Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationPvP Ranking Mode
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:God's Sanctuary

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:11 AM

You can easily kill a sentinel runner since

1. They have no forum of damage mitigation or oh crap skills.

2. They have low hp/def( It used to be possible to outright 1-2 shot ms pfs/sentinels even with full BSQ buffs on them)

3. They have no form of self heal outside Cake/Eternity pot spam.

You cant kill a runner easy in general and thats why everyone is complaining about runner. If it would be so ez to kill one there wouldnt be all that topics in the forum about runner. Maybe you can kill a runner ez if you got waaaaaay better gear. And its not like Sentinels cant hide behind their traps if you place them well .-.

#27 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:19 AM

Most forum topics I've seen about runners are talking about Invokers/WMs/Fighters not sentinels/PFs.

But like i said earlier if you're having issues killing a MS sentinel in a game full of Hit scan skills then it's due your own lack of skill/teamwork in BSQ.

Edited by StormHaven, 21 April 2016 - 03:39 AM.

#28 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:40 AM

Seems like most of these negative judgements of sentinels is coming from players having trouble dealing with 1 guy in a low level bsq

#29 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:11 AM

the only thing sentis need is just a slightly higher tesla cooldown and fixing the hitbox of their skills ( like litteraly shotdowns not enough all skills hit you no matter where :D

And if those 2 above were going to be done anytime the class is one of the most balanced ones  

#30 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:42 AM

the only thing sentis need is just a slightly higher tesla cooldown and fixing the hitbox of their skills ( like litteraly shotdowns not enough all skills hit you no matter where :D

It's called hit scan, A lot of skills for different classes work off it,basically if they target is within range when the skill is cast it will land even if they move out of range. The trade off usually is the skills are weak Power wise.

#31 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:46 AM

If anything, sentinels need some damage buffs. This is strictly speaking at end game levels, but not before other classes that need them (savages,overlords,pallys,ninja).

Sentinels can easily trade off a few cooldown increases or numbers tweaks in exchange for a damage buff. It's got a lot of flexibility in "buff one, nerf other" type of balancing.

You cant kill a runner easy in general and thats why everyone is complaining about runner. If it would be so ez to kill one there wouldnt be all that topics in the forum about runner. Maybe you can kill a runner ez if you got waaaaaay better gear. And its not like Sentinels cant hide behind their traps if you place them well .-.

If you're having difficulty as a runner. You might wanna look into some practice. Then coordinate with a group of frequent PvP'ing friends in that range to do the same. People don't realize it but the groups who dominate Bsq's tend to be very well coordinated. Look into voice chat even if it's that hard.

Then again you were in a topic complaining about this very thing and to convince GM's to make bsq rules similar to another server. Not to mention your wonderful behavior in the Overlord topic. But that's none of my business.

Seems like most of these negative judgements of sentinels is coming from players having trouble dealing with 1 guy in a low level bsq

Usually it's 1 guy. Who's a capper and can do the proper hit-and-runs and avoid dying even in a 3-5v1 scenario.

It's called hit scan, A lot of skills for different classes work off it,basically if they target is within range when the skill is cast it will land even if they move out of range. The trade off usually is the skills are weak Power wise.

This is why I said a Twin would work. You can equal the movement speed potentially and the hit scan for ghost-fighter's cast time combined with a weave for shootdown blocking means a runner archer would panic. Especially if they wasted the one counter to a Twin's ghost fighter.

#32 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:03 PM

If you're having difficulty as a runner. You might wanna look into some practice. Then coordinate with a group of frequent PvP'ing friends in that range to do the same. People don't realize it but the groups who dominate Bsq's tend to be very well coordinated. Look into voice chat even if it's that hard.

Then again you were in a topic complaining about this very thing and to convince GM's to make bsq rules similar to another server. Not to mention your wonderful behavior in the Overlord topic. But that's none of my business.

Dont make me laugh. Lets go 1o1/1o2 in a BSQ with around 150ms difference and you can try to catch me. GG have fun. Dont worry you dont have to teach me how to PvP or how to BSQ. Im a very good PvP'er.

And yes i made a thread about rules, why you choose that small font size? Rules are always usefull and if you guys are against a rule vs running people you are probably some of those. 

The statements in the Overlord topic are my own opinions from playing Overlord and playing against Overlords. I dont think that you can force me to share the same opinion as you. Your sentence has nothing to do with this topic and it will only cause bad mood as you can see. If you have smth personal against me or if you wanna try to win against me in a PvP, send me a pm. Otherwise let it.

Edited by Turpi, 21 April 2016 - 12:05 PM.

