Welcome to Metal Assault's new home! (Feedback) - Page 2 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Welcome to Metal Assault's new home! (Feedback)

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#26 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:01 AM

There is no option for Metal Assault in the "Game List" game sign up. I would like to use an existing WP account to sign up a game account for this one, but I can't. Sadly the game is not in the list of games in which I can choose to add a game account for.

When will this be possible?

Or better how do I sign up a game account for this game by using an already existing WP account?

(giggle, game is worth trying out me thinks :p_smile:)

DS stays my homebase though........nothing will ever change that, giggle. :p_hi: 

#27 SirGrindalot

SirGrindalot

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:23 AM

Where's the game server located? I heard it is Los Angeles.

@Fliederduft78:

Go to https://warpportal.c...gistration.aspx - at the top there is a link that will add the game to your game list.

#28 TheKILLERhaLLs

TheKILLERhaLLs

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:43 AM

#AbyssaL
The dream is real, i can't w8 this epic game <3

#29 SeemLegit

SeemLegit

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:58 AM

If i created my account long time ago, will i have those stuff?

Edited by 100008390792554, 19 February 2016 - 04:00 AM.

#30 MintyThresh

MintyThresh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:World 1

Posted 19 February 2016 - 04:04 AM

As Leonis mentioned before to a previous member asking the similar question. 

Yes, if you had a old account created long time ago you will have those stuff. 

Edit : https://warpportal.c...nnectWindow-tab Click this link and on the top right you will see the words If you have a warpportal ID, Please click HERE! 

:)

Edited by MintyThresh, 19 February 2016 - 04:07 AM.

#31 MintyThresh

MintyThresh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 04:05 AM

@Fliederduft78:

Go to https://warpportal.c...gistration.aspx - at the top there is a link that will add the game to your game list.

I think i heard both California and Los Angeles but i'm pretty sure it's California :)

#32 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:55 AM

Hey Leonis Any plans on including Metal Assault in the "Friends with Benefits" game share so that when we invite friends to play the game we can receive rewards?(Especially at launch)

I'll have to find out. We found some heavy abuse with this feature, we had to review ways of preventing it in the future so it keeps true to its intention and isn't able to be abused. Thanks for pointing it out though, it would certainly be an awesome benefit to have!

So, question so I can be sure. If our WarpPortal account was made via the registration form at the Metal Assault website, then we don't have to do anything else but wait, correct? Not having a Metal Assault section in the game accounts page confuses me because I'm unsure if my account is already linked to Metal Assault, but since my name already seems to be taken, it seems like it's linked. But I want to be sure.

EDIT: Apparently, while there isn't a section for it in the games page, there is in the account overview. Nevermind!

Correct. We have not launched yet, so any registrations prior to our announced launch date (once we make that announcement) will be eligible for the special package.

The current only way to register is through the www.playmetalassault.com registration page. The full integration to our website has not yet been completed. :)

There is no option for Metal Assault in the "Game List" game sign up. I would like to use an existing WP account to sign up a game account for this one, but I can't. Sadly the game is not in the list of games in which I can choose to add a game account for.

When will this be possible?

Or better how do I sign up a game account for this game by using an already existing WP account?

(giggle, game is worth trying out me thinks :p_smile:)

DS stays my homebase though........nothing will ever change that, giggle. :p_hi:

The current only way to register is through the www.playmetalassault.com registration page. The full integration to our website has not yet been completed. :)

If you're an existing WarpPortal player, there is a link at the top of the registration page, that will take you through the process for creating a Metal Assault account.

Close enough. The servers are located on the West Coast of USA, in California.

This is a new server, new service. We cannot retain any of the previous server data from the old publisher. So no data is being saved from previous versions of Metal Assault.

As Leonis mentioned before to a previous member asking the similar question. 

Yes, if you had a old account created long time ago you will have those stuff. 

Could you please show me where you saw me say this? I don't recall making this statement and if I did, I have to apologize because that is not the case. Old character data or accounts will not be available from any previous services of Metal Assault. This is a brand new server, starting fresh, and everyone will be starting over together. We're all going to be basic boot-camp buddies.

#33 MintyThresh

MintyThresh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:00 AM

Could you please show me where you saw me say this? I don't recall making this statement and if I did, I have to apologize because that is not the case. Old character data or accounts will not be available from any previous services of Metal Assault. This is a brand new server, starting fresh, and everyone will be starting over together. We're all going to be basic boot-camp buddies.

