Para Market Testing Station [Updated] - Page 3 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Para Market Testing Station [Updated]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
355 replies to this topic

#51 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:38 AM

i dont want our current market prices driven by paramarket items...dang, why do they have to implement this. we can survive this far without it, and we have no problem procuring high demand high price items.
no no nooooooooooo

Althought I see your point, currently there's no effective inflation counter-agent.  This would help a great deal if controlled properly.

Inflation is the bane of existance of newcomers.  I've argued before that noobies get their initial zeny from NPC trash loots.  It's a fixed, flat rate that doesn't follow the market trend.

Keeping the consumables low and affordable should be a priority.

#52 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:12 AM

Paramarket would be a good alternative to bot-driven economy If done right. It discourage botting by making it unprofitable while also provide a useful zeny sink to help combat inflation as well. Today iRO economy is pretty much run by NPC, which are the bots providing the unlimited necessity supplies at the lowest price. 

Paramarket should have unlimited supply of heavily botted items and sell them at lower than botted price. If the supplies are limited for these cheap items, it will only benefit the richest and bots player who camp these market 24/7 and buys them all at the instant they spawn only to be sold at a premium to newbies for quick profit with little efforts. 

The limited supply items should be 2-3x the market price to ensure there are always supply of particular item regardless. However, I don't support this idea. Smart traders often buy popular items and don't release them to the market until the time is right to maximize their profit. Paramarket would undermine their work. 

Edited by 3025140119203620510, 20 April 2016 - 05:19 AM.

#53 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:36 AM

I've argued before that noobies get their initial zeny from NPC trash loots.

You legitimately make more zeny off completing bounty boards than you do picking up loots. Obviously you should be doing both as a new player, but the zeny from bounty boards is much better than any low level loots.

Also I don't agree with selling botted consumables for low prices from NPCs. Lets say they sell Straws at NPCs for 2k zeny, Botters will sell them cheaper than that at lets say 1.5k. Then what? Sure you cut into their zeny per straw, but they are still making the profits. So you sell Straws even cheaper to the point it's a waste of time for them to bot it? Now you are giving out essentially free straws and not doing anything about the zeny inflation issue and producing a lot more straws into the game than botters do.

Don't take the easy way out when dealing with issues.

Edited by Toxn, 20 April 2016 - 05:40 AM.

#54 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:50 AM

You legitimately make more zeny off completing bounty boards than you do picking up loots. Obviously you should be doing both as a new player, but the zeny from bounty boards is much better than any low level loots.

Also I don't agree with selling botted consumables for low prices from NPCs. Lets say they sell Straws at NPCs for 2k zeny, Botters will sell them cheaper than that at lets say 1.5k. 

Last time I checked Juno 110-150? bounty boards, they give 40k zeny per turnin.  That's abysmal when I make 4-6 million per hour in Nogg 2. The loot there is ridiculous!  The lower level bounties probably make you hunt mobs with no value, so I can see the issue there.

Also I don't agree with selling botted consumables for low prices from NPCs. Lets say they sell Straws at NPCs for 2k zeny, Botters will sell them cheaper than that at lets say 1.5k.

If you're still replying to me, I never stated the parakeet market should be that.  Plus it's been said by Oda and Camp-at-thor that it'll be 150-300% of the market value.

#55 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:57 AM

at least 150 level restriction to utilize para market; restricting to trans or even just a third class isn't enough since it's not exactly hard to get to 99 these days.

#56 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:58 AM

God why

#57 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:04 AM

Last time I checked Juno 110-150? bounty boards, they give 40k zeny per turnin.  That's abysmal when I make 4-6 million per hour in Nogg 2.

Thats not exactly low level. Actually thats not even close to low level, thats mid level.

If you're still replying to me, I never stated the parakeet market should be that.  Plus it's been said by Oda and Camp-at-thor that it'll be 150-300% of the market value.

I was responding to the person below you.

Edited by Toxn, 20 April 2016 - 06:05 AM.

#58 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:35 AM

Is there some built-in coding to dynamically update average market value to determine the final markup price or will this be something the staff will have to manually update (and neglect) periodically?

Edited by RichieDagger, 20 April 2016 - 06:36 AM.

#59 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:40 AM

I think you know the answer to that one :v

#60 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:58 AM

I think you know the answer to that one :v

I suspect the later, because, as far as I'm aware, all NPC scripts need a server reboot before changes take effect. It would be nice to have an official acknowledgement though.

In this case, it would be best that any items with a history of drastic price fluctuations be omitted from the Para Market, as these will be the primary targets for automated exploitation. Aside from that, I see no reason for anyone to ever utilize the Para Market, provided the items sold there maintain a reasonable supply to remain available via other methods.

#61 nkamarijuana

nkamarijuana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

LEGALIZE  :heh:

#62 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

COMPLAINS EVERYWHERE  :yawn:

#63 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:53 AM

COMPLAINS EVERYWHERE  :yawn:

Concerns, not complaints.
Half of you can't think past five minutes from now and don't deserve to leave feedback.

#64 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:54 AM

Looking at the list there are some basic things I am going to be proposed removed. Like the Endless Tower loots.. Those really should come from ET only.

#65 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:56 AM

Looking at the list there are some basic things I am going to be proposed removed. Like the Endless Tower loots.. Those really should come from ET only.

Good to hear, but Endless Tower loot isn't as impactful as it would be on Classic.
I'm glad that you guys re going to prune some of the items. Most of the people whining here don't realize that they will probably never really make a profit off of the Para Market either way.

#66 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:57 AM

Good to hear, but Endless Tower loot isn't as impactful as it would be on Classic.

May be wise to create 2 threads for Classic and Renewal.  Vastly different economies...i think....i dont play on classic just goin on speculation. right?

#67 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:58 AM

There's a lot more than just the ET loots that should be removed, Camp...

#68 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:59 AM

Can we also remove some more items that are made from MVP loots from the list? Or at least adjust them to the market price way higher..

#69 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:04 AM

There's a lot more than just the ET loots that should be removed, Camp...

Yes there is that was just one of the things that really popped out. Plus that they currently sell 100 OCAs every day. Which seems like alot for the market to be generating. Also there was this fun translation we received.

dialog "[Guide]"
            dialog "Some portion of earnings from here is spent on running the adventurers' quest agency, Eden Group."
            dialog "Some can sell their booties and their earnings contribute to your convenience. Isn't it mutually beneficial?

#70 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:06 AM

i would add to that list with items that can be crafted/cook by players, instance drops, investment rewards and stuff like oca.

raw materials should be the only things available.

Edited by Ryviux, 20 April 2016 - 10:07 AM.

#71 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:08 AM

We can control the following

Items Sold

Prices Items are Sold

Amount of items sold

Days items are sold

Times items are Sold

Calendar Day items are sold

#72 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:08 AM

dialog "Some can sell their booties and their earnings contribute to your convenience. Isn't it mutually beneficial?

Great.  Next thing we need is bunch of criatura acadamy hoodlums on the corner streets.

#73 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

When will this hit sakray

#74 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:17 AM

"Some can sell their booties and their earnings contribute to your convenience. Isn't it mutually beneficial?

...we're totally gonna keep this as an option though, right?

#75 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:19 AM

We can control the following

Items Sold

Prices Items are Sold

Amount of items sold

Days items are sold

Times items are Sold

Calendar Day items are sold

just sell the raw materials 24/7 with a very low prices so players won't feel the need to buy form bots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users