How to solve hyperinflation - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

How to solve hyperinflation

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#26 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:00 AM

Scrolls like repair scrolls sure do sound appealing, abrasives also plsss

#27 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:30 AM

XjHmJ54.png

^not feeling like yourself today?

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH XD XD XD

ezgif-2003076077.gif

Edited by LegendaryTorgue, 05 March 2016 - 02:34 AM.

#28 SonicRain

SonicRain

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:52 AM

This does not solve hyperinflation, actually this could make a catastrophic collapse because if you add a bunch of items(top tier items) be sold from an npc then there would be item-inflation and would actually remove the need to even buy or sell items to and from real players, not to mention aswell that people will just resell the items that are available in your item npc undervalued and completely remove the need for the shop atleast in long term.

The raffles are good yeah, but since im not stupid and take my chances with bad odds I wouldnt personally do it.

#29 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:59 AM

someone really should rest lol

#30 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 March 2016 - 04:08 AM

This does not solve hyperinflation, actually this could make a catastrophic collapse because if you add a bunch of items(top tier items) be sold from an npc then there would be item-inflation and would actually remove the need to even buy or sell items to and from real players, not to mention aswell that people will just resell the items that are available in your item npc undervalued and completely remove the need for the shop atleast in long term.

The raffles are good yeah, but since im not stupid and take my chances with bad odds I wouldnt personally do it.

you should read my bottom suggestions instead of the MVP cards.

#31 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:59 AM

XjHmJ54.png

Maybe he's got MPD.  :heh:

....or he's the ventriloquist.  :wah:

I agree to the idea of having a raffle. Make the chance like 0.001 to get the Grand Prize but you can increase your chance by buying something on the shop like a bubble gum (more like a coin or a ticket) that you could multiply your chances of winning but only one use per roll.

Wouldn't it be great for iRO and the players? What do ya'll say?  :heh:

#32 AustenHeller

AustenHeller

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:37 PM

It devalues items in the long run and people would set up bots just to buy certain items.

The raffle events are the best way to take zeny out of circulation.

Edit: The rich people aren't going to spend their zeny unless it's something crazy worthwhile and the 2b cap limits this.

Raffles are a good idea. It doesn't have to be NPC's selling items, as you point out. The point is that GMs need to do something to take money out of the market. And setting up a system that somehow trades money for valuable items seems like pretty much the only way.

#33 Niloks

Niloks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:26 PM

XjHmJ54.png

look at him and laugh

#34 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:55 PM

It's been said, but the best idea is to create valuable (but not game breaking) consumables available as an npc purchase. Raffles seem like a good idea but the truth is not enough people spend enough zeny on them to make it worthwhile. Everyone has a certain level of buying power which represents their impact on the market. This power isn't going to diminish because of the raffler, since people will only be willing to spend a certain amount of zeny on it, not enough to put a dent in their buying power (unless they're stupid or gambling addicts).

Therefore, making certain consumables npc purchasable is a much more reliable way of draining the zeny out of the server, since the zeny people spend on consumables represents an actual portion of their buying power, as opposed to 'luxury money' they set aside for the raffler.

Additionally, the fact that they are consumables as opposed to static items ensures that there will never be an over saturation of them to the point where it will influence the zeny balance significantly. Will provide some examples later when I get more time to post

Edited by hotel, 07 March 2016 - 10:59 PM.

#35 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:21 PM

Remove 90% of zeny hold on all characters in game. Thank you :p_idea: :p_hi:

#36 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:36 AM

I think KRO should have some good suggestions to you. There's very high deflation in KRO. Upgraded Katar, 2500 won price, are sold at 700k zeny. LOL
That's so impressive for server that has been opened for 8 years.

Edited by Sigma1, 08 March 2016 - 12:38 AM.

#37 superclarence

superclarence

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:57 AM

Buff scrolls that can be bought with zeny are nice.

Another example is Safe to 14 Certificate. If Safe to 10 Certificates are being sold at ~160m, they can sell this at 500m, for example.