Apologies i got it all wrong. Cupcake mentioned it and i aswell got her statement wrong aswell. It was 7 am and i didn't have my morning coffee. Sorry again :D 

#34 Achilleus80

Achilleus80

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:37 AM

Fantastic! Metal Assault is coming back, I am really AMAZED! :)  :waddle:

#35 SirGrindalot

SirGrindalot

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:37 AM

Leonis, thanks for the info about the server location, appreciate it.

I recently stumbled upon Warpportal's youtube and twitch channels. Are there any plans to create some content related to Metal Assault, perhaps a livestream on twitch or a special video on youtube?

#36 Jirosei

Jirosei

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:31 PM

A lot of people that I used to play MA with I still talk to, and it's been a long running joke of it coming back. I can't beleive after all these years it's going to be up again, can't wait till it launches.

#37 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:59 PM

Apologies i got it all wrong. Cupcake mentioned it and i aswell got her statement wrong aswell. It was 7 am and i didn't have my morning coffee. Sorry again :D

No worries! I just wanted to make sure I didn't say something that wasn't true. I try to be as accurate as possible with anything I post, and if I don't know, I'll be honest and say I don't know or I'll find out before I do post. There are rare cases I'll mis-state something, in which I will correct myself when caught, or was provided incorrect information. I'm a little strange, but I don't like misleading anyone because I know for some, accurate information can really make a big difference. :)

Leonis, thanks for the info about the server location, appreciate it.

I recently stumbled upon Warpportal's youtube and twitch channels. Are there any plans to create some content related to Metal Assault, perhaps a livestream on twitch or a special video on youtube?

I'm sure once we get everything up and running, we'll be including Metal Assault to our live streams and featuring it as well during our launch. I'm looking forward to it myself, and hopefully I don't disappoint with my rookie skills. :)

#38 SeemLegit

SeemLegit

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:03 PM

I mean the account of Warpportal...i was playing Ranarok here and will i have those stuff

#39 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:04 PM

I mean the account of Warpportal...i was playing Ranarok here and will i have those stuff

If you have a Ragnarok game account on your WarpPortal account, that account should still be as it was when you last played Ragnarok.

You can register for a Metal Assault game account on the same WP account.

Go to this page https://warpportal.c...ion.aspx#WP-tab and click at the top where it says "If you already have a WarpPortal ID, please click here". That will bring you to the WP login page and once you log in, you will be brought to the page where you can register for MA. 

#40 Lion109

Lion109

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Channel 1

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:15 PM

Wow, a lot of great stuff for pre-registration for MA.

Thanks for the help Leonis, many of the old MA players appreciate it.

Hope to see you in the game and play a match together in the future.

Btw if you guys need some help to prepare events or suggestions for tournaments then just ask since we've held events of our own in the past for MA.

#41 HitSense

HitSense

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Herz - Server 1

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:43 PM

the hotbar permanent unlocks are pretty cool (Y) 

Appreciated!!!

#42 HitSense

HitSense

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Herz - Server 1

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:45 PM

when you will release this game will be on steam in the same time, or we have to wait a little more?

anyways the future of this game is bright if this will come to steam, 

the community is full, 500+ people are ready to play it and many others to come..

i wish you WarpPortal good luck, but i think you dont really need it   :wink:

Edited by HitSense, 20 February 2016 - 10:56 PM.

#43 Phonton

Phonton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLiving in Maginot D

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:52 AM

Hellos, I got a list of questions to ask so I'll try my best to keep it neat. :p_smile: 

• What type of events will be hosted? From what I understand there will be streams and videos which is really nice by the way :thx:  . But will we have in game events as well? In the old MA some people hosted events but they would have to pay out of their own pocket and there was very little events done by the old publishers (or none at all) and everything was done by the players. This got expensive fast but it was really fun :p_hi: . Some events for example would be: PVP battles with only grenades, Tourneys, and Fanart contest just to name a few.Also who will these events be hosted by if they are hosted? 

• Will there be possibilities for Players that have a good idea for event to post on the forums and if it gets enough positive feedback become an event that comes out?

Dividing up to two post since the forum seems a bit buggy...

#44 Phonton

Phonton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:56 AM

• In Case Friends with Benefits douse not come out for Metal Assault I was wondering if there could be an alternative? Such as once the player reaches certain lvl's you get reward/s. This is Strictly assuming that FWB doesn't come out for MA or won't be out for awhile.(I'd love if a Ladder boost was a reward but that's just me :P)
  • ​Will the Item mall be out soon after release?
  • Will MA be getting anyone else to help out such as somebody in game or on the forums specifically for MA?
  • Will the game be getting updates as the developers make them? Such as how the old MA was *Months* behind the other versions.

