• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#26 ZatoYo

ZatoYo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:07 PM

So what IF someone has duplicated toon on Nova  if u dont have any use for it .Theres no raids,no PK,no economy nothing.

And i have fell like its already decided that nova will be closed and im glad this happen .like someone said before its no point of keep server for feew players...

#27 BioElesis

BioElesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationDominican Republic
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Triffi

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:10 PM

Good idea, but manny will cry, and they don't want to be alone on Nova lol

[Name Change only for transferred players]

Don't want noobs to steal my in-game names

#28 kenkayo

kenkayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:19 AM

Pertaining to the items from the Trifri clones. The issue I see is with folks who then create a brand spanking new toon on Nova on a new acct. could then transfer the cloned enchant/stackable/consumable things to this new toon and viola now they get cloned characters items back to trifri on those newly created and transferred nova toons.

If i read Varitas post correctly, this is a problem is it not? As it appears to skirt around duplicating any characters.

Tl;dr   Cloned Trifri toon + new toon/acct on nova + dump cloned items onto this new acct = profit?

This is the plan of  NorrinRadd for a long time. He already prepared everything on his toon WITH cloned items just waiting for this. How long he been begging for this to happen? Imagine how many player from Trifi ask for Server Transfer last time?

Here's what happen last time. Someone from Trifi request to be transfer on Nova, then he use his friend account in Nova to transfer the cloned items from Trifi. Then this account from Nova will request to be transfer to Trifi with the cloned items instant duplicate right?

#29 Lyia

Lyia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:24 AM

Some questions:

If I ever get transfered to Trifri, will I have to:

- deal with "no skill animation" defilers with double damage AoC while pking? Sins hitting every 0,2 sec maybe?

- whenever I feel like farming uhh, red xeons, am I going to face ppl using macros at every farming spot?

Are you going to fix Trifri issues before moving us there?

Why havent you even tried to revitalize Nova using the tons of suggestions the playerbase gave to you, such as shared AH, permanent bonuses, etc.?

Am I going to lose mall points, battlefield points, bank stored stuff or anything else due the transfer process?

Thanks.

#30 Lupino1985

Lupino1985

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:53 AM

Use the example of [New Lux Gate Return Scroll], just put an NPC, PK protection, but but not put removes PK, so when the player put the protection, it has to have to wait it expires, for example, after activation he and forced to wait 1 hour, soon after this protection has to be renewed.

Att,

MrThug 

#31 VModBlueberry

VModBlueberry

Space Cowboy

• WarpPortal VM
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationSpace
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:59 AM

what do u mean duplicated? u mean Chars name? why u dont give a free char name for everyone who is transfered and add a NOVA at the start then they could change all the names

She meant the Items mostly, Character name issue is one fast to solve. So that is no problem.

#32 engendrodemaldad

engendrodemaldad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:58 AM

I think merge is the best! But the thing with duplicated items.... Me and I guess more ppl too has invested more $$$ in those duplicated items, so lose them is not an option

#33 KimboGod

KimboGod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:49 AM

simply add in game options pk available on - of, so the player can choose whether or not to participate in the pk system, so it can enable or disable your taste pk

#34 rlx09

rlx09

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:23 AM

I think that should be put at the discretion of the players who are in that nova server.
should put the free server transfer . 
and if the majority is transferred from trifi server  . unite server 

#35 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:43 AM

Since you can't transfer characters this is my suggestion.Create new chars of the same level of Nova ones that must be transfered ("template" characters) based to level they will get basic rewards.

EXAMPLE :

A player level 90 will have in his new trifri char full NM/Terror MG set (both) +0, MDC weapons +0, a fluid +0, some lant coupons, other various items, 3 MONTHs premium, and try to refund all the item malls too. You know, like 69 box...but it will be based on char level.

This is ridiculous!!!! So Nova players will get all their items +30 deleted so Trifri can easily kill us in pvp? NO THANKS. This will result in all Nova players leave the game (so server merge would be useless).

My idea would be: without announcing in advance set a date in which duplicated items cannot be traded (if they are on the same cloned char - easy to find on dev side), so:

- Nova players will choose which character keep (if duped): Nova or Trifri. All the items on the same char will be bound till the end of merge, and one of the 2 characters will be deleted), so at the end Nova players will basically have their Nova (or Trifri if they prefer) characters moved on Trifri and the cloned one deleted without any chance to transfer items to other accounts. In this way there won't be any chance to get profit.

- For PK/PVE: I woul add a system to choose at the login PVE/PK, then you will be bound for 1 day (so no chances to get it on/off every 10 seconds)

- For PK: other than what already suggested like race, level,... I would also add a limit to kill the same player, like 10 (e.g. player A cannot kill player B 100 times in a row - after 10 times in 1 day, that players won't be anymore killable).

- Before implementing PK protection or anything be sure there won't be any problem to join party (like it was with pk protection).

#36 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:39 AM

Lol Nova players looks a bit too scared about PK...if you don't touch anyone they usually don't attack you o.o There are lots of pve players in Trifri and they RARELY have problems with PK.