Getting an armor or a level 4 weapon to +13 isn't exactly easy so WP can still sell a lot of ores. Then, people who don't feel like doing this process all over again can use those Safe to +14 Certificates. The low success rate and high price of certificate will surely help remove some zeny from the game. :p_smile:

#38 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:07 AM

if a safe to +14 cert existed people would probably use them to get to +13, not just to +14. it'd be way cheaper than getting to +13 with ores.

#39 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:10 AM

XjHmJ54.png

wtf

#40 superclarence

superclarence

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:52 AM

if a safe to +14 cert existed people would probably use them to get to +13, not just to +14. it'd be way cheaper than getting to +13 with ores.

The idea is that it will work like a Safe to 10 Certificate so you can only use it for upgrading +13 gears to +14.

From +10 to +13, people will still have to do the normal upgrading method to keep the server alive.  :p_laugh:

#41 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:13 AM

pretty sure you can use safe 10 certs for anything up to 10. people just don't do it.

#42 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:44 AM

Is it possible to audit the server's money supply? If you could check the total amount of Zeny in circulation at regular intervals along with the net gain or loss over long periods it would be possible to tweak money sinks dynamically and keep inflation in check.

This is technically possible for us to do. 

Not sure what the curve would be like, as I couldn't even guess the daily gain/loss, but assuming it isn't too bad, subtle adjustments to the existing money sinks may be enough to have a gradual removal of currency from the supply. I'd be cautious about adding large numbers of valuable items to the market to force it down too rapidly. Ideally, the money supply should be small enough that Zeny would have enough buying power to make the current holding capacity on a character irrelevant.

#43 superclarence

superclarence

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:52 AM

pretty sure you can use safe 10 certs for anything up to 10. people just don't do it.

So the description here is incorrect? http://www.divine-pr...-10-certificate

#44 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

How about give players like *Ehem* zeny because they can't take the time to farm decent things to sell to make zeny. 10 years in a game with nothing to show for it... /sob

#45 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

So the description here is incorrect? http://www.divine-pr...-10-certificate

I want a 17209.png Anael's Rainbow Scroll lol

#46 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:38 AM

If items breaked with use and you needed to constantly repair them, like in most nowaday games, there'd be a decent zeny sink from this. This plus adjusting the price of the repair NPC...

#47 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

How about give players like *Ehem* zeny because they can't take the time to farm decent things to sell to make zeny. 10 years in a game with nothing to show for it... /sob

Decreasing the supply of Zeny increases its value, giving you more buying power. What you suggest does the exact opposite. If you're serious, could you please elaborate on how you think this is beneficial.

#48 neil87

neil87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:45 AM

implement vending and trading TAX!?!

#49 AustenHeller

AustenHeller

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:50 PM

It's been said, but the best idea is to create valuable (but not game breaking) consumables available as an npc purchase. Raffles seem like a good idea but the truth is not enough people spend enough zeny on them to make it worthwhile. Everyone has a certain level of buying power which represents their impact on the market. This power isn't going to diminish because of the raffler, since people will only be willing to spend a certain amount of zeny on it, not enough to put a dent in their buying power (unless they're stupid or gambling addicts).

Therefore, making certain consumables npc purchasable is a much more reliable way of draining the zeny out of the server, since the zeny people spend on consumables represents an actual portion of their buying power, as opposed to 'luxury money' they set aside for the raffler.

Additionally, the fact that they are consumables as opposed to static items ensures that there will never be an over saturation of them to the point where it will influence the zeny balance significantly. Will provide some examples later when I get more time to post

Excellent idea. The point is, either NPC's or the game has to offer something useful other than pots and upgrades in exchange for Zeny. I can see 150k Ygg berries being a total hit.

I'm astonished people aren't more worried about this. Not solving this problem while it's still tractable is probably the greatest existential threat we face. That, and not being able to attract new players (which, surprise surprise, has a lot to do with inflation).

#50 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:46 PM

We can definitely start with straws. They're not gamebreaking, they're convenient SP recovery items. And hella botted. Everyone uses straws, and people can run through thousands everyday, so it would definitely be a good zeny sink, as well as a "beta" to determine if NPC's selling these items will really be worthwhile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users