#33 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:18 PM

Dont make me laugh. Lets go 1o1/1o2 in a BSQ with around 150ms difference and you can try to catch me. GG have fun. Dont worry you dont have to teach me how to PvP or how to BSQ. Im a very good PvP'er.

And yes i made a thread about rules, why you choose that small font size? Rules are always usefull and if you guys are against a rule vs running people you are probably some of those. 

The statements in the Overlord topic are my own opinions from playing Overlord and playing against Overlords. I dont think that you can force me to share the same opinion as you. Your sentence has nothing to do with this topic and it will only cause bad mood as you can see. If you have smth personal against me or if you wanna try to win against me in a PvP, send me a pm. Otherwise let it.

wonder why u had ppl 1v1 n33bsauce to prove a point when you're a good PVP-er yourself

#34 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:26 PM

No but you're doing the exact same thing you did in that previous topic; Ignoring the actual good advice from the more well known PvP'ers for skill. Considering at least two of the posters in this topic have done god-like as Sentinels in Battlesquares without running. I've actually read some sound advice from them myself. If I did play a runner class I'd probably take these as precautions to annoy people like you even more.

I'm against a rule vs running people because it doesn't need to exist. Wasting WarpPortal's valuable time because Mr. Rocket Man wants to use 3:3 BD's and accessories to hit 550 movement speed and get blown up if even a tank mage looks at him funny is nonsense. Have you actually tried the counters? The advice given?

People in this topic are saying Nerf Sentinels because one grabbed 12 flags and ran in circles for 10 minutes. By that logic my +4 armored Savage in 60-64 should be hit with a nerf-hammer for managing to run-stall more stacked 60s. The class itself is actually in need of some okay balances though. A 2-3 second shootdown cooldown increase here, 2 second telsa increase cooldown there, compensate with higher damage %'s for other skills like their admittedly underused awakenings, fix the pull mechanics of skills like wire-action or skills that are worthless in both pvp and pve like the detonate charges or untouchable and the class itself would be a very good and balanced state.

Even without running into account people will still play Pathfinders even after any nerfs do come to life.

#35 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:46 PM

No but you're doing the exact same thing you did in that previous topic; Ignoring the actual good advice from the more well known PvP'ers for skill. Considering at least two of the posters in this topic have done god-like as Sentinels in Battlesquares without running. I've actually read some sound advice from them myself. If I did play a runner class I'd probably take these as precautions to annoy people like you even more.

I'm against a rule vs running people because it doesn't need to exist. Wasting WarpPortal's valuable time because Mr. Rocket Man wants to use 3:3 BD's and accessories to hit 550 movement speed and get blown up if even a tank mage looks at him funny is nonsense. Have you actually tried the counters? The advice given?

People in this topic are saying Nerf Sentinels because one grabbed 12 flags and ran in circles for 10 minutes. By that logic my +4 armored Savage in 60-64 should be hit with a nerf-hammer for managing to run-stall more stacked 60s. The class itself is actually in need of some okay balances though. A 2-3 second shootdown cooldown increase here, 2 second telsa increase cooldown there, compensate with higher damage %'s for other skills like their admittedly underused awakenings, fix the pull mechanics of skills like wire-action or skills that are worthless in both pvp and pve like the detonate charges or untouchable and the class itself would be a very good and balanced state.

Even without running into account people will still play Pathfinders even after any nerfs do come to life.

There was no good advice. People just said if you cant catch a runner, your BSQ side got no teamplay or your gp sux in general. As if no1 else had already the idea to tell the team that they have to focus at the flagholder. Not to mention that there are very often BSQ's with only 2-3 player inside and as I said it already many times before, gl with catching then.

Runners are avoiding a battle, tanky mages mostly not. BSQ is called BattleSquare for a reason. Otherwise it should be renamed in RunnigSquare.

And as I also mentioned many times, running is not a Sentinel problem and i never said nerf Sentinel coz some player run lol.

I dont think that Sentinels should get buffed and I also dont think that they need a nerf beside 1more second CD at Tesla. 

In my style of PvP awakenings arent underused. I use them in pretty much every groundcombo. Useless skills like Claymore exist in every class, dont see a problem with it. 

Untouchable is one of the best skills of Sentinel tho and theres absolute no need to fix it. Sad if you as a PvP'er dont see any use in it. Good Sentinel will know what I'm talking about...

Lets see if we find a good Sentinel player who can explain us why Untouchable is so great  :Emo_12:

The first ritght answer gets a reputation point from me!

Edited by Turpi, 21 April 2016 - 02:59 PM.

#36 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

This is hilarious.

#37 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:26 PM

This is hilarious.

I want senpai to teach me.

#38 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:30 PM

At this point i think someone got their fantasy confused with reality.

