failed to connect to server - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

failed to connect to server

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 yukarihime

yukarihime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:44 AM

Either the DDoS mitigation has been turned on or ISP issue. Because there is a report on the web of users under Deutsche Telekom complaining of weird connection issues today, I am thinking it could be indeed ISP related.

Could be ISP issue for me then, mine is Deutsche Telekom. I'll try to check into that.

Still weird though, since it only affects iRO/Warpportal and everything else that needs internet works just fine. :hmm:

#27 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:47 AM

If you can use a secured VPN service or game proxies (e.g. BattlePing, PingZapper and WTFast) you might be able to connect fine.

#28 Apocalis

Apocalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:52 AM

If you can use a secured VPN service or game proxies (e.g. BattlePing, PingZapper and WTFast) you might be able to connect fine.

I am Deutsche Telekom too and all other sites or games work for me ... hm

but i love ragnarok the most ;_; i hope this prob will be solved somehow

#29 yukarihime

yukarihime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:52 AM

Weird problem is weird.

Just tried loggin in again not using any proxy/VPN and it seems to work without any lag or dc for now.

My character even survied the Eden Group without any lag past the first few seconds to load everything.

I'll see how long that holds and report back if any problems occur again.

How is it for the other people living in Germany?

Edit:

Okay, that didn't hold long, got a dc again... xD

I can log back in though and the extreme lag seems to still be gone.

I'll continue loggin in to see how often the dcs happen.

Edit 2:

Being able to easily connect lasted only 30-40 min.

Yay for error messages.

Edited by yukarihime, 03 February 2016 - 06:36 AM.

#30 salehhutomo

salehhutomo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationBeside Gramps
  • Server:Gramps

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:37 AM

Just like what Apocalis said, tried other online games, and it went well with no lag whatsoever.

It probably is the DDoS mitigation system doing its work.(recent DDoS confirmed from Germany? /heh)

#31 Apocalis

Apocalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:04 AM

it works at the moment, i used a backup from my roordner (usb stick) to shorten the patch process

now i am online and it seems not so laggy and no sprit issues at the moment. i don't know if the problem is solved but i will observe it further from my standpoint

Edited by Apocalis, 03 February 2016 - 07:08 AM.

#32 salehhutomo

salehhutomo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationBeside Gramps

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:14 AM

Nicee, just tried it now. Seems ok, hope this means its fixed. Thanks for the update

#33 Apocalis

Apocalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

sigh it happens again, forum and game x_X but after all since my last post it worked

#34 salehhutomo

salehhutomo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationBeside Gramps

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:03 AM

Its laggy again, impossible to play

#35 yukarihime

yukarihime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:16 AM

Same for me.

Trying WTFast right now like VModCinnamon suggested and right now it looks like it's helping.

#36 Shenzu1337

Shenzu1337

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:22 PM

WTFast isn't working at all for me :-(

#37 Apocalis

Apocalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

i use ping zapper now. it is a solution for the moment. forum still won't load most of the time. i hope the real problem will get solved soon although.

#38 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

I have to point out though, that this issue has been there for years.

Around 2013 when I started playing on iRO (just when the Classic server was released) there were times where it was just like it is now, WP Forums not loading, issues with logging in, etc.

Back then I sent in a ticket about it but only received an anwser, that on their side everything is fine.

Back then though it was never as bad as it is now, like I COULD still always log in, while now I haven't been able to log in for 2 days by now.

I really don't want to have to play on euRO because of this issue.

iRO is my home and it's the only true Ragnarok server to play on.

Damn you Deutsche Telekom.

#39 salehhutomo

salehhutomo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationBeside Gramps

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:36 PM

So far WTFast has been working like wonder. Hope this works also for you guys with deutsche Telekom.

#40 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:14 PM

Still fishing for a follow up from the CMs.
For now, contact your ISP technical support department, explain properly to the staff what is the issue, tracerts would help.

