fairies, farmers, gardeners, bee costume, archer costume, adam and eve looking costume, deer costumes and anything posted here are copied tens and thousands of generations long before you and I were born.

Does it have to be hand drawn to make it look original? I don't think so.
Anyway, that's your opinion, we don't have to argue about this, but it makes me feel that moderate to professional artists are not welcome to join events like this.

photo%20sample_zpspqy97qqc.png

#42 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:56 PM

Entries can be hand drawn, created with a tablet and image editing software, or 3-D models.  Make sure to include any colors that you concept for your costume design if its an original design. Make sure to also include the name of your costume and include your in game name with your entry

Costume designs must be the creation of the players submitting the entry. They should also match the current monthly theme. *

#43 achibea

achibea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

I'm not sure where youre going but digital painting to digital arts, hand crafts to painting is as easy as it can be(atleast for me).

I don't have to flash my resume nor autobiography don't I? :heh:

For your copy right issue, scarecrows, fairies, farmers, gardeners, bee costume, archer costume, adam and eve looking costume, deer costumes and anything posted here are copied tens and thousands of generations long before you and I were born.

Does it have to be hand drawn to make it look original? I don't think so.
Anyway, that's your opinion, we don't have to argue about this, but it makes me feel that moderate to professional artists are not welcome to join events like this.

Well, basically the one you stated (on red) isn't copyright since we didn't steal anyone's artwork, we may have used it but for reference/ideas. It didn't say you google this and then post it here, flipping the image, plus adding the hat. The only edit you did was seperating the feet of the scarecrow... Plus using someone's actual artwork and editing it without permission isn't very nice and it's illegal. (Worst part was not stating a credit at all). :heh:  Don't you get the point of copyright and having rules?  :questionmark:

Claiming you're a moderate or a professional artist, you should have known better...before posting anything here. Peace!

#44 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:30 PM

photo%20sample_zpspqy97qqc.png

+1 for this, I like your art, I'm also using adobe photoshop but can't draw using either mouse or pen, I just usually make a vector,  great job

#45 3829150918150702703

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

+1 for this, I like your art, I'm also using adobe photoshop but can't draw using either mouse or pen, I just usually make a vector,  great job

Thanks man. Brush and Smudge tool is my friend.. Its easy, just do it layer by layer. if youll do it in one layer itll be harder for you to add effects and edit stuffs. :)

Edited by 3829150918150702703, 18 January 2016 - 06:51 PM.

#46 3829150918150702703

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

Well, basically the one you stated (on red) isn't copyright since we didn't steal anyone's artwork, we may have used it but for reference/ideas. It didn't say you google this and then post it here, flipping the image, plus adding the hat. The only edit you did was seperating the feet of the scarecrow... Plus using someone's actual artwork and editing it without permission isn't very nice and it's illegal. (Worst part was not stating a credit at all). :heh:  Don't you get the point of copyright and having rules?  :questionmark:

Claiming you're a moderate or a professional artist, you should have known better...before posting anything here. Peace!

Maybe you guys are thinking that the devs are gonna copy the whole image itself?
No, coz they will modify, rescale it to fit for the 3d model of rose characters. Its pretty dumb to think that they will do the way as you posted it here.

Its the concept and the idea that maters.

And there are billions and trillions of free image sources and layouts free for editing for those die hard artists out there.

And yes, you wont get charged. If you see and edit images with splash and logos, those are the ones with copy rights.

If you don't get my point, this is like hit songs that get changed by other artists for their own music covers and yes, they don't get charged.

Haters gonna hate, haters make you famous thanks! Peace!  :)

Edited by 3829150918150702703, 18 January 2016 - 06:48 PM.

#47 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leona

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:08 PM

Thanks man. Brush and Smudge tool is my friend.. Its easy, just do it layer by layer. if youll do it in one layer itll be harder for you to add effects and edit stuffs. :)

I fully support you.

I took graphics design back in highschool... and guess what...  we made yearbook/agenda covers using some google images and pictures from our school. We just merged them together and BAM! yearbook! we didn't even need to include the links where we got the pictures from.

#48 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:25 PM

Just saying in this contest it has to be your work and your idea and not from google or someone else his work..

#49 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:39 AM

To clarify the matter, you can use other images as reference but the costume itself has to be your own sole creation. Of course there are many other images that might match the type of costume you would like to see, and if you think that the image you created does not accurately reflect the costume you would like to see in game, you can include a link to the images you used for reference as well! 

#50 albertuna

albertuna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Server:the dead one

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:44 AM

Its the concept and the idea that maters.

Agreed.

Some of the contestants could easily search the net, grab some images, do a little edit here and there, and post it (aka Photo Manipulation). But no, they took the time and effort to conceptualize it and draw it out visually and literally.

And there are billions and trillions of free image sources and layouts free for editing for those die hard artists out there.

And yes, you wont get charged.

Just becasue "everybody's" doing it doesn't make it legal. Just because you find an image online that isn't watermarked, ©, (CC), TM, etc. doesn't make it royalty free.

Some artists don't mind when someone takes their work and use it for personal and not for profit means.

You're setting yourself up for a lawsuit if you're planning to make profitable gains by using someone else's artwork of any form without prior consent.

If you see and edit images with splash and logos, those are the ones with copy rights.

You do understand that by saying that, you claim your Enchanted Deity piece isn't copyrighted by you since it has no watermark or logo plastered on it. And that I can take it as a royalty free artwork to use and edit for profit as I please with no consequence.

But I know if I took your artwork, get it copyrighted, and sell prints without your consent, you could sue me and legally win the case even though I went through the process of filing the copyright papers.

Artwork copyright's tricky compared to other forms of copyright.

Sorry for prolonging this off topic issue. I just feel very strongly about the misconception that art is free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users