#39 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:59 PM

There was no good advice. People just said if you cant catch a runner, your BSQ side got no teamplay or your gp sux in general. As if no1 else had already the idea to tell the team that they have to focus at the flagholder. Not to mention that there are very often BSQ's with only 2-3 player inside and as I said it already many times before, gl with catching then.

So you can't win with 2 other people vs a squishy target?

Runners are avoiding a battle, tanky mages mostly not. BSQ is called BattleSquare for a reason. Otherwise it should be renamed in RunnigSquare.

You're pretty much raging against runners at this point.

And as I also mentioned many times, running is not a Sentinel problem and i never said nerf Sentinel coz some player run lol.

It's most often associated with Sentinels and the OP made the topic to nerf sentinels.

I dont think that Sentinels should get buffed and I also dont think that they need a nerf beside 1more second CD at Tesla. 

I never said straight up buffed.

In my style of PvP awakenings arent underused. I use them in pretty much every groundcombo. Useless skills like Claymore exist in every class, dont see a problem with it.

Topics have stated that these skills have 0 benefit and in the cases of dragonkin have resulted in massive skill-trees with only a handful of useful stuff. Also in my experience unless it's an Invoker, Summoner, Savage, or Dragoon no one has used them in PvP due to their flaws.

Untouchable is one of the best skills of Sentinel tho and theres absolute no need to fix it. Sad if you as a PvP'er dont see any use in it. Good Sentinel will know what I'm talking about...

So spiking up Movement speed to ungodly levels for only a short duration but being left at 1 hp and 0 mp also it costs 60 SP which no one will use on is useful? I've seen people only use it as a gimmick.

Lets see if we find a good Sentinel player who can explain us why Untouchable is so great  :Emo_12:

It's only good if you have the means to restore the loss health

The first ritght answer gets a reputation point from me!

I've said every reason why no one uses Untouchable.

#40 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:38 PM

you use untouchable to instantly abuse and stack death buffs in bsq

#41 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

you use untouchable to instantly abuse and stack death buffs in bsq

He even just got out of a discussion about abuses in Battlesquare and promoted rules in in it as well. If I see a Sentinel magically jump out spawn w/ 1 hp I'd immediately assume it's for bad intent.

#42 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:46 PM

Agreeing to disagree is sometimes a pretty smart thing to do guys! It's pretty clear running bsq is no reason to nerf sentinels, so the runner topic literally has nothing to do with whether or not there's a need for changes.

On shootdown. I hate skills where the hitbox doesn't match the animation of the skill, and shootdown is definitely one of them. The area it hits is really wide,on the fast ms of sentinels the skill is really easy to line up, the cast animation is short, you do it from jumping which lowers the chances of getting hit while doing it, it's on 5 sec cooldown and does a lot of dmg.  That's a brutal list of attributes to have on a skill.

#43 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:51 PM

Wrong, ohsnap. I thought StormHaven could explain you why this skill is so good.

#44 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:12 PM

Wrong, ohsnap. I thought StormHaven could explain you why this skill is so good.

The only explanation is that it was used to hit the record highest possible movement speed as an experiment. Which is pretty much the only pro

Cons;

1. 60 SP. The same as the PvE only ultimate. Also has a few skill pre-requisites meaning more SP used.
  2. It takes all your mana and drops your health to 1. Unless you had eternity pots or capsules on standby it'd pretty much be suicide.
  3. The movement speed bonus itself is short duration.
  4. The AoE damage it does is laughably low.

#45 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:34 AM

You have to think around the corner.

#46 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:59 PM

Please enlighten us, oh wise one.

#47 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:37 AM

Like you guys love to say here: Im not going to spoonfeed anyone with informations that are so obvious.

If Popcorn rly plans to change the function of this skill I'll explain him why that skill is so great. I dont think that a whole skill gets changed tho coz some people think it is useless. But I wouldnt mind a higher dmg and lower sp for this skill.

Otherwise it shall stay a secret.

Edited by Turpi, 23 April 2016 - 12:46 AM.

#48 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:11 AM

I forget some people have trouble detecting sarcasm.

#49 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:06 AM

Like you guys love to say here: Im not going to spoonfeed anyone with informations that are so obvious.

If Popcorn rly plans to change the function of this skill I'll explain him why that skill is so great. I dont think that a whole skill gets changed tho coz some people think it is useless. But I wouldnt mind a higher dmg and lower sp for this skill.

Otherwise it shall stay a secret.

Hmm all this talk of your greatness but still gets other ppl like n33bsauce to fight your battles :/

#50 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:19 AM

As i already mentioned, pm me if you want to pvp me :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users