Para Market Testing Station [Updated] - Page 2 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Para Market Testing Station [Updated]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
355 replies to this topic

#26 Mikael31

Mikael31

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:14 PM

My 2 cents: Botters will still make profit regardless of these new systems.

The amount between the ave market price and the para market price will be the selling mark-up range. Botters may get lower Zeny but definitely they will not lose anything.

Edited by Mikael31, 19 April 2016 - 06:19 PM.

#27 Mikael31

Mikael31

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:15 PM

Make the items obtained from paramarket account bound.

Why? I don't get your point dude.

#28 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:28 PM

Go easy with the negativity, lol. Camp did say they will review the items and the pricing that will be made available via this para market. Isn't this what people said can help to reduce botters' income by npc-ing common botted items like straws, etc?

And I think the idea of restricting the access to 3rd jobs (maybe trans'ed too?) only is a pretty good way to filter out the bots.

Although, I honestly can't see how the para-market will benefit bots more than normal users, especially if the items are regulated.

Edited by DeadIntern, 19 April 2016 - 07:14 PM.

#29 DivinumRen

DivinumRen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:45 PM

Nvm, the problem with paramarket are the bots...

Add a buy cooldown and account bound the items in paramarket :p_idea:

#30 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:13 PM

Just wait for the list to be posted, have some people post an average of what they see each item being worth, and up the price by 20~30%.

@Kaddy

Only bots will make use of the market if it is insanely lower than current MV, they just have that much of an advantage. But customisation with iRO is a blurred line so w/e really :X

#31 son12

son12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:46 PM

here is the list for the ones who are lazy...

http://vignette2.wik...=20140408061914

Edited by son12, 19 April 2016 - 07:48 PM.

#32 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

i dont want our current market prices driven by paramarket items...dang, why do they have to implement this. we can survive this far without it, and we have no problem procuring high demand high price items.
no no nooooooooooo

#33 scraps345

scraps345

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:iRO : Chaos

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:52 PM

Can't they just remove OCA out of the Paramarket?

#34 Stalkerness

Stalkerness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:53 PM

... people are vending OCAs for ... 7.5m.

these have been selling, btw.

Ask Ragial for their script, run your own bot that can determine "Average Price" and 3x that in the Para Market, maybe make it automatic??? (not sure if it is possible)  but could be a bit easier than GMs constantly checking the items themselves...

Last I checked, Ragial skews prices lower in an attempt to thwart (upwards) market manipulation, and as such is really not a good basis to start with.

Just wait for the list to be posted, have some people post an average of what they see each item being worth, and up the price by 20~30%.

imo, you need a few more zeros on those percents, people vending +30% of average is very very common (and reasonable).

Edited by Stalkerness, 19 April 2016 - 09:01 PM.

#35 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:36 PM

Also make sure that the prices in both Chaos and Thor are completely differentsince they have completely different values of items. Like OCA in Thor is almost twice the price of OCA in Chaos.

#36 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:45 PM

Not sure if Warpportal realize that the reason kRO made Para Market was because their other paid servers have very VERY few population, thus lacking the item supplies like these on their server.

AtHEQu.png

1. Sara : 82
2. Dark Lord : 65
3. Baphomet (Free) : 3584
4. Randgris : 126
5. Thanatos : 113

(thanks Toxn for finding this on irowiki somewhere)

With Sara, Dark Lord, Randgris and Thanatos server having fewer than 200 players, Para Market makes sense for those servers. But not for a server like iRO Chaos... For Para Market to be implemented on Chaos server, major tweaks needs to be done... How much work are the GMs willing to put into balancing Para Market to suit Chaos' economy though, I'm quite skeptic that they will be able to do a good job at all.

However, given the last time the community heavily protested against the unfrozen shadow set for 19 pages + and the GMs still fall under deaf ears, I'm skeptic they would listen to the community anymore. Will this bring iRO server nearer to it's demise, or will it not change anything.. Only time will tell. :u

#37 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:49 PM

Please don't listen to the selfish complaints of the veterans.

Please Implement as intended by kRO.