#37 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:43 AM

Maybe not scared, just we don't feel the need to kill other (low level) players to show we are good.

Have you forgotten how many lvl70-80 were at AT trying to kill new players without PK protection? Surely the new players weren't killing them... but it was full of failed PK players who could kill only 20-30 lower levels.

#38 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:46 AM

that will probably not happen again anyway . i am pretty sure there is almost none REAL NEW players...we had our russians mates with new toons but the guys knew the game and mechanics already , not really newbies... :p_devil:

#39 amzch

amzch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:08 AM

please make a dungeo to kill MARE GALL, BECAUSE THERE ARE A ALL MEMBER OF A GUILD KILLIM MARE GALL AND I WAS LOOKING FOR NOTHING   :(  The name of the guild is <Choco Pie>, a russian guild I think   :rice: .

It happened about all one day and maybe everyday ,  my friends and me were 5 pll so each our we find first the boss and we atak first but Choco pie guild sent us pk and won the agro, there are as 40 pll of <choco pie > 

Edited by amzch, 13 January 2016 - 11:31 AM.

#40 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:16 AM

Lol why you talk about mare-gall here XD

All you can do is form a stronger party and KS/PK them :D (or steal the boss, take it on a mountain, and kill there, huehue).

#41 massam

massam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:56 AM

I play on a server Nova, and I am against.
I play a few months , especially going to the server without PK, and like me a lot.

why should we feel uncomfortable when combining server?

#42 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:55 PM

Ok so....massam....you play on a server called nova and you are against it (it sucks right?)....you play from few months, especially you are going to the server without PK (aren't u already?), and u like urself a lot (that's good for u, idk what it has to do with the topic anyway). Why you should feel uncomfortable when combining server? (idk, tell us lol).

Anyway, from what I understood, YOU WANT MERGE, it's ok bro, we will have it!

Edited by Kazara, 13 January 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#43 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

yay merger

finally my defiler can be on trifri

oh and kaza im joining your guild

hope you have cookies

#44 BioElesis

BioElesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationDominican Republic

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:20 PM

PK in AT not gonna happen.

Pro players don't go Triffri, AT or any low lvl area..... they don't even care about pk.

Most of us focus more on FOC and TB were kills have a meaning.

#45 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:23 PM

PK in AT not gonna happen.
Pro players don't go Triffri, AT or any low lvl area..... they don't even care about pk.
Most of us focus more on FOC and TB were kills have a meaning.

Pretty much this.

The only pkers at low places are no life noobs who are usually 2 hit dead from anyone their own level

#46 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

Hey guys, do you remember when they merged the more successful Valdes server into Hammerine with PK on and no solution for it for 2 months, then made people pay for PK protection that caused bugs? Remember when the new servers population became lower than Hammerine's within months? Ohh also remember when duplicated weapons caused people to error out of battlegrounds?

I am sure this will go well considering how quickly they fixed the issue with their "Warp Portal" client that was then used as a base for their Steam Ragnarok 2 client, and subsequent Steam Requiem client where it can't connect to the server for days at a time. Ohh wait, they never fixed that issue. They also never fixed the duplicated weapons issues. I am also pretty sure PK protection is still bugged.

#47 Pitty

Pitty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:59 AM

About the merge I am on the supporters' side.

The only problem - which was mentioned above- the duplicated items issue.

Do u remember, that earlier there was a bug with eximius hearts? They simply removed the duped ones. Those enchants were in items an they can detect the ID of them.

If this case exists, and if my theory is right you simply do that way. E.g. in diablo 2 items had codes, if the codes meet in the same game, the duplicated will poof.

To this analog (I mean the exi heart issue) could t be his problem handled.

And before merge, solve the crashing issue of triffiri cuz its rly annoying. I cant even talk calmly with buds cuz of fear dcing... And not to mention when I am in BF and dcing before the end and getting sh*t for my 30-35 min effort.

#48 engendrodemaldad

engendrodemaldad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:53 AM

Lol why you talk about mare-gall here XD

All you can do is form a stronger party and KS/PK them :D (or steal the boss, take it on a mountain, and kill there, huehue).

64052028.jpg

#49 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

Do u remember, that earlier there was a bug with eximius hearts? They simply removed the duped ones. Those enchants were in items an they can detect the ID of them.

If this case exists, and if my theory is right you simply do that way. E.g. in diablo 2 items had codes, if the codes meet in the same game, the duplicated will poof.

It's not so easy... many items (not only exi hearts) have been traded for other items/lants/mall, so would you delete the duped item to someone that bought it without knowing it was duped? It's not possible to delete the duped items, I think at this point we must accept the duped items exist and will continue to exist after merging, and to fix all the problems related to them, just change all the IDs, and let them in game.

#50 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:21 AM

Duped items are actually a simple fix for any decent programmer. Just run a script to change Item instance ID if it already exists. The problem is a lack of a decent programmer which resulted in the duped characters in the first place in addition to the many other errors made since Gravity LLC took over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users