A temporary workaround is to use a VPN (private VPN to avoid security issues) or known proxy services, BattlePing for example is nifty and easy to use. Others are WTFast and Pingzapper. Remember to not install multiple proxy applications on your system, try one at a time and see which one works best for you. Ideally you should pick a US West Coast server for optimal lag reduction.

#41 Apocalis

Apocalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:21 PM

after all...

Thank you for your effort

should be said sometimes <3

I appreciate it ^-^

#42 MasterOfBytes80

MasterOfBytes80

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:32 PM

My lag's began with the Attacks in the last days. Before i haven't any problems since i began to play on iRo (~mid October) I tried WTFast now and it works very good for the game. (Of Course not for accessing the Web and Patchserver :( )
Is there an special form / address to contact Telekom with this Problem? I don't want to do that on the Hotline...

#43 kimmy2000

kimmy2000

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:39 PM

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem, can not connect to game or webpage, but everything else works fine.  I am based in UK with EE ISP. 

At present I am using WTFast as recommended and I can login and play, but this is not the long term solution. 

Just had a reply from Support to say contact my own ISP which I will do now.  Will keep you up to date if they fix it.

#44 Iryabaar

Iryabaar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:11 AM

also playing from germany, but no problems from my side.. i dont use the telekom net though, im on cable 

#45 kimmy2000

kimmy2000

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:43 AM

Contacted my ISP, not something to do with them apparently.  They are adamant that if everything else works just fine, then its not them. :sob:

#46 Pean

Pean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:37 AM

Could be ISP issue for me then, mine is Deutsche Telekom. I'll try to check into that.

Still weird though, since it only affects iRO/Warpportal and everything else that needs internet works just fine. :hmm:

I do have the same issue. i used Traceroute 3D to check my proxies, and it seems the very first server i hit have some big problems. i'm customer of Telekom as well, my location is thuringia. my friends from swziterland do have a stable ping.
i cant even log in most of the time, if i manage to log in i wont see any npcs and DC pretty often.

may i ask you for your location? i try to check if its a regional problem telekom could deal with in case its reported, or if i have to use another proxyserver to change my gateway. thanks.

#47 Pean

Pean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:52 AM

just to compare the server which have problems. anyone who have the same issue is able to traceroute as well? Download traceroute 3D ( free/chip.de download/no adds )  and route to www.warpportal.de
the IP where my ping raise to 600+ is 87.186.224.93 (use the tab "list" on top to see single proxys and IPs)
would be nice if someone can confirm issues with the same gateway.

currently there is not much to do if the gateway have problems, unless its hub of telekom, even they wont be able to fix it. ( i assume its not a hub otherwise all the ppl with this issue would live reaaaally close to me )
solutions would be: ask friends for a VPN connection IN CASE their connection is ok (FE Fritz remote or if they own a server... )
Check for own proxyserver which would work for you - diffrent for everyone, depends on the location.

to ckeck your ping without installing any tool, use windows->console-> type "CMD"-> type "nslookup www.warpportal.com" ( wont show the gateway )

Damn you Deutsche Telekom.

Telekom is just a provider, any provider can have this problem...
the provider make contracts with servers they use every 2 years, if any of these servers have trouble with forwarding, its not the provider, and i dont think that Telekom at all will have a chance to fix this.

Edited by Pean, 04 February 2016 - 06:41 AM.

#48 yukarihime

yukarihime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:01 AM

may i ask you for your location? i try to check if its a regional problem telekom could deal with in case its reported, or if i have to use another proxyserver to change my gateway. thanks.

We're practically neighbours, I live in Hesse.

#49 Pean

Pean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:02 PM

using VPN now, works fine. but still i hope they will fix the issue soon.

#50 Makuron

Makuron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

Hey, I'm from Dragon Saga, but I had the exact same issues for the past days with anything warpportal-related and it seems to be working for now (about 30 minutes of stable connection and counting), you should try without a VPN, maybe it works for you aswell! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users