#38 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:22 PM

please dont listen selfish complaint of this guy. he doesnt know what he is doing.

not all kRO updates should be implemented to iRO coz we have our own dynamics. kudos for Oda and camp who able to fend sealed mvp cards. i hope Oda and camp can think again about paramarket case

#39 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:35 PM

Also make sure that the prices in both Chaos and Thor are completely differentsince they have completely different values of items. Like OCA in Thor is almost twice the price of OCA in Chaos.

Error, just now OCA's price just reached Chaos' price lol

#40 Reaghann

Reaghann

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:pRO New Chaos, iRO Thor

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:39 PM

I don't think this is necessary even for a server like Thor w/ lower player counts. Despite few population, players are still able to supply the stuff being provided by Para Market. Its seems pointless to have the update either since items like EDPs are too abundant for the servers (EDP costs around 15k-18k zeny in Thor). Plus items like OCA, Mora coins and Coagulated Spells/Temporal Crystals shouldn't be available in NPCs as they should be obtained in they way they are right now. IMHO, iRO doesn't need it, only for servers with ridiculously low population such as those kRO P2P servers who doesn't have constant supplies with the items offered by Para Market. Hopefully, discussions about implementation will go well. Server economy is at stake.

#41 gorogu

gorogu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:49 PM

Dude
Gm
Do u know the problem of market is bots
They farm more then real players

And your air strike team is not doing enough
People already told u how to hunt botter

Just do it better on this problem

#42 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:17 PM

I might agree with some that it shouldn't be implemented at all (only if possible) because the only positive side of Para Market is only to maintain the price of the items and those lazy players and bots will be the ones who are benefitting them. Although, I don't mind for this to be implemented but having the different servers to have different prices is a must.

Error, just now OCA's price just reached Chaos' price lol

Not yet. It's actually from "over half" the price last month to "almost half" the price (from 10m to 8m). :sob:

#43 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:59 PM

This a good one IMO . 

If the GM / CM team will have a way to monitor who's buying the items , it will be way easier to bait bots and sink their zeny along with their accounts otherwise it may pose a problem . I assume management will have their countermeasures in line with its implementation so might as well support it.

#44 Savio619

Savio619

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGoa India

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:19 AM

If you guys are implementing Para Market, just make those items account bound. That solves the case of Bot spamming the market. Secondly that market needs a lot of things to be removed eg: OCA, Temp Crystal, Coag Spell, Coins (all of them) , +20 Food items (These prices keep fluctuating and are expensive in bulk), Also those items the NPC Black Berry sells shouldn't be there. 

I love the idea having PARA Market as it will supply those items which u need for leveling/hunting up at a quick access (Hence items account bound). But in no way I love the idea that the economy goes for a Toss

#45 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:41 AM

here is the list for the ones who are lazy...

http://vignette2.wik...=20140408061914

Yeah, I feel like people are talking out of their ass and don't even know the prices the npcs sell the items for (or the amounts).

Edited by meli, 20 April 2016 - 02:42 AM.

#46 louisn1234

louisn1234

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:48 AM

remove those item that doesnt hurt real farmer in the server . Case Settled. :p_smile:

oca , coag spells, mora coin etc...

#47 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:20 AM

Isn't investment system enough for consumable zeny sink? Can you just make the investment system faster (IE: turn in stacks of 1000 tickets) 

I just see this as a weird idea in general, since it's been so long without it and we seem to be doing just fine. But if we have to have it, make blue coags 500k not 50k pls. 

#48 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:42 AM

You realize that veterans are much less affected by this than new/mid starting players right?

#49 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:54 AM

What's the point of implementing it if prices are going to be way higher than market value anyway? Seems like time wasted to me. The obvious exceptions being account bound items such as Mora Coins, Splendide Coins and so on. iRO does not have a shortage of supply, with all the bots swimming around, so this update really serves no purpose. 

#50 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:29 AM

Labeling the concerns being brought up here as "selfish complaints" is a vapid attempt to dismiss legitimate inquiry and discussion. Your usage of the "veterans" generalization is also a straw man.

Please elaborate--who, specifically, is being selfish and on what premise? Do you presume kRO to be infallible?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users