#45 Phonton

Phonton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:05 AM

That's pretty much all the questions I had gathering up in my head at the moment. A few might not be possible to know yet such as the Item Mall I just wanted to get all my ideas out there before I forget in the future :hmm: . Oh also Thanks a bunch for the Forums I'm loving the emoji's And sorry about triple post guessing there is a character limit per post..And just realized this probably could have went in Tech support & feedback. Note to self Never post when half asleep after a long day at work. Sorry if this is considered the wrong area :|.

Edited by Phonton, 21 February 2016 - 04:19 AM.

#46 CarlosGZ

CarlosGZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationVenezuela - Maracaibo

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:36 AM

Thanks for bring the game back!!

#47 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:04 PM

What type of events will be hosted? From what I understand there will be streams and videos which is really nice by the way :thx: . But will we have in game events as well? In the old MA some people hosted events but they would have to pay out of their own pocket and there was very little events done by the old publishers (or none at all) and everything was done by the players. This got expensive fast but it was really fun :p_hi: . Some events for example would be: PVP battles with only grenades, Tourneys, and Fanart contest just to name a few.Also who will these events be hosted by if they are hosted?

We're certainly planning to hold events throughout the service of Metal Assault. The types will be determined based on what we're able to support and what the community enjoys. I'm sure we'll try a few different things here and there, to see what the response and affects are from the start.

Will there be possibilities for Players that have a good idea for event to post on the forums and if it gets enough positive feedback become an event that comes out?

I know I've supported many community events before, so I see no reason it can't be done. How its gone down before is, whoever wants to run an event, the event details need to get ran by me for a green light. Usually all I'm looking for is to make sure it's a fair event anyone can participate in, and we confirm times, how it'll operate and what the rewards might be and we go from there. :)

In Case Friends with Benefits douse not come out for Metal Assault I was wondering if there could be an alternative? Such as once the player reaches certain lvl's you get reward/s. This is Strictly assuming that FWB doesn't come out for MA or won't be out for awhile.(I'd love if a Ladder boost was a reward but that's just me :P)

Well the entire Friends with benefits was under review, last I heard. So putting up an alternative, might end up being as much effort as just finishing out whatever alterations we want to put in to the Friends with Benefits program to make it available. I'm still waiting to hear back on the overall status of the program with Metal Assault.

​Will the Item mall be out soon after release?

Very likely it will be available at launch.

Will MA be getting anyone else to help out such as somebody in game or on the forums specifically for MA?

That is yet to be determined. We have a history of recruiting volunteers within the community to help on the forums and be points of contact for us to keep involved and informed within the community. I'm sure we'll make the effort to continue this successful involvement and path so Metal Assault thrives on for this community.

Will the game be getting updates as the developers make them? Such as how the old MA was *Months* behind the other versions.

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the timeline we'll have for updates, but I do know the development team has been helpful and responsive to every report and all communications we've had with them. If a schedule of any kind becomes available, I'll be sure to share it with the community so everyone can look forward to future content.

#48 iAmEstar

iAmEstar

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:51 PM

Omg! I can't believe it's actually coming back. By the way, if all the other people managing MA is as supportive as you Leonis, this will be such a great experience... Even better than before! I can't wait!

Only question I have, what are the things changing (new stuff) and what are the ones staying as they were in the old MA in details? (Any new game modes? New guns/guns levelling system? New characters? Changes in story? Items? Maps? Or... At least you got plans for new stuff?) :D

#49 ManageBac

ManageBac

I made it Off Topic

• MA Recon Squad
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:NA

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:18 PM

• No.8 hot key opener
    Unlocks the '8' hotkey bar shortcut.
  • No.9 hot key opener
    Unlocks the '9' hotkey bar shortcut.
  • No.0 hot key opener
    Unlocks the '0' hotkey bar shortcut.

Let me get this straight, this package "unlocks" key binding? Why is this in special package, shouldn't this be available for everyone?

Also any release date yet?

Thanks

#50 Monkeyman510

Monkeyman510

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:25 PM

• No.8 hot key opener
    Unlocks the '8' hotkey bar shortcut.
  • No.9 hot key opener
    Unlocks the '9' hotkey bar shortcut.
  • No.0 hot key opener
    Unlocks the '0' hotkey bar shortcut.

Let me get this straight, this package "unlocks" key binding? Why is this in special package, shouldn't this be available for everyone?

Also any release date yet?

Thanks

If you played in the Japan beta server and Thailand pre-open you would have seen that Gnisoft locked hotkeys: 8, 9, and 0 and can only be unlocked by doing getting daily